Negative Law Of Attraction

By VasilisaDragomir

**I started this when I was 11. It's in the process of being edited** Avery Collins never knew her older brot... More

Character List
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
New Book
Austin and Avery
WHERE IS THE REST OF THIS BOOK?
DREAME

Chapter 9

430K 10.8K 1.6K
By VasilisaDragomir

I stood there leaning on a red car, who it belonged to remained unknown to me. I was deep in concentration when a laugh erupted. My head whipped to the source and saw it was Damon who was still talking up the girl. I rolled my eyes and walked over to them.

"Next monday" He smirked. I reached them just as he said that.

"What's next monday?" I asked butting into the conversation.

"My next fight" Damon looked at me briefly before turning back.

Right. Okay. I made an 'O' shape with my mouth before asking again. "So, who's this?" I asked that question twice tonight.

"This pretty young thing, is Georgia" Damon said looking at her but answering me. He lifted his eyebrows and widened his eyelids slighty.

"Hi" I smiled at her.

She smiled back. "Hey, and you're Avery?" She asked.

"Sure am"

"Austin's mentioned you once" She smirked. Uh-oh what's that supposed to mean.

"Yeah..uh i've met him" I said unsure of what to say.

"And you're hanging out with him tonight" She used her fingers as qoutation marks. "I'd be careful, if i were you"

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Well, to be honest, i hate him, he's a jerk, but because i'm in his gang i-" I cut her off.

"You're in his gang?!" I raised the tone in my voice.

"Yeah" She smirked. "As i was saying, because i'm in his gang i have to put up with him, which let's me see what he does, he plays girls"

"Yeah i know" I whispered, looking down. Who was i to say he'd actually like me, i couldn't change him, i was probably just another one of those girls who were full of hope and dreams.

"No, i'm serious, you don't know how bad it is, he two times, he's that bad. We're talking about the King of Players" She looked at me seriously.

Georgia looked down at her watch. "Sorry i got to go start the race" She started to push pass.

"Nice talking to you beautiful" Damon called out after her.

She looked behind. "You too" She smirked and went to the starting line.

Everyone started to crowd around near the line, it was darker now but the street lights gave us a clear view of everything.

"You coming?" Damon raised a brow.

"Yeah i'll catch up" I gave him a smile.

"What's wrong?" Concern crossed his face.

"Nothing"

"Come over soon" He walked off, giving me one last unsure look.

I thought about what Georgia said, he two timed? he actually had the nerve to date two girls at a time, if he even called it dating. What if he was chatting me up, and some other girl? I suddenly grew nervous about tonight, worry filled my mind.

"Austin Gray and Tyler Johnson!" Georgia read from the piece of paper, loudly.

Austin finished working on his car and looked around, his eyes caught mine from where i was far from the crowd leaning on a wall with a worries face. Confusion showed on his face and once he realised i wasn't there cheering a look of hurt was shown then passed just as quick. I gave him a weak, fake smile which seemed to become happy again.

He smirked and got in his Nissan then drove to where the starting line was and where the Tyler kid's green car sat.

"Ready!" She began to lift her flags. A feeling of de-ja-vu happened.

"Set!" She lifted them up.

"Go!" She yelled, dropping them.They lurched forward, with a screeching sound.

Soon they were out of sight racing around a corner. I breathed out loud and sunk down to the ground. Music began to play, bursting out of the large speakers surrounding us, i looked around at everyone who was having and then at Georgia who was smirking at a guy who's mouth dropped when she bent down to pick something up. Okay, she clearly wasn't a slut, but she did enjoy teasing the boys. Which i liked about her, she didn't care, i laughed and shook my head.

Sarah and James, seemed to be hitting it off, they were laughing and talking to Jake's gang with Maddy. Gabby seemed to disappear somewhere, i shrugged, she probably had to get something. Then i saw Austin's gang all huddled talking, looking more like deliquents than they did at school, Joel was smoking, and i scrunched up my nose, the rest were drinking something, alcohol was my wild guess. I inhaled, exhaled then got up and started walking to where, the group was. I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"Oh hey Ave glad you could join us" Kyle rolled his eyes. I smiled.

