Luna

By SkaneScarlet

Ever since she was young she dreamed in becoming a singer, one that could express her feelings through music... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Second chance
Chapter 2- Some
Chapter 3-Hard to love
Chapter 4- If it is you
Chapter 5-Retaliate
Chapter 6 - Stalking
Chapter 7: dates
Chapter 8 - Rumours
Chapter 9 - Do I know you?
Chapter 10- Show time
Chapter 11 -Meetings
Chapter 12- Questionnaires
Chapter 13- Teach me
Chapter 14 - Relashionships
Chapter 15- Auditions
Chapter 16- Ride
Chapter 17 - Complications
Chapter 18 - Run away
Chapter 19 - Games
Chapter 20 - Long time no see
Chapter 21- Action
Announcement
Chapter 23 - Who?
Chapter 24 - Wagyu
Chapter 25 - Old demons
Chapter 26-Forget it
Chapter 27 -People and their messes
Chapter 28 - A moment in time
Chapter 29 -The past and it's enigmas
Chapter 30- Nobody
Chapter 31 - Flower Road
Chapter 32 - All about you
Chapter 33 - Office run
Chapter 34 - history
Chapter 36 - The day
Chapter 37 - Getting ready
Chapter 38- breakfast
Chapter 39 - Connections and Confusions
Chapter 40 - Advice
Chapter 42 - Reunions and Departures
Chapter 43 - Story Telling
Chapter 44 - Early morning
Chapter 45 - Dont rain on my parade
Chapter 46 - The process of healing
Chapter 47 - Pizza nights
chapter 48 - In need of sugar
Chapter 49 - Stray paths aligned once again
Chapter 50 - Side Loves
Chapter 51 - Break in
Chapter 52 - Phone Calls
Chapter 53 - Confessions

Chapter 41 - Cool Kids Table

1K 35 7
By SkaneScarlet

It was eight in the morning, the chilly wind outside conditioning it's victims to wear a couple more pieces of clothing. The rainy weather leaving the day gloomier, yet faintly romantic.

For Luna however, the outside temperature didn't matter as inside the studio, the lights compensated, leaving the once cold environment warm. Staring at the youths beside her, Luna wondered if she should have asked for more iced coffee, as the liquids had almost vanished from the once full cups.

"Hello and welcome to Cool Kids Table, We are your hosts. Amy" Said a pretty girl with blue hair in two space buns, her school uniform filled with chains.

"Vroom." A tall boyish man spoke.

"Chris." Another blonde man spoke.

"And today we welcome the Moonlight stars, Amelia, Oscar, Maya, Lisa, Samuel, Fiery, ATP and Luna." Amy screamed, as the artists entered the set in little jogs, fitting of the program's theme.

Cool Kids Table, despite the cringy name was a very popular program. It was an informal, very casual program that focused on different activities, such as games and challenges. It was a very helpful program for the fans to see different sides of their idols. Normally hosted by three famous idols that switched from season to season. This year around, the hosts were acquaintances of Luna, which allowed her special privilege to cut the waiting line.

The colorful studio, allowing for the monochromatic coordinated outfits to shine even brighter. Although Luna had in mind to only accept capable people, the youths besides her didn't lack in the least in the looks department. Staring at the screen besides the camera, Luna couldn't deny, it was a good look.

"So, we finally got to meet the talk of town." Vroom spoke, kicking the air as he approached, his tongue clicking, as he exaggerated his delinquent façade.

In this program, the hosts and guests had to act out to fit the Cool Kids theme. The hosts were the cool kids, while the guests were new cool kids entering initiation to sit at the cool kids table, making it quite refreshing and very catering towards the younger audience. Holding her breath not to laugh, Luna made a funny expression, turning a 180 and staring away.

Vroom was a quite known face in the industry, he was a B list actor on the rise, with youthful looks and a good personality, he acquired fame quite quickly making him be able to host such a popular program. However, it was very odd seeing the always childish man acting tough, especially for Luna who was very much acquainted with him. Vroom belonged to Potter, and at a time even dated Nina, even if it didn't last long. They were even close for a while, not a speaking every month type of close, but a small talk when bumping into each other and eating Lunch together at the cafeteria type of friendly.

Seeing Luna turn beet red, the other hosts also broke out in laughter, making the once tense atmosphere thin out.

"Sorry, sorry." Luna said, covering her face with her hands, taking deep breaths.

