StaR-CrosseD🔱 {Book 1}

By K1nging

-COMPLETED- As if being the Sheriff's son wasn't stressful enough, he had to go fall, and get knocked up by L... More

Characters/Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Season 2
Part One: Tension
Part Two: Confrontation
Part Three: Repercussion
Part Four: bebé
Part Five: Spiral
Part Six: el deseo intenso
Part Seven: Healing
Part Eight: R's
Part Nine: Swerve
Part Ten: Want You
Part Eleven: Hoes
Part Twelve: Closure
Part Thirteen: Closure II
Part Fourteen: Te quiero
Part Fifteen: Mío
Part Sixteen: Coffee
Part Seventeen: Picnic
Part Eighteen: Hurdle
Part Nineteen: Party
Part Twenty: Party II
Part TwentyOne: Movie Day
Part TwentyTwo: Movie Night
Part TwentyThree: R&R Fin
Part TwentyFour: Q
Part TwentyFive: Q [The Finale]
Epilogue
Book II Update
✍🏽
Spinoff
Christmas Special🎄

Chapter Seventeen

11.6K 595 213
By K1nging

Author's Note
The music attached has more to do with how I'm feeling about what's going on in the world right now than it has to do with the chapter. But listen anyway, if you wanna.
——————————————————————-

It's three days later and I haven't heard a word from Quincy. No call, no text, not even a smoke signal, and frankly I don't know how to feel about that.
I guess I could call him, but I really don't wanna do that, if he was going to be a dick and give me an ultimatum then he can call.

I miss him terribly though, I miss waking up next to him. Dad works all the time so he's never home, mom is still hospitalized- Sabrina and i just got back from visiting her. And Sabrina who's honestly been my source of sanity lately is only home for the weekend.

As Sabby and i sit at the breakfast room table and watched two bluebirds splash in the birdbath in the perfectly manicured backward, i can't help but think what a great day it would be to go on a picnic or spend the day at the beach with someone, that someone being Quincy preferably. But whatever.
Thank goodness I'm going back to work tomorrow because...whew!
I had just taking a sip of my hot chocolate tea when I heard a brief tap on the kitchen door, followed by a key turning in the lock. We watched as dad thrust open the door.

"Good morning," he said, striding to the table and giving me a dutiful peck on the cheek, then Sabrina.

"Hi daddy." We chorus.

"How's your mother?"

"Better. We just came from the hospital and she seemed to be on her way to full recovery." Sabrina answered excitedly, smiling at dad. I think she might be exaggerating a little bit, mom doesn't seem to be getting any better, but I'm not going to break her heart by mentioning any of that.

"Great," dad said, easing into a chair across the table from her.

"Would you like a cup of coffee? I ask.

"No I've just finished several, thanks son."

"So how long can you stay?" Sabrina asked dad.

"Since it's Sunday, hopefully all day."

Sabrina drained the rest of her tea and stood up. "I'll get dressed and we can go see mom." She said.

"I can't go, Ayanna is coming over." I chimed in distractedly as I check my phone for the gazillion time.

"Don't be in a rush, I think we should talk. We all should." Dad said. He had a somber expression on his face which peaked my curiosity.

"About what?" Sabrina asked.

"Your mother for starters." Dad said, and i released the breath I think know i was holding. I'm both surprised and relieved that he didn't launch into a tirade about Quincy.

"I'm going to put her into a special care home."

Sabrina jumped back up to her feet at that. "No daddy, please don't." She protested.

"I've made up my mind, she needs more care than we can give her. I work round the clock, Sebastian has a lot on his plate, and you should focus on your studies."

"But a nursing home though?" Sabrina wailed.
I didn't know what to say or how to feel about this latest development so I remained silent, I'm going to need more information.

"It's not a nursing home sweetheart, it's a special care unit that LV memorial just completed, and she'll have round the clock care. I've made all the arrangements." Dad said in that final tone that we're very much familiar with.

"Ugh!" Sabrina huffed and stormed off, almost slamming the door off it's hinges. Dad sighed.

I've actually heard about that unit from Ayanna and how lovely it was, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. "Alright dad, we'll try it for a while and see how it works."

"I knew you'd see it my way." Dad beamed, and i said nothing. What was there to say to that?

