A God's Chess Piece

Galing kay AnairaG72

What happens when you get struck by lightning? a. you die b. you meet a god c. god tells you it isn't your ti... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
CHAPTER 13.1
CHAPTER 13.2
CHAPTER 13.3
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18.1
CHAPTER 18.2
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20.1
CHAPTER 20.2
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 10

2.3K 71 6
Galing kay AnairaG72

CHAPTER 10

The examination hall buzzed with noise at the sudden disappearance of Diane. People were glancing around the room while some were wondering if she decided to run away. Everyone is in a panic except for Jenkins.

"Calm down! The girl is still here. Her exam is still underway" Jenkins announced in a loud voice.

At that, everyone calmed down and began to focus in front.

Where did she go exactly?

After a few moments of silence, Diane jumped from behind headmaster Jenkins and kicked him from behind but that kick was evaded as well by Jenkins by jumping to the side.

Wait... how did she get there?

"I see... your spell 'Shadow World' allows even your physical body to travel through shadows. You've been hiding in my shadow the whole time and waited for your chance to strike. Quite an advance type magic, if I say so myself..." – Jenkins.

Diane nodded as if confirming his theory.

I was quite amazed at how well Jenkins was able to tell by having been attacked just once.

"Bubble Prison" – Jenkins.

A huge bubble suddenly appeared and caged Diane from the inside.

"Shadow World" – Diane.

Again, Diane disappeared from inside the bubble prison.

"I see, so even if you were inside my bubble prison, your still able to free yourself by using shadow world. Quite interesting indeed!"

Diane appeared from behind Jenkins and attacked.

"Shadow Claw"- Diane.

A huge hand trapped Jenkins and threw him forward. He fell with a loud thud but managed to get up afterwards.

"Outstanding! You managed to counter a headmaster such as myself. As thanks, I'll reward you greatly. Bubble Barrage." - Jenkins

In an amazing speed, bubbles began to hit every corner of Diane's body. She was visibly in pain as her body crouched itself on the floor.

"Your exams are over. For being the only student to have managed to throw me off guard, you deserve an A+"

My mouth was left ajar. She was defeated by the headmaster in one spell but she was also the only one who actually managed to hurt him. I gulped down my nerves. Jenkins really is a formidable opponent.

"What an amazing battle! I never knew that Diane was that strong! Even against a magician like Jenkins! Seems like he's losing his touch" – Selene.

I turned my head towards her.

It seems like she knows Jenkins well. I mean, it is quite likely considering that her family owns the school.

"Are you close with the headmaster, Selene?" I aksed her.

She smiled at me and nodded proudly.

"He is our master. He trained brother when his powers awakened for a year and he did the same with me." – Selene.

"So you trained your powers for a year after awakening? And you were assisted by an amazing master no less?"

"Isn't it normal to train your powers after awakening?" – Selene.

Oh.

So it was normal...

I was taken back to my training with Celes a week ago, and cringed at the memory. I'm so gonna flop this exam.

"And besides, Jenkins is my uncle to it wasn't even that hard to ask him to train me as well" – Selene.

I stared at Selene.

And glanced at Jenkins who was currently in the middle of beating another kid.

"You look nothing alike." I concluded.

"I don't mean the beard, Nisha" – Selene.

I laughed at her because of how correct she was.

But now that I think about it, the Dionera House had been in charge of protecting the royal family of Altrea ever since. Duke Dionera was the head of the country's imperial knights that was why Frederich and Selene were trained at a young age.

"Anisha"

Huh?

Was that Celes' voice?

I turned my head around and surveyed the crowd. He doesn't seem to be here.

"Missed me? You seem to be very eager to see my face"

I clenched my fists.

I would LOVE to punch that god's face right now.

I heard him laugh.

Spying on me again, Celes?

"Come to the restroom. I have something to give you"

Something to give me? Then, it better be some antacid pills since I feel like my stomach's gonna burst due to the nerves I've been feeling since the exams started.

"Selene, I've gotta go to the restroom"

"Hurry up ok?"

I nodded and walked in a fast pace.

Upon arriving at the restroom, I glanced around my surroundings to look for Celes.

"I'm here, Anisha"

I looked up above me where the voice was coming from. It was Celes indeed in his bird form. He was holding a necklace in his beak.

"What's that?" I inquired.

The bird flew down and plopped the necklace onto my hands.

"Wear it" – Celes.

I followed his command and clasped the necklace on my neck. It wasn't heavy, thank goodness. The chain was made of silver and the pendant at the center was the color of Celes' eyes.

"It suits you. Wear it. Don't ever remove it from you. Understand?"

I nodded.

"But why? Is this with a GPS or something? A new toy for you to spy me with?" I asked hinm with a teasing tone.

"That's a magic item. It'll help you control my powers"

I glanced toward the pendant hanging from my neck.

I remembered the time of my training with Celes last week...

"You needed something to tone down your powers. I'm sure everyone would be shocked if they knew that a divine magic user is actually someone who uses divine magic for destructive power" he said and snickered.

Ugh...

I can't even refute his statement...

Stupid god.

A/N: I know, it's short. :p

Let me make it up to u by giving u a few descriptions of Remia and Diane's powers :>

Remia

Earth Puppet

Flame Cage

A puppet type spell where she manipulates her stuffed bunny as a medium. Has 3 forms: Giant, Army, and Armor.

A flame spell that serves as a cage/prison to lock her opponents' moves.

Diane

Shadow World

Shadow Claw

An advanced magic that enables her physical body to enter and travel through shadows. In its ultimate form, she will be able to bring her opponent in the shadows.

A spell that creates a large hand from darkness. Its movement is manipulated by the user.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.8K 102 15
Most people usually don't encounter god and have him ask you if you want to be reincarnated. Yet when Alex dies and this exact thing occurs, of cours...
62 10 10
This is the story of a college student who was reincarnated as a dragon with a near insatiable curiosity. Sparked by questioning his own reincarnatio...
10.5K 355 40
Dying at the age of 16 might seem harsh to others but that wasn't the case for her. Rather she was happy that it was the end of a miserable life. So...
123K 3.7K 62
Yuuto Yamazaki is normal highschool student but after dying while saving the person he likes the goddess called creator chose him to be the one who w...