Naruto One-shots [Reopened]

By Imuser304

304's Naruto character x reader / character one shot book :)) defaults to fem reader [Requests reopened, if... More

Requests
Not A Drag - Shikamaru x Reader
Forbidden - Neji x Reader
It's a Date! - Kiba x Reader
Sick Snuggles - Kakashi x Reader
False Parenting - Deidara x Reader
There is Something Wrong With You- Sai x Reader
Hidden In The Sand - Garra x reader
Should Have Said So - Kakashi x reader
We Made That - Rock Lee x pregnant!Reader
See You When I Get There - Tobi/Obito x reader
Mourning Is Worse Than Love - Sasuke x reader
Be Mine! Please! - Rock Lee x Reader
Breakfast - Darui x Reader
Akamaru's Final Breath - Kiba x Veterinarian!reader
And They Laughed - Choji x reader
Less Alone - Shikamaru x Reader
Kitty - Tenzo/Yamato x reader
Mourning Is Worse Than Love pt. 2 - Sasuke x reader
Betrayal - Itachi x Reader
Premature - Iruka x Pregnant!Reader
Stupid - Shikamaru x Reader
a/n - please read
First Choice - Rock Lee x Reader
Chubby Confidence - Sai x Reader
Bugs and Boys - Shino x Reader
Something You Didn't Know - Kisame x Reader
Rain - Tenzo/Yamato x Reader
Thanks Again - Shino x Reader
Not Exactly A Mistake - Kakashi X Reader
He is No Man - Kakashi x Pregnant!Reader
A/N: 10k
Goodbye to a World - Nejiten
I Promise - Sasuke x Reader
Best Birthday Ever - Rock Lee x Genderneutra!lReader
Balcony Strangers - Naruto x Reader
Sigh (Definitely read ;))
I Need to See It - Gai x Reader
NOT SORRY AGAHA

The Time He Saved Me - Iruka x reader

4.6K 67 67
By Imuser304

Requested By: dotbunny

Prompt: He confesses his feelings and saves her from an abusive shinobi boyfriend after seeing bruises on her body

TW: Abuse

Iruka x female!reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 5391

AHHH GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING~ I JUST KINDA FORGOTTTTT

[Edited]

-----

"Morning Iruka," I sipped my morning coffee, sitting at his desk. "Five more minutes and you would be late," I took my feet off the desk.

"(Y/n), for a student-teacher, you sure are taking over my job," he joked. "Plus I was grabbing something from a store. You would have been fine on your own. Most of them are half asleep anyway," I moved from his seat and moved out of the way. He went to place his hand on my shoulder, but I flinched out of the way of his touch.

"Sorry-"

"You okay?"

"Yeah... I'm just fine, it was just a rough morning," I took my seat at the other end of his desk and began grading some tests. My best friend, Iruka, had taken me as an assistant teacher, after an accident doing a field mission that left me with a broken ankle that wouldn't ever heal properly. That was the end of my working ninja days. So, being a teacher was my next best choice.

Iruka began lecturing the children about kunai throwing. It made me giggle because real ninja didn't really have to think about throwing, it was an automatic response.

I finished grading the test by the time he was done talking and handed them back to him.

"I brought you a snack, you haven't been eating,"

"Heh, yeah," I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck. "Eichi said I could stand to lose a few pounds," I laughed, sitting on his desk. I'm honestly just glad he's on a mission and have something to do during the day.

"I still don't like him. He seems like bad news,"

"Iruka, you hate everyone I date. It's been like, a year. Everything is fine," I lied.

"Whatever. I just- are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He shrugged.

"OHHH IRUKA SENSEI AND (Y/N) SENSEI ARE DATING!!" Ino yelled. Iruka and I just laughed it off.

"We're just friends, Ino," you corrected. I held out my fist, and Iruka lightly tapped it with his.

"Whatever! He would talk about you sometimes before you actually came around!" Iruka blushed when I looked at him. I chuckled.

"I DID NOT!" He yelled back.