"Yo, new kid. If you want to sit at our table I demand respect." Vroom stuffed out his chest, deepening his voice in a manlier way, making the people who once laughed quietly, break out in a stomach hurting laughter. As his cheeks flushed in embarrassment, Vroom approached Luna. "Yo, come here."

Receiving a finger flick on her forehead, Luna rubber the place, taking deep breaths to calm herself.

"Sorry, Vroom, you are just way too cool." Luna joked, still catching air, her flushed cheeks revealing how hard she was trying not to laugh.

"How dare you, new kid who I don't know, speak my name?" The man puffed his chest once more, his hands on his waist like a scolding mother.

Receiving a light elbow on his ribs from Amy, the man shook his head, putting the little feud to the side. "Anyway, please, introduce yourselves."

As the interview occurred, at a hidden alley on the upper side of the city, a small commotion went on.

Hidden between two tall trash cans, a short girl kept concealed her presence as she ran away from the security guards that chased her. Adjusting her mask and the sunglasses, she cursed inside her mind as the acidic smell of compost filled her nostrils. Closing her fist to make sure the tiny device on her hand stood there unmoved, she took out her scarf and jacket, throwing them inside the trash, putting her mask inside her pocket, she hopped not to get found out.

Getting up, she dusted off her clothes, she quickly moved outside of the alley. Spotting her target, the girl looked around, sensing the coast was clear, the girl calmly waked towards the luxurious sport car, the sunlight irritating her eyes in the slightest. Pretending to drop something on the ground, she quickly found a spot on the wheel house, cleaning lightly with her finger, she placed the tracker without blinking, getting up, the girl quickly walked out of the parking lot, the smile on her face able to send chills down one's spine.

Back at the program, as all the youths had already introduced themselves. The lighthearted show progressed smoothly, a few presentations had already gone by, as they sat on the ground, in a round circle.

"Let's play a game. I will say a name of one of you and will point to another three. The people I point to will have to say the first thing that comes to mind." Chris said. His Blonde curly hair, now inside a "I'm a clown" cap. "Let's start. No more than one second to think. So to start, Amelia"

As all attention was centered on the ginger girl, her tanned skin flushed. As Chris pointed towards Samuel, the boy didn't bat an eyelash as he blatantly spoke.

"Twin." He then pointed at his own dyed ginger hair.

As Chris pointed at Maya, who hid her panic by rubbing her palms on her joggers. Closing her eyes spitting out the first thing that came to mind.

"Fairy like?"

Staring at the small Asian girl, the man gave a light nod with his head, recognizing it, pointing towards ATP, his legs crossed as the man was very relaxed.

Staring at the girl as if he would punch a hole on her face in analysis, the man's lips curled up in an almost child like smile.

"Zucchini." As the words came out, the whole room went silent. Although barely visible, the boy's umber skin got slightly redder, as he flushed. "Her last name is Zuch, I always think about Zucchini."

"Weird, but makes sense." Chris rubbed his palms together. "Then ATP next."

Pointing at Lisa, the girl took her second to think. As the man's waited for the answer, he showed confidence, yet his fingers picked on his black nailpolish.

"Great skin."

Without thinking twice, Chris went to the next person, ATP's dark skin really had a pretty glow to it. Pointing at Oscar, the boy gave a sarcastic smile, his eyes defiant as he stared deep in ATP's eyes..

"Suck at Video Games."

Pointing at Samuel, the boy didn't even put much thought into it. He wasn't really the type to overthink.

"I agree, he sucks at Video Games."

Stopping the game, Chris pointed at Samuel again.

"You can't repeat."

"Then, good dancer" Samuel brushed off. Shrugging his shoulders.

Holding his laughter, Chris took a deep breath.

"Okay. Samuel Next then."

Pointing at Maya, the girl didn't bat an eyelash as she was quick to answer.

"Food with no seasoning."

In the whole company, Maya was the closest to Samuel, as they were very similar in age. So, unlike how she was with others, with Samuel, she was very straight forward. Being one of the only artists with Asian ancestry, she and Oscar would usually bring food from home, especially if they were coming to the company straight from school and as they usually stood until late at night, by the time they had dinner the canteen would already be closed, so the three of them would usually eat together homemade Asian food since they couldn't stare at Samuel eating his pitiful sandwiches everyday.

As Chris pointed at Luna. She smiled, throwing her hair behind her shoulder, she turned to the boy, putting on a radiant innocent smile, her eyes, although barely visible, dripping with evil intent.

