COLLIDE, dick grayson

By oikawaakinnie

COLLIDE ― ❝in the chaos, we found each other❞ IN WHICH young Veronica Parker is assigned to a case involving... More

――COLLIDE
――PLAYLIST
――GRAPHIC GALLERY
――EPIGRAPH AND PART ONE
1- The Beginning Of It All
2- Batman and Robin
3- The Case
4- A Common Burden
5- Manhunt
6- Lost And Then Found
7- The Meeting
8- A Family Reunion
9- Memories Of The Past
10- Disappearances
11- Sins
12- In Too Deep
13- Buried Truths
14- Unspoken Promises
15- Losing It
16- Caught
17- A Crack In The Glass
19- Can't Catch A Break
20- I Can't Handle Change
21- Reminiscing
22- Something Strange Happened Here
23- The Lonely Crusaders
24- Mischief Deal
25- Truth Doesn't Change The Way You Lie
26- Replaced
27- Abandoned
28- Burn Marks
29- Ache
30 - Does The Past Ever Really Die?

18- Longing

5.5K 214 62
By oikawaakinnie

ANOTHER MOTEL. That was where the six were staying, this one possibly more run down than the last. They had arrived here after trading in Dicks Porsche for a minivan (Fox thought it to be a bad decision on his part but supposed it was a tad more practical), and returning Fox's rental vehicle. All of them traveled together now, and Veronica wasn't sure if it would end well or not.

At least, not between Fox and Dick, who currently bickered.

"I can't believe you traded in the Porsche for a minivan." Fox sighed, and Gar nodded his head in agreement.

"Yeah, man."

Dick looked out the rear-view mirrors, making sure no one was following them, "This we can all fit in." He reasoned.

Veronica could agree with that, but then again, she never really gave much of a crap about card. She looked out the window to her left. She'd never been fond of motels, constantly worried about bed bugs or other things. It seemed juvenile since she'd spent some of her years living on the streets, but perhaps that was exactly the reason for the paranoia.

"I like the van." Kory defended the old car, and Dick nodded appreciatively.

"We're not actually staying here, are we?" Rachel asked, echoing Veronica's exact thoughts. She hoped to god not.

"Y'know, there's probably a nicer place down the road." Kory reasoned, and Dick shook his head.

"We're being hunted by sociopaths." Dick deadpanned.

"He's got a point," Veronica chimed in, "Nicer places draw attention."

"Nicer places also make it easier to sleep." Kory countered. Dick shook his head still.

"One road in, one road out. Only one point of access we have to watch, and also," He turned to look out the window, "It's quiet. Trouble comes our way, we should hear it first." He unbuckled his seat belt and opened his door, "And who said anything about sleeping?"

"Me! I did! I need my beauty rest, man." Fox whined, and Veronica gave him a look. He returned it, "What? I barely run on any sleep as it is!"

The woman just rolled her eyes, and got out of the car as well. Dick raised a brow at her, questioning why she was coming without actually asking, and she sighed.

"Is it a crime to want to get out of that cramped ass car, Grayson?"

He raised his hands up in surrender and began to walk to the main office, the woman following his lead.

Inside was covered with miscellaneous objects of all sorts, some on the wall and others on tables or the desk. Behind the woman at the counter there read a sign that stated the pool was closed, and a large eagle hung on the wall.

The second they stepped in the woman's face lit up. "Hi there! How can I help you?"

"Hi," Dick greeted, "Could we get six rooms please? Preferably all close to each other?" He asked, a friendly expression on his face.

"Of course," She smiled brightly. She clicked some keys on her register, "Total comes to 200 even."

"Alright," Dick pulled some bills out of his wallet, and handed them to the woman. She took it and placed them in the machine, then walked back to the wall where all the keys hung to get theirs.

"Here you go," She spoke, six keys in her hand, all jangling against each other, "Six rooms, all close to each other." Her smile was sweet like honey.

"I'm glad you had availability." He took the keys from her outstretched hand gratefully.