"Iruka, you shouldn't yell at your students," the bell rang, letting all the kids run out.

"Class dismissed," he said softer. "Anyway, wanna grab lunch?"

"I guess if Eichi isn't home it's fine," Iruka glared at me. "Where are we going?"

"Ehh probably Ichiraku," he stood up and began walking to the door, holding it open for me.

"Y-you first," I gesture out the door, watching him walk out.

"What was that about?" He asked, walking next to me.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it," I smiled and waved him off. Everything was sore like always. I was slightly worried about the bruise on my shoulder being seen. "What's up with you? You're acting differently? Did a pretty ninja catch your eye or something?" I teased, knowing there wasn't anyone.

"You could say that," he chuckled, blushing. I rolled my eyes as we entered the shop. We ordered and sat at the bar. "What's up with that huge bandage?" He asked, pointing at my thigh.

"Oh, that?" I covered it with my hands. "I was moving a heavy box and a kunai fell and cut there. It's really nothing,"

"You shouldn't be lifting heavy things," our bowls were set in front of us. "It's not good for your ankle," he warned.

"Ruka, I'm fine. Just because my ankle is kind of messed up, doesn't mean that I'm- you know what? Nevermind. I should probably head home," I started to pack a to-go bowl and leave.

"(Y/n), what is that?" He asked as I began walking, pointing at the bruise.

"Thanks for lunch," I pulled my shirt over the bruise as I walked away.

"(Y/n)!" He called me back, but I didn't think I wanted to walk to him. "(Y/n)! What's going on with you?!" He grabbed my wrist from behind, and I yelped, trying to pull away from his touch.

"Nothing is going on with me. Please let go," he finally let my hand go.

"Let me walk you home,"

"No," I huffed and finally started walking home, Iruka not following me. I really didn't want to go home, but I didn't what him to question me anymore.

Eichi shouldn't be home today, he's supposed to be on a mission. But being this close to his house, I could tell that he was back early. The lights were on and the windows were slightly open.

"Where the hell have you been?" He was upset, but the window was open and he didn't want anyone to hear him yell.

"I- Iruka bought lunch for me," I replied, trying to stay confident.

"So I go on a mission, and you decide that it means that you can cheat on me and I won't find out?"

"No, I-" he placed his and on my shoulder and started to squeeze. His other hand was around my wrist, holding tight enough to leave a mark. "I wouldn't cheat on you-" He dug his fingernails into my skin. I groaned at the pain, "that h-hurts,"

"It should, you deserve it," he let go "you're mine. Don't forget that. Now make dinner for me," he demanded.

"Okay," I replied, making my way to the kitchen to make an early dinner.

I gasped as I felt his arms around my waist. I didn't want him on me. "Please get off," I asked quietly.

"Why should I? You're my girlfriend, I should be able to hug you, right?" My whole body shivered.

"It makes me really uncomfortable," and with that, he squeezed harder around my ribs.

"Too bad," I closed my eyes to pretend he wasn't there, only opening them when he finally went away to read his pervy book.

Once dinner was done being cooked, I set the beef bowl up and set it on the table for him.

"It's on the table," I said, waiting for him to get his food. When he finally sat down to eat, I went to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror.

I held what little body fat I had retained after the few weeks of minimal food I ate. My body was covered in bruises and scratches from Eichi. I played it off as moving boxes and training anytime someone would ask. But I couldn't find a reason for the one on my shoulder. It had gotten even bigger and now stretched up my neck a dark purple. Now there were fingertip-sized marks on my skin too.

"Hey Eichi, I'm... Going to bed now," I said through the door.

"I'll be in a few minutes," he mumbled back. I laid under the covers, almost terrified of the moment he would come in. My eyes were closed tight as the weight of the bed shifted to his side.

"Goodnight Eichi," I scooted as far away as I could from him, only to be pulled into him so my back was against his chest. I tried to put some distance between us, but his grip never lightened, in fact, he held tighter.

