The Theft (taekook)

By bubblewrap1009

Jeon Jungkook, the most sly thief of the town, isn't conscious about his ugly half burnt face anymore just ac... More

Prologue
1. A day in Arauna
2. Slight change in plan?
3. A word.
4. Embrace you in every form
5. Where is it?
6. Shall I apologize?
7. Help me with the word?
8. I bloom just for you
9. One thing I do like a royal
10. You should see me in a crown
11. Obsession never led to pretty
12. Rid me of the purity
13. Truth hurts, lies heal (M)
14. The Prince talks today
15. The Aftermath
16. I'm a heathen
17. The crestfallen queen
18. Kingdom of traps
19. Fire on fire (M)
20. Rewrite the stars
21. The art of manipulation
22. Slight change of plans II
23. The beginning of an end
24. Heat the pins, stab them in.
25. Lost boy from Neverland
26. You and I collide
27. A withering petal
28. As long as possible (M)
29. In the father's name
30. Slight change in plans III
31. Seven
32. Last word
33. The unheld hand
34. Through the glass door
New storyyyyy

35. The Theft

9.5K 634 908
By bubblewrap1009

Taehyung's POV-

I sprint with all my might once the white wooden door of my cottage comes into view. The puddles that my boots smack against raise to besom their kind stains on the inseam of my, well Jungkook's, new trousers.

The thick cardboard cover of the journal that I hold on top of my head has gone a little irrigous and pudgy from all the mudge of the pouring showers. The content it holds is the paramount of all the backbreaking drudgery that me, Bogum and Yomsu have put in on our researches for months now.

Considering the imperative outcomes that will thunderclap my head if the water seeps into the covers and manages to smudge the ink, I should be holding it against my chest under my, well Jungkook's, overcoat instead of using it as a shield against getting myself wet. However I couldn't care less at the moment.

I wouldn't condemn if I have to stay up all night and rewrite everything. Or if I get a nice castigating from Bogum for my heedlessness. I just don't wish the rain to drench me. More so, I would dispise if it even touches me today.

I have a major wrangle with the weather today. I have a hunch that it is mocking me. Something tells me that this a reprehensive way of the sky trying to impersonate my sullen mood and then laugh at me with this counterfeit pour that dirties my pants and shoes.

Reaching the door I hastily unlock it after hooking the collar of my, well jungkook's, overcoat over my head to avoid this apish weather to seep into my hair that I had tied back in a bun today. It is not a duck soup to rewash and dry these thick and long locks.

As I step inside, mudding our door mat and cursing internally at that, my eyes wander and fixate at the few letters that have been slid beneath the door. I take off my shoes and put them aside while reminding myself about asking Jungkook to build a letter box outside as I pick up one of the letters that is now soaked and unreadable accept the address that said Residence of Jeon Jungkook and Kim Kai.

Kim Kai, my new identity. I'm immensely fond of the name, not because Jungkook named me. Alright, you got me, a lot because Jungkook named it, yet also because he reasoned that it was short and adorable just like I am. So me, a 23 year old, still gushes about the name and the compliment etched with it.

One letter that I would have killed myself if it were ravaged, but thankfully was not, was the one from Yerin. I quickly tear the flap open, keeping aside the actual letter from Yerin and unfolding the small one that was enclosed within it.

It was always this way. A letter from Anaya or hyung-nim enclosed within the letters from the others just to keep our interactions discreet. It was two years ago that Yerin sternly warned of cutting all her connections with us if we do not permit her to let Anaya in on the secret of me being alive.

It was something about her relating to pain of a sister and I admit that with every breath that I never resented permitting her. Anaya and Yerin's blossoming friendship always reminds me of Joonie hyung and me.

Alright, I better not start swimming in nostalgia considering I have been on the verge of tears since the past three days. Anyways the letter..