"Yeah, I guess we're a little slow." She nodded, "It's the off season."

"Huh. There's an on season?" He queried. The woman shook her head slowly.

"About five years ago," She chuckled sadly, "That is when my shitty ex-husband left me this shitty motel, that I do not know how to run," Her laugh turned dry. Veronica's heart ached for her. It must've sucked horribly. She could only imagine.

"Sounds shitty," Dick agreed. "Hey, uh, where's the closest place to eat around here?" 

She pointed outside, "Oh! Uh, liquor store across the street has snacks. Other than that," She leaned against her counter and clicked her pen, "There's a pizza place nearby. It's, uh, Edders. It's actually pretty good."

Dick nodded, "Okay, appreciate it." He smiled sweetly and began to walk away, and Veronica followed suit.

"Oh! The, um, ice machine out back, it gets a little testy but there's a trick to it. So, if you want to get it working...I'm always up late. Room 101."

There was a pang in Veronica's heart at that statement. She didn't know why, but seeing the woman flirting with Dick caused her to feel emotions she didn't usually feel. She knew the man had a naturally flirtatious personality, sometimes without even realizing it he would lead girls on, but that knowledge didn't seem to dull the pain. His eyes flickered back to Veronica for a split second, before trailing back to the woman.

"I'll make sure to knock."

His response caused that pain to intensify. And she didn't like it. Not one bit.

— x —

"Alright guys, listen up." Dick spoke out, as Rachel flopped onto the bed, pizza from the nearby Edders in hand. "We're all in one piece, more or less. We need to figure out where we stand and what's mission critical." His gaze trailed over everybody in the room.

"Mission critical?" Fox questioned, as he munched on a piece of pepperoni pizza from the box.

"Is that a cop thing? Sounds like a cop thing." Gar commented, as he reached for a piece of the greasy goodness.

"I had some combat training when I was younger." Dick explained. Combat training was only the half of it.

"And he's a cop." Rachel pointed out.

"I'm sorry you were referring to 'we'?" Kory spoke up.

Dick nodded and placed his hands in his pockets. "We as of right now are a group of people who share a common enemy."

That much was true, but Veronica still had her case to figure out. Which, speaking of, was still baffled and torn on what to do exactly. She'd been putting it on hold for as long as possible, but she needed to get cracking.

"Which makes us what?"

Dick looked around the room, and his eyes found Veronica's. "Let's call it an alliance." His eyes bore into hers, words meaning something much more than what they sounded like. Was trying to make a peace offering? "One born of mutual need."

"And what is that?" Kory questioned again. Rachel, Veronica, Gar and Fox on-looked with intrigue.

"To stay alive. We have no idea how long we have until they find us."

"You just said 'they', who are they? What do they want?" Gar chuckled nervously, pizza box still in hand.

"We don't know who they are, but they want me." Rachel answered.

"It's because of her...abilities." Veronica added.

"They make violence look like an art form," Kory leaned her head back against the wall.

"The people that attacked us fought in unison. They were perfectly coordinated, we're not. We can't fight like that unless we learn each other's moves."

A grin tugged at Veronica's face then. She'd have no problem doing that. "Inspiring," Kory praised sarcastically, "And how do you suggest we do that?"

"We stick together. And we train."

—x—

When Dick had said train, Veronica didn't think he meant right away. Though, apparently, he did.

So, now they all stood in an unused barn, the place filled with haystacks, and one tractor that sat in the corner. The place was completely abandoned, which made it perfect for what they were about to do.

"Okay, in order to work together, fight and defend yourselves like a coordinated team, we gotta see what each other can do. Any volunteers?" Dick explained, his voice loud and authoritative in the huge space. Everybody stood in a circle, all glancing at each other.

Nobody spoke up. Not even Fox, who seemed quite eager. It was like a high school gym class all over again.

"Kory," Dick spoke up, her eyes darted to his in a questionative manner, "Rachel said you can create light. Heat. Is that right?"