"Good night my love," he whispered in my ear. I stared at the wall, towards the covered window, and waited for sunrise so I could leave.

It was a long night of absolutely no sleep. Light from behind the curtain started to rise as a sign of peace and the ability to leave. I slipped from his sleeping grasp to get dressed.

I made him some scrambled eggs and bacon, and before he was up, I had left for the academy.

"Morning Iruka," I said quietly, a yawn taking me by surprise.

"Good morning to you too sleepy head. You're here early," he replied, not looking away from his paper.

"Sorry,"

"It's alright,"

"Not about being early. I'm sorry about waking out yesterday, I shouldn't have gone in the first place," I sat at my part of the desk.

"It's fine- (y/n), what happened to your wrist? That wasn't me- I grabbed the other one," he pointed out. I hid it behind my back and the bell rang for class to start. "Let's talk about during break," he finished and started class. There wasn't anything I needed to do, so I kicked back and listened to the lecture until break.

"Iruka, I can tell you now that I'm fine," I lied, sitting next to him at his desk.

"The bruise on your shoulder, where did it go?" He asked, knowing what I did.

"There is no bruise," he grabbed a tissue and scooted closer to me.

"Prove it," he handed me the tissue, and reluctantly, I wiped off the make up I had covered it with.

"I only covered it because of the kids. It's not that big of a deal," I continued to wipe it off all the way up.

"I don't believe you. What's going on?"

"I told you that I'm fine!"

"It's Eichi, isn't it?" The room fell silent. My hands stayed in my lap and my face turned red. "It is," he said again.

"N- no, he-" Iruka gently placed his hand over mine.

"(Y/n), don't lie to me," I blinked as the tears started forming. "He's done this to you," he comforted. All I could do is nod.

"Don't do anything about it though. Everything is fine," I said shakily.

"Stop saying that everything is fine. Nothing is fine," he said firmly, turning your chair so he could look at the bruise that was on my shoulder, neck, and now partly down my back. "Can I look at it?" He asked, playing with the tag on the back of my shirt.

"I guess," I agreed. He slightly pulled the collar of my shirt away from my skin to look at the large purple mark.

"I was right not to like him," he chuckled. "You can't handle it anymore. you have to get out of there,"

"But I love him. A-and he loves me... And I can't just leave-" I was cut off by the bell. The children came running in. "I can't leave him," I finished. Iruka let go of my shirt before anyone noticed that he was looking. I tried to leave his side, but instead, he gently held my hand in his so I would sit next to him.

"If the end of the world came, who would you spend your last day with?" He asked the class. I watched the faces of children all go blank.

Naruto started an argument with Iruka about how that would never happen.

"(Y/n), who would you want to spend your last day with?" Naruto finally stopped arguing to ask me.

"I don't know, buddy. It's kinda a hard question. Maybe my boyfriend? I'm not really sure,"

"You mean Iruka Sensei? He is your boyfriend after all,"

"No, he isn't, Naruto. He's my best friend," I ruffled his hair. "Got it?"

"Yeah whatever," he huffed and sat back in his seat.

"As soon as you write your answer, class is dismissed," Iruka called. Three or four kids just got up and left. Iruka had to give Naruto a new slip of paper after he made a paper airplane and threw it out the window. Everyone else left a few minutes later, except for Naruto. He sat alone, blankly staring at the paper. I watched Iruka take a seat next to him.

"I've got to get home Iruka, I'll see you on Monday," I said, starting to walk out the door. I heard him say something to Naruto before finding me walking away.

"Don't," he called. "Don't go back there.

"Everything is fine-" he grabbed my hand again.

"You're going to get hurt again, everything is not fine," he looked into my eyes, pleading for me not to go. "We should go to the hospital and get you cleaned up,"

"No! Then I'll have to tell them what happened, and he'll be taken away, and," I couldn't find any more words, Iruka was holding me in his arms in a gentle embrace. I was startled, but not opposed to him hugging me. "Then... He'll... Be..." I started sobbing. I didn't want him to be gone, but if he would be taken away after someone found out...