Dear brother,
All of us here at Arauna are good in spirits and I hope that you both are too.
I wished to inform you that I have abided by your advice and finally agreed to accept brother's decision of marrying me to the king of Darata. I trust your word on him being a good man. You were right. I cannot keep moping around all my life about my failure to confess to general Hoseok and him marrying a woman of his parent's choice. Life goes on.
A word came around from Trisha unnie that mother is now raising funds to help the flood victims in Glandit. I wish it is a rendezvous of well intentions and not with an ulterior motive.
I shall be highly obliged if you write to brother and insist him on finding a girl for himself.
Yours lovingly,
Ana.

My soaked pants had by now inundated the couch covers and a squeaky sound was made whenever I squirmed. Taking this as a cue for me to change into more comfortable clothes (of Jungkook) I decided to get up but random click-clacking by the window magnetized my attention instantly.

"Oh good! Hailstorm!" My eyes roll involuntarily. "Why don't you just point a finger at me and laugh?" I scream sarcasticly at the weather.

Just then through the window I saw a pointy lightening with a roaring thunder. I roll my eyes again as if the skies replying to me didn't just scare the wits out of me.

I was about to put back Yerin's letter into the unsealed envelope for Kook to read whenever he returns, because I shall never poke into the privacy of two siblings, the addressal grabs my earnestness.

Dear Tae-tae,

Yes, you read it right. So if this is brother, be a gentleman and give the letter to Tae-tae.

Hello, Tae! How are you?

Let me first get over with this- 'Joon misses you'. He keeps pestering me to write about him first. He is so irksome sometimes.

Sir Jin visited Arauna first time in two years ever since we got married. I still can't help but wonder why he accepted Darata's offer and left us. Don't tell Joon, but I think may he was afterall a little infatuated with me too and couldn't bear the thought of me marrying Joon even though he practically rejected me twice.

I could be very wrong but I like the way it tingles to fan this fasified assumption.

Anyways, I'm deviating from the issue at hand. The reason it was you I wished read this letter is because I have a news to break to you.

I don't suppose there is a covetted way of saying this. Me and Joon are on family way. Yes, I'm expecting and we could never be more ecstatic. This is also the reason why Sir Jin visited us.

Now I'll have you know that you have to inform brother very very carefully. He has no control over himself when it comes to kids. He was devastated when Jade was left fatherless to an extent that he even offered to marry Trisha dispite having no fascination with her.

He will jump up to visit me and we know that he must not. I promise, Joon and I will visit as soon as Anaya's engagement is dealt with. You handle him till then.

Attached ahead is the recipe you asked me for. Take care.

With all the love,
Yerin and Namjoon.

My sister is getting married and Kook's sister is pregnant. Everything that everyone particularly looks forward to. Getting married, having a child, raising him, watching him grow and reach milestones, growing old.

I'm happy for them. So much so that my heart swells with pride and salutations. Every nerve in my body wishes to bless them with obeisance, if I had the power to. However no matter how much I wish to convince myself otherwise, I know that is not the reason why my eyes are welling up.

Kook and I have nothing. Nothing except the 'growing old'. And when you have no other milestone to look forward to, why must you be even infinitesimally elated about turning senile?

While I may have only benefited in every which way, I can't help but think how this entire ordeal has been nothing but a lost cause for him.

I start to sink into the couch sideways, laying curled up to bring my drenched cold legs up to the warmth of my dry chest.

My bun has unwhirled itself and now my hair is sprawled beneath my face where drop by drop the vexatious tears flow down and absorb diligently into the black locks. So much for not getting the hair wet.

There is self-loath and a realization of the forlorn debilitation that burns like a pool of venom in my stomach and being deprived of Jungkook's warmth for the last three days does not help either.

***

I squirm and straighten myself. A persistent hammer of sleep still pounding above my eyelids ordering me to keep them shut.
My forehead furrows itself at the light infiltrating the permeable lids like sharp knives stabbing at my covered pupils ordering me to open them.

However the most familiar soothing soft carresses against my cheeks is what makes me sleepily extend a hand, fist whichever piece of fabric I get hold on and pull at it with a jerk.

Perhaps unexpectant, there is a loud yelp followed by a heavy weight on top of me. I smile with my eyes closed as the weight readjusts, squeezing beside me on the narrow couch. I lay my head on the firm warm pillow.