She shrugged, "Honestly I'm still trying to figure it out." She said, her hands in the pocket of her fur coat.

"Okay, so let's figure it out together. How exactly does it work?"

Everybody's gaze fell on Kory, her powers grabbing and piquing everyone's interest. "I think it comes from the sun," She began, "I can absorb its power and direct it. I'm weaker at night, though. I'm sometimes empty, and it takes me awhile to recharge."

"How long?" Dick questioned, his eyes alight with curiosity.

"A few hours, a day, I don't know." She replied.

"Can you control it?" He asked.

A small smirk filled her face, "Of course."

"Okay," Dick sidestepped, and pointed to the corner where the large vehicle of a tractor sat, "Could you hit that tractor?"

She nodded, "Watch." And with that she walked forwards, a quiet hush falling over the group.

Gar's face held an excited smile, and so did everyone else's. Veronica had forgotten just how exciting and thrilling the rush of fighting crime and training was, and as she watched Kory ready herself, a grin spread across her cheeks.

With a deep breath in Kory turned into an inferno, her hair blazing a bright orange and the energy running through her fingertips. She brought her right hand back, and threw it forwards, fire spewing from the palm of it and igniting the wall behind the vehicle, burning a smoldering hole right through it.

Veronica's eyes widened in surprise, and evidently so did everyone else's. The power the woman radiated was indescribable, and Veronica watched in awe.

It was amazing.

She turned around, and shook her hand as if it burned, "I suppose I could use a little practice." She looked at the destruction she had made and grimaced a little, turning back around and brushing her hair out of her eyes before she walked back to the group.

Fox let out a whoop, "That was badass!" He raised his hand for a high-five. Kory turned to him and smiled as she hit his hand.

"Thanks."

A puff of steam came from their connected hands and he winced at the burn slightly. Dick turned to Gar then, a wide grin on his face, "Your turn."

Gar bopped up and down excitedly as he looked at Dick. "Okay, I just, uh...give me a second." He jogged forwards with elation evident in his expression, preparing himself. He stretched and rolled his shoulders, "Okay..." He breathed out.

"Any time today would be good." Dick encouraged the boy.

He whipped around to face Dick, "It's uh...I can't...It's a little weird with you guys watching and all. The first time I transformed I tore through my clothes, and uh," Rachel let out a little giggle at his demeanor. "Oh, and, like this is my favorite jacket." He exclaimed nervously.

"Hold on. You have to be naked to..." Dick raised a brow in confusion.

"Yeah, but it'll be worth it! I promise." Gar confirmed sheepishly.

"Heard that before." Veronica chuckled, and Kory let out a laugh at her comment.

"Just, uh, turn around!" Gar recommended, everybody nodded and turned around so the boy could get undressed.

Veronica anticipated to see what he could do, she wondered just how far his capabilities could go, and what else he could do with them. She could hear his footsteps as he ran, and Kory sighed impatiently.

"If this wasn't a drill we'd be dead by now," Kory crossed her arms over her chest, when a loud roar omitted from behind them.

Dick jumped in surprise, and everyone whipped around. Instead of Gar there stood a tiger, a green tiger, and Dick stumbled backwards into Veronica out of panic.

"Oh shit!" The woman just laughed, and patted him on the shoulder as he straightened himself.

Kory let out a proud chuckle, a smile on her face.

"What do you know, it was worth it!" She looked at Veronica.

"It really was." She agreed with her, a light chuckle leaving her lips.

"That's him?" Fox questioned, his eyes wide. Veronica couldn't tell if he was afraid or impressed.

"I know, right?" Rachel smiled proudly.

"How?" Dick questioned.

"Got sick or something." Rachel explained.

"The flu turned him into a tiger?" Kory asked, quirking a brow as she looked him over. Gar let out a tiny roar, and stepped down from off the bales of hay, walking closer. Dick scurried backwards into Veronica again.

