The meaning behind the butter...

By and_thebad_wolfStory

" I know a little something about loss. I mean, It happens to everyone, eventually. But they find ways to cop... More

+ Cast +
+ play list +
+ 0.0 +
+The Denver siblings +
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
A/N
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen

Ten

133 5 0
By and_thebad_wolfStory

(I'm excited! (Weird).
Warning ⚠️ grafic description?? )

🦋

Molly was the first awake the next morning. She smiled to herself knowing what day it was today. Things were going to be good. Nothing was going to ruin this little girls birthday. Nothing.

As Molly got ready for the day, she made sure to call the school to let them know they won't be going in today.

It was going to be a day to spend with family.

Once she was done, she made sure to wake up Miles and her brothers so they could call wake up the birthday girl all together.

She was quick to go downstairs into the living room and get the gift she hid, as she did, she saw Sawyer. His head was rested face down on the counter in the kitchen counter.

Sighing, she walked over and tapped his shoulder.

With a gasp, he woke up.

"Sorry. Everyone's up. We should go see Marlee. Are you okay?"

Sawyer nodded. His shoulders became heavier though as he still decided to withhold the information he found out yesterday from them. He would tell them, just not today.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Hey, are you okay? I know what dad did—-"

"Saw, I'm fine. I promise."

At the old nickname the eldest brother smiled. When the twins were small, they couldn't pronounce his name, so they came up with just saying Saw and it just kind of stuck.

"Alright. Let's go. Oh, I Ah—I should call the school...." he trailed off, going for his phone that was in his pocket. He took it out and slowly the paper that was still stuffed behind it fell out and landed on the floor.

"Uh, it's fine. I already called." Molly bent down and picked up the folded paper.

"What's this?" She asked going to open it.

Quickly, Sawyer snatched it from her before she could open it.

"Uh, nothing. Let's go!" He says excitedly. He grabbed her shoulders and shoved her up the stairs.

Not thinking about it, they came up to Marlee's bedroom door where the brothers were waiting. Their father would still be asleep at this time.

Sawyer had to remember to wake him up and get him to decorate the house before they got back from ice cream.

"Ready?" Miles asks

With a nod, the siblings slowly walk into the pink room.

Sensing their presences, the happy little girl work up with a grin on her face.

"Happy birthday!" Her siblings shouted

The girl Squealed in pure delight. She removed her covers and got up and hugged each of her siblings.

"Okay, Miss birthday girl. You get dressed and when you come downstairs, pancakes will be waiting for you!" Sawyer said.

"Thank you!" She says and Higgs him one more time.

Sawyer smiles and ruffled her hair and was off.

The other brothers all say happy birthday to their sister once more before going downstairs too, leaving Molly to help their sister.

"So, what do you want to wear today?" Molly asked placing her gift on the nightstand.

"My purple dress!" She says and rushed over to her closet.

Molly sat on the edge of the small bed and waited until she came out all dressed.

"Will you braid my hair today?" The little girl asks

"Of course. First, open your gift."

Marlee didn't need to be told twice. Molly handed her the small pink bag and watched as she took out the small box and looked at it questionably.

"What is it?" Marlee asks

"Open the box." She tells her.

Marlee slowly opened the velvet box, revealing a silver necklace with a small little tinker bell fairy hanging from the chain.

"Ohh, it's so pretty!" She exclaims

Molly smiles. "I'm glad you like it. Now, let's braid that hair and go eat breakfast."

🦋

Once the sisters were done, the two walked hand in hand downstairs. They could hear chatter as they come forward.

Marlee let go of Molly's hand and rushed over to her Dad who surprisingly stood with his son's at the counter.

Molly slowly, almost Cautiously walked past him and stood close to Miles. He noticed his sister's body languages as she suspiciously watched her father as he interacted with his youngest, who, had no idea of what happened a few days before.

Miles warped his arm around her, she turned to face him, a small nod of her head answered his silent question. The "twin telepathy" kicking in again.

"So, what do you all have planned for the birthday girl?" David asks.

Sawyer flipped the last pancake and waited for the edges to turn brown before flipping it one more time.

With the new day, the paper sat in a new pocket, hidden by his phone. He was close with Molly opening it, but it was folded too many times and he grabbed it just in time.

Maybe he should talk to their dad before he told his siblings.

"Uh, well, we're going to eat breakfast first. Then, what ever Marlee chooses to do, that's what we'll do. That okay with you, Mar?" Sawyer asks as he stacks the golden circles into a plate.

