CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

The examination hall buzzed with noise at the sudden disappearance of Diane. People were glancing around the room while some were wondering if she decided to run away. Everyone is in a panic except for Jenkins.

"Calm down! The girl is still here. Her exam is still underway" Jenkins announced in a loud voice.

At that, everyone calmed down and began to focus in front.

Where did she go exactly?

After a few moments of silence, Diane jumped from behind headmaster Jenkins and kicked him from behind but that kick was evaded as well by Jenkins by jumping to the side.

Wait... how did she get there?

"I see... your spell 'Shadow World' allows even your physical body to travel through shadows. You've been hiding in my shadow the whole time and waited for your chance to strike. Quite an advance type magic, if I say so myself..." – Jenkins.

Diane nodded as if confirming his theory.

I was quite amazed at how well Jenkins was able to tell by having been attacked just once.

"Bubble Prison" – Jenkins.

A huge bubble suddenly appeared and caged Diane from the inside.

"Shadow World" – Diane.

Again, Diane disappeared from inside the bubble prison.

"I see, so even if you were inside my bubble prison, your still able to free yourself by using shadow world. Quite interesting indeed!"

Diane appeared from behind Jenkins and attacked.

"Shadow Claw"- Diane.

A huge hand trapped Jenkins and threw him forward. He fell with a loud thud but managed to get up afterwards.

"Outstanding! You managed to counter a headmaster such as myself. As thanks, I'll reward you greatly. Bubble Barrage." - Jenkins

In an amazing speed, bubbles began to hit every corner of Diane's body. She was visibly in pain as her body crouched itself on the floor.

"Your exams are over. For being the only student to have managed to throw me off guard, you deserve an A+"

My mouth was left ajar. She was defeated by the headmaster in one spell but she was also the only one who actually managed to hurt him. I gulped down my nerves. Jenkins really is a formidable opponent.

"What an amazing battle! I never knew that Diane was that strong! Even against a magician like Jenkins! Seems like he's losing his touch" – Selene.

I turned my head towards her.

It seems like she knows Jenkins well. I mean, it is quite likely considering that her family owns the school.

"Are you close with the headmaster, Selene?" I aksed her.

She smiled at me and nodded proudly.

"He is our master. He trained brother when his powers awakened for a year and he did the same with me." – Selene.

"So you trained your powers for a year after awakening? And you were assisted by an amazing master no less?"

"Isn't it normal to train your powers after awakening?" – Selene.

Oh.

So it was normal...

I was taken back to my training with Celes a week ago, and cringed at the memory. I'm so gonna flop this exam.