"Okay, you can turn back now! Into Gar." He emphasized. Veronica just giggled at the man's frightened expression. He did as he was told, and in front of their eyes they witnessed his fur fade into skin, his bones crack, and slowly morph back into himself.

He stood up with a wide grin on his face, "Ta-da!"

Veronica looked away out of respect to the now naked boy in front of her. "Gar." Rachel spoke, quickly averting her eyes away. He looked down and immediately blushed fifty shades of red.

"Ah, ha..." He turned away, "I, uh, forgot," He ran back to where his clothes were, as Kory giggled away. Within a few seconds he emerged back from behind the hay bales, "Whew!"

Dick walked forwards, still a tad jittery. "So have you eaten anyone before?"

"'Eaten?'" Gar scoffed, "No, dude. I haven't even bitten anyone before." He walked past Dick as he said so. "Eaten anyone." He laughed underneath his breath.

"Be a lot scarier if he wasn't green," Kory spoke, "Or vegan."

"Okay, so we have sun woman and tiger boy," Dick observed, "there's definitely potential here."

"Rachel, you're next!"

The girl's happy expression turned nervous and cold, "No. No, I could hurt someone."

"Hurting people is kind of the idea here," Veronica reasoned, Rachel still shook her head, dead set against the idea of unleashing her powers. It was far too risky.

"I could hurt one of you."

Kory narrowed her eyes, almost as if she was analyzing the young girl.

"It's a part of you." Dick said, "You gotta stop being afraid of it."

She looked around anxiously, wracking for an excuse in her brain to get her out of this.

But, Dick was right. It was a part of her. It was one of her greatest assets, but yet also her greatest downfall. Perhaps stopping the fear was one step closer to controlling it.

"If something goes wrong..."

"You can do this." Dick encouraged her.

She nodded slowly, took a deep breath, and walked forwards. She stood there, her hands stretched out and her feet rooted to the spot.

Ever so slowly the power built up inside of her as she tried to break down those walls of fear.

Distorted and indistinct whispers filled the
otherwise silent area, as a black mass flowed from the girls mouth, her arms rising upwards. It was a sight to behold. The black mass shot and crawled upwards, and spun around like a tornado, only growing stronger with each passing second.

"Rachel?" Kory questioned, her voice cautious. The girl didn't reply, the mass still rising and growing stronger.

Dick looked at her, his expression one of worry, "Okay, bring it back in."

Once again she didn't reply, the black mass edging its way towards Kory. Veronica looked on in shock and concern.

Kory had been right, it did make violence look as if it was an art form.

Kory raised her arm and with a loud blast light spewed from her hand, battling the mass, and throwing everyone to the floor.  Rachel let out a death-defying shriek, absorbing the darkness back up. Veronica watched, her eyes wide and breath quick. The young girl fell to the floor, and Dick hopped up almost instantly to aid her.

"Rachel!"

"Stay back," She warned, taking a moment to calm herself. Slowly she turned back around, all traces of what came out from her earlier gone. "I'm fine."

"You sure?" Dick questioned, the girl nodded her head ever so slightly.

"Did I hurt you?" Kory asked, her voice laced with uncertainty.

"I just...I just need a little more practice, that's all." Rachel practically whispered, her voice low and quiet. Everybody glanced at her, not quite knowing what exactly to say.

"So uh, we all did our thing, what about you guys?" Gar broke the silence to look at Veronica, Fox, and Dick. Truthfully, Veronica didn't really have a thing, she was good with combat, stealth, and a few psychological tactics but that was pretty much it.

"Well uh, we don't really have a 'thing'." Fox replied and Veronica nodded her head in agreement. "At least, nothing like you all have," He gestured at the three. Gar looked like he wanted them to show what they could do nonetheless, but didn't push it.

"Okay..." He turned to Dick, "What's your thing man?'

All he offered was one simple sentence. "I can keep you alive."

—x—

It was nightfall now. The air was chilly and the wind was picking up, but the temperature was decent enough.