"Brat."

She recalled all the nights he would go to her office, just for her to her the songs he had composed, like a child showing their mother the crayon drawing he had made, his face filled with tears when each song was finished, as he patted himself on the back like an egomaniac. He was truly something else.

As Chris finger turned towards Oscar, the boy gave a sarcastic smile, his cat like eyes closing in two half moons.

"Peanut butter sandwich." He spoke with a witty tone, it was revenge for all the stolen mooncakes. "I don't understand how he doesn't grow tired of it. It's basically all he eats every night."

"I don't know how to cook." Samuel defended himself.

"Next, Oscar." Chris spoke, pointing his finger at Luna.

Analyzing the man, Luna stared at his clothes, although they all wore plain black and white joggers. The man somehow, managed to make it look good, His jacket tied on his hip, allowing his shirt to steal the scene, it's sleeves long, yet tight enough to hug the curves of his arms muscles.

"Good taste in fashion." She pointed as she man gave a bright smile. It was the best compliment he could get.

Pointing at Amelia, she flushed a bit.

"He is like that mom that gives rides to everyone."

Being only one year younger than Luna and coming form a relatively wealthy family, Oscar drove a car of his own and never hesitated to offer rides, especially to Samuel and Maya, who he drove on the daily.

As the finger went to Maya she smiled.

"A man of culture." Flattered, Oscar tipped his head, as I holding a hat in a greeting.

"As per order, Maya." Chris spoke, faster this time, pointing at Amelia.

"Bubble tea." She was quick to point out the girl's usual treat.

As the finger turned towards Samuel, he didn't think twice.

"Sheep in wolf's skin."

Lifting his brow, Vroom stopped the game.

"Don't you mean Wolf in Sheep skin?"

Shaking his head, everybody understood what he meant.

"She is very sweet despite her tough persona." He corrected, making the girl blush, lowering her head, she hid herself inside her hair.

"Oh, okay. Pass." Chris spoke, pointing towards Lisa. "I really like this game."

"Badass."

"Okay, Fiery, you're next."

Pointing towards ATP, the man held his breath. He almost blurted out the name everyone had in mind. Realizing he was on TV, he calmly recollected himself.

"Tomboy."

As the finger turned towards Amelia, he didn't even realize before the name came out of her mouth.

"Felix." As she held her mouth, she noticed the mistake she made.

"Who is Felix?" Chris questioned confused.

Throwing daggers through her eyes at Amelia, Lisa put a smile on her face.

"My best friend." She spoke, correcting right after. "And also a model under the company."

"Ouch, straight into friendzone. Felix my friend I feel bad for you." Amy spoke, making the whole room laugh, because of the timing of the game, it left little to no time for the other hosts to enter the conversation.

"Felix, if you are watching this, I'm inviting you for a drink. Because after this one, you're gonna need it." Vroom spoke playfully towards the camera.

"He's sixteen. Knock it off." Luna corrected him. Making the man show his tongue childshly.

Breaking the weird mood, Chris pointed dramatically at Luna to end the discussion.

"About Lisa? Handsome."

Noticing as he had gathered the attention back to himself and the game, the man rushed to finish it to go towards the next scheduled activity.

"Then, finally, our last person. Luna."

Pointing at Oscar, the man didn't even think.

"coffee addict" He blurted out.

"She truly is, we used to have lunch together right? She would drink a whole bottle of coffee after we finished our meal, straight black coffee with a piece of chocolate if I remember correctly. She drank in a day what I would drink in a week." Vroom testified. "So you still didn't stop... Your liver must be necropsying."

Staring at the man, Chris lifted a brow.

"I'm surprised you even know what necropsying means." Amy spoke, stealing what Chris was thinking.

"Next." Chris interrupted, pointing at Maya.

"Workaholic." She said. Not allowing anyone to interrupt, Chris was quick to point at ATP. The man gave a weird smile.

"Willy Wonka."

"What?" Chris asked.

"She has this drawer on her office, that is filled with all typed of food, especially chocolate. She thinks no one notices it, but every time we go to her office, she gives one to us so we don't tell her manager. We call that drawer the Willy Wonka factory, but since it's too long just Willy Wonka or Wonka, but everyone at the company knows about it."

Staring at the boy, Luna was speechless. Sam was going to kill her. She could even imagine herself going back to her office only to see her desk with a missing drawer and her neck with a missing head.

