Wicked Seduction

By the_spicy_author

It takes a player to know a player. Feisty Vera Richland is about to find out in a wicked game of seduction w... More

Before you start...
Aesthetics
1 Recipe for desire
2 The secret's in the sauce
3 An affair to forget
4 Misters X and Y
5 The Church
6 Angel eyes
7 He's no angel
8 House of love
9 You taste like candy
10 Dopamine rush
11 I crave you
12 Dirty talk
13 The huntress
14 Damian
15 Onboard Artemis
16 Diamond among jewels
17 Hope bites back
18 Manhattan blues
19 Mother of surprises
20 The bombshell
21 You bloody bastard!
22 Daddy Jim
23 The invisible bond
24 New Year's Day
25 A tempest of all storms
26 Love is cruel
27 You look beautiful tonight
28 Stay with me
29 I wear your scars
30 Symphony of silence
31 Master of secrets
32 Christmas games
34 Arabian nights
35 Julian!
36 The eagle's scars
37 Brothers in arms
38 No mercy
39 Revelations
40 The viper's lair
41 Orion and the scorpion
42 Fight or flight
43 Live for love
44 Orion and Artemis
Epilogue
Update

33 Welcome to my family

3.8K 170 31
By the_spicy_author

Song for the mood: I got you covered by Sofia Karlberg. A snippet of the lyrics:

I can see you hurtin'
I've been through the same thing
Baby, don't you worry
I got you

Vera

A few months later

"This is outrageous!" Alistair's temper exploded like a grenade in his office. He threw the magazine at my feet.

I picked it up, saw the smut on the cover, and then flipped to the article, scanning it before placing it on the coffee table by my side.

"It's just tabloid rubbish." I stroked my hot-tempered lover's arm. His reddened cheeks ticked in heated anger.

"It's a media campaign attack!" Alistair blasted. "Clearly, someone is paying Rebecca to pour shit on me."

The magazine, Lester Harbor Exposed, was a popular gossip rag with wild headlines and vulgar photos of the rich and famous.

The latest exposé featured Alistair's former lover, Rebecca Ross, who called him a whoring, cheating playboy who gave her gonorrhea. That last part was not true because his previous test results showed he was clean.

She posed nude, showing her "new" breasts, which she claimed was a gift from Alistair when they were together. They didn't bother covering up her nipples-the budding actress probably enjoyed the attention.

"Alistair is a sex addict who invited other women to share our bed," Rebecca said in the article. "Ménage à trois became a regular activity for us. He's not capable of love and will only break hearts. I hear he's dating a lawyer. Whoever you are, stay away from him because he will tear you apart."

"Alistair, this is a joke," I scoffed. "You can't take this bullshit seriously. Honestly."

"Your girlfriend is right," a cold voice confirmed. Bianca Cavalli walked into the office, smelling like sweet temptation with her high heels, flowing locks of ebony hair, and a tight dress.

"Bianca, thanks for coming at short notice. I hope I didn't ruin any plans you may have had this evening." Alistair greeted his former lover with a light kiss on her cheek.

"Vera, please sit next to me," Bianca commanded, taking a seat on a leather sofa. I sat down, mirroring Bianca, and clasped my hands.

"You've heard of Lester Harbor Daily and the biweekly Lester Harbor City News, I'm sure," she said.

I nodded in awe of the cold-as-ice queen bee. I admired Bianca's cream dress, which contrasted beautifully with her smooth chocolate skin.

"I haven't properly introduced myself. My full name is Bianca Cavalli. The Cavalli Media Group owns both the Daily and City News."

"What does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"Everything," Alistair said. He stood by the forty-fifth-floor window and stared at the city lights under the night sky. He and I worked in the same building and met up in the evening so he could drive me home. That was if he was in town and not on a business trip.

"Alistair tells me that he's invested in you," Bianca continued.

"Are you two planning my life already?" I questioned, raising one eyebrow.

"No, but we're doing what we can to protect you," the media magnate affirmed. "There's a smear campaign against both of you. Someone with money and influence is paying the media and feeding them with sources to speak against Alistair and you."

"Scotty, we can sue Rebecca for defamation and anyone else who pulls this shit," I said, turning to Alistair.

"Rebecca will be hearing from my lawyer in the morning," he answered, tightening his lips.