He moves it in front of her and goes to the fridge for the syrup.

"Yes!" Marlee exclaims taking the sticky bottle from him. She opened the cap and turned it upside down, letting the brown liquid flow over.

Once it looked to be enough, Sawyer watched as Alexander grabbed the bottle from her and clicked the cap shut.

The kid didn't need to be hopped on surer this early in the morning, especially if they were going to ice cream later.

"Alex!"  Marlee calls out and pouts as she watched him put it back in the fridge.

"Eat up!" Is all he says

"Uh, dad? Is there a chance I could talk to you for a sec?" Sawyer asks deciding that now was a decent time to bring up what was heavily weighing on his shoulders.

David smiles."of course. I would also like to talk about later, there are a few things you should know before you leave tonight. "

Sawyer's eyes widen and quickly looked over to Marlee, who was busy talking with Bryce as she finished up her food. Thank God she didn't hear that..

"Yeah, okay." Sawyer and David headed out of ear shot of the others.

"So, Sawyer. I know this is going to be new for you, and this all can be—"

"Did you know mom had another son?"

David flinched back at the random blunt question.
Sawyer stood, waiting impatiently for an answer.

"Well, did you? Because if this isn't enough proof, then I don't know what is."

The boy got out the folded paper and handed it to his father, who still hasn't said anything.

David slowly unfolded the certificate and read every word and the signature.

"Yes. I knew."

"You knew?"

"Yes. We had an agreement. How'd you find this?"

"It was almost like it wanted to be found. In plain sight. Why don't we know him and why—"

"Because. Because he's not important. He's not my son." David said. His words harsh and laced with anger. He's part of an affair. He or she wanted nothing to do with him, or so he thought.

"Dad, that's—-why?"

Sawyer was astonished.

"Sawyer, he's not important! If this is brought up again, you will face the consequences." David has moved closer with every word, Sawyer's back placed firmly against the wall as he stirred his father right in the eye, his face hard with seriousness.

Swallowing hardly, Sawyer nodded. "Alright." He says

"Good. Now, what time are you leaving tonight? You need to speed with Richard before you leave for your first mission."

"9:00." Sawyer answers.

"I'll drop you off. Now, let's go back and celebrate Molly's birthday."

Sawyer blinked, " Marlee." He corrected, he tried not to let his anger get the best of him, especially because his father was clearly already angry himself.

"Marlee." Is all he says before going before him.

Sawyer waited for when he was gone to his take a long breath. With his back still against the wall, he hit his head lightly in frustration.

Sighing, he was finally calm enough to head back into the kitchen where he could hear laughing and chatter.

As he walked back, he could feel his fathers eyes as they burn a hole through his body.

"Sawyer! Miles says we can go to the mall!"

Sawyer smiled, his cheeks burning.

"Yeah, sure. It's your birthday. We can do whatever you want today."

Marlee Squealed happily and rushed over to the door and fasted he's ever seen got her shoes and jacket on and practically Skipped out the door, leaving it open just a bit.

Signing again, he quickly grabbed Marlee's dirty plate and placed it in the sink. He leaned against the sink and tired to focus. No matter what his father said, Sawyer was going to do what ever it took to find his long lost half sibling. He deserved to know he had another family.

🦋

At the mall, the Denver clan, minus their father, held their bags and walked amidst the cluster of people as they did the same.

Molly hated shopping. The noise, The smells, the walking. She just wasn't a fan. But, to her annoyance, her sister and brothers were.

However, for today, Molly would just have to suck it up.

"Can we get pretzels?" Marlee asked. She carried her own little bag from a child's store where she got a new dress and matching shoes.

The elder children shared a look, well, if they were going to get ice cream later, might as well go the whole mile, right?

"Sure." Sawyer said shrugging his shoulders.

Molly groaned quietly to herself. If she had to spend another hour in this place she was going to throw a fit.

Miles noticed his uncomfortable sister and laughed. He walked over to her and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Having fun?" He asked knowing she hated this just as much as he did. It was one of the things they had in common.

"Shut up." Molly told him and shoved him off.

"You know, for my seventh birthday, we stayed at home and played twister." Bryce said slowing his pace to fall in step with the twins who were behind the group.

"Yeah, and we had a grand ole time." Miles said and shoved him, playfully.

The family had made it to the pretzel line and instantly regretted it the second they were there for way too long.

Once it was their turn though, they each got their own thing and decided before going they would eat in the food court.

