Royal Rose (GirlxGirl)

By NeonBound

Royal Rose (Book 1) Leo's been hiding her identity for years to fight in the arena where women are not allowe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
UPDATE
UPDATE

Chapter 42

84.8K 3.6K 1.9K
By NeonBound

Leo POV

I watched as the door closed behind Bryce.

"You are still my knights. Stand down!" King Arthur ordered while being held by the knights but they acted as if he didn't say anything.

I guess it's either they're now more loyal to Prince Bryce or they're just scared of how Bryce will punish them if they didn't follow.

Either way, we're screwed.

When everyone in the room realized this, Lady Westbrook and the Queen started crying hysterically.

A knight walked in front of me with a sword "Let's get this over with. Hold her tighter" the knight said behind his helmet.

I tried to get away but the knights were relentless. The knight pulled back his sword aiming for my head.

I was breathing faster now. This could not be the end. Alia is waiting for me.

I kicked the knight behind me and heard him groan but still didn't budge, I'm sure their hold on me would leave nasty bruises from the tightness.

I looked around and saw the others being held as well and looking terrified.

"Let me go!" I heard Carina yell as she tried to get away but they were tenacious.

I looked back in front of me and watched as the knight pull back his sword ready to decapitate me.

I closed my eyes. I'm sorry Alia. Those words were reverberating in my head with hopelessness while waiting for everything to be over.

Then I heard the sword hit the floor with a clang. I opened my eyes and saw the knight had an arrow buried in his back and lying on the floor.

Then we heard another knight fall to the ground with a clang from his armor. I looked behind the fallen knight with confusion and saw a knight behind him pointing his crossbow.

Then suddenly it's chaos. The other knights ran towards the knight who helped us and started fighting.

I took this distraction to get rid of the knights who were holding me.

I kicked the knee of the same knight I kicked before and saw him fall to the ground holding his busted knee then I kicked the other one in the chest then pulled his sword from his scabbard and buried it in the gap of his armor from his side.

I turned slightly to my right and saw someone tackle the knight that was holding the King.

So we have two knights on our side, but I'm not sure. The confusion makes me doubt who's the enemy and who's on our side because they were all wearing the same armor.

I looked at the knight with the crossbow walking towards me. I pulled out my sword just in case.

The knight removed his helmet.

I gasped "Ramona?" I said shocked.

She smiled at me "Did you really think we'd miss the party?" She said and I looked behind her to see a knight removing his helmet revealing Josh who only winked at me before tackling another knight.

I threw my hands around her for a hug "You have no idea how happy I am to see you guys" I said while hugging her.

She pushed me back "No hugging. A thank you is fine" but I hugged her tighter and she shook her head.

I moved back and looked around and saw there were a couple of knights left.

The King already got his hands on a sword and was fighting, same as Charles and his father but they were having more trouble in fighting the knights than the King.

Lady Westbrook and the Queen were hiding in the corner crying.

I saw Carina pick up a crossbow walked closer to us "What's the plan?" She asked.

I raised my eyebrows "You're fighting?" I asked.

She flipped her hair "Of course I am" she said as she inserted an arrow on the crossbow.

Ramona narrowed her eyes "Are you sure?"

Carina looked at her exasperated "Yes! Now let's go, we're losing time" she said then she turned and shot a knight in the abdomen who fell to the ground.

She smiled at us smug. I guess she really can fight.

I looked at Ramona and she only shrugged.

"Let's go then," I said. We split and I immediately ran to the first knight who tried to attack me.

I kicked his thigh and saw him fall to one knee this I held his head without a helmet and buried my knee in his face and watched as he was knocked out.

I saw the knights fall one by one until there was none left.

I looked around and immediately went straight to my father and knelt on the ground beside him.

"Father?" I asked, hoping that he's still alive.

I looked at his pale face and sweat-covered hair and felt like breaking down.

He only groaned. I clenched my jaw. I was right here with him and I was still helpless. Why does this keep happening?

I felt a touch on my shoulder. I looked up and saw the King.

"I'll bring him into the infirmary and hope we can still save him. He's already losing a lot of blood" he said.

I nodded and kissed my father's head "Please be okay. I really need you to be okay" I whispered to him.

I stood up and watched the King try to pull him up with the help of Charles.

"Thank you," I said gratefully because I knew I wouldn't be able to carry him.

The King looked at me with desperation "Please save my baby girl. I wouldn't know what to do if I lost her. Especially when this is all my fault. I'm sorry" he said with his eyes shining from unshed tears.

I nodded trying to forget my anger towards him for allowing this all to happen. I just hope I'm not too late.

I rushed towards Ramona with Josh at her side and Carina following behind.

Josh opened the large door and we ran across the hallway heading for Bryce's chambers.

I turned to Ramona "Surely there will be guards with him inside or guarding his door from the outside" I said.

Ramona nodded "He never goes anywhere without his guards. I can take Carina with me and take care of them, while you and Josh proceed inside" she suggested.

I looked at Carina and Josh and saw them nod in approval. I turned back to Ramona "Okay" I said before stopping and watched as they all stopped with me.

I looked at Ramona seriously "After you take care of the guards (because I'm positive you can take them) I want you to head outside and search for Danielle. She's leading all the women alone, she needs all the help she could get"  I said pleading.

Ramona's eyes widened slightly "You also need all the help you can get. We can get rid of the knights outside but we have no idea what's waiting inside that room. You and Josh might not be enough," she said.

I clenched my jaw in frustration with everything that's happening. I looked back at Ramona then glanced at Carina and Josh "We have no choice. Either way, there can't be more guards with Bryce than what the women outside are dealing with. We just have to fight with all we've got" I said.

They all nodded, understanding that the risk is greater than we could've imagined.

♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘

A/N: Hope you guys liked this chapter and sorry for the wait <3

I hope everyone reading this is safe. I just want to remind you guys:

- Regularly wash your hands.

- Keep at least 1 meter away from others.

- Avoid crowded places.

- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.

- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover.

- If you need to go out wear your masks. I know this is a very controversial thing, but please wear it, If not for you then for the people around you. 

For more info visit the World Health Organization site to better prepare yourself.

Thank you so much <3 Stay safe :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 2.6K 34
2023 December Book of the Month @CupidOnTour @WattpadSeries General Fiction Feature JUNE 2023 @HistoricalFiction 'Rise of Civilization' Reading List...
13.5K 351 27
Ava, a formidable Mafia boss, grapples with accepting her true self and the brutal reality of her existence. Her unwavering source of inspiration and...
23.3K 1.1K 31
Her back was turned to me, but I still recognised the supple leather armour curved round her body. The first thing I noticed was that her helmet was...
208K 2.4K 12
Ivy a successful business women, with her Italian model fiance Leonardo. The preparation for their wedding is going smoothly until Leo uncovers Ivy's...