Fake love ✔

By laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... More

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

VII

5.3K 95 18
By laix_x

Chapter seven

•Morgan•

"Heyyy!" Max bursts into my room. I groan, stuffing my head into my pillow.

"Dude where did you-", I hear Romeo's voice, followed by a thud. I lift my head to see him on the floor, behind Max. "Why the fuck did you stop?"

"Just wanted to say good morning to my new bestie", he says, laying beside me. I sit up against the headboard, looking over at Romeo leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah well, hurry up. We need to go", he checks the time on his phone.

"Oh wait", I say, catching their attention. "My friends are coming over today". Romeo looks as if he's debating something in his head.

"Okay. I don't know when I'm going to be back, so don't disturb me", and with that, he leaves the room.

"See you later", Max ruffles my hair before leaving, messing it up more than it already is. I sigh, getting up to take a shower and get ready.

✯✯✯✯

"Ah!" Hayley shrieks as she tackles me into a hug.

"Ley, you literally saw me a couple days ago", I chuckle, patting her back.

"Yeah but I missed you", she groans, still hugging me. I swear you'd never realise she's 23.

"Yeah yeah, I missed you too. Now get off of me", she let's go and admires the house.

"Morgan", Hayden nods at me as he walks in.

"Hayden", I say as I jump on his back.

"Damn, what have you been eating?" He holds me up by my legs.

"Shut up", I hit him lightly across the head. "The living room's down there", I point down the hall as Hayden carries me, following behind Hayley.

Hayden drops me on the couch, taking a seat on my right as Hayley sits on my left. "So", Hayley drawls.

"Hold that thought", I hold a hand up. "I invited someone else", immediately after saying that, Hayden groans.

"What the fuck was that sound?" Hayley looks over to her brother. "How am I related to you?" She mumbles to herself. "Sorry, what were you saying? Who did you invite?"

"Remember that guy I told you about a while ago? My friend from little stars, Jacob", Hayley nods. "Yeah, he works at the pizza place and brought the pizza I ordered the other night".

"Oh my god. Hasn't it been about sixteen/seventeen years since you saw each other?"

"Yeah, something like that", I chuckle as the doorbell rings. "Speak of the devil", I say, walking over to the door. "Hey!"

"Hey", he stands across from me with his hands in his jean pockets. He's wearing a blue zipped sweater, with a grey shirt underneath.

"Come in", I close the door and lead him to the living room. "This is Hayley and that is Hayden". Hayley's eyes widen as Jacob walks in however, she covers it up with a yawn.

She clears her throat. "Uhm h- hey", she smiles at him.

"Hey. Nice to meet you guys", Jake says, taking a seat next to her as I sit next to Hayden.

"Wake up", I whisper-yell in Hayden's ear as I slap him on the shoulder.

"Hm? Oh. What did I miss?"

"I was just introducing my friend Jacob", I inform him.

"Oh. Hey man", he does the bro-handshake-thing with Jake to his left.

"What movie should we watch?" I ask, scrolling through Netflix.

"Horror", Hayley and Jake say, simultaneously. Their eyes immediately snap to each other; Hayley blushes and looks away.

"No", Hayden and I whine.

"Ooh, let's watch shrek", I suggest.

"How old are you again?" Hayden asks from beside me.

"Shut up", I slap his shoulder. "I'm 22", I mumble.

"Okay, I'm cool with that", Jake says.

"Hayley?" I crane my neck to look over at her.

"Uhh, sure", she smiles. "Sorry bro, you're outnumbered", she looks at Hayden.

"You guys are so mean", he folds his arms, leaning into the couch.

"Don't worry, you can pick the next movie".

✯✯✯✯

"Hayden.. this movie sucks", I groan.

"Yeah. What's it called again?" Hayley asks.

"Non stop".

"What's even happening?" I think out loud.

"The guy is in the plane trying to find who's killing everybody, but everyone thinks he's the bad guy even though just he's just doing his job".

"Oh yeah, 'cause that helps me so much", I mumble, rolling my eyes.

"Well, I think the movie's pretty good", Jake says.

"Thank you", Hayden exclaims, fist bumping him.

Suddenly, the front door bursts open and Romeo walks in. "He's angry. Give me a second", I say as I get up and walk over to him. "Hey".

"What?" He turns to look at me, running a hand through his hair.

"What's the matter?" I fold my arms.

"None of your fucking business", he takes his suit jacket off, walking into his office and placing it on his chair. I follow him, closing the door.

