JAKE'S PUNISHMENT

By RileyJones622

What happens when a grieving family decide to take the law into their own hands and impose their own punishme... More

Chapter 1 - THE ACCIDENT
Chapter 2 - THE SENTENCING
Chapter 3 - GETTING ON WITH IT
Chapter 4 - WAKING UP IN HELL
Chapter 5 - THINKING
Chapter 6 - ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT
Chapter 7 - SIR
Chapter 8 - BOREDOM
Chapter 9 - MEET THE FAMILY
Chapter 10 - GUILTY OF MURDER
Chapter 11 - LIFE SENTENCE
Chapter 12 - BOOKS
Chapter 13 - THE PHONE CALL
Chapter 14 - HAIR
Chapter 15 - THE BITCH
Chapter 16 - PART TIME GUARDS
Chapter 17 - HOLIDAY
Chapter 18 - SUMMERHOUSE
Chapter 19 - HUNGRY AND THIRSTY
Chapter 20 - FIGHT
Chapter 21 - SWEET DREAMS
Chapter 22 - DANNY
Chapter 23 - THE GIRLFRIEND
Chapter 24 - HOLDING A GRUDGE
Chapter 25 - CHLOE
Chapter 26 - BACK FROM THE HOLIDAY
Chapter 27 - JAKE'S PARENTS
Chapter 28 - DONALD
Chapter 29 - LORRAINE
Chapter 30 - THE VISITORS
Chapter 31 - ALEX
Chapter 32 - PREGNANT
Chapter 33 - DARREN
Chapter 34 - GROUNDED FOR 10 YEARS
Chapter 35- BIRTHDAY
Chapter 36 - AMPUTATION
Chapter 37 - ARGUMENT
Chapter 38 - AN HOUR OF FREEDOM
Chapter 39 - THE LEATHER STRAP
Chapter 40 - 5000 LINES
Chapter 41 - SOLDIER
Chapter 42 - FACING THE WALL
Chapter 43 - SNOW
Chapter 44 - BETRAYAL
Chapter 45 -JAKE AND CHLOE
Chapter 46 - ESCAPE
Chapter 48 - THE CHASE
Chapter 49 - CRASH
Chapter 50 - DOUBLE MURDER
Chapter 51 - LAWFUL CUSTODY
Chapter 52 - CELL INSPECTION
Chapter 53- HOT AND COLD
Chapter 54 - PRISON VISIT
Chapter 55 - TWO LIFE SENTENCES
Chapter 56 - CONCLUSION

Chapter 47 - THE WOODS

832 19 0
By RileyJones622

''I don't like it here'' Jake said to Chloe after what felt like hours but was in fact only 20 minutes of sitting at the deserted train station, time really did slow down to a crawl when you weren't having fun ''we need to move, we need to be somewhere safe and we are not safe here''

''What else can we do?'' Chloe asked him ''it's the middle of the night and there isn't a train for another 4 hours. I don't like it here either but what else can we do but wait?'' Jake thought about it for a moment and had an idea ''Did you bring your phone with you?'' he asked Chloe ''Yes of course'' She replied ''I could never leave my phone behind. Why?''

''I want to call my parents and ask them to come and get us. I need to tell them I'm ok and I need to see them anyway and they can help us'' Chloe looked fretful ''Are you sure this is a good idea? How will you explain where you've been all these months, why you have had a hand amputated, and who I am? The thing is Jake as much as I hate what my family did I don't really want them to get into trouble for it''

''I understand and I won't tell them the truth I promise, we can make something up it will be ok''
''But we can't stay with them anyway, my family can find you again as they did before''

'I know but I need to see them tonight to tell them I'm ok and they can help our getaway. I'll tell them I'm in trouble and need to get abroad and they will help us and my passport is still at home I need to get it. Give me your phone and I will ring them and ask them to come and get us, it will be better than sitting here until 5 am waiting for a train trust me'' Chloe decided that Jake was right, this was the best idea and Jake needed his passport anyway. She gave him her phone and he called his parent's number. His mother answered the phone and he detected the same surprise and delight in her voice that had been there the first time he had called her from Donald's study

''Oh Jake thank god you called me'' She said ''your father and I have been worried sick since that last phone call, that was so weird, did you really join a monastery Jake? to be honest we struggled to believe that''

''Listen, mum, I can't talk now, I need you to wake Dad up and I need you to come and get me ok? We'll talk later but please just come as quickly as you can'' Jake told his mother the name of the train station he was waiting at and she promised that she would wake his father up and come at once but the drive would take at least an hour to get to that location. The call ended and Jake and Chloe sat in the dark and silence waiting and wishing time could go faster just now

Danny arrived back at the house and was shocked to walk in and find Donald, Lorraine, Alex, and Mandy all sitting around in the kitchen looking angry. He knew right away that they must have realized that Jake and Chloe were gone ''After I heard you leave in your car I came down to get a drink and noticed that the door to the basement was unlocked'' Alex told him. ''Yes, and we know that Chloe is not in her room and all her stuff is gone'' Lorraine said ''so we figured out the two of them have gone and you drove them off somewhere''

''What I want to know is why they have left together?'' Donald said and the others all stared at him as if he was a moron ''well clearly the pair of them are on together aren't they'' Alex said ''it's pretty obvious''

