Holy Water [Dean Winchester]

By theallylayne

Persephone Jackson has faced many things, but nothing has ever bothered her quite like Dean Winchester. Espec... More

TRAILER
Characters
Epigraph
1: Rabbit Feet and Stuff
2: Meeting the Winchesters
4: Devilish Step-Sisters
5: Hurricanes and Heroes
6: Death Saves the Day
7: Leaving Sin City
8: Psycho Killers
9: Bedtime Stories
10: Sam Might Be Gay
11: Dean and The Big Bad Wolf
12: CougarTown
13: The Green Monster
14: A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
15: A Few Blonde Visitors
16: Party Crashers
17: When Things Get Frisky
18: Drowning on Solid Ground
19: We've All Got Daddy Issues
20: The Vamp Tramp Named Lucy
21: Becoming The Monster
22: I Know You Get Deja Vu
23: Demigod Intervention
24: Sticking to the Plan
25: Missing the Misery
26: As Sweet As Meadowsweet
27: The Art of Saving the Winchesters
28: A Very Supernatural Christmas
29: The Improved Scooby Doo Gang
30: The Real Housewives of Witchy-Bitch Avenue
31: Introducing A New War
32: Where Lou Ellen Saves the Day
33: Truths of the Pit
34: The Fall into the Dreamscape
35: A Different Kind of Misery
36: A Different Kind of Darkness
37: Daddy Issues
38: The Journey Inside Dean's Mind
39: Heat of the Moment

3: Highway to Hell

18.9K 554 185
By theallylayne

Hey there, Readers!

Thank you so much for reading this story, it means a lot! I hope you are all enjoying this as much as I am! I am addicted to PJO and Supernatural so this is the best thing ever to me. Let me know what you think about this chapter with the clash of the two worlds!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

Persie was drinking some green tea when the boys finally made their way back into Bobby's kitchen. She was still working on the list for her uncle and was slowly starting to become impressed with herself as to how many monsters she's had to deal with over the years.

Unfortunately, with the Winchesters in town, she has the bad feeling that the list is going to grow even more by the time she's done with them.

She had popped a frozen pizza in the oven and was waiting patiently as the faint aroma of baked cheese and bread caught her nose.

Dean, the oldest Winchester, immediately spoke, "Bobby says you've been to hell-"

Bobby quickly cut him off. "The Underworld, ya idjit. A different thing altogether."

Persie's eyebrows lifted at the shifty looks that crossed the brother's faces. "Hell?"

Dean rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you know, the place where all the bad people go once they kick the bucket? Eternal fire? Torture?"

She shrugged. "I didn't say I've never heard of hell, hotshot. I just don't know what you want me to tell you about it."

"So you've been to the... uh, the Underworld?" Sam asked, furrowing his brows. "And you were alive?"

Persie let out a snicker. "It sounds odd, I know. My uncle Hades kidnapped my mom-"

"Woah- Uncle Hades?" Dean asked, eyes wide. "How many uncles do you have? And how is Hades your uncle?"

She laughed again. "My father is Poseidon, god of the seas," she told them. "The Greek and Roman gods from the myths are real- they're still kicking and breathing to this very day. And because they're alive, they're still in the business of hooking up with mortals."

Sam swallowed visibly. "Like in the myths?"

A crooked grin made its way onto her lips. "Exactly like the myths." She paused. "Only, they weren't myths. It was all true, give or take some small things that might have been changed over the years."

Dean plopped down at the table across from her. "So, these gods are all real?"

Persie nodded. "As real as you and I."

"She's had to go on some quests just like the heroes of old, too. With prophecies and everything," Bobby told the boys. "When my wife's sister was kidnapped by Hades, the god of the Underworld, Persie went on a quest to get her back."

She pursed her lips. "Amongst other things."

Sam took a seat right next to his brother and looked to her curiously as Bobby took the pizza out of the oven when the timer went off. "What do you mean, other things?" Sam asked.