"You need to keep your voice down".

"Why?" He challenges, taking a seat.

"Because my friends are trying to watch a movie in there". 

"This is my house. Tell them to fucking leave if they have a problem", he loosens his tie, leaning back in his chair.

"Well, I just came to be nice so come find me when you want to talk about it", I say as I begin to leave the room.

"You'll be waiting for a long time", he murmurs before I close the door. I walk back to the living room, laying on the empty couch to the right.

"Where's Hayden?" I turn my head to look at Hayley and Jake.

"Mom called him", Hayley says, looking for a movie.

"Jake, what's your major?" I ask.

"Hm?" He turns to look at me.

"What are you studying in college?"

"I'm doing a dual-major, so I'm studying architecture and psychology", he says however, he gets cut off by his phone vibrating. "Sorry, I have to go. I need to pick up my sister from her friends house. We should all hang out again sometime".

"Yeah we should", I stand to walk him to the door and we all say our goodbyes as he leaves.

As soon as Hayley and I get back to the living room, she starts smiling like a maniac. "Why the hell you smiling like that for?"

"No reason", she tries to make a straight face. "I have a question".

"What is it?" I turn to her.

"How old is he?"

"Who, Jacob?" She nods. "He's 19. Why?" She hold up five fingers and puts four down, one by one. "Did you just use your fingers to see how many years younger he is than you?"

"One, that sentence made no sense, and two, of course I didn't", I narrow my eyes at her however, I decide to let it go.

"Do you think he's actually on the phone to your mom or he just used it as an excuse to take a nap?"

"Definitely taking a nap".

✯✯✯✯

"Morgan", Hayley whines. "I need to go home", she says as she tries to unwrap my arms from her torso.

"No".

"Okay", she sighs. "If you don't let me go, I'll get home late, and if I get home late, mom will be mad and ask why I'm late so, I'll tell her that it's because of you and she won't make you donuts", I immediately let her go, standing up.

"I'm not gonna lie, all I heard was 'let me go ... mom will be mad ... won't make you donuts'", I pause. "Well, what are you waiting for, go home. I can't give up donuts", we walk towards the front door. As she walks out I remember something. "Wait! Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Uhh... no, I don't think so".

"Your brother?"

"Oh shit", I chuckle at her. "Can you go find him for me please; you know the house better than me".

"Yeah, give me one second", I run up the stairs. Okay, where could he be?

After looking in a bunch of rooms, I finally found him in my room. Why didn't I check here first?

"Wake up!" I jump on top of him.

"What the hell?" I scrunch my eyebrows, giving him a look.

"Did you just say a sentence without swearing?" I ask, rhetorically. "That's a first".

"Oh look, so did you! That's a first for you too", he feigns surprised.

"Fuck off", I mutter, laying beside him.

"And, she's back", I hit him lightly on the head. "Shit", he hisses.

"What happened?" I sit up, examining his head.

"Nothing, I'm fine".

"Lies. Oh my god, your head is cut", I look at his head, through his blonde hair. "What did you do?"

He sighs before answering, "I was walking up here, trying to find somewhere to sleep and I tripped on something. Romeo was there and hit me with a gun, but when he realised I'm your friend, he helped me clean it up".

"What? Romeo doesn't help people. Are you sure you weren't hallucinating?"

"No, I definitely wasn't", he assures me.

"Okay", I say, still not convinced. "Anyway, Hayley is waiting for you".

✯✯✯✯

After dinner, I go upstairs to take a shower. Once I'm finished, I put on an oversized hoodie and shorts, and make my way downstairs into Romeo's office. "Hello", I take a seat on the couch.

"Yes?" He asks, not taking his eyes off of his work.

"Why did you help Hayden?"

"I hurt him; you'd probably be mad at me if I didn't help him, and I don't want you to be mad at me", he somewhat mumbles. Aw.

"Okay.." I lay on the couch for a while as Romeo does his work, eventually falling asleep.

only chapter seven but I have major writers block

updated authors note:
heh, hi. im so tired omfg. this chapter was quite short and i don't really know how to feel about it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2M 368K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
4.4M 116K 78
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 16th OCT 2020 Finished: 14th FEB 2021 EDITING! Finally out of the orphanage, Arabella needs to find a job with a good pay tha...
133K 3.1K 31
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
2M 38.6K 82
Meet Giselle Rose Moretti, an assassin known as "the Killer" and an undefeated underworld street fighter in the name of "the Devil's Angel." She was...