First Impressions

By King_Nykki

27 year-old city councilwoman Onika Tanya Maraj is running for Governor. As she was making a speech there was... More

The Marine
Threats
Bodyguard
Speech
Attempted
Election Day (Part I)
Election Day (Part II)
At the Mall
Caught
A Family? (Part I)
A Family? (Part II)
Solo
Talk to Me
Official
Merry Christmas... Happy Birthday
State Dinner Goes Left
Terrorist In Cali
Forgiving (Part I)
Forgiving (Part II)
Better Judgement
Much Love
Helping Jay
Making the Commute
Gaming Enters Reality
Alyssa vs. Solo
The Weekend (Part I)
The Weekend (Part II): Matthew
Perfect the Way You Are
The Best of Many (Part I): First Date
Lovers in Los Angeles
Our Type of Love
Made from Passion & Pleasure
Welcoming Makiah
Explosion Released Lucifer
Once a Marine Always a Marine
Finding Out Truths
Biological
How Many?
We Need YOU
The Talk
The Best of Many (Part II): Halo
The Best of...
...A Nightmare
Subconscious
I'm Not Alright
Thank You
Finally Home
Drinks, Drugs and Vows
After Marriage
Free
Agent Knowles' Anger & Frustrations
The Interactions & Reactions of Malia

Running for Governor

10.2K 343 124
By King_Nykki

Onika

This is the first day to a new start. Being city councilwoman was ok, but now it's time for me to be Governor of California. I am the first and youngest city councilwoman... that's a lesbian... openly. I made it my business not to hide who I am. I wanted people, that is like me, to see themselves when they see me. I have a 18 month old son name Jayden.

I was with this woman, Marissa, for 6 years. A little over two years ago we made a big decision to have a baby. When I got pregnant she was over the moon. About 5 months into my pregnancy I was put on high risk and bed rest. At that point i started noticing how much she was withdrawing from me. When I went into labor she was nowhere to be found. My best friend Ashley and my mom were the only two at the hospital. Marissa got to the hospital four days later.

When Jayden turned two months I really started noticing signs of her cheating. She kept her phone close at all times. She would sneak out the bed late at night when she thought I was sleep. She would come home some days super late but lie and tell me she was with her friends all night even though I called them earlier. She would always accuse me of cheating to ease her guilty conscience.

When Jayden turned six months I hired a private investigator to see if my intuition was right. The pictures that the PI took made my stomach turn. I couldn't believe she would do this to me. When I confronted her she had the nerve to laugh and say it is what it is. She was like she never meant to commit to a supposedly one night stand. The way the knife went through my heart, with those words, killed me instantly.

We split and she went on a radio show saying that we split because I forced her to be in the relationship. She also claimed that I forced her to be happy about a baby she didn't want. Told them I was difficult to get along with and that I pretended in front of the camera. I was so broken from the way she was treating me, that I went into postpartum depression. Well, she's a thing of my past and there's no future in that.

My new future starts with me running for Governor. I wanna see how far I can move up in my career. My mom and best friend want me to also focus on dating but I think for the time being I'm done with dating. I just wanna take care of my little man and move up in the political career. Those are the only two things I have time for right now anyway.

My plane finally landed at LAX and I grabbed all my belongings then exited the plane. I couldn't believe that it has been four days since I've seen my little man. I was so ready to get home. I walked to the parking garage and got in my car that's been sitting here for four days. I know my baby boy is gonna be so happy when I walk in the door. I walked in the door and it was super quiet.

"Hello?!" I yelled but got no response.

I walked throughout the house to find that nobody was here. I wanted to cry cause for four day all I've been thinking about is my baby boy. I know he's out somewhere with Ashley. As I was pulling out my phone the front door opened.

"Stop crying little man I know you want your mommy. She will be home soon." Ashley said trying to sooth him.

"Soon is right now." I said with the biggest smile on my face.

My little man heard my voice and his eyes widen. He started wiggling to get out of Ashley's arms. She let him down and he ran full force to me.

"Mommy!" He yelled in his cute little voice.

"I missed you so much!" I picked him up squeezing him and kissing him.

"Too Mommy!" He said while laughing and wiggling in my arms.

"Thank God you are back. He was working my nerves with how much he asks for you." Ashley said while walking to the kitchen.

"Don't do my baby like that. He loves his Mommy." I said looking at my baby boy playing with his cars.

"Whatever. So since you are home we going out this weekend right?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes because I'm not trying to date at all.

"No I'm gonna chill with my baby." She looked at me like she was gonna take my head off.

"No the hell you are not you're gonna get your ass dress tomorrow at 9pm and bring your ass on like you promised." Fuck I forgot all about that promise. I knew my ass should've never made it.

"Fine! This will be the only time I'm going so don't get comfortable." I walked off so she couldn't say anything else to me.