"Hey, isn't that Blue?" Alexander asked pointing across the court
And of course, it was in fact, Blue.

Molly sighed, "it is but don't—" Molly was too late to stop her brother for he was already half way across and talking to him.

Molly let out a sound of annoyance as she made her head hit the table.

"What, don't want your boyfriend to meet the fam?" Bryce said smiling at her. He and Mason share a laugh at their sister's distress.

"He's not my boyfriend." Molly stayed firmly.

"Really? I've heard other wise." Mason said

"What—-we've known each other for—for basically a week.—- he's not..."

"Hey guys. This is Blue." Alexander said, the brightest Smile on his face as he introduced the boy to his brothers.

"Hey." Sawyer said though slightly confused at the situation and why his brothers were acting like this.

He looked over to Molly who looked like she wanted to sink into the ground.

"Blue, that's a cool name! It's my birthday!"

Blue smiled at the small girl, cinnamon sugar covered her face as she looked at the long haired boy.

"Thanks. And happy birthday." Blue says politely. He send a small glance to Molly, which, all her brothers saw.

"Uh, Blue, Wait, any relation to Henry?" Sawyer asked with a raised eye brow.

"Yeah. My older brother" Blue answers.

It was quiet for a while, Blue Awkwardly stood in front of the Denver siblings.

Molly sighed quietly to herself and cursed Alexander in her head before she stood up herself.

"I'm sure you have plans...."

"Uh, yeah. I'll see you later—-"

"Wait, we're getting ice cream later, I mean, if your palms aren't that important you should tag along." Miles said standing up too.

Blue flinched back, stunned they were inviting him anywhere.
He didn't really have plans, he just had to remember to buy beer before he got home, other wise he was definitely going to be in trouble.

Blue's eyes shifted to look at Molly, he wouldn't mind spending some time with her, but he didn't know how much closer he could get to her with her extremely intimidating brothers present.

"We're getting ice cream?!" Marlee asked excitedly

Sawyer sighed, "yeah, we are. It was supposed to be a special surprise....but Blue, you're welcome to come along."

Blue decided to take the plunge.

"Sure. Uh, that'd be great."

"Awesome." Sawyer said as he started picking up their things. He grabbed Marlee's hand and they started walking.

"Though, when we get home, we're eating vegetables."

Hearing grunts of displeasure brought a smile to his face.

Blue and Molly walked a few feet away from her chatty bunch of siblings. Shoulders slightly brushed up against each other as they kept in step with each other.

"So, when you said you had a brother and a sister—-"

"You weren't expecting five?" Molly said with a small laugh.

"Yeah. how could I not...I mean..." Blue laughed and shook his head.

"I know they can be a lot—sorry they ambushed you like that."

"It's fine, I didn't have any thing else to do."

It was way after school and Blue had noticed that Molly wasn't there today. He was slightly disappointed. But he had lunch with Olivia and that was okay.

As they exit the mall, Blue started to head in the other direction their car was. Bryce stooped and realized.

"If you have a car here we can come back and pick it up."

"That's kind, but—uh, I have a bike." Blue said as he held up a chain with only two keys dangling from it.

"Cool!" Mason says "could I ride with him?!"

"Ha." Sawyer laughs and shoved the curly haired boy into the van.

"You could ride with me, if you want. I do have an extra helmet." Blue said holding one out to Molly.

Miles and Sawyer both stood outside the van, waiting to see her answer. She was 18, so Sawyer couldn't necessarily tell her what to do.

"Sure." Molly said surprising her brothers and herself.
She took the helmet and sent a small glare to Miles and Sawyer who laugh getting into the van.

Blue put his own helmet on and got on first.

"You ever been on one before?" Blue asked, his words Muffled between the helmet.

"Yeah, only once." Molly said remembering the time her cousin made her ride one, they got into a small crash, hitting a small tree as he tried to stop quickly because they were going to fast, and he didn't really know how to drive one to begin with.

"Alight. Hold on." He said and started up the death trap.

Molly checks her helmet before wrapping her arms around his waist.

🦋

Molly had never felt like that. As she got off, her legs wobbled as she took of her helmet. The joy and excitement of blazing through the some what packed highway caused her wanting to never let go of Blue's waist. 

"Dude, you've gotta let me ride it!" Mason says as he gets out of the van.

Blue put the helmets away and looked at Molly.

"Yeah, I don't think so." He says. He never lets anyone ride it. He doesn't even let anyone touch it for that matter.

