The boy who was given up

By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

Harry Potter, a young wizard thrust into a world of death, evil and lies. In order to navigate through the fo... More

Chapter One: The Night Of Terror
Chapter two: The incident
Chapter three: Diagon Alley
Chapter four: Welcome to the gang
Chapter five: Sorting
Chapter six: Class and confrontations
Chapter seven: The boggart and flying
Chapter eight: Weekends, God fathers and the strange man...
Chapter nine: New information, who is this dude?
Chapter ten: A disastrous end to year one...
Chapter eleven: Coming home and starting again
Chapter twelve: God fathers
Chapter thirteen: Parties and sleep overs
Chapter fourteen: The zoo
Chapter fifteen: Back to school
Chapter sixteen: First day detentions!?
Chapter seventeen: The voice
Chapter eighteen: McGonagall and Dueling classes.
Chapter nineteen: The diary...
Chapter twenty: Answers and secrets
Chapter Twenty-one: Stopping the basilisk and rage...
Chapter twenty- two: Inheritance...
Chapter twenty-three: Gringotts...
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training
Chapter twenty-five: Mastering and the holidays
Chapter twenty-six: Year three and secondary responses
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The inheritance...
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The scolding and the "incident"
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Memories
Chapter Thirty: Questions and TEA...
Chapter Thirty-One: The first date
Chapter Thirty-Two: Hostage
Chapter Thirty-Three: The new era
Chapter Thirty-Four: Christmas Special
Chapter Thirty Five: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty Six: The Triwizard tournament announcement
Chapter Thirty Seven: The silent war
Chapter Thirty-Eight: DADA? I think not
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Sleep Over Part One
Chapter Forty: The Sleepover Part Two
Chapter Forty-One: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Feeling light-headed?
Chapter Forty-Four: The Shadowland
Chapter Forty-Five: And the Champion is...
Chapter Forty-Six: Too Much
Chapter Forty-Seven: Getting out of it?
Chapter Forty-Eight: Helping Harry
Chapter Forty-Nine: The First Task
Chapter Fifty: The Clue
Chapter Fifty-One: The Garden
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Second Task
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Annoying Beetle
Chapter Fifty-Four: Ballroom dancing
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Final Task Part One
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Final Task Part Two
Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Final Task Part Three
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Infirmary
Chapter Sixty: The Beginning Of Forever
Chapter Sixty-One: Here is to Forever
Chapter Sixty-Two: Not Even Death Could Part Us, My Love.

Chapter Fifty-Five: Is that a promise?

2.3K 78 10
By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

Today was the day they had been waiting for.

The Great Hall was decorated in sleek elegant crystals, to give the effect of a perfect white Christmas.

Everyone was beginning to pile into the beautiful room, delicate violins were playing in the background of all the chatter.

"Do I look okay?" Blaise asked fussing with his robes.

"You look fine," Harry replied rolling his eyes, " The real question is do I look okay?"

"You both look fine, stop your fussing," Kai said as they walked over to the group of paranoid teens.

"Kai perfect! Ignore them but is my dress okay? No wrinkles?" Pansy asked quickly when Kai got to them.

"You all look lovely chill," They said with a chuckle.

Pansy smiled widely, "Thank you! You look amazing too!"

Kai was wearing a baby blue suit paired with white and peachy coloured flowers on it.

"Yeah seriously, you're killing that combo!" Harry agreed happily.

"Thanks, guys," Kai replied smiling widely, "Where are your dates?"

"They all wanted to come in together so we are waiting down here," Blais said smiling, "Where is Victor and your date?"

"Vicky is over there with Arthur," Kai pointed at the drinks table where Victor and Arthur were laughing, "And Iris should be coming in with her friends soon," Kai beamed.

"I still can't believe that you got Iris Andre to go to the ball with you!" Blaise beamed laughing.

"I can, plus at least they actually talked to their crush not just hide in the shadows for years, if it weren't for me you probably wouldn't be with Theo!" Harry said teasingly.

"Shut up I would be," Blaise said pouting, "I was just nervous," Blaise trailed off which made the group laugh.

"They're here!" Pansy shrieked excitedly.

All heads turned towards the staircase just as Draco, Hermione and Theo turned the corner.

Hermione in a beautiful periwinkle blue dress that cascaded down her figure.

Draco, a beautiful black tuxedo paired with a stunning white top and bow.

Theo, a navy blue suit with a white shirt and black bow.

"Wow!" All three said at the same time.

"I'm going to leave you all to it," Kai said chuckling as he walked over to the side of the stairs waiting for Iris.

"He's beautiful," Harry whispered softly.

The group on the stairs chuckled as they saw their open-mouthed dates.

Harry realized and instantly shut his mouth, chuckling nudged the other two so they would shut their mouths also.

"I knew we looked good but that was hilarious," Hermione said as they reached them.

"Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen these guys have nothing to say," Draco teased which caused Theo and Hermione to laugh.

"Oh we have plenty to say we were just momentarily stopped by your beauty," Harry said grabbing Draco's hand softly and slipping on a white rose corsage.

Draco smiled softly back at him.

"There you are Mr Potter, Mr Malfoy!" McGonagall said, rushing over to them. "It is time for the opening dance. Are you both ready to come in?" She asked.

"As ready as we'll ever be," Harry said, offering Draco his hand.

Draco smiled widely and grabbed Harry's hand squeezing it lightly in reassurance.

Harry smiled at the gesture and they both followed McGonagall, ready for the champions first dance.

When the hall was silent, the music started, your typical ball song really, but all Harry could hear was his heart, he really didn't want to mess this up for Draco.