Persie took a sip of her tea. This was going to take a while. "Well, I was twelve when I was nearly killed by my psychotic pre-algebra teacher-"

"What the-"

"She turned into a Furie, sent from Hades in the Underworld to capture me and bring me to him," she continued to explain, ignoring Dean's interruption. "They're basically demon-bat-like creatures that are really, really nasty things. I don't recommend ever running into one."

They shifted in their seats. "Noted," Dean muttered.

"Why haven't any Hunters ran into these... uh, Fury things?" Sam asked, tilting his head slightly. "You'd think by now someone would have run into them."

Persie let out a cough. "Well, that's just it. There's something called the Mist that disguises things from the godly world that normal mortals can't see. But because I'm a demigod-"

"Is that what you call yourself?" Dean asked sarcastically.

She snorted. "Besides being the legit Princess of the Sea, second-in-line to the throne in Atlantis, and Savior of Olympus two times over, yes, hotshot. I call myself a demigod."

He blinked and opened his mouth to say something, but one stern glare from Bobby made his mouth snap shut with an audible smack.

"Atlantis is real?" Uncle Bobby asked as he cut the pizza into moderately sized slices. "That's where your father lives?"

Persie nodded. "Yeah, and it's been hidden for so long because of the Mist. Mortals couldn't even locate the place even if they wanted to. Well, unless they have the sight, where they can see past the Mist and into reality, but most mortals who can are either parents to demigods, descendants of demigods, or in a psych ward somewhere."

Sam and Dean shared a look. "Good to know," Sam said, accepting a plate from Bobby as he passed out some pizza.

"Don't get used to it," Bobby grumbled as he dropped a plate in front of Dean. "Eat up, buttercup. There's more to the story than she's already shared."

The Winchesters looked at the mysterious green-eyed woman with slight shock. Dean immediately asked, "What else do you know about hell- or, well, the Underworld?"

She sighed. "After being there a few times-"

"You've been there more than once?" Sam asked, his eyes nearly popping out of his head.

Persie nodded again. "Well, yeah. Quests sometimes take me down there as well as other things. One of my friends is the son of Hades, the Prince of Ghosts. Or, he likes to call himself the Ghost King, but just because he can raise the dead-"

"Your friend can raise the dead?" Dean asked, looking from her over to Bobby. "How can you be okay with this?"

Bobby shrugged, taking a swig of beer. "Just gotta go with it, boy. I've learned to accept the crazy and deal with it over the years."

Sam rubbed a hand along his face. "Dad would freak."

"Yeah, well your dad's not here," Bobby said sternly. "He wasn't the most accepting person when it comes to this stuff, and probably would've tried to kill her anyway. But she's human where it matters, and is a warrior in her own right." The Winchester boys blinked through the shock that flooded their veins. "Now let her finish and stop cuttin' her off."

"I've been to the Underworld before, yes, and mostly for quest-like reasons. I saved my mom from Hades, I was kidnapped by Hades, got to meet a Titan that ended up going by Bob and later saved my life, and took a bath in the River Styx."

"What the hell is the River Styx?" Dean asked.

Sam had his own question at the same time. "Titans also exist?"

She sighed, turning to Sam first. "Yes, they're what predate the gods. The story about how the gods overthrew Kronos was right, and until recently, he was relatively lost to time."

"Until recently?"

Persie looked at Bobby hopelessly. "Do I have to explain everything?"

Her uncle rolled his eyes. "If you're gonna work with the boys they need to trust you, girl. Might as well give them the truth when they're not tryna kill you."

She nodded and turned to Sam with a grave look in her whirling green eyes. "Do you remember that massive storm system just a few years ago that ravaged most of the country?"

Sam and Dean looked between each other with their own nodding heads. Sam had been at school, Dean was working solo. That was one of the only times Sam got into contact with his brother, to make sure Dean wasn't on the path of destruction.

Persie nodded to herself, then. "Good, well, first things first: that wasn't a storm system, it was a massive monster called Typhon, and was being stopped by nearly all 12 of the Olympians. It took them all to defeat, which left Olympus open for slaughter and destruction."