"Right. That's my point," he assured, not letting go.

"I-"

"You can come stay with me until you can find your own place," he offered.

"That's too much work for you, and he's going to be mad if I don't get home soon, I should go," Iruka finally let me go.

"I can come with you,"

"No. I'll see you on Monday," I finally retreated from the Academy, leaving Iruka alone.

[Iruka's POV]

"She left again. She's getting hurt, and won't let me help," I said to Kakashi.

"She'll figure it out. Be patient,"

"She's in pain! Eichi is doing this to her and she's getting hurt! I can't stand to see her like this!" Kakashi sat on top of the stump that I was kicking out of frustration.

"Then take him away. If you really love her, then you'll do whatever it takes to get her safe, no matter how your relationship with her ends up," I stopped kicking.

"You're right. Thanks, Kakashi," I ran off to her house, hoping it wasn't too late. I stood at the door and listened. The most painful sobs came from inside, along with muffled screaming. Not only that, the sound of someone being hit repetitively.

"Stop! Please stop!" She cried. I swung the door open to see Eichi with his hands balled into fists with blood on his knuckles. (Y/n) was tucked in a corner, trying to hide from him. After a second of seeing what was going on, I grabbed a kunai from my ninja pouch and grabbed Eichi by the collar of his shirt. I held the kunai up to his throat, and at that moment, I knew that I could have killed him if it wasn't for Kakashi walking in right on time.

"IRUKA!" he yelled. "I'll take care of him, you get (y/n) to the hospital," he said, pulling me off the man. I found her side and started talking to her.

"It's going to be okay, you're going to be okay, (y/n), I'm going to take care of you. Everything is going to be okay," she was losing a battle for sleep, trying her hardest to stay awake. "You can sleep. I'm taking you to the hospital. This'll all be over soon, I promise," I picked her up bridal style to carry her to the hospital. She passed out in my arms. One of her eyes was swollen, bruised with dark purple and red. Her body was covered in bloody spots and bruises everywhere. The worst part I know about this is her mental state after this.

After a few minutes of rushing, we got to the emergency room where she was taken to be treated, and I followed.

"What happened?" One of the nurses asked me.

"Abusive shinobi boyfriend,"

"And who are you?"

"Her best friend," I said sadly. "If only I could have been there sooner," I blamed myself. I could have done better.

"She's lucky you got her here soon enough. You'll have to wait to see her,"

"For how long?"

"A few hours, probably. And I can't guarantee she'll be awake by then. She's got a lot of physical and mental trauma. She might be out for a few days,"

"Okay, thank you so much, I'll be waiting here,"

"Of course," the nurse walked away and I sat by a window and stared at the sunset and waited.

And waited,

And waited,

And waited,

Until

"Iruka Umino, you can come in now," the nurse called after five hours of sitting.

"Is she okay?"

"She'll be okay physically, but I don't know about mentally," I walked into the room to see (y/n) peacefully sleeping with bandages all over, and a cast over one of her arms. Her previously puffed up eye was covered and wrapped. I looked back at the nurse, who promptly left the room as I sat at her side on a chair next to the bed.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry," I whispered. "I love you so much, and if I had said so a year ago before you even met him, none of this would have happened," I knew she couldn't hear me, but I needed to say it. I held her hand, squeezed it a little bit, even, not expecting a response. To my surprise, in her sleep, she held back. I gave her a soft smile and stood a little over her to kiss her forehead. "Wake up soon, okay?" I sat back on my seat and got comfortable, still holding her hand. "I'll be here with you," I closed my eyes and dozed off beside her. The hospital staff had extended the visiting hours for me so I could stay with her as long as she needs me.

"Good morning (y/n), I know you're not going to wake up, but I'll say it anyway. I'll be back in a few hours," I whispered, letting her hand go, but kissing her head again.

I left the room, closing the door behind me, to be met with the nurse from the night before.

"Did she wake up last night?"