*Next Day*

    I got up at about 6:30am to get my day started. First, I needed to get all of Jay's stuff out and get his water ready to take a bath. He's going with my mother for the day. Apparently Ashley has had him a was being selfish with him. When I asked her was it true she had the nerve to say, "Absolutely." I just looked at her and walked off shaking my head.

    Grabbing Jay out of bed always has a struggle that follows. He started whining and throwing a tantrum. He cried through his whole bath. He'll fall right back to sleep after I put his clothes on. Once he was ready I got myself ready, grabbed his bag and headed out the door.

     When I got to my mother's house there was a lot of cars in the driveway. I didn't want to see any of my family or her friends. I opened the door and it was people everywhere. My little man was excited and ready to get down. I maybe was holding him a little close.

"Down Mommy." He whined as he was wiggling in my arms.

"Onika let that boy down and stop using him as a security blanket." Said the voice of my one and only mother.

"Ok bubba but be careful." I said as I let him down. As soon as his feet hit the floor he took off like the speed of light. I just fixated my eyes on him so I wouldn't have to look at my mother. That was short lived when she altered my line of sight by standing in front of me.

"Don't try to ignore me Onika." Her eyes was shooting daggers at me. I know you're wondering why I am avoiding her. She hates my political career so every chance she gets she has something to say about it.

"I'm not ignoring you mother. I was just about to leave just wanted to make sure Jay was alright." I said the nicest way possible.

"Save that bullshit for somebody else. How long are you home this time?" She inquired very sarcastically.

"A month actually and if everything goes as planned I'll be home for two months." I said still not looking at her.

"Well that's good I guess. Why aren't you looking at me when I'm talking to you child?" She asked sternly.

"Look mama I know you hate my career and I really don't wanna hear it. This is my life and this is what I choose to do. Can you just support me like a mother should instead of bashing me for following my dreams?" I said tearing up towards the end.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to bash you. I'm just scared for you. I hate how the world treat politicians and I don't want my baby in that crossfire." She said grabbing my hands. "But if it's support you want you will get."

"Thank you mama." I said hugging her wholeheartedly. This is what I've been waiting for, her blessing. It might seem small to you but it's the biggest thing to me. "Well let me go meet Ashley at the mall."

"Ok tell her she better come and see me."

"I will. Love you mama. Give my baby boy a kiss for me." I said turning to walk out the door.

"Love you too baby and I will." I heard in the distance.

    I hopped in my car and headed to the mall. I love to go shopping but I don't want to go to the club tonight. Clubbing is really not my scene. When I arrived at the mall I saw Ashley out front. She look like she is pissed off with the world.

"Bitch what took you so long?" She asked clearly pissed.

"Carol is what took me so long and you better go see her before she hunts you down." I said. "What the hell is wrong with you cause you look pissed?"

"Macy is what's wrong with me right now."

"Y'all two kill me nerves. What she do now?" I asked chuckling a little.

"She has the nerve to sign us up for a fertility appointment without consulting me first."

"Aww she wants a baby." I said clearly missing why she's upset. She's been wanting a baby for the past 4 years.

"Aww my ass. She could've asked me first." She said dismissively.

"Why the fuck are you upset you're the one who wanted a baby?" I said now getting irritated.

"I'm pissed cause she didn't ask me first she just took it upon herself to do it." She said in a duh tone. I looked at her like she was stupid and slapped her upside the head.

"Shut the fuck up with all that bullshit. The answer is you have no valid reason. You better take your ass to the appointment and be happy you're taking the steps to have your baby." I said while we are walking through the door. As I was coming through the door, Some person and I bumped into each other.

"Damn watch where you're going!" I said.

"I could say the same to you!" She said bending down to grab her book bag.

"You ran into me! Why are you running, in the mall, in the first place? Are you stealing?" I inquired clearly pissed all the way off.

"First off who are you to question me?! Secondly, if you must know I am late for a meeting and talking to your ass is making it worst. Now excuse you and have a nice day!" She said walking off without me being able to say another word.

"Oh girl that was intense and she fine as fuck, looking all daddyish." Ashley chuckled as we continue to walking in.

"I don't give a damn what she looks like. If I see her again I'm gonna curse her ass out. Rude ass people. Let's go so we can get this day over with." I said walking to my first store. I'm over this whole day.

(A/N: Hey y'all I'm back with something different. What do you think should I keep going or stop? If you read my E&C books most of them are coming to an end so this is something fresh. Let me know what you think. Don't forget to Vote Vote Vote and Comment Plz.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 2.8K 19
Onika and Beyoncé have been going to the same high school for 3 years and are just finally noticing each other. Dealing with her little sister, Beyon...
173K 9K 29
Billionaire Beyoncé Knowles always gets what she wants and shes wanted Onika Maraj, her best friends sister, for far too long. Being forbidden and un...
63.4K 2.6K 29
They have been Bestfriend since they were kids and Beyoncé has been in love with onika for most of there friendships do you think it will pass them j...
118K 3.8K 11
Retiring from the NFL was the right decision, and at thirty years old, I've done things most people could only dream of. After all I've accomplished...