Dean slowly raised a hand. "Isn't Olympus in Greece or something? Why would they come all the way to the United States? Or does the distance even matter?"

She shrugged. "I don't know much about the distance part, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. And, in all seriousness, Olympus isn't on top of Mount Olympus in Greece anymore. It hasn't been since the shift of the heart of Western Civilization when it moved to sit atop of the Empire State Building."

"Bullshit," Dean breathed, looking to his brother that was still gaping at the woman in shock.

Persie shrugged. "The elevator can take you up if you have access. The operator knows everything, and is a demigod descendent I think."

"How does this tie into Titans and stuff?" Dean asked.

"Kronos tried to take over Olympus, but because of a few brave demigods, he failed," she revealed and felt herself shaking at the memory of the blond boy kneeling in the middle of Olympus's throne room with blood seeping from the hole in his side. "I was destined to die on my 16th birthday, which is when all of this took place."

"A prophecy told you that?" Sam asked,

She nodded. "It's been around since before I was born. Which is why it was so bad that I was born in the first place, and put me on a track of quests and monsters everywhere I turned."

"So only a few of you fought?"

"No, it was all the demigods in our camp who fought including some allies. There was a battle that waged in the streets of Manhatten, but the god, Morpheus, had put everyone asleep so no one knew. It was a mess of monsters and blood," she explained, shivering at the flashes of memories that all of the sudden decided to hit her all at once.

"How was that not known?"

Persie shrugged. "The Mist. It's kept my kind secret for many millennia."

"No shit," Dean muttered.

"And as for my bath in the River Styx? I had to become invincible just as Achilles was, as Kronos's human host did the same thing. I needed to be on equal ground if I were to stand a chance at battle with him," she explained.

"Achilles?" Dean asked.

"He was a demigod in the myths that was dipped into the River Styx by his mother when he was a baby," Sam told his brother, gaining more confidence as Persie nodded in agreement. "Where she held him, his heel, was his vulnerable spot and when he was shot in the heel by an arrow, he died."

Dean looked at her like she had three heads. "And you just hopped in there for a bath?"

She rolled her eyes. "I had to fight my way through it, hotshot. It wasn't as easy as the myths make it sound. If you don't have something tethering you to your mortality, you could die."

"So you were invulnerable to monsters," Sam continued. "Does that mean you still are?"

She sighed, leaning back into her chair while getting ready for the next part to her Tragic Backstory. "No. I was kidnapped by the goddess Hera after all of this and woke up without any memories, save for my best friend, Annabeth's name. I had to drink some gorgons blood to survive an attack, and ended up burning away the invulnerability that I had."

"Well, that sucks," Dean muttered.

"Agreed, hotshot."

"Anything else we need to know?" Sam asked, looking at her curiously once more.

She shrugged again. "Not that's too important, no. I've been chased by monsters nearly my entire life, so there's plenty of stories I can share sometime by a campfire if I'm drunk enough."

"What kind of monsters?" Dean asked.

Persie handed over the list she had been making. "Here, Bobby asked me to write them all down for you guys."

The boys immediately took to reading the list, their eyes getting wider and wider the further down they read.

Uncle Bobby let out a chuckle. "I told ya this shit's weird."

Persie let out a snort. "Says the one who fights demons and other monsters and stuff. Honestly, I had no clue until mom sat me down a few weeks ago."

He smiled softly, his eyes far away back in time. "Your ma was one of the lucky ones who got out." A small frown tugged at the corners of his lips. "But it seems she got sucked into something completely different."

She nodded. "And at times, a lot bigger than anything she should have to deal with. I'm just glad Estelle has two mortal parents, for one."

Bobby cracked a grin. "It'll be nice to meet the little tyke."

"So... uh, you didn't know about her father until recently?" Sam asked, looking at Bobby with curiosity. "But her mom knew about both worlds?"

He nodded. "Sally got out, Karen wasn't that lucky."

