Heartbreak Warfare

By thedaydreamer270

"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: Epilogue

Chapter 60

58.2K 2.4K 1.6K
By thedaydreamer270

Draco didn't want to leave Harry alone. It was obvious that he was hurting. He had lost so many people in the last few months, in his entire lifetime, and he hadn't been given time to grieve. Draco wanted to be there to help Harry through it all but if he wanted to be alone, Draco had to respect that. No matter how much it hurt.

Draco found Blaise in the Great Hall, his arm in a sling. Draco was relieved to see that he was all right and went over to sit by him.

Blaise grinned at him. "Glad to see you in one piece, mate."

"More or less," Draco smiled. "Though, I look better than you do."

"You know me. Always fighting the good fight which you can't do without getting a few scratches."

"And your family? Have you seen them?"

Blaise's face fell slightly. "Not yet. I don't know what I would do if I did. What comes after this?"

"Whatever it is, I'll be there for you." Draco put his hand on his shoulder.

"They'll disown me," Blaise replied. "If they knew."

"Well, if we win, they'll most likely get put in Azkaban along with my parents."

He gave him a look. "Knowing our parents and their influence, that's highly unlikely."

Draco shrugged. "Who knows, but you won't be alone."

"Thanks, mate," Blaise smiled. "Where's Harry, by the way?"

"He's in the headmaster's office. He wanted to be alone."

"Everything all right between you two?"

Draco nodded. "Yeah. He just had a huge load dumped on him because apparently, Snape had a past with his mother and he was a double agent."

Blaise looked taken aback. "No joke?"

Draco shook his head. "Yeah, I know. I would have never believed it if Harry hadn't told me. He played his part well."

"If Snape told him that then does that mean he's going to fighting with us?"

"He's actually...dead."

"Merlin's beard. Who killed him?"

"Voldemort. He thought that the Elder Wand wasn't working for him because Snape was the one that killed Dumbledore."

"Is that true?"

Draco shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe. As he was dying, he gave Harry some tears that acted as memories so he would know the truth."

"That's intense."

Draco nodded.

They were quiet for a few minutes before Blaise broke it.

"Just in case this is it and something happens," Blaise said. "I just want you to know how much you mean to me." He smiled at him and put his hand on Draco's arm. "You've grown a lot with Harry and I'm glad that you're so happy and that you're starting to see yourself the way I've always seen you. It fills me with joy that you were able to find love with Harry. I know we were thrown together by circumstance but I hope after all this that we'll still be mates."

Draco smiled and rest his hand on top of Blaise's. "Always."

"Good," Blaise grinned. "Since I am your only friend and all."

Draco chuckled and hit Blaise's shoulder with his own. "Prat."

Just then, Ron and Hermione walked up to them.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asked.

"He's up in the headmaster's office," Draco replied. "He said he needed to be alone."

Ron and Hermione exchanged a look.

"What? What is it?" Draco asked.

"Neville said he talked to him not too long ago but no one has seen him since," Ron said.

"We think he went to turn himself in," Hermione finished.

Draco got to his feet. "No, he promised."

"I think he's a Horcrux. That's why he can hear them and why he's always been connected to Voldemort," Hermione explained. "He was the Horcrux Voldemort never meant to make."

"I have to stop him."

Draco ran out of the room, ignoring their yells of protest. He rushed out of the castle and to the edge of the forest. He ended up tripping and falling hard on his knees. He turned to see that he had tripped over a wand and Harry's invisibility cloak.

"No, no, no," Draco kept mumbling to himself, picking up the items.

He turned to bolt into the forest when he saw a crowd walking across the bridge to the front of the castle. Deatheaters. Draco was too late.

He didn't want to believe it. Harry couldn't be gone. He had been so alive when he'd last seen him. It had to be a fluke. Maybe Harry went to turn himself in but changed his mind. Maybe he didn't turn himself in in time. Part of Draco wouldn't believe it until he saw him for himself. The other part was dying inside. Tears streaked down Draco's cheeks and he was finding it hard to breathe as his heart contracted in his chest. Harry couldn't be gone. Draco couldn't live in a life that didn't have him in it.

Draco got to his feet. He had to see for himself. Draco ran back to the castle, cradling the items in his hands, hoping to Merlin that Harry wasn't gone for good.

****

Harry woke up to see Draco's mother crouching over him.

Her lips were close to his ear as she whispered, "Is Draco alive?"

Harry inclined his head in a slight nod and she let out a breath of relief before getting to her feet.

"Well?" Bellatrix demanded. "Is the boy dead?"

Harry assumed Draco's mother nodded when Deatheaters cheered and laughed while Hagrid howled in devastation.

"Let's finally end this," Voldemort replied. "The boy who lived is finally dead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 515 31
"Harry thought that maybe he was having a dream where Draco would have him, and they would stay in a small place in Godric's Hollow. Maybe he dreamt...
175K 5.4K 26
"Umm I-I was uhh j-just leaving" I stuttered. {why am I having trouble speaking? especially to Malfoy!} He looks me up and down and I some how feel e...
288 12 6
Harry smirked, "I should get an award." Draco rolled his eyes. "And what blasted person gave you that idea?" "You!" Draco scowled, placing his palm o...
702K 18K 25
Harry is abused by the Dursleys, so Sirius and Remus come to stay with him in Hogwarts to make sure he's okay. He starts a secret friendship with Dr...