"I was visiting the Jones the other day, Brody was there." Dad said out of nowhere. Here we fucking go.

"And?"

"And he told me how you got that black eye, you know the one you claimed was from 'a fall'." I wonder who thought his old ass how to air quote. "He also told me how terribly upset he was about what happened between you two." He added.

"Don't tell me you've become his mouthpiece now dad." I complain tiredly, I really don't have the energy for this line of conversation.

Dad's face hardened. "Don't get smart with me young man."

"Can we not argue today please? I'm not interested in Brody, that's not going to change."

"And all because of that boy who has no respect for you or your family? Grow the hell up. He's beating you for Christ sake."

I roll my eyes. Leave it to my dad to blow this out of proportion. "No he's not, it was an accident. And the fact that you think Quincy would ever lay a finger on me is ridiculous daddy, he loves me."

"He does huh? Did he tell you that?"

"Erm...not exactly, but he does i know it. I heard it."

"You heard it. Right."

My dad's unimpressed tone suddenly sent me into a brief panic. I didn't dream that, did i? He loves me. Right?

"Look son I will not sit idly by and watch my only son throw his life away, which is exactly what you'd be doing if you do not leave that boy. Frankly I think you know that already, why else would you keep running back home every chance you get?" My dad argued, then paused dramatically. "He didn't put his hands on you again, did he?"

"Jesus dad, no."

He sighed in relief. "Regardless, I will not have you involved with someone of his caliber."

"That's not your decision to make dad. Plus we're having a baby together, how is this still an argument?"

An incredulous expression appeared on my dad's face. "Surely your thinking isn't that backward son, a baby is not reason enough to stay with anyone. Trust me I know." Dad said, his voice breaks a little at the last part.

"What does that even mean? You know how?"

"That's not important. My point is you can do way better than Quincy."

"What's wrong with Quincy?"

"What's right with him you mean?"

"Just because he doesn't wear a suit or work in an office doesn't mean he's subhuman, Jesus Christ dad!" I exclaimed.

"I never said he was. I'm sure deep down he's a good boy, but he's not for you."

I laugh humorlessly. "That's my call to make, not yours. Why do you hate him so much anyway?"

"He doesn't care about you, you must know that." My dad said instead of answering the question. At this point I'm so fucking pissed off I can't speak.

"I had the bastard investigated." My dad revealed.

"You did what?"

"You heard me, so simmer down and listen."

"Un-fucking-believable! I don't wanna hear it dad."

"Yes you do." Dad countered in a controlled, unruffled voice. "He has criminal ties the size of Colorado, several assault and battery charges that magically disappear, and I have no doubt in my mind that he's somehow connected to what happened to you."

"Oh my God daddy, since when did you become so hostile?"

"Since I'm worried about my son not only making a fool of himself, but making the biggest mistake of his life as well."

"Oh for crying out loud, you're making a bigger deal of this than it actually is."

"He's a loser Sebastian, a user."

I glare at him, he's on my last nerve and I'm done with this conversation.
"I don't care what he is, how I feel about him and what I do about it is still my call." With that I stood up and made my way to the door, this conversation was over as far as I'm concerned.

"Bet you didn't know he's been blackmailing me for years to escape his charges."

That effectively had me frozen in my tracks. Say what?
——————————————————————

A/N
I got inspired again. Reading from the beginning to the end as a viewer helped me fall in love with the characters all over again. So I'm back I guess lol.

Anyway this book is complete now, so I'm either gon post one chapter a day till it's done or two chapters a day. Shit I might just post it all and call it a day lol...if I'm not too lazy to edit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 2.4K 44
*SEQUEL TO ONE HOT SUMMER* ROMANCE **The sudden action of Jasper getting to standing, caused the bench to make a painful scraping sound against the f...
428K 19.1K 35
The story where rival gang leaders explore each other's insecurities, Where they build together to create the love story of the century. Contains Mpr...
2.1M 66.3K 25
||Highest rank #2 in lgbtpride|| ||Highest rank #3 in neko|| ||Highest rank #15 in gaylove|| ||Highest rank #24 in cute|| ||Highest rank #44 in boy||...
554K 24.2K 56
"Where is he?" "What are you talking about son? You have to calm down, you're not thinking straight." "Don't ask me to calm down! He's gone and I kno...