Persie's lips pursed again at the reminder of her deceased aunt. "She's okay, though. I met her in the Underworld," she revealed, taking in the men's shocked stares. "She misses you, and is waiting for you when your time comes."

Bobby gulped. "No kiddin'?"

She nodded as sliver lined her eyes.

"She wanted me to make sure you knew she doesn't blame you," she continued. "Auntie didn't tell me why I had to tell you that, but just so you know."

Dean stood up and clapped Bobby on the shoulder wordlessly as the older man gulped down the rest of his beer, then turned around to pour a glass of straight whiskey. "Thanks, girl."

She nodded, taking a sip of her cooled green tea as the oldest Winchester poured another glass for himself, nearly draining it in one go. "Why'd you want to know about the Underworld?" she asked.

Dean's eyes met hers. "Sammy died, and I had to make a deal."

Persie felt her brows raise in shock. She turned to look at Sam, who was now looking down at the table with a sad, angry set face. "How'd that happen?"

She was shocked to learn that the demon that killed their mother had targetted Sam and that he had weird freaky psychic powers that could stop demons. She was even more shocked to learn that after Sam was murdered, Dean went right to a crossroads demon and sold his soul to bring his brother back.

She's glad Nico never knew about crossroad demons. Or, if he did, she's glad they wouldn't make him a deal. Sometimes having a powerful parent helps even when you don't think it does at the time.

"So you're literally on the road to hell," she voiced, looking at the man in front of her slightly differently with this newfound information. She could understand the loyalty and love it would take to sacrifice yourself for someone you love.

She's done the same.

"Yep," Dean choked out, taking another swig of some whiskey, relishing in the burn it left going down. "I'm on the highway to hell, alright."

Persie rolled her eyes. "Calm down there, ACDC, I'll see if there's anything either my friend or my uncle can do- or something I could do to help you get out of that contract. It'll be hard to go through two different deities to do it, so I can't make promises," she added when she saw Sam perk up at her words. "But I can promise you I'll try my damndest to keep you from that place. There's nothing good about it."

She felt like she was falling, just like she was falling down into the pit. Hold it together. She took a shaky sip of her now cold tea. You're not there anymore. You and Annabeth got out.

Luckily, the others didn't notice her small moment of weakness. "Thank you," Dean choked out. He obviously wasn't used to kindness from strangers. Persie wasn't surprised given his job description. "Thank you so much."

She nodded. "But I want to go with you guys on these... uh, hunts, or whatever you call them. I think I could help, you know. Go from one set of monsters to another. It would be fun."

The boys looked between each other in silent conversation.

"Fine," Dean finally spoke, eyes narrowing in on her own. "But as soon as you mess up, we're sending your tiny ass straight back here."

Persie held her hands up in mock surrender. "All I'm asking is for one shot."

Dean quirked a grin. "Looks like you've got yourself a deal."

Sam coughed. "Uh, Dean? Poor choice of words."

The older Winchester blinked. "Oh, yeah. My bad." His green eyes studied her green eyes, and she didn't deny the slight tug she felt in her gut in response.

What am I? A teenager?

"When do we start?" She asked, wringing her hands together anxiously.

Dean smirked. "Slow your roll, Princess. We just got here."

Bobby looked at him knowingly. "I need you to work on the Colt while Sam looks for any jobs," he instructed, then turned to the girl nearly vibrating in excitement. "And you, Persie? We're gonna get you a blade that works on mortals. And, we gotta get you a gun."

She winced. "I was hoping you wouldn't say that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 763 46
While the death of her father remains mysterious to her, 23 year old Olivia Scott meets the Winchester. While meeting them, she discovers the things...
51.7K 1.1K 54
It's been 15 years since Parker left Dean and rescued their children from his demonic alter ego. But when she disappears in a series of strange event...
2.9K 84 42
Dean's got a year to live. Sam is trying desperately everyday to find a way to save him. And angels are telling Ivanna Lee Hope that the Winchesters...
85.6K 3K 40
❝𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐧. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞�...