Scion University

By dementedlybroke

A hidden university that only accepts two kinds of students; the smart and the brilliant. This university ha... More

[ Prologue ]
[ Chapter 1 - Cana Vandia ]
[ Chapter 2 - House of the Brave ]
[ Chapter 3 - A Welcoming Fight ]
[ Chapter 4 - A Team for Two ]
[ Chapter 5 - No Warm-Up ]
[ Chapter 6 - A Private Talk ]
[ Chapter 7 - Challenge Accepted ]
[ Chapter 8 - Aftermath ]
[ Chapter 9 - Unknown Number ]
[ Chapter 10 - A Confession or Two ]
[ Chapter 11 - Envious of a Clown ]
[ Chapter 12 - A Journal ]
[ Chapter 13 - The Owner ]
[ Chapter 15 - Sports Fest ]
[ Chapter 16 - Ace Quits ]
[ Chapter 17 - The Prideful One ]
[ Chapter 18 - The Final Event ]
[ Chapter 19 - London Baby ]
[ Chapter 20 - Big Ben ]
[ Chapter 21 - Ace's Past ]
[ Chapter 22 - A Threat ]
[ Chapter 23 - A Prideless Action ]
[ Chapter 24 - Meeting Vandia ]
[ Chapter 25 - Dr. Sony ]
[ Chapter 26 - Abigail's Party ]
[ Chapter 27 - Three Shots ]
[ Chapter 28 - A Night with Tine ]
[ Chapter 29 - Joey Juarez ]
[ Chapter 30 - 65th Anniversary ]
[ Chapter 31 - To Italy ]
[ Chapter 32 - Chivalry ]
[ Chapter 33 - Reconciled ]
[ Chapter 34 - Human Heist ]
[ Chapter 35 - In the Basement ]
[ Chapter 36 - Golden Epitaph ]
[ Chapter 37 - His Vow ]
[ Chapter 38 - To Meet Vandia Again ]
[ Epilogue ]

[ Chapter 14 - Formulating Groups ]

127 34 15
By dementedlybroke

"His name is Edward Stillon," Ace stated. 

"He should have graduated together with batch 1999 but he was not able to due to the incident. His record is cleared except for his personal information. There was no reason why he transferred in his third year. He stopped attending Scion Univ before Mid Year Examination was over," Ace stated all the facts he found out. 

I still could not get over the fact that the victim was a guy. Ace and I always referred to him as a girl, maybe because victims of such cases are normally girls. 

The thought that the owner of the journal was a guy never even crossed my mind. 

In this world we live in, the victims of such abusive actions are not always girls, males are victims as well. 

"Is he still alive?" I managed to  ask, afraid to know about the answer. 

"I looked him up online, there was no news or records about him but I found an article about a guy being forced into a Mental Hospital on the same month that Edward was banished from the school,"  he paused and scanned me for a second.

"I'm betting my life on it that it was him. I looked up for his family members online, they are a group of business people. I looked them up online but as I have expected there was no trace of Edward having been born in their household. They are pretending that he never even existed. Luckily, I found news that the family always travels to London, they would do so every now and then, sometimes as a family, sometimes as individuals so I looked up on it more,"  Ace was showing me some screenshots that he took. 

"And then?"

"I think Edward is held in London. So I continued to search and eventually found out that his family started to donate at the Nightingale Hospital in the same year. I tried to search for other relatives of the family that might be admitted there but there was none, they wouldn't just donate and do charity works for that hospital without a goal,"  he bit his lower lips. 

He was able to get so much information on Edward in just one day, how good was he?

Soon, we headed out of the library. I went out first and after a few minutes, he followed. We never talked when we were out in the hallways, but he would always message me. 

From Ace: Make sure to eat your dinner. You heading back to your dorm?

To Ace: I will, you too. I'm heading to Anne's room first, we still need to discuss the players for Sports Fest. 

From Ace: Don't sit next to your BoY bEsTFrIeND, and good luck. We'll still win. 

I managed to glance back at him and roll my eyes. 

From Ace: I love you, Vandia. 

I smiled on my phone. 

To Ace: I love you too, Juarez. 

When I pressed send, I found someone overtaking me in the hallway, it was him. 