Veronica sat outside the motel, her mind alive. This case was a tough one. Not for the traditional reasons, but more so because she still had yet to figure out why the FBI wanted Rachel, and if she would turn her in the first place. She'd never once argued against the FBI's philosophy, but Fox had been correct. She knew deep in her gut that bringing in Rachel wasn't the right thing, at least, not until she discovered the reason behind it.

Really, still, nothing made sense. No reason she came up with could suffice, and that was what stumped her.

Gar and Rachel sat on a picnic table by her, and they chatted.

A smile graced Veronica's lips, it brought back memories of her and Dick. Good memories, but still, they stung. Footsteps filled the otherwise silent atmosphere, and Veronica could already tell who it was. "Hey." His voice greeted her, soft and delicate.

"Hey."

He sat down beside her on the curb, his eyes on her.

"You think they're okay now?" Veronica questioned, and Dick nodded, a smile finding its way onto his face.

"Yeah. They're cute together." He commented. The girl turned to him, nodding in agreement.

"They are."

"It's good to see her look like a normal kid again, you know." His tone was content at seeing Rachel finally happy.

She nodded, and looked away into the night, "What I saw back there was not normal." She looked down at her hands.

"Why do you think they're after her?"
She knew he meant both the FBI and the crazy family.

Veronica shrugged her shoulders, letting out a long sigh. "Truthfully? I don't know. I think it has something to do with that prophecy on Kory's wall, but, then there's the FBI. Why do they want her?" She ran a hand through her hair roughly, "I'm honestly stumped."

"Do they know about her...abilities?"

"I can't think of how they would."

"You said something about the prophecy?"

Veronica looked at him then, "I think it's all somehow linked. I just don't know how yet."

"You think she's going to bring on the end of the world?" His tone was one of disbelief.

"Or stop it."

"That's bullshit." The man beside her was skeptical the prophecy was even real.

"Doesn't mean the people who are after her won't kill to get her, Dick. Her and Gar need to learn how to defend themselves."

"She's just a kid. They both are," His expression softened. They were just kids too.

To have Rachel go through what they did wasn't what seemed right, or what she deserved, and Veronica knew this, but it was what they had to do if they wanted to keep Rachel and Gar alive.

"Part of me feels bad for turning them into weapons."

"Once you learn to see the world that way, you can't unsee it. I know. We couldn't. It isn't fair, but, I don't think there's anything we can do about it. If we want to keep them alive, keep them safe." That identical grief plagued her, just like her nightmares. But, being here with the person she felt most of these things over, it felt more real. It felt palpable, like she could feel the crimson blossoming in her mouth, feel the pain again.

His gaze held hers, "I missed you." He confessed, those words shooting a dagger straight through the girls heart.

She had missed him too, she had yearned to go back once she had left him and the others but knew it wasn't the right choice, or, rather, she didn't feel like it was.

Perhaps it had been a mistake leaving.

One she regretted.

"Why did you leave?"

She looked away, unable to reveal how she really felt while looking in his eyes. "After everything...I felt like I had to. Like if I stayed, I would only make things between the team worse. I would only make things between us worse. So, the best option seemed to be to just...go." She bit her lip, "I see now maybe that was a mistake."

"You left without saying goodbye."

"I couldn't face you. I couldn't face any of it."

Dick fiddled with his hands, and Veronica finally found his gaze again. "I missed you too," She spoke in a soft and quiet voice. "And I'm sorry."

"It wasn't all your fault." He admitted. He couldn't stand to see her so heartbroken and torn up over things that had been out of her control. He couldn't lie to her anymore. But, as he looked into her innocent eyes and her broken features, he couldn't find the courage. He had just gotten her back. He didn't want to lose her again. "I did things too."

She narrowed her eyes and furrowed her brows, "What do you mean?"

"I fucked up too. I didn't come after you. I didn't try. And I should've." That wasn't a lie, but, it was a cover up to what he had actually done. Something much worse that he just didn't have the heart to tell her.