"Thank goodness you are back." I mumbled with a peculiar husk in my voice, virtue of it being the first activity of my vocal chords after hours of sleep and well, hours of weeping. Kook doesn't need to know the latter.

"I am. Happy anniversary, petal. I have brought the best present for you."

Right. Fours years ago today, me and Kook conveniently almost took each other's life in the Combat. Four years ago today, we wrote our destiny by our own hands refusing to succumb to fate.

If only we did, life would have been so much better for Jungko-
Okay, stop thinking that.

"Petal?"

"Yeah. Happy anniversary to you too." I started to lean in to distract him from noticing because we still can read each other like the back of our hands, infact, we have now proclaim we are experts at it.

And this proves itself true when there is a finger on my lips pushing my away and I open my eyes to see my lover first time in three days with an expression I never wish to adorn him.

Worry.

"What's wrong baby? And why are you on the couch in my clothes."

"Nothing. I feel a little icky because I fell asleep here with my, your pants, that I wore because I was missing you to death, were soaked from the rain. Anyways how was work?"

"It was alright."

"Love?" I softly spoke finally opening my eyes to gather the serene coolness on the face that I have craved for three days too long. He hummed in response.

"You love kids don't you?"

"Is this about me being a swords trainer again? I told you Tae I don't-"

"No, I mean don't you wish to have a real life with a real wife and not someone who you have to showcase as a 'friend' to the world?"

Jungkook studied me for a while as if waiting for me to say that I was joking, and got up abruptly causing my head (that was on his chest) to land unceremoniously on the couch.

I followed him when he got up and sauntered towards the kitchen.
"Why are you getting angry with me, Kook? I'm only asking." I defend my inquisitons firmly.

"Do you wish that, Tae?" Jungkook turns around and says softly. A chill that runs down my body and urges me to not offend him further.

We have practically never been a couple who argues, somehow falling into a twinning rhythm without much strive and it is fairly satisfying to keep it that way.

"I have never in the slightest sense felt infatuated to women, I thank heavens I escaped the compulsion of marrying one. You, on the other hand, have had countless endeavors with them before me."

"What are you implying, Tae?" He sighed again now clenching his jaw and fists to control a bubbling anger. I don't wish to know how he shall retort to me with this sentiment.

"Why are you with me?"

"What?" he spits out like I asked the most ridiculous question. Perhaps I did.

"It makes no sense to me. Years later and I still don't have a thing to gratify you back with for everything you did for me. No children. No marriage. Just a burdening relationship with nothing to look forward to!" I didn't realize my throat was throwing a voice so loud by the end of the sentence.

"What the fuck has gotten into you!"

"Mind your language, Kook!"

"No! You mind your tongue! How dare you question all these years of loving just because you don't think I must be happy? Tell me, have I been deficient in loving you?"

"No! I know you love me! That is not my question!"

"THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR QUESTION!"

"STOP CURSING!"

"Speak." Jungkook defeatedly muttered pushing his tongue inside the pocket of his cheek. A gesture I haven't witnessed since we moved to Brena. I gulp and my senses warn me to back down. I don't. I don't know why I don't.

"You have always wished to be a father! You went to an extent of offering a marriage to Trisha just so you could call Jade your son and now all these years with me and not once have you minutely mentioned about a deprivation of family that I drove you so far from?"

"Wow! Applauses for the second prince, everyone!" he started clapping his hands slowly. "I offered it so that Jade could have a father. Not so I could have a son. And you know what, yes I wish for a family! Yes I wish to raise a little life in my arms! Yes I gave that up! However not once have I regretted that to the slightest, YOU FOOL!!"

Somewhere amidst his yelling a thought knocked at the door of my imagination. I wish it hadn't.

"Is there someone else?"

"I beg your pardon?" his eyes blew wide as saucers as he stated in disbelief.

"Where were you these three days? Was it really work?"

"No it wasn't work, I was-"

"There we go!"

He grit his teeth so hard that I swear I heard them abrading against each other. I don't suppose I have ever seen him this ridiculed. "Are you implying that I'm involved with someone-"

"You have always been a swindler, haven't you?" I bit my tongue a little too late. oh no I shouldn't have said that.