"Me too" I said confusing him. He looked taken a back.

"What?"

"I actually don't know" I laughed.

"You didn't feed her any of those hash brownies did you" Liam looked at Jake, horrified.

"What? no! of course not" Jake laughed holding a beer.

"Oh my gosh, do they have vodka cruisers?" I asked, eagerly.

"Yeah...." Reece trailed off.

"See ya!" I shouted behind me, after running away and to where the drinks were. Laughter erupted behind.

"Just one!" Jake called after me, un ease in his voice.

I reached the bar and looked around. There was a guy standing behind the bar, around his 20's talking on his phone. I walked over and smiled, he said a quick bye to whoever he was talking to and smiled back.

"What would you like?" He asked. He wore a grey plaid shirt and dark blue jeans.

I sat on one of the bar stools. "Can i please have a vodka cruiser?" 

"Sure, i'm guessing you're under age?" He asked and chuckled.

"How'd you know" I gave him a sheepish smile.

"Usually people will say" He started to air quote. "A vodka cruiser"

"Well, i just happen to be a polite person" I laughed. He passed me a vodka cruiser and i started to drink it's sweet sensation.

"So, what are you doing here, you're not like the other girls, wearing literally no clothes and are all over the guys" He nudged his head towards the crowd.

I shrugged. "I'm here for my brother. Jake" 

"Jake Collins?" I nodded. "He's a really good racer" He said.

"How old are you?" I blurted out. I couldn't help but wonder, he had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, i was a sucker when it came to them. He wasn't as attractive as Austin, i don't think anyone could be, but this guys was really cute.

"I'm 22, you?" He chuckled.

"17" I rested my head on my hand and continued drinking. "You're not in a gang are you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes" 

"Nah" 

"Well i've found my new bestfriend" I stuck my hand out. "Avery"

He shook it, with an eyebrow up. "Adam" 

"Most of my new friends are in a gang" I rolled my eyes.

"Ah, i see, well sure i can be your new bestfriend" He grew a big grin.

I laughed. "Yay" I finished my cruiser and he took it away to put it in the bin.

"Do you want another one?" He asked.

"Yeah" 

He handed me another drink. Silence passed over us, it was awkward but only because i just met him, i took a sip. Our eyes caught each other and for a second we just held eye contact, i was the first one to break it with a smile.

I heard cars and knew it was Austin and Tyler racing back. I stood from my seat and turned to Adam. "Thanks, for the drink" 

He smiled. "Anytime, i'll catch you later tonight?"

"For sure" I smiled.

I walked out of the little garage type bar, and walked over to where the crowd stood with the music still blasting out of the speakers. Austin and Tyler's car came into view and Tyler was far behind Austin looking a little bashed up. Austin grew closer and sped up so their would be a bigger gap between him and Tyler.

When Austin got to the finish line he slowed down and ended up a few metres from the line. All the girls and i mean all the girls except for Sarah, Maddy, Georgia and I, ran over to Austin to congratulate him. 

He searched the crowd and saw me with my cruiser. He half-smiled and nodded, i sent him back a little wave. Was he really serious about tonight? I mean like it was going to be the first time. 

"Hey guys, want to come back to mine, and celebrate Jake's win?" Gabby suddenly spoke, causing me to jump. When did she come back? but where did she go in the first place?

Jake and his gang, Sarah, James and Maddy all nodded and said yes, saying they had nothing else to do for the rest of tonight. I on the other hand was stuck, it's not like i could go, i had Austin to hang out with tonight. 

"Avery?" Gabby asked, looking at me.

"Um, i can't, i'm catching up with Austin" 

"Why bother? he's going to play you anyway" She gave me a sad smile.