"Don't smile so widely at your phone, you might trip and fall for me again," he said before he left. 

Cocky bastard. 

Anne and Tony were almost finished with the participants for the events when I got there. Both of them were lying in bed in their phones, three bags of chips were beside them and opened can of beers were on the floor. 

"Why are the two of you drinking?" I smirked. 

"Anne is mad," Tony stated. 

"Tony got rejected," Anne laughed. 

They didn't seem drunk but they acted like it. 

I can't believe I was friends with these two. They were both so childish at times despite the fact that they were both smart and brilliant. I continued to glare at the two of them and they laughed. In the end, I had to join them. 

I missed being with them like this. Ever since Ace's and Tony's fight, we barely hung out like this. It was true that there was no more tension between Tony and me but the three of us were always busy. 

"You smell like old books, where were you?" Tony rubbed his nose. 

"Library," I sighed recalling what I did the whole day. 

"More like, Loverary," Anne smiled at me cheekily. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the list of players from Tony's hand. 

They had made great groups out of people. We were familiar with everyone in the house so we knew exactly where to place them, of course, there were those people who requested to be in the events they wanted to play at, we had let them be. 

The only students whom we were not familiar with were the first years. Prior this week, I had already asked the student representative of Freshman to create a list of the first year's strengths and weaknesses. We had decided on their event using that. 

"Which events are left?"  I asked. 

"Capture the flag, Quidditch, Chess, and Taekwando Women," Tony read out loud. 

"Taekwondo Woman? Since when did we have that event? Can't Mikaela do it?" I asked. 

"It is the same time as Judo, Mikaela would do better there," Anne sighed. 

"Any first years?" I asked. 

"You know we don't really get a  lot of  athletic people in our team, right?" Tony sighed. 

"But we have two, one practices judo and the other is karate. Sadly, they are both guys." 

Most of our martial artist had graduated last year, no wonder we had so many vacant spots for the martial arts category. 

"How about me?" I suggested. Anne and Tony jolted up from bed, looking at me wide eye. 

"I used to be a red belt in karate, is it that far from taekwondo?" I asked Tony. 

Tony stared at me in disbelief. I never really mention that I used to learn Karate simply because they never asked, I was not keeping it a secret or anything. 

"Yeah, it is quite near, I  can also teach you some moves but the problem is that most likely you're going to face Abigail from Beta. She is quite the girl," Tony was hesitant. "If you really are a red belter, you can most likely climb up to the second place. The thing is Abigail do not go easy on her opponent, last year she actually broke her opponent's leg and claimed it was an accident." 

"On top of that, martial art events are held on Day 1, if we lose you on the first day, we would most likely lose Volleyball, Netball, Amazing Race, Lawn Tennis and Capture the Flag," Anne bawled out. 

"Capture the Flag?" I smirked at the two of them. I've been playing in the other four events before but never was I involved in Capture the Flag. 

"Yeah, we want you in that event, no butts," Anne was laughing cheekily. 

I frowned at her, this means I had no rest time during the three days of Sports Fest. I was not complaining about it, I always loved playing for the house I just didn't realize I would be fully booked just like last year. 

"Who else is in the team?" I asked. 

"Jaymie is playing, I heard she is good at hiding and she also seems to be very agile. There are two seniors, Rickey and Mayward. Three others from our batch, Jessica, Ruffus, and Lee. These people are those who played during Track and Field day and won, they are all agile and quick. We need two more," Tony flipped through the page. 

It was a good team. Rickey, Mayward, Jessica, and Ruffus are all athletes. Lee and Jaymie weren't, but they were small and smart, they could definitely help. 

"Let's add Peter and Johnson,"  I decided. "Those two are athletes from the fourth year as well, they would make a great tag team, also their families both own gun shops, they would be good with guns."

Tony looked at me amazed a little, I guess they haven't thought that far. 

Colour guns were used during Capture the Flag, a hit would have them frozen for three minutes. Having members who are good at both running and shooting was necessary. 

Considering all areas in a game was needed in creating a good team. 

This was the reason why a lot of students voted for me during last year's election. Last year, I was the one who arranged the players for the events during Sports Fest and Iota reigned champion. 

I may be dumb at times but I was quite proud of my tactics and plans for such events. 

