Heartbreak Warfare

By thedaydreamer270

"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: Epilogue

Chapter 58

57.7K 2.3K 3.1K
By thedaydreamer270

Draco, Ron, and Hermione rushed into the Room of Requirement, looking around for Harry. They found him standing in front of a table, pulling something out of a wooden box.

"Did you find it?" Draco asked.

Harry turned and held up the tiara. "Yeah, now we just—"

Harry was hit with a spell and the tiara went flying into one of the large piles of junk. Draco turned to see Crabbe, Goyle, and Theodore standing with their wands out. Draco and the trio pulled their wands out as well.

"I knew it would be easy to catch you but I didn't think it would be this easy," Theodore smirked. "Though, you never were much of a fighter, were you, Malfoy?"

"I don't have to be to beat you," Draco sneered. "Besides, if last time's any indicator, I can easily beat you in a fight."

Theodore threw a spell at Draco that he easily deflected and Crabbe and Goyle started throwing spells too. Hermione and Ron jumped in to defend him while Harry went digging for the tiara. Draco hit Theodore with a spell to the chest and he flew back. Crabbe and Goyle started retreating back but Crabbe threw one last curse—the killing curse—at Hermione but she dodged. Ron's face turned red and he ran after them.

"That's my girlfriend, you bastard!"

Draco looked at Hermione who was smiling slightly before turning to Harry. He had grabbed the tiara and was climbing down.

"We should get out of here," Harry replied.

They heard a yell and turned to see Ron running back. "He's going to set the whole bloody place on fire!"

Ron grabbed Hermione and kept running just as a wave of flames came barreling around the corner. Draco grabbed Harry's hand and they ran after Ron and Hermione. Every turn they made however they were met with flames. Flames that resembled various creatures attacked at them at every corner and Draco wasn't sure if they were going to make it out. Harry stumbled as he looked at the flames nearly nipping at their ankles and Draco turned and said a spell. A shield of water appeared in front of them as the flames came crashing onto it.

"There's some brooms! We can use them to get out of here," Ron said.

They each grabbed one and flew into the air. They headed toward the exit when Draco saw Crabbe, Goyle, and Theodore climbing one of the piles. Goyle slipped and fell, immediately being engulfed by flames. Draco hadn't liked any of them, but to see him die so suddenly...he couldn't just leave them.

"Harry!" Draco called and he understood.

They turned around and headed toward the pair who were barely hanging on.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" Ron yelled at them.

"We can't just leave them!" Draco called back.

"He's joking, right?"

Draco ignored him and reached out to Theodore.

"I don't need your help!" Theodore shouted.

"Don't be an idiot!" Draco growled, holding out his hand. "You'll die!"

Harry had Crabbe on the back of his broom and was lingering next to him. "We can't wait forever!"

Draco grabbed the back of Theodore's jacket and tried to haul him up but he squirmed.

"Let go of me!" He yelled, as the jacket started slipping off.

"Don't—" But it was too late. Theodore squirmed out of his jacket before Draco could haul him up and he fell into the flames.

Draco stared in shock and it was Harry's voice that brought him out of it. "We've got to go!"

Draco turned his broom and followed Harry out. They landed roughly outside the doors and Crabbe took the chance to flee. Harry put the tiara on the ground and Hermione threw a basilisk fang at him. Harry caught it and stabbed the tiara. Black smoke billowed out as Harry fell back. Ron stepped up and kicked the tiara into the flames just as the doors to the Room of Requirement closed.

Draco knelt down next to Harry. "Are you okay?"

He nodded, blinking out of his reverie. "It's the snake. The snake is the last Horcrux."

Draco helped Harry to his feet. "Do you know where they are?"

Harry shook his head.

"You have to use your connection," Hermione replied. "Find out where they are."

Harry nodded and closed his eyes and after a few minutes, he opened them. "They're at the boathouse."

****

Harry, Draco, Hermione, and Ron crept along the side of the boathouse and crouched down by the window. Voldemort was inside with Nagini but they weren't alone. Snape was there too.

"The wand answers to you, of course, my lord," Snape said. "Who else?"

"You killed him, Severus," Voldemort spoke. "It is you that the wand belongs to."

Snape choked and stumbled against the wall. Harry couldn't see, could only hear what was happening.

"Nagini, attack," Voldemort commanded.

There was a hiss and a bang as Snape fell against the window. And then another.

"Come, Nagini," Voldemort said and then apparated away.

Harry peeked into the window and after making sure there was no one but Snape there, he ran into the boathouse. He knelt next to the professor and put his hand against his neck in an attempt to stop the bleeding. Draco crouched down beside Harry and Snape's eyes cut over to him.

"I'm sorry," he said, weakly. "I didn't want you to end up...like me." Tears trickled from his eyes. "Take them," he gestured to his face.

Draco turned to Hermione who pulled out a vial from her purse. Draco took a hold of it and held it against Snape's face to capture the tears.

"Take them to the Pensieve," Snape's voice was soft as he looked to Harry. "You have your mother's eyes."

Those were his last words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 847 28
I do not own Harry Potter. This is HarryxDraco fanfic. It's a DRARRY if you don't like it then please don't read it. ***** "Harry?" Draco called out...
27.2K 1K 21
Draco had always been a puzzle to Harry. A vicious Labrinth with sky-high walls. A forest with deadly poison in it's every inch. A bush with thorns i...
10.2K 126 18
draco gives him the faintest of smiles. he rips apart from harry and stares into his eyes. harry's eyes contain the world's amount of love, affection...
724K 22.4K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...