"I wish. I'm heading out for a few hours to get ready for the day and get flowers or something,"

"Last night, you said you think of her as a best friend, right?"

"Yes, why?"

"You're in love with her, Mister, am I right?"

"I guess. But that's not what matters right now. Only that she gets better. She's also my teacher assistant at the academy. All the kids there love her, they'll miss having her around," I chuckled. "I'll be back later," I finished as I walked away, and out of the building.

"How is she doing?" I heard Kakashi ask from next to me.

"She's in a coma, what about him?"

"He's stuck at the police station, for now, waiting for a trial. You're lucky I showed up when I did. Or rather, he's lucky. You would have killed him, wouldn't you?"

"Duh. Thanks for showing up, I'm going home to shower and eat. Also get some flowers for her room, even if she is asleep,"

"You have fun with that. See you around," he gave a short salute and hopped away.

That morning I did as I thought. I got a shower and a clean change of clothes and brought some with me in case (y/n) woke up and hated her hospital gown. I grabbed some papers I needed to grade, and stuffed everything into a bag I could take with me. I stopped a the Yamanaka flower shop, and then another store to grab something that won't die in the next few days: a teddy bear.

"I'm back!" I said to the silent room where she laid, completely asleep. I placed the sunflower and daisy arraignment on her bedside table, along with the stuffed bear. I sat and began to grade papers for the rest of the day, waiting for her to wake up.

"They're bringing dinner around, do you want some, or are you going to the cafeteria?" A nurse asked.

"I'll just go to the cafeteria. Thanks anyway," I finished grading all the tests and worksheets I had given my class, and put them back in my folder that went in my bag.

I made my way to the salad bar, made a large salad with chicken and dried cranberries, and lots of other toppings. It wasn't the tastiest thing, but it was better than the regular food they serve. After a few minutes of eating, I went back to her room and sat back in my seat.

"Wake up soon," I said quietly. She took a deep breath and a small smile rested on her face as she slept. "You're so beautiful, (y/n),"

The rest of the weekend passed, eventually, Monday came around and I had to go back to teaching.

"WHERE'S (Y/N)?" was heard all around.

"If everyone would quiet down, I would tell you," the room instantly went quiet. "She's... Sick. Unfortunately, she's stuck at the hospital, and I don't know when she'll be back,"

"We should make her something!" Choji yelled.

"What do you suggest, Choji?"

"We could... Make a poster or something like that!" The room erupted with young voices, all agreeing.

"Then, if you all get your work done today, and there aren't any fights, we'll do it. I'll bring a poster for all of you to sign tomorrow. You can even bring a small gift if you like. I'll take it to her as soon as it's done," everyone was cheering. Even Sasuke and Shikamaru seemed happy with the idea.

The whole class that day was so cheery and everyone listened and did their work. No one got in trouble.

"Good job everyone! I'll bring a poster tomorrow, class dismissed," the whole class left, except Sasuke.

"Iruka Sensei?"

"What's up Sasuke?"

"Is (y/n) Sensei going to be okay?"

"Of course she is. It might be a while, but she'll be alright,"

"Okay, thank you," he walked away, just like that. I'm surprised that he cares so much. I collected papers and left for the hospital.

When I arrived, I couldn't help but smile. She wasn't awake yet, but her eye that was covered had all the bandages off. It was still bruised, but it wasn't as bad as before.

"Hey (y/n). I'm glad you're going to be okay," I sat next to her and held her hand like any other day and started working.

"Iruka...?" I heard a frail voice. Not any frail voice, but her frail voice. I turned my head to look at her.

"(Y/n)? You're... Awake?" My smile grew. I stood to look at her with tears in my eyes. She gave a weak smile as I bent down to give her a light hug, too afraid to hurt her more. "I've been here with you this whole time, I'm so glad you're awake. I love you so much-" I got off of her "-I didn't mean to say that, I'm so sorry,"

"Thank you for staying with me," she smiled again. "I'm sorry for not listening to you, I was scared,"

"I know. And... I really do love you... I know it's not the best time, but I guess you might want to know. I'm always here for you, and I want you to get better so you can be happy again," I sat back down and placed my hand next to hers. I didn't have to grab it that time. She's the one who laced our fingers together.