It was very rare for an Iota to know any sports at all. It was really hard to plan such a thing when there are barely any athletes, we had to reuse a lot of people most of the time.  

Iotas were all smart but they lack the physical strength which is why events like Sports Fest were very hard for us to win. 

It was rare to have people like me, Tony and Anne in the house, any students who are athletic one way or another. One who knows sports, like the three of us, usually stands out and takes a place in the executive committee. 

"So Capture the Flag is settled, how about Taekwondo?" Tony wrote down on the list. 

"I can do it. Tony clear your schedule tomorrow, I need you to teach me some moves." 

Tony was still hesitant, I bet he didn't want me getting hurt by Abigail but I wasn't going to allow that to happen anyway. I wanted to win. 

"Fine," Tony gave in after a while. "Sometimes, I actually wonder if you truly belong to Iota instead of Beta."  

I knew I was brave and have some traits of Beta but I also knew that I was more smart and wise. Normally I would be disgusted by that thought but recently, I have been seeing that maybe there was something good about those students in Beta. Maybe we have been labeling them wrongly. 

I recalled Ace and Ceasar who were both cocky, given, but kind and nice as well. 

"I'm telling you  Anne if you end up having an injury that day, I will personally murder you," Anne sighed when she realized that my mind was already made up.  

"Looking forward to it," I smiled. 

"So how about chess? Our best player Iris is already gone," Anne asked. 

"Is that even a question? Requiel should take her place," I smirked. 

"Who is that?" both their eyes furrowed. 

"It's a first-year, his dad won the world chess tournament for three years straight already," I smiled. 

"How do you know about all these things when you barely have any friends?" Anne smirked. 

"I guess people with potential always gets my attention," I shrugged. 

"That's why she befriended us," Tony scoffed. 

"Did not! I actually thought Anne was a bitch and you were a weirdo when I first met the two of you," I laughed and Anne gave me a betrayed look. Tony shooked his head looking disappointed. 

I took a hold of Anne's pillow and hit her with it. Anne screamed in pain, sarcastically, but her dog started barking at me. Even her cat seemed pissed. 

"See Macha's mad at you," she laughed and rubbed her dog's belly to calm him down.

"So the last one is Quidditch," I commented when I glanced on the list of paper. 

"I heard Ivan was planning on taking the event on with his team?" I continued. 

Ivan was Iota's House Head last year. He was someone I admired when I was still the treasurer of our executive committee. When he lost to me this year, the two of us drifted apart. He is also an engineering student so the two of us would always work on problems together during classes that we shared. Sadly, he stopped approaching me. I wanted to approach him but I was afraid that he would think I was mocking him. 

Recently, I also heard rumors about him talking badly about this year's executive committee but I would always ignore it.

"We don't feel secured with them, I was planning on putting Tony in the group but that would mean taking one of their members off,"  Anne sighed at the dilemma. 

"The score for Quidditch was a mare 40 points, I don't really mind losing it if ever that they sabotage it," I gave them a small smile. Anne and Tony sighed but ended up agreeing with me anyway. 

I just hope Ivan's house pride still remains and he won't don't anything to sabotage the game. 

After finalizing the list, I was finally able to head back to my room. 

Tomorrow was the last day before Sports Fest, I was going to train my body off and learn the techniques that Tony would teach me. I knew I had to sleep early so I would be active tomorrow but my mind kept me awake. 

It was frustrating, Edward Stillon won't leave my mind. 

I knew I had to figure out the whole situation soon, I want to help. I don't stand idle when I know there is something I can do, something Ace and I could do. 

We will help him. We will serve justice to him but I knew I needed someone else's help, someone who knows how the law works. 

My brother, Chase's help. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:"))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 73.1K 79
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐬' 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★✯★ It's a proven fact that the things we lose have a way of returning to us i...
514 257 20
Welcome to Princeton Academy, one of the most elite universities in the world...where nothing and no one is at it seems... It's home of the Dragon, S...
3.7K 81 34
You are a new student in a school. The most mysterious boy comes to you and helps you. Only to find out his secret. Two other boys take a quick likin...
4.9M 121K 55
Ivy is a poor, misunderstood girl who isn't afraid to stick up for herself. The Lost Boys are four wealthy boys that are used to getting whatever the...