Renegaded Spirits

By HeretoWriteandFight

When Aang was shot down and claimed to be dead... Another had fallen and was also claimed dead, accept he was... More

The Crossroads of Destiny
The Blue Spirit
News
Free spirit
River village
Painted lady pt. 1
Painted lady pt. 2
Partners
Common
Training
Attached
Spices of home
On the run
River
Bonding
Pinkys
Untold secrets
Heritage
Relatively unhelpful
The puppet master
Red string
Meaning
A new view
Fun day
Black sun
The western airtemple
Forgiven
The boiling rock: part 1
The boiling rock: part 2
Second chances
Decisions made
Cant leave
Forgiven destiny
The sun warriors: pt.1
The sun warriors: pt. 2
Returned
Rough morning
Anniversary
The southern raiders
Monsters
Last place
The ember island players
Insisting
Offical
Only ones
Three
Battle plan
Disappeared
Camp
Allied Destiny
Painless
Passing
Coronation
No words
Epilogue

Into the Inferno

5.8K 143 48
By HeretoWriteandFight

Katara noticed Zuko inhale deeply as the sky turned red and the comet was within reach of power. He could feel the powerful energy within him, it was new, it felt strong. All fire benders must be feeling this adrenaline rush that burned within his skin.

"Zuko, don't worry," Katara intertwined her fingers with his, they sat close together, seeing he had a lot on his mind. "we can take azula,"

"I'm not worried about her, I'm worried about Aang," he told her. He wondered if he felt the power of the comet too since he was the avatar and all.

"What if he doesn't have the guys to take out Ozai," Zuko pursed his lips a little and she thought about that for a moment. "What if he loses?"

"He won't lose, he's gonna come back," Katara said quickly, she wasn't doubtful but she was worried. Their eyes met as Zuko seemed more calm than he should be, but they stuck close together knowing their lives were on the line.

The curse of the red string, so many things could happen just because of it. What would happen if...

Katara snapped her head to look forward, she couldn't think like that.

But the feeling in her gut made her uneasy.

"He has too,"

"You know I love you right?" Zuko asked after a few minutes of silence. It caught Katara by surprise a little, their hands tightened together.

"Don't say it like that," she said quietly.

"But Yea I know," Katara rested her head on his shoulder, her heart beating with anxiety as they had no idea what was to come.

I'll tell you I love you tomorrow

——

"It's weird to say that the comets actually beautiful," Suki looked behind her at the red sky as the eel hound swam quickly on the calm waters like a snake.

"Too bad the fire lords about to use it to destroy the world," Toph held onto Sokka, she felt better about being in water between the two of them.

They approached the island that the map lead them too and jumped off to get to the airships quickly before they launched off the rocky land. They climbed up the hill quietly but saw one of the airships rise from the ground in front of them then the others followed.

"We're to late! The fleets already taking off," Sokka whined a little as they faced the airship.

"Then we're taking off too, where is it?" Toph asked them.

"It's right-" Sokka was cut off with his own scream as he and Suki were taken by surprise when Toph grabbed them and used the earth to launch the three into the air. Sokka and Suki landed first and immediately caught Toph between them as she grunted at the catch.

Once they were on their feet again they went to find where they steer and control the ship.

They found the door as Sokka and Suki stood by the sides of it letting Toph go in first as she pressed her hands against the large metal door. She knocked with a rhythm then kicked the door down easily. Toph dove into the metal door then bended it around her like a full armored suit as she went after the crew members.

They tried blasting her with fire but the metal kept her from getting hurt as she ducked the next fire and kicked her foot up for the ground to slam the captain into the ceiling.

Suki and Sokka grunted when they retreated from looking in the room as a large wave of fire went through the door. The soldiers waited thinking they got the earth bender but suddenly Toph emerged from the flames.

Suki whistled a little waiting for Toph to be done as Sokka ignored the cries of pain and fear from the men inside. They both looked up when a man went flying out the door.

"That's how it's done," Toph stripped the metal off her body as the two non benders smiled impressed.

"Good work Toph, time to get control of the ship, take the wheel," Sokka walked up to her.

"That's a great idea! Let the blind girl steer the giant airship," Toph smirked sarcastically.

"I was talking to Suki..."

"That makes more sense," she agreed as Suki walked past her to grab the steering wheel.

"What are we gonna do about the rest of the crew?" Suki asked sokka.

"Take us down closer to the water, I've got an idea," Sokka told her as he stood with Toph.

The airship dipped down away from the rest of the fleet while Sokka went to find the over head speaker for the ship.

"Attention crew, this is your captain speaking, everyone please report to the bomb bay immediately for hot cakes and sweet cream, we have a very special birthday to celebrate!" Sokka made his voice deeper as Suki and Toph snickered a little at him.

As soon as they got close enough to the water letting minutes pass by so the crew could follow the ordered, Sokka pulled a lever and heard screams from below of the crew falling from the ship to the waters.

"Fire lord Ozai, here we come," Sokka looked at the leading ship he knew was the fire lords.

Suki pushed the Speed of the ship as fast as they could go but it wasn't enough.

"We're not gonna catch up to him in time!" Sokka gasped.

Soon they saw the biggest wave of fire they've ever seen spit from the fire lord ship and began burning the earth underneath, sokkas heart dropped as they began to think they already failed the world.