Bianca looked me straight in the eye. "There will be more news about you, my dear. It won't be from the Daily or any of my publications, but there will be more media attacks. We will do whatever we can to help you."

"How?"

"For starters, I will provide you with the media training you need as of next week. Secondly, we'd like to feature you and Alistair as Lester Harbor's darling couple in the next edition of the Daily's features section. You can talk about life, family, and your relationship to make you relatable to readers."

"Will we see the article before it goes to print?" I asked.

"Of course," Bianca promised, placing her hand on mine.

***

Alistair

"Bianca, thank you for taking the time to meet with us," I said, rubbing Vera's back.

"That's what friends do," Bianca answered absently, checking her mobile phone.

"Vera, I need a minute alone with Bianca." I patted my woman's hand, then turned to my ex-lover. "Bianca, I need a word with you."

"Sure," Bianca replied.

Vera shrugged her shoulders and headed to the coffee machine in the foyer before I closed my office door.

"What's going on between you and Dominic?" I questioned.

"My husband is living with his mistress these days. He rarely visits the kids at home," Bianca replied.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. You've done nothing wrong."

"There's something else you're not telling me. What is it? Did your reporter find any more information about Holly James or if it's Saira who hurt Vera?"

"We can't confirm that it's Saira, but it makes sense that she would want to destroy you and her ex-lover's sister. Saira is furious, but she's also been reticent lately."

"That's not a good sign."

"No, it isn't."

"How about Holly?"

"My reporter received information from a reliable source that the woman who paid Holly money and promised to get her sister out of jail was also responsible for putting her sister in jail, to begin with. Holly doesn't know that."

"Oh? You're sure about this?"

"Scotty, June is the Daily's best investigative journalist. She works with credible sources. I can count on her, and she won't say a word. She will not leak anything that could harm someone's life or reputation because she has integrity."

"That's rare in the world of journalism," I teased, grinning at Bianca.

"You better keep that seductive smile for your girlfriend," Bianca flirted, touching my arm. "As charming as you are, and as much as I'd love to have you in my bed, I see that you're committed to her. I like this one."

"I intend to keep my charm for my woman. I also plan to marry her," I assured.

"Well then, promise me that the Daily will have exclusive photos and a feature on your big day."

"Treat Vera well, and I'll say it's a done deal."

"Scotty, are you treating her well?" Bianca questioned while picking a piece of lint off my shoulder.

I removed Bianca's hand from my shoulder and shifted my stance. "I would give my life for this woman."

"Do you mean that?"

"I do."

***

After Bianca left, Vera and I picked up Chinese takeout on the way to my place.

"You're unusually quiet," I commented while Vera fished out a dumpling from her wonton soup on my dining table.

Vera's eyes shifted from the soup to my face. "Here's the thing, Scotty. Don't you think I'm capable of looking after myself?"

"I know you can, sweetheart."

"It's just that all my life, I've had someone 'protecting' me and bossing me around. First, it was Julian. Now, it's you and your friends. I appreciate the care and the thought, but I'm not helpless. And I'm not afraid."

"I know that, but I care about you immensely, and I'm doing the best I can to keep you safe. I worry about you to the point I can't sleep sometimes, especially when I'm not in town."

"Scotty, when you spoke with Bianca, what did you talk about?"

I sighed and took one of Vera's hands. "Bianca has an investigative journalist trying to find some answers about Holly and the woman who hurt you. It may be Saira, but I need to know for sure before I make false accusations. I need concrete evidence, and it has to come straight from the horse's mouth."

"Meaning, Holly?"

"Yes."

"I just wish that nightmare was over, but it won't be until I know who did this to me." Vera sighed, rubbing her temple. "I have trouble sleeping sometimes."

"I know. I'm there with you."

Vera pushed her food away, took my hand, and kissed my knuckles. "Do you think either Erin or Oliver is responsible for all of this?"

Interesting. "Well, Oliver can be vindictive, but he's my brother, and all sources say it's a woman. Besides, he and Erin are in Australia now, and they'll be there for a while. They're refurbishing some property they have in Sydney."

"I still wouldn't rule Erin out," Vera said. "She hates me with a passion, and Oliver is blindly in love with her."

"I know Erin, Vera. She wouldn't know her left foot from her right, and she can't keep her mouth shut, so I doubt she's the one you're looking for concerning Holly."