"What happened to him?"

"He's waiting for a trial. He doesn't matter, you don't have to worry about him anymore," I kissed the back of her hand that I held.

"It should have been you,"

"W-what?"

"That sounded weird, didn't it? I mean, I should have chosen you. A long time ago. I knew how you felt this whole time and ignored the only person who actually cared about me. It should have been you, I'm sorry," my mind went blank.

"Don't be," I replied, leaning on the bed. "I could have just told you sooner, and maybe this wouldn't have happened," a nurse came in and examined the situation. She checked her vitals and decided to have (y/n) stay for a few more days, and left again. She propped herself up and offered for me to sit on the bed with her.

I took my place next to her and smiled. She pulled my arm with her unbroken one around her.

"What are you- I thought this would take a long time for you to get comfortable with,"

"Oh, this is terrifying," she said plainly. "But, I've only ever known you personally to be gentle, it's a little easier to be around you than be alone right now," she admitted. "Plus, you smell really good," she giggled. I sunk into her bed with her, where it's comfortable.

"I'm so glad you're awake," I said again. "You're everything to me," I closed my eyes.

"That's silly," she pulled my hair down and out of its ponytail, and began running her fingers through my hair. "Your job should be most important to you," I could barely even speak, she was basically giving me a head massage.

"I don't care. I love the little kids, but you're always my number one," I whispered, moving to kiss her forehead. She shook her head and grabbed my face, our noses touching. We slowly got closer until she made her move, and our lips were touching, in a long, warm kiss. I eventually, cautiously rested my hand in her hair. "Are you okay?" I asked stupidly.

"Not really, but I'm glad you're here," she smiled, going back to my lips. We went on a few more minutes, enjoying each other, being so close and gentle.

"The kids miss you too," I said.

"When you go in tomorrow, tell them I miss them too,"

"How would you feel if they came in tomorrow?"

"No. I don't want them seeing me like this, just tell them I miss them too,"

"I will," I agreed, holding her close as was comfortable to her. "They might have a surprise for you," I hinted.

"Oh really? That's nice of them. I'm excited to see," She replied, trying to get comfortable. "I don't have anywhere to go after I get out of here,"

"My offer is still open. You can come live with me,"

"I would be more of a burden to you if I came. I don't want that for you."

"Far from it. I really like being around you. If you were staying with me, it would be like the old days, sleepovers all the time. Remember how when we were kids, we would talk about being roommates all the time? It's just how we dreamed, but not exactly how we planned," She snuggled into my chest, still tired.

"Okay," she said sadly. "Thanks," I kissed her hair, trying to comfort her.

"Anything for you," I said quietly as she fell asleep again, but this time I knew she would wake up soon enough.

The next day, I left the hospital early in the morning to get a poster some markers, and a small basket in case anyone but myself brought a gift. She was still sleeping by the time I was gone.

All the kids were there on time, even Naruto.

"Alright, everyone! Let's do this, and maybe we'll end class early," I quickly scribbled the words 'Get well soon' on the poster, and one by one, each of the kids signed their names, and to my surprise, every kid brought a gift. The basket I had gotten was way too small. It was overfilled with candies, chocolates, potato chips, small stuffed animals, and big ones too. Ino even brought a whole bouquet of sunflowers. "I'm impressed," I smiled as they all took their seats. The poster was covered in signatures and notes, along with little drawings.

"We all really miss her!" Ino shouted.

"She misses you guys too. She wishes she could be here. But the good news is that she's doing better than she was yesterday," They all cheered. "And, you don't have to take that quiz I was planning, class dismissed," I finished, watching all the little ones run off.

I saw Sasuke and Naruto glare at each other before making their way to me.

"What is it?" I asked, filled with curiosity.

"Can we please see her?" Naruto pouted.