Molly was an special case.

Molly smiles and ruffled Mason's hair. He pulled away and fixed what she messed up.

"Totally not fair." He pouted.

"Ice cream!" Marlee shouted as they entered the small shop.

The bell chimes as they open the door.

"Welcome!" Someone behind the counter calls out to the bunch.

Sawyer smiled at them and ordered for everyone after they told him what they wanted.

As they waited, he checked the time on his phone.

It was almost time he had to go. It was only seven now, he still had to go home and grab his bag before he headed down to the Agency.

He was all ready dreading having to leave. Especially because he knew that his father was going to be home with them and he was starting to lose the trust that once built their relationship to where it was now.

Once it hit 8:00, Sawyer was quick to rally everyone into the van again.

Molly and Blue stood by his bike.

"Thanks for inviting me, it was fun." Blue said. He stood on the other side of the bike, it standing in between the two.

"Uh, no problem. Sorry you were pulled into this....you didn't have to.."

Blue chuckled, "I wanted to. They're cool."
Molly smiles, thankful her siblings didn't scare her only "friend who's a boy" away.

"Well, I'll see you at school tomorrow?"

Molly nodded mutely. Blue smiled again.

Their eyes locked, blue ones meeting green ones...but before anything could or was about to happen, Sawyer's call for her broke their moment.

Blue coughed, "I'll text you." He says and hopped on.

"Okay." Molly said. She turned to walk to the car, only when she heard the sound of the engine did she turn her head to the side to watch him as he disappeared behind the cloud of dust.

Sighing, Molly got into the van, her brother's giggle like school girls as they catch the light blush on her cheeks.

"Did you have a good birthday, Mar?" Bryce asked the sister that was half asleep in her seat.

"The best! And Molly got a boyfriend."

Molly gaped her mouth, "Mar, he's not my boyfriend." She tells her firmly.

"Sure" Miles draws out under his breath.

Molly reaches over and punched him. She gave a satisfactory smile when he screamed out an ow.

🦋

The Denver house was quiet as the seven children walk in. Their minds flutter around how perfect this day was. Sawyer wasn't even thinking about the incident this morning, well, not fully. His mind was elsewhere.

Molly was giddy, bubbly, her mood light as a butterfly as she thinks about the time she spent with Blue. The boy she barley even knew, now held so much closer to her heart as she watched him interact with her crazy family.

Their light moods distracted them from noticing the messiness that became their living room. The tipped over things and open drawers, the broken window and broken curtains.

Downstairs was nothing compared what was waiting for them upstairs, in the master bedroom.

"Guys......"  Alexander said suddenly realizing the state their house was in.

Molly gasped, the drop in her stomach made her want to be sick.

Miles placed a hand on her shoulder as he looked around.

Sawyer, who was carrying a sleeping Marlee passed the child to the closest sibling
"Stay here." He tells the others and with his shoes on, rushed upstairs and straight into his fathers open room.

He let out a yelp as he slowly walked over to the bed where his father lay flat on his stomach.

Almost hesitantly, he touched his shoulder, " Dad." He whispers. He rolled him to the side, his fathers face blood and swollen, both eyes black and nose crooked.

Sawyer reached his two fingers to the neck.

Thump.

Sighing, the boy quickly gathered his phone and called 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

🦋

( okay, not as Graphic as I maybe pictured writing it...but I guess it still works.

Let me know what you all think of this chapter because a few things happened in it that build later chapters!  Because I'm too excited, though we will not meet Ashton yet, I have already an aesthetic and FACECLAIM for him....so, without further ado......

Avan Jogia as

+

+

+

Ashton Vince Denver

*There you go!
Like I said, Ashton will not show up for a few more chapters, but I'm just to excited for this story to wait.

Thank you for reading and ⭐️ please also comment, they make me happy and want to write more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.3K 1K 46
"You're going to keep living, V." Everyone thought Ivy Archer had the perfect life. Because they had no idea what she was hiding: her mums terminal c...
2.2M 65.2K 35
When the fierce and bitchy Lila Alfonso is suddenly thrown into the custody of her five elder brothers, will she be able to forget the past differenc...
7K 262 30
My life could be described in three words. Loving but unloved. I knew my whole family cared less about me and many who were close to us knew it. It w...
Saving Sunshine By Mars

General Fiction

194 6 7
The Sinclair siblings lives changed drastically after the death of their father. With an absent mother, oldest brother Levi Sinclair has always taken...