A ghost of a smile danced across Veronica's  face, "We both didn't try," she placed her hand over-top of his, "Maybe we actually can this time."

A soft grin filled Dicks face, but it quickly disappeared as his eyes clouded over with something distant and cold, "Right. Uh, you should get some rest, we leave first thing in the morning." He inwardly winced at his reply.

It wasn't what he wanted to say to her, but he didn't know if he was ready to accept those feelings he had for her again. He knew just how badly it had ended last time. Her hopeful expression dropped at his reply, but she nodded curtly.

"Oh. Okay." It burned to think now, and it killed her to breathe.

She stood up, and walked away towards her room without a glance back.

His words stung.

Right.

What was that supposed to mean?

She entered her room and glanced at her suitcase that sat on the bed. Her eyes made their way to the suit that laid underneath one of her tank tops. The suit that had caused all her problems, and yet, at the same time, all her solutions.

She stormed over and swiftly shut the thing, and attempted to calm her breathing.

"Veronica!" Hank hollered out. She paused her steps momentarily. "What are you doing?"

She risked a glance back, eyes cold and faraway.

"Leaving."

She groaned to herself as she remembered, and pulled back open the suitcase. She grabbed her toiletries.

Maybe a shower would clear her head.

She entered the small room in the corner and she shut the door. She walked over to the tap and turned it on, the hot water providing a sense of comfort. The second it was the right temperature she undressed herself and turned on the shower. Once she got in, the water ran over her body, and she sighed in content.

She remembered the happy memories between her and Dick, and allowed a soft grin make its way onto her face.

"Dick Grayson if you poke me one more time-"

"You'll do what? Bite me? Because I'm down for that."

"Oh my god."

A chuckle left her lips as she rinsed out her hair from the shampoo.

"Do you think teachers give us math as torture or actually for our own well-being?"

"Definitely the first one."

"I should sue them for emotional distress."

While she washed out the rest of the products from her hair, she was deep in thought. What had he meant earlier? Right.

What was that supposed to mean? She turned off the tap and stepped out, and looked in the mirror, an internal battle raging inside of her.

Fuck it.

—x—

She raised her hand to rap on the door, nerves igniting every inch of her body like live wires.

Was this the right choice? She didn't know.

Veronica knocked on the wood to Dicks door. "It's me. Veronica."

Within a few seconds he was at the door. He opened it with a curious expression.

Her breath hitched at his appearance. Seemed like he had had the same idea she did earlier, as he only had on a bath towel wrapped tightly around his waist. He never failed to take her breath away. Curse his ever so attractive genes.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sidestepping so she could enter the room.

"We need to talk." She managed to speak as he  closed the door.

"Um, can I get dressed first?"

She turned around to face him, "I've seen you with less on."

He sighed, he knew she was right. Veronica stood against the wall, "I was thinking about earlier," She began, "And what you said."

Dick gestured for her to go on.

"I was going to get upset. But then I decided that I'm going to be an adult and talk to you about it." He walked towards her, and crossed his arms as he waited for her to finish talking."I know communication has never been our strong point, so I'm hoping you can be honest for once. What exactly did you mean? Because it wasn't quite clear, seeing as you practically just brushed me off."

He bit his lip, "I didn't mean to-"

"Are we going to work things out or not, Grayson?" Veronica was blunt and straight to the point. The influence of the few drinks of tequila she'd had before coming here probably helped with that.

He nodded his head, "Yeah, yeah we are."

"Good," She grinned, and pushed herself up from the wall to walk towards him. "I was hoping you'd say that."

His expression quickly morphed from one of confusion and benevolence to one of lust and passion as the mood which surrounded them changed completely.

"You're such an asshole." She breathed out, as the man wrapped his hands around her waist. His simple touch set her alight.

With the mischievous glint in his eyes and the lustful look on his face, he looked akin to flame.

She knew the risks, but she moved closer. She met his eyes.