Suddenly three large earth blocked hit the fire lords ship causing it to rock a little bit blew out the side engine. It was going down.

And a powerful blast of fire hit it making sure it stays down.

"What just happened?" Suki breathed confused, she didn't know if she should be afraid or not.

"It's Aang! He's back!" Sokka whooped punching the air.

They watched from the distance seeing two large fire bending waves collide as one sliced the other to block it.

"Go Aang! Airbending slice!" Sokka cheered excitedly. They weren't going to fail.

"Shouldn't we be helping him?" Suki asked.

"The Fire lord is aangs fight, we need to stay focused on stopping the fleet from burning down the earth kingdom," Sokka shook his head. It was all they could do, but it was enough to save the world.

"And how do we do that captain boomerang?" Toph asked rolling her eyes a little as she stretched her arms up.

"I can't see outside of this floating hunk of metal!" She said dramatically as Sokka looked out the window, an idea popping up.

"Airship slice!"

He took hold of the wheel as he started to pull and push all the controls hoping it'll make it go faster to rise up and he threw the wheel to the side for a sharp turn as Toph and Suki stumbled a little.

The other ships began their orders and started their fire destruction as Toph stood by the window.

"That's a lot of fire isn't it?" She whispered, able to feel the heat against her face, the wind blowing her bangs back.

As Sokka kept messing with the controls the ships system started to hiss and rattle as they headed straight to the other airships ahead of them, hoping it would lock the shop in place to keep heading in that direction.

"It's gonna be a rough right! We need to get to the top of this thing fast!" Sokka grabbed tophs hand to pull her with as Suki was close behind hearing the engine go out on the side. The whole ship shook.

"Then what?" Suki asked as he let Toph go ahead and waited for her.

"Watch each other's backs and if we make it that far, I'll let you know," he pecked her lips for good luck and kept going ahead.

The ship started to hit each airship in front of them with a individual large shake of the one they were on while they climbed to the top of the ladder. As soon as Toph got to the top Suki was there and grabbed her hand to keep her in the right direction, Sokka finally joined them at the top.

They ran as Sokka took the lead while Suki handed Toph off to him to keep her safe just as part of the airship broke off when it hit as Suki was stuck on the one that was falling.

"Suki!"

She grunted as she tumbled to her feet and looked up seeing sokkas fearful face.

"I'm okay! Finish the mission!" She yelled back to him.

"No..." Sokka gulped as Toph started to pull at him.

"Sokka I think we've gotta- JUMP!" Toph cried out as Sokka saw they were about to crash into an airship. They were thrown off the remains of the first one and rolled across the one they crashed into. Sokka quickly jumped on top of Toph as he saw metal falling all around them, protecting her head under him as he held her tightly, looking around as he waited for it to be safe again.

Soon Sokka kept running as he dragged Toph behind across the top of the airship to the rudders knowing it would do damage.

"Toph metal men's the rudders so it jammed in a turning position," Sokka stopped quickly looking behind and lead her forward.

"The ship will spiral and slam into the others," he explained.

"Got it," Toph nodded and moved him out of the way before spitting in each hand to gain grip for the metal. She grunted as she clawed at the metal for it to start bending into an angle and was forced to stay in the position when she was done and slammed into more ships.

"Have I ever mentioned how sweet it is that you invented metal bending?" Sokka smiled at the success.

"You could stand to mention it more," she smiled back, proud of herself.

Sokka heard the door behind them leading to the top open and saw a fire bender, he grabbed Toph again to get moving as fire followed behind them, Sokka moved to the side and jumped to avoid getting burned. Toph screamed as well gripping his hand tightly when Sokka pulled out his space sword to impale the side of the ship to help their fall hopefully.

The ship began curving in as Sokka screamed letting go and Toph shrieked in fear when they free fell onto the end of a platform that was narrow and had no sides.

The non bender cried out in pain feeling his leg broke at the impact but his grip on the blind girl didn't faulted.

"My leg!" He grunted unable to move.

"Hang on Toph!" He yelled back as his grip tightened around her wrist, looking back at her as she dangled in the open air, Sokka was all she could hold onto.

"Aye aye captain," she called back facing up where he was.

Sweat beated down sokkas face as they were beginning to be surrounded by the soldiers, one on each side of the other platforms and more lined up at the end. Ready to strike.

Just as one was about to hit with fire Sokka threw his boomerang at his safe line and the soldier fell as he kicked up his space sword and threw it at the other soldier on his other side that sliced the metal platform and the soldier fell as well.

"Bye space sword.." Sokka watched his sword fall down to the earth.

"I don't think boomerang is coming back Toph," Sokka felt her slipping from his wrist, quickly changing his grip to hold onto her fingers with all the strength he could manage.

Tears began to form in tophs eyes, terrified this was it. Tears ran down her face trying to hold onto him, she's never felt so helpless.

"It looks like this is the end,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 379 36
After leaving Uncle Iroh's side Zuko dawns the mask of the blue spirit as he struggles to survive on his own he meets and joins a group of female war...
1M 30.8K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
11.4K 264 22
How can one miracle affect the entire fate of the world? Zuko looks back on memories until iroh tells him of a new plan to capture the avatar. They...
66.3K 1.3K 14
When Zuko falls ill with a deadly spirit fever Katara learns her healing abilities are the only remedy for his illness. While spending time together...