''If that's true then I am disgusted with Chloe'' Donald said clearly outraged ''she betrayed us all and she should be punished for it''

''We need to go and catch them both if we can'' Alex said and then glared at Danny ''so tell us where you took them and we'll go and see if we can catch them before it's too late''

''Yes tell us where they are, they can't have got far this time of the night'' Lorraine said

''Look can't you just let them go?'' Danny said ''just let Jake be free and let them be together''
''I want that killer back here now and I want Chloe back'' Lorraine replied ''tell us where you took them at once, I demand you tell us''

''I am not going to tell you, I want them to be free so just let it be, I will not tell you''

Alex startled Danny by showing him the gun ''tell us or I'll shoot you'' he told him. Danny noticed that none of the others were shocked or upset by this, not even his own mother ''Are you really going to let him threaten to kill me like this?'' he asked his parents, the hurt and shock all too evident in his voice. ''Yes we are'' Donald told him coldly ''you've disobeyed us, betrayed us all and now you have a choice to either tell us where they are or face death''

Danny could hardly believe it, this was a new low, even for his awful family ''This is outrageous'' he said

''What is outrageous is how you can let us all down like this'' Lorraine told him ''And anyway, Alex told us that you threatened to shoot him and Mandy earlier so you can hardly judge us when you were making the same threats yourself'' Danny was really finding it hard to control his anger now ''Yeah well do you know that Alex and Mandy are together now? He stole her from me and I was hurt so yeah I wanted to kill them because they hurt me so much''

''Yes we know and we don't care, now tell us where you took them or be dead!''

Danny really wanted Jake and Chloe to get away and he hated himself for doing this to them but when you've got a gun in your face and someone as crazy as Alex holding it you have to admit defeat and Danny did just that. He told them which train station he had left Jake and Chloe at and that they were waiting for a train. Not wanting to waste any time, Donald, Lorraine, Alex, and Mandy took off in the car to go and catch them and took the gun with them, But before they went they confiscated Danny's phone and locked him in the basement to prevent him from using his phone to warn Chloe. ''We'll deal with you when we get back'' Alex had told Danny ominously while they were locking him up.

The four of them tore off in the car and were grateful that the roads were so quiet in the early hours.

At the train station, Jake and Chloe waited anxiously for Jake's parents ''I know they will be here soon'' Jake said '' I know they will have left right away and are trying to get here as fast as they can, they want to see me very much I know so they will not want to delay it''

''I know, I just wish they were here, I hate it here''

''I hate it here too'' Jake hugged Chloe while they sat there ''What story will we make up for them about where you've been and why you lost your hand?'' Chloe asked ''I don't know, I'm still trying to think what to say. I will come up with something don't worry, I know you want to protect your family and we will''

Chloe smiled and looked excited ''once we get your passport we have to decide where to go, we should go to the States I think''

''Yeah, or Australia maybe. Hey, you did remember to bring your passport didn't you? because what will we do if you didn't'' Chloe nodded her head ''yes don't worry I packed it, Jake, I had it in mind that we might go abroad so I wasn't going to be silly enough to leave it behind'' Jake was relieved. He was excited now too, he was free again and he and Chloe were together. They just needed to get away to somewhere safe and they would be fine, he was sure of that.

After a little more time they noticed a car coming towards them ''Maybe that's my parents now'' Jake said with excitement. They got up and approached the car, but Chloe was smart enough to look at the number plate and knew it was her dad's car. As Jake was walking on ahead towards the car, Chloe stopped him and started to pull him away in the opposite direction ''Jake we need to run now'' She said ''it's my dad's car''

Jake felt the panic flood through his body ''oh fuck are you sure?'' Chloe nodded her head and they both started to run as fast as they could. The car had slowed down ready to pull over but as soon as they started to run the car speeded up again to chase them. Alex wound down a window and pointed the gun at them ''STOP NOW I'VE GOT A GUN, STOP RUNNING NOW'' He demanded. But Jake and Chloe knew that the woods were just around the corner and they ran as fast as they could and disappeared into the trees and the darkness ''SHIT'' Alex cried as Donald stopped the car and they got out. The four of them looked at the mass of trees and darkness in front of them ''What the hell do we do now?'' Alex said ''How can we find them in there?''

''We have to just go and look for them'' Donald said ''I know these woods and they go on for miles, they won't find their way out quickly so all they can do is run and try to hide and we can find them, come on'' They ran into the woods

Jake and Chloe ran through the woods. It was dark and they couldn't see where they were going. It was creepy and scary. They knew the others would follow them in and all they could do was keep running and hope the others wouldn't catch them. The darkness was scary and made it hard to see where they were going but it was also a great cover. Daylight would have exposed them more and darkness hid them better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 6 35
The story is about a boy whose family was ruined by a certain someone . His dad was falsely accused for the case which he never committed . The boy...
107K 3.3K 27
January seventh. Seven days since the start of 2015, and seven days since his father's death. The bastard, he thinks bitterly. The past year Derek Ha...
63.9K 1.1K 25
Blake May is a 19 year old girl who is abused by her father. She was in a gang until it was killed. Her mother died in an accident when she was 8. Sh...
107 1 8
"You're the enemy, so why am I so drawn to you..." "When will you grow up and realise fairytales don't exist, we don't get a happy ending Kyl...