"Well, i said yes to hanging out with him, it wouldn't be fair" I knew he was going to play me and i hated him for it, but a promise is a promise.

"You can say sorry, when you see him on Monday, he's probably going to forget about you anyway" She said, but to me it sounded harsh and felt like a pang to my heart.

"I agreed to it, though" I said sternly. I looked back at where Austin was laughing and drinking with his friends. He looked over and smiled.

"He doesn't care" She said in a monotone. Everyone looked at Gabby while i looked at her with hurt.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"He took family, and i'll never get them back" She looked down. I nodded.

All my thoughts of leaving Austin vanished, who did he take? why would he do something like that to hurt a girl who's probably never hurt him before.

Everyone started walking to their cars, pushing past the other people who stood in their way. People were dancing and it started to get loud. Gabby and I got in the car and silence made a quick entrance, Kyle also got in the car and gave me a short, understanding, sad smile. 

When Gabby started to pull out Austin looked over at me and confusion clouded his face, i mouthed 'sorry' to him but i don't think he saw me mouth it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gabby" Damon slurred out, Georgia sat under his arm. "You should've let Ave stay, Austin's not going to be happy"

They all sat around a large table at Gabby's house no mansion it was massive and it only housed herself. 

"No i shouldn't of, she would've been hurt" She shook her head and took a sip of her drink.

"Look at her" Liam looked over at me with pity. I sat next to him drinking another cruiser, i was playing games on my phone and didn't want to include myself in the conversation. The effects of the alcohol began to creep up and my head felt numb.

"No i'm not angry, i understand, i'm just a little scared of how Austin's going to react" I looked at Gabby.

"I would be too" They boys nodded.

When they went back to talking, i studied them, no not in a pedophile kind of way. Georgia and Damon looked pretty cute together, i could tell Georgia kept her 'playing hard to get' charade on, which kept Damon more interested in her. 

Gabby and Jake, although they weren't a couple, they sure acted like one. Jake always looked at Gabby in a way he wouldn't look at other girls. 

Maddy who i haven't talked to much, seemed to fit in with the guys, there was no flirting happening but it was just a cool atmosphere between her and them. 

My mind didn't want to let go of the 'Austin' situation. I didn't like him that was for sure, i could feel it but i could also feel that i was interested and i wanted to know more about him. I was curious, i guess i could call it. 

"Oh no!" I suddenly jumped up knocking the chair i sat on.

"What?!" Kyle sounded alarmed.

"I ditched Adam!"

"Too boys in one night, naughty girl" Caleb laughed.

"Who's Adam?" Jake asked.

"The bartender guy" I smiled. "My new bestfriend"

"Nice to know i'm loved" Maddy huffed.

"You are" I winked.

"Adam, yeah i know that kid" Reece said after thinking about it.

"Really?" I asked.

"Do you want his number?" He offered pulling out his phone.

"Yes, please" He gave me his number and i went to the next room to call him. 

"Hi Adam, it's Avery, sorry for ditching you tonight, this is my number, call or message me whenever" I spoke into the voicemail, once he didn't answer. I could of and should of called Austin, but i didn't have the guts to hear what he would say, so i just messaged him a quick 'sorry' and turned my phone off.

That night Kyle, gave my drinks after drinks until eventually i passed out, the last thing i felt was myself fall and my head throbbing in pain.

-This chapter wasn't what you expected, did you? mwahahaha >:D

-Tabby :)

vote, fan, comment, you know the drill :) xo 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 4.3K 31
Hi guy's!!! So this is my first book and i started it when i was in like 7th grade so the beginning chapters are not that great, but once it's finish...
1M 23.5K 42
Xena deli is california's badass She causes havoc everywhere She's a party animal but what happens when one day she's gets kicked out of her 23rd s...
226K 5.4K 21
Avery Hunter was a normal popular girl. She is loved by all of her friends and she is really pretty. But one day she has to drop everything and move...
2.9K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...