But as soon as Draco looked across at him and smiled at him that special way, everything meted away, he realised that it didn't matter if he messed up, all that mattered was that Draco was here, in his arms, smiling.

Harry couldn't have been happier.

He grabbed Draco's hand and his waist and they danced, they were in sync, as though they were always supposed to be together.

Like the last two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

Together everything was perfect and the most beautiful picture.

Harry smiled wistfully wondering what he did to deserve such a perfect person in his life.

"What are you thinking?" Draco asked happily as others started joining the dance floor.

"That I am the luckiest person alive," Harry admitted happily.

Draco smiled, "Me too," He answered.

Draco rested his head on Harry's shoulder as they danced slowly to the beat.

A bright flash made them both lookup.

Standing there guiltily, was Narcissa, "Sorry it was too cute I needed a photo,"

"What are you even doing here Mom?" Draco asked chuckling.

"They asked the parents if anyone wanted to chaperone so, of course, I wanted to, Petunia told me to make sure you all got photos at the booth too," Narcissa replied before walking towards a Durmstang boy who looked like he was about to spike the punch.

Draco and Harry simply laughed before looking around.

Hermione and Pansy were dancing happily, smiles placed so prominently on each other's faces.

Theo and Blaise were dancing dramatically in the corner, "they never were ones for a waltz" Harry chuckled.

"That's so true," Draco agreed laughing.

Victor and Arthur were dancing in the middle of the floor, staring at each other laughing, as if the world had melted away around them.

Kai and Iris were dancing happily at the side, Kai twirled Iris around as she laughed, "They even match," Draco gushed looking at them.

Iris was wearing a white dress that cascaded into a peachy colour matching Kai's shirt.

"They are so cute, I am so happy for them," Harry agreed.

"Alright, everybody! Who's ready to party!" Some guy yelled from the stage.

"So soon! I just wanted to keep dancing," Draco said pouting slightly which made Harry laugh.

"Well then let's go dance," Harry said smiling at him.

"Where?" Draco asked confused.

"C'mon trust me, I know a place," Harry said happily as he grabbed his hand and pulled him through the crowds of people.

Harry and Draco ran down the corridor slightly just so the music was drowned out.

They were standing next to a large window and a still staircase.

"This is the place?" Draco asked chuckling.

"Yes," Harry replied smiling, he grabbed Draco's hand once again softly.

Draco laughed, "We can't dance without music."

Harry, however, just grabbed Draco's waist and pulled him closer.

Draco simply smiled confused at him but played along.

"I see trees of green and red roses too

I'll watch then bloom just for me and you

And I think to myself

Oh, what a wonderful world," Harry began to sing as he danced with Draco.

Draco smiled softly and placed his head once again on his shoulder.

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white

The brightness of day, the dark, say goodnight

And I think to myself

Oh, what a wonderful world" Harry then simply continued to hum the tune happily with Draco in his arms.

"You have a lovely voice," Draco commented, "Maybe I could get you to sing for me more often,"

"Only for you love," Harry said smiling.

Draco smiled, "I think you got it wrong before by the way,"

"What wrong?" Harry asked confused.

"I am the luckiest person alive," Draco beamed at Harry.

Harry simply smiled widely again.

"I wanted to give you your Christmas present now," Harry started.

"Oh? Yours is in the dorm," Draco said starting to head in that direction.

"No don't worry about that, this one is special," Harry replied pulling him softly back.

"Oh?" Draco asked curiously.

"Yeah, I wanted to show you how much you mean to me Draco, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, the good and the bad, the long night and the beautiful dates. But most importantly I want to watch as we both get old, in peace surrounded by the people we love, maybe even a couple of children running around in the beautiful garden surrounding our home." Harry said wistfully.

"I want that too," Draco said smiling softly.

"Draco, I wanted to give you this promise ring, to tell you that one day you will be mine, and I will show the world that in front of an altar, I will let the world know how much you mean to me, that I will never let you go. I will love you forever Draco Malfoy, that's a promise," Harry said as he pulled out a sleek and elegant silver ring on a chain.

Draco smiled, tears were forming in his eyes as he turned to let Harry put the necklace on him.

"Now I am the one to make you speechless," Harry said as he turned back around.

Draco laughed softly, "I'm just so happy," Draco said softly as he hugged Harry.

Harry smiled softly, "I hope to make you this happy forevermore,"

"Is that a promise?" Draco asked smiling.

"I promise," Harry said smiling before he leaned in and kissed Draco softly.

Once they pulled away neither of them wanted to leave, but they knew someone would come looking for them soon, especially with Narcissa wanting them to take photos.

"We should probably be heading back now," Harry said softly.

"Okay fine, I will also have you know that you weren't the only one practising dancing for tonight," Draco said smirking.

"Oh yeah, I thought you were the master of waltzing?" Harry asked amused.

"I have already mastered waltzing now I have some pretty badass dance moves!" Draco beamed.

Harry chuckled, "I can't wait to see them, love,"

The rest of the night was spent with smiles, laughter and lots of terrible- I mean badass dancing.

A/N Hey guys, sorry for the late chapter but I hope you enjoyed! Stay safe and be kind! #blacklivesmatter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 66 23
With the Dark Lord back from the dead, secret friends are faced with a choice. Draco Malfoy takes it upon himself to protect those he loves from the...
559K 16.5K 31
Voldemort returns. Harry is wrongly accused. All hell breaks loose... but it's already too late by the time the Order of the Phoenix realizes it. ...
595K 6.9K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...