"I feel a bit attacked." She lifted her hand, looking around at her surroundings.

Shaking his head, Chris clicked his tongue.

"It needs to be something about the person.

"Okay, let me change that. She's a great therapist. When we feel down we go bother her. Actually, she is actually the mom of the group. Her and Oscar, the two soccer moms." ATP said with an even larger and innocent smile. Leaving Luna once again, speechless as the youngsters were quick to agree.

"..."

As the program schedule progressed, Luna had grown tired. It was a very energetic program, which meant they would take turns into physical games and little interviews. As the program was ending, the last interview had started. This time, a more chill, fan to artist conversation. The questions made from social media as they had to answer.

"So, one question made by StepOnMeLunaSama. Wow, very dedicated fan as we can see. After you left the group, how is your relationship with the other members?" Amy read. "That is an interesting question."

"We are still friends. We spent so many years together that I don't even think something so small as me leaving the group could end our friendship." She gave a lighthearted smile.

"Next, to ATP. SuzzieNotBarbie asked, What does ATP stands for?" Vroom asked. "I was questioning that myself."

Rubbing the back of his neck, ATP laughed.

"Well, my real name is Alfred Thomas Pierce. Doesn't really sound like a cool stage name."

"Alfred sounds like you were born old." Samuel joked, making the group laugh.

"And Samuel doesn't." ATP snapped back.

"Touché my dude." He extended his hand, as they shook it.

"Anyway, so Luna suggested shortening it instead of completely changing it like I wanted to and ATP sounded really good, especially because it could be related to, you know, energy. Then we stuck with it, and amazingly it fit really well."

"It's a really cool name." Chris nod his head, looking at the monitor. "To Maya now, DontTellMyMom said, Maya, your body is goals, do you have any diet tips?"

Flushing a bit, Maya shook her head.

"I don't really diet, so I don't think I can tell you anything. Sorry."

"She eats rice like a maniac and drinks bubble tea everyday if it helps." Oscar intruded with a playful smile.

"Oh, I miss being young." Amy said dreamy. "Enjoy your body, and eat everything while you can."

"Don't worry, she's doing that." Samuel said, getting a light slap on the arm by the girl.

This one is for Lisa." Vroom said. "How did it feel to be scouted by Luna on the streets? Were you starstruck?"

"Of course I was, who wouldn't? It felt very surreal. She was really mature and sweet, very different than how she used to be on stage. Now that we are friends, sometimes it still feels surreal." Lisa spoke, her hand on her chest as her ears flushed red.

"Own, kiddo. I love you too." Luna extended her arms past Oscar's back to hug the girl, who did the same, both almost falling from their chair.

"Well, I guess time is up, I wish we could stay more, but the producers would kick us out. Thank you for watching us and until next time." Chris interrupted, as he ended the program.

Getting up from her chair, Luna went to hug the girl, because of Lisa's height, Her face rested a little above the other's chest, as she clinged onto Lisa sideways.

"Lunch is on me." Spoke. Towards the hosts and her company members.

"I thought you said dinner." Lisa spoke, looking at the woman on her arms.

"Oh, no. I already have plans at night."

—————————-
Hello, did you enjoy it?

Well, I know I have already spoken about it, and this is not a politic based story, but we are living a very important moment in humanity. I am not a US resident, nor am I black. But as a POC and a human, I think we are all here for each other, I am aware the wave towards BlackLivesMatters has passed (I'm talking media-wise), but it is not a trend that will pass. Black lives matters, it always has and always will. So we can't just close our eyes until things have changed. I will keep posting the link that you can help the BLM movement. Oppression against POCs is not happening only in the States, so, please search in your own country what you can do to help the cause.

blacklivesmatter.com

(I know that links don't work on Wattpad, you can type blacklivesmatter on Google, and if necessary, add your country and join it.)

Until next Wednesday. Stay safe, stay home and wash your hands. Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

607 76 26
"Sometimes you just have to look back at life and admire the all great things you have done. That is until you realise your name is Luna Teale Vale...
77.7K 2.6K 14
Their life after Twice would be so much different. What could possibly happen when they meet again at the age of late 30? After splitting for nearly...
1.3K 264 73
The life of a 21 yr old girl, who has drama all her life, even before she has met her idols. BTS, they've met before once when she was 16. Back then...
2.8K 886 13
"Have you ever wondered how chance can change the course of your entire life?" In the realm of everyday life and boundless aspirations, Lily's world...