"Sorry guys, she doesn't want anyone around right now,"

"Is there anything we can do to help?" I thought for a second.

"Sure! Can you go get a bigger basket for all the things that came in for her?"

"Sure thing Sensei!" Naruto replied, running out the door. I looked down at Sasuke and handed him money. He quickly followed after Naruto, yelling at him to slow down. I laughed at the two boys who ran off together.

I stayed at my desk, waiting for them to get back, so I continued to grade papers untill they returned.

"SENSEI!! IS THIS BIG ENOUGH?!?"

Naruto came running in the door with a much bigger brown basket that looked to be able to hold everything just fine.

"Yep! You two can get out of here now, thanks for the help!" And with that, they both left. I started neatly arranging everything and all the cards they wanted to give her individually.

[Time skip]

"Hey I'm back," I walked into her room with the large basket in hand.

"What the-" her eyes widened when she saw the gifts and poster

"I told you that the kids really missed you. I wasn't kidding," I chuckled, placing it on her bed.

"I don't even know what to say," she poked through the basket. She started welling up with tears, impressed by how much work seemed to have gone into this. She told me to move the basket to the ground and gestured for me to come lay down with her.

"Are you alright?" I asked as she hugged me.

"I'm fine, I'm not used to having so many people care about me," I kissed her forehead.

"Get used to it," I replied softly. "A lot more people care about you then you think," I felt her take a deep breath.

"Iruka Sensei! (Y/n) Sensei!" A young voice called. "So you are dating!" I turned my head to look at my student

"Naruto! I told you not to come here!"

"I couldn't help it! I was worried about (y/n)!" He ran up to look at her. "W-what happened to you? Iruka Sensei said you were sick," he asked (y/n). I stood up and pulled him out of the room because (y/n) looked too stressed to reply.

"Get out of here Naruto!" I yelled.

"What happened to her?! You said she was sick, not injured! What's going on?!"

"It's none of your concern, go home," I said firmly, walking back into her room. "Sorry about that," She stared at her hands, slightly shaking. "Hey," I grabbed her hands to calm her down. "(Y/n), look at me," her (e/c) eyes were filled with horror. I wouldn't expect something like that to scare her so much. "Everything is alright, I'm right here,"

"I didn't want anyone to see me like this,"

"I know. I told them to stay away, but that's not Naruto. I'm sorry,"

"Is he going to tell everyone? I don't want everyone finding out I'm hurt. They shouldn't be worried,"

"Hey, hey, hey, I will talk to him. He'll stay quiet. I promise,"

"You promise?"

"I promise," I gently hugged her, and wiped the tears away. "Everything is okay now," I assured her.

She repeated my words over and over.

"Everything is okay now," l sat next to her and cradled her in my arms until she stopped crying, and her breathing slowed to normal. "Thank you, Iruka," she said quietly, holding onto my clothes, gripping me closer to her. "You somehow manage to make everything better. I don't know how you do it,"

"I don't know either. I just want you to be okay. That's all I want," I finally replied, hugging her slightly tighter than before. "I care about how you feel. It's important for you to feel safe. That's what I'm here for,"

"You're doing a great job. Thank you," she yawned and leaned her head on my shoulder. I grabbed my bag from the seat next to the bed and started grading papers from the day before as she closed her eyes.

"You're so cute when your sleepy,"

"Shut up you goof, Let me sleep,"

"Okay, okay. I'll be right here the whole time," I continued to write on the papers, and listened to her light snores as she slept comfortably.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 12.2K 24
Long Naruto oneshots that'll make you blush harder than Kakashi. Written when I was a cringey freshman! Enjoy.
218K 3.1K 81
Probably all smut I do not own any of the Naruto characters Request are open. Enjoy
674K 11.7K 64
Naruto & Naruto Shippuden one shots! I might do Gaiden one shots if I ever decide to update this book and continue writing. I might do Boruto One...
39.5K 500 31
Hi there! This is my first book of Naruto One Shots and I hope you enjoy! There will be a mix between types of worlds some will be in the regular set...