"But Erin is vicious, Scotty! She's out for my blood!"

"This is more Saira's forte, sweetheart. She'll do what it takes to hurt the people she hates most, and you and I are both on that list."

"I'm sorry you didn't get full custody of Damian," Vera lamented. "I felt that the judge was biased, and Damian deserves better. He told me he didn't want to live with his mother."

"I haven't given up," I muttered. "I swear, the moment Saira fucks up, I will appeal for full custody of my son."

"I believe you, Scotty. You're a fighter, and you don't give up easily," Vera said as she got up from her chair and started to clear the table.

I stood up and brought her body into my hips, securing her tightly. "There's something else on your mind. Tell me."

"It's probably nothing," Vera dismissed, pushing away from my hips.

"Your eyes tell me it's probably something," I said. "Speak to me, sweetheart."

"Is there something going on between you and Bianca?"

"No."

"It's just that Erin said-"

"Erin may have mothered my child, but she's also a mother of lies," I snapped. "I'll tell you the truth. Bianca and I dated in high school. She and I slept together back then, yes. Then Erin came along."

"Did you sleep with Bianca in the past few years?"

"Yes."

"Isn't she married?"

"Yes."

"Have you had anything with her while you've been with me?"

"No."

"How would you feel if I were seeing someone else behind your back?"

"Vera, you'd better be fucking kidding me!" I shouted as my heart started beating rapidly. A knot of jealousy, anxiety, and rage twisted in my stomach.

She stroked my balled fists, opening them up so my fingers could relax. "Don't worry," she said, rubbing my hands gently. "I haven't slept with anyone else. I just wanted you to understand that it's not okay to sleep with other people's partners unless they have an open relationship."

Vera kissed my neck as I clarified that Bianca and her husband were in a non-exclusive relationship. "They had a great marriage for years. However, it's a complicated situation now. Dominic spends more time with his mistress and less time with his family," I explained.

"You care about Bianca," Vera observed.

"I do. She's my friend."

"Oh. Sorry for my misjudgment."

"You made an ass of you and me," I murmured, gently nipping my woman's ear before embracing her. "I had a private chat with your brother at the Christmas party last year."

"Oh?"

"He told me something rather interesting about you. Some men see you as a challenge, while others are misled to believe you are promiscuous. In actual fact, you prefer a solid relationship with someone who respects you, where there's transparency and consent. You hate the concept of secret affairs among cheaters."

"Julian told you that?"

"Yes. You're an angel."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are." I stared at my lover, whose gaze darkened with defiance. "Vera, will you move in with me?"

"Scotty, I don't think that's a good idea," she countered, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Why not?" I refused to take no for an answer without a good explanation.

"Because I'm a slob," she said, running her fingers through her untamed hair.

"Is that it?" I barked in laughter. "I can live with that. I have a cleaner who comes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Sorry, sweetheart, you'll have to do better than that."

"I like to sleep in, and I know you like to be up early."

"No. Still not good enough," I argued. "We've been sleeping together for how long? Too late for that."

"I like my privacy and my space."

"I'll give you privacy and space."

"I'll move in on one condition."

"What's that, sweetheart?"

"I want to spend time with Damian too. He's a great kid-I feel like that goofy aunt when he's around. He and I have a bond."

"Very well, then. Welcome to my family."

A/N: Thank you for making it this far! We're well and truly over the halfway mark, with only about ten chapters to get to the end.

I love the song 'I Got You' covered by Sofia Karlberg. More of the lyrics:

I'd walk the line for you
Take a shot for you
Yeah, baby, that's what I'd do'
Cause I got you
It's true
I'd die for you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 4.9K 22
Mila, a young actress who is sexually frustrated. She wants more out of life than a quick orgasm. In the long run she wants a husband. However for no...
8.1K 359 38
[REWRITTEN] She approached him out of jealousy. He responded out of courtesy. --- Lucia and Nicolai have both established themselves in their careers...
872K 28.5K 64
Rachel Carter gets a job that pays her bills, got herself a dog and a expensive car. but she's growing an attraction for her boss who happens to be e...
234K 8.7K 30
"You want me to break a rule?" " No, I want you to be as rough as possible, can you be slow and rough?" It took him a second to think about that. "To...