His lips fell ajar for a moment before they sealed themselves to gulp. I'm certain I saw them glimmering before he casted his head low. However when it raised, it was gone.

If he wasn't angered before he sure was now.
"You are stupid!" he spat

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me! You are stupid!"

"I'm not-"

"You are so so so fucking stupid! Oh my! You are so stupid!" he chanted as he walked towards the door with fists still clenched.

"Where are you going?" I spoke as I rushed to follow him. But froze when I heard his retort.

"Away from you."

*****

I wish there was a device with which you could have your letters reach a person within minutes even if you have no idea what location he is at in the moment.

I ruminated down at the so called anniversary present I picked up on my way back from the unsuccessful hunt of my lover who went 'away from me'.

As soon as door came into view I rushed noticing that it was unlocked, signifying Jungkook was back. I keep the box down beside where I take off my shoes and make a beeline towards the bedroom, where a slight commotion was coming from.

I stand by the door of our room as I see my heart crush into tiny pieces of glass and then let those pieces pierce every inch of skin as my watery eyes watch Jungkook fold his clothes, packing a bag.

After the futile interlude of standing by the door I slowly start to approach him. There was a stiffening indicating him knowing that I'm here, but that was all. He continued to fold his clothes and I continued to walk to him till I stand beside him.

I drop to my knees and grip his ankle as gently as I could, seeing him freeze in the process. "I beg for your forgiveness. You were right, you always are. I'm the stupid most human born on the face of earth."

I look up at him as he bends down to lift me up and make me sit on the bed beside the bag he was packing. I peek inside and see a few clothes.
"You know I love you and you love me. Don't leave me. I beg you, Jungkook. Don't leave me."

He squated down between my legs placing his hands on my knees, eyes still residing a hint of agony in them. "I was unpacking. This is the bag I carried with me when I visited my wife and children for three days."

My eyes screw shut in shame. What was I even thinking. Oh right.. I wasn't.

"Allow me to earn your forgiveness. Let me show how absolutely remorseful I am." Jungkook rose a brow in curiosity. The anguish was less now, however he was still very serious.

"And how do you presume you shall do that?"

I bite my lips looking around. I have no clue how I'm going to let him know I'm sorry. Maybe if..
"W-would you like to make love?" I think I angered him again.

"Is that how you think couples resolve arguments?"

"How am I supposed to know? We never argue."

"Exactly. Why do you think that is?"

"Because we are compatible." I say as his eyes soften to the way they always are when he looks at me. I sigh.
"Yerin is expecting." I say with a mumble.

"Wha-what!"

"Yes. And I'm aware that now you wish to run to your sister and embrace her till the day sets out. But you cannot. You know why? Because you chose me!" I speak drinking away the pain that every word jabs into my gut.

"Is that what this is about? Tae! I was right, you are oh so stupid." he sighs leaning his head on my knee.

"Yeah I think we've established that. Why don't you ink it on the walls?" I grumble from the lips that had protruded themselves into a pout, intensifying when his shoulders start to shake. "Stop laughing!"

He got up and sat on the bed pulling me into his lap. I adjust myself on his thighs, leaning my side to his chest and placing my head on the juncture of his neck and shoulder.

"Petal, I know we aren't living how 'normals' do. But tell me this, when have we ever? You, a prince who has no clue how to be one. Me, a thief with burnt face, with an intention to rob you."

I shook my head at the reminiscence of that blur. It feels like it was ages ago. "Don't say that about your face please. You can be as flawed as you wish, I would still love you the same."

"Exactly. Why do you think I would risk that for something normal. Moreover I didn't choose you. We chose each other. Do you feel remorseful about that?"

"Absolutely not!" I say without a second thought. Why must there be a second thought when I'm here, wrapped in the arms of my dwelling place?

"And everyone talks about the lovers who die for each other. Who besides us has been to kill each other for love?"

I laugh heartily, sighing contented thereafter. God, I love this man.