She wanted the flame to lick against her skin and burn her. She wanted to feel the heat running through her veins. He was intoxicating, like a deadly poison, pulling her under in a daze and tainting her bloodstream until the only thing she could think about was him.

His breathing turned ragged as his gaze locked on hers.

"Don't." He warned, his voice dangerously constrained, his hold on her waist tightening.

"Why shouldn't I?" The two were so close together, she could practically taste him on her lips already.

He licked his lips and parted them. He willed himself not to give in to the things he felt. She reached her hand up and traced over them delicately.

He abruptly grabbed her hand, her eyes flew to his and her skin burned at his touch.

"I will not be held responsible for my actions if you don't stop touching me, Veronica." His voice was a mere whisper when he spoke her name. His gaze bore into hers, a fire underneath those eyes.

Veronica swallowed. She had been holding back for so long, the idea of even touching his lips to hers made her feel weak to the knees. But he was hers and she had been his for a very long time, much longer than either cared to admit.

She held his gaze, and brushed her lips against his, her breath fanned across each his face.

And then she gave in.

She leaned up and pressed her lips against his.

It was like electricity, her body burning. The kiss started off slow and soft, the blaze moving its way through her at a tantalizing pace. But very quickly it became one of need, desperation, and passion as the spark ignited into an inferno. He clawed at her clothes, tearing apart the black button down shirt she wore. The buttons clattered into different corners of the room.

They were at each other's mercy.

Dick pulled away, his breathing shallow and he let out pants. He looked like sin itself. Everything about him invited her in, and who was she to refuse such an offer? "Veronica, if you want to stop-"

She shook her head, and pulled off the tank top that was underneath her shirt. The only thing left on was her undergarments and her pants. Dicks eyes found hers, and they were filled with hunger, yet still soft and concerned, wary. "You sure you want this?" His voice was hoarse.

"I think I have for a long time," She wrapped her arms around his neck, and her gaze held his. "I was just too afraid to admit it to myself again. Do you?"

"Do you even have to ask that question?" He murmured, wrapping his arms back around her.

"I need to know, Dick."

His voice dropped an octave, "Yeah? Let me put it this way," He wound her hair around his fist gently, gaze never parting from hers. It was like he dared her to break his stare. "You haven't left my mind since you disappeared. You never could," He brought his other hand up to her lips and traced them tenderly. She leaned into his touch. "There's been so many things I've wanted to say to you."

"So say them."

He dropped her hair but brought it back from her neck and over her other shoulder, and kissed her there softly, tenderly. She closed her eyes and sighed in content. "I need you." He brought his head back up to meet her eyes, something deeper held within his irises, "I want you. And I have for a long time. I always will."

Her heart picked up pace, the butterflies in her stomach never ceasing, "I need you, too." Her voice was a mere whisper, as she pressed her lips back with his. Her mind was going haywire.

She wondered if she would regret this at all, having being under the influence of a little alcohol. But, deep down, she knew it was something she'd wanted regardless of anything else.

She pulled away, and her hands roamed down to intertwine with his, "And I want you. More than anything."

He wrapped his hands around her back as she fell back onto the bed, and he hovered above her. He trapped her lips against his. This time it didn't start slow at all. It was desperate, heated. She didn't want to let him go, and for that time they spent together, she wouldn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 121 48
Anastasia Kyle, the daughter to the infamous Catwoman, has been growing up on the streets for years. She worked with the Joker to raise a little Hell...
2.8K 69 20
⚠︎ Trigger Warning ⚠︎ Book contains mentions of abuse and suicide. • • • "You know I love you, right?" "Then show me." •-✽-✽-✽-• Paige Montgomery, th...
68K 1.1K 24
From Gotham sidekicks to nomads with no known path, Dick and Ashley have seen it all. Now adults with their ragtag group of misfits, brought together...
164K 4.7K 72
Jump City is swarmed with crime. Luckily, six teenage heroes serve as its sworn protectors, defeating the ambitious villains who challenge them. Embe...