"The major hovel with your mentality is inferiority, Tae. If we were to somehow have a child, you would be a father and I would be a father. Whatever makes you think it is you who fails to give me a child."

He continues peppering small kisses down my face and neck. "We both lack that. And it is okay. Nothing about us is normal. I don't think I'm very fond of normal." he bites my earlobe.

I retract my face and take his in my hands colliding my lips softly with his. It has been the longest we have remained without kissing, and that too I begin with an altercation, that too on the anniversary!

"Why don't you give me the anniversary present of yours, with fewer clothes, perhaps none?" I say smiling against his lips.

"Oh yes!" he yells, making me flinch and got up all pumped.

"Wait, no. How about I give you mine first. I don't wish for you to steal my thunder if yours turns out to be better than mine." I say moving towards the door.

"Can it surpass this?" he waved the back of his hand with the ring I gifted him previous anniversary.

"We'll see." is all I say when I re-entre the room with the box in my hand.

He snatches away the box in one swift motion as next I hear him gasping with mouth fell open. Exactly the reaction I foresaw.

He scoops out the little white bundle of joy from it's tummy, that flails his tiny legs in air simulating a wild run. His bum wiggles dew to the aggressive whiper of it's tail to and fro, licking Jungkook's nose when he brings him close to his face.

"Look! He has your eyes!" Jungkook says to me in a baby-voice.

"Name him." I instruct. "Something short and adorable just like father number two."

"Hmm.. Alright. Welcome home, Senpai."

I gasp and jump up on him, in the right time as he let's the little one go. Circling my arms around his neck and landed violent pecks on his lips.
"Oh I will make it upto you so good tonight. And I don't mind doing it again like we did the morning you left."

"You mean bent over the table without taking most of our clothes off?"

"No silly." I laugh blushing, then tantalizingly whisper in his ear "Without the oil."

All these years of love making and that growl he lets out still makes my knees buckle in submission.

"Before I lose myself and take you right here, can I give you my present?"

"Ooh yes. It better surpass this." I wave my ring on his face.

I wait with my eyes closed, seated on the bed like he asked me to, as he fleets out of the room with a zest unfamiliar. The one that used to showcase on his face whenever he culminated a robbery back in his thief days.

My leg bounced up and down in anticipation, especially when I hear him returning back, a jog like rhythm in the sounds of his footsteps.

I know he was seated somewhere in front of me and a nerve wrecking apprehension engulfs me when he asks me to open my eyes.

Then I did.

Every combination of phonetics that I had learnt over the course of my life flunked me when I gaze him seated on one knee holding up his present.

"The reason I was gone for three days." he says grinning properly his signature grin.

I lean forward featherly grazing a nimble finger on the crevices, cusps and fissures of the blinding ornament.

Mama's crown.

My crown.

He rested himself on both his kness and placed it on my head, smiling. "What a piece of art."

Too dazed to form coherent sentences, I blabber some more. "Kook.. How- When- What i-is this?"

He smiled again and pecked my lips. "You know how I don't like leaving tasks incomplete. So this, my petal, is..

The Theft.

================================

Aaaand it's a wrap!

Thank you for sparing your time on this.

I hope you had fun reading it just as much as I did writing it.

Quick question, who was your favorite character besides Taekook in this book?

Ooh btw I forgot to mention, every plot twist that the story had, the title had a little hint of it.

Scroll to the next chapter to see the next thing I'll be writing. (totally optional.)

I love you all sooo sooo muchhhh ❤❤❤❤❤

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 6K 37
Completed Jungkook never craved for anyone like he craved for Kim Taehyung even after knowing that he cannot have him. Tae is the sweetest amoung al...
413K 27K 53
"You are, Jeon Jeongguk, the pirate who have been in wars against many kingdoms , telling us that you have fallen for our son, and asking us for perm...
3.6K 246 9
"we all wears scar, find someone who makes your feel beautiful" and jungkook did, he found the one who never judge him, hate him for his scars. Inst...
18.3K 580 42
Due to his innocence and nativeness Jeon Jungkook lose his life for a person whom he love more than anyone can and that person was none other than Ki...