You are mine

By ragexian

Highest ranking #2 in "possessive" #1 in "forcedromance" #1 in "convert" #1 in "islamicromance" #1 in "hijab... More

Copyright
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter-10
chapter-11
chapter-12
chapter-13
chapter-14
chapter-15
chapter-17
chapter-18
chapter 19
chapter-20
chapter-21
chapter-22
chapter-23
chapter-24
chapter 25
Author's note
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
Chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
epilogue

chapter-16

5.6K 263 41
By ragexian

"Where you goin?"

His voice stopped me from approaching his car parked on the side of the road.

"Ah-the car..." I pointed at it unsure of why he's asking me in the first place.

Although I came out of the appartment in this outfit but now that I was out in the open, I wasn't really sure if I could manage anyone finding out what I was wearing. I just wanted to get in the car. out of everyone's sight.

Instead of answering, he took a hold of my arm and started stearing me in the other direction.

I looked back at the car confused.

Weren't we going somewhere though?

I looked around at the apartment buildings on the left where voices were coming out with cut off words by the impact of evening wind.

The sky was being covered by hurriedly rushing clouds that seemed like in their own world, grudging and growling at one another to get past in order to cover most of the area.

The wind pushed my dress against my body that stayed clung on it by the alternate heavy assaults. I had a hard time keeping the scarf in place which I couldn't wrap around properly in a rush.

There was nobody in sight other than couple of cars occassionally passing by.

I looked down at his hand wrapped around my forearm. His opened jacket flapped around due to the wind exposing the white shirt hugging him underneath. It looked like his second skin.

I peak at him to see his half closed eyes, scanning the road ahead. His sharp features stayed unaffected by the wind and I suspected a sense of calm settling in them while his midnight bangs danced their own dance as if ecstatic to recognize the grey clouds as acquaintances.

I know he could sense my eyes on him but neither he spoke nor I prolonged my stare at him.

Sighing I kept walking along as Emma's face didn't leave my thoughts. What must be going on there. What she might be doing.

She must be fuming right now!

Taking a turn, giggles and low barks hit my ears. I noticed a small park at the distance where few kids were playing around close to their mom's who were immersed in conversation with their friends. Few couples were there too, their eyes following their dogs playing.

I suddenly felt self conscious and glanced at king.

"Weather is nice, isn't it?" He spoke for the first time since we left the apartment. This time his voice was relaxed as if nothing happened.

I opened my mouth trying to analyze his words but at the same time fidgeting awkwardly.

"Are we going there?" My voice came out low and uncertain.

He scanned my face and took a deep breath. The direction of wind was opposite now. It was coaxing us from behind, as if urging us to hurry towards the park where everyone was enjoying their time.

"I thought we were going on a-" I trailed off not comfortable in voicing my thoughts.

"..Date?" He completed the sentence for me with amusement flickering in his dark orbs and heat crept up my face and I quickly averted my gaze.

"This way." He walked us towards the small entrance door and soon we made to an empty bench close to the fence and sat on it.

He spread out his long legs in front as he extended his right arm behind me, resting it on the back of the seat and I decided to stay on the edge finding it hard the relax back.

"So do you really think I'll bring you out on a date?" Sarcasm laced his every single word and now I wasn't sure anymore whether I was even able to sit on the edge or not. His close proximity unnerved me.

I just realized how small these benches are!

"I wasn't going to date you anyway." I looked away, focusing on the kids running around in circles while laughing hard.

How carefree their laughs are!

I could sense true joy emanating their essence in powerful waves.

My heart constricted.

"As if I would!" He remarked with mocking disinterest and turned his attention on the surrounding as well.

Something clutched my heart in a tight grip.

I started counting my breaths to divert my attention.

I could see some of the people looking at us apprehensively. Girls staring at God-like creature sitting beside me and then those stares would get directed on me and their eyebrows would furrow.

Probably wondering what a goon like me was doing with this Greek god?

I sighed and decided not to observe anymore faces. I started picking lints from my grey sweatpants that was the only piece I had for the last few months I was here.

I wore it daily like a meditation.

And it was close to give up on my further demands.

Why am I still wearing this?

Now in the open, I could see it was getting worn out. But thankfully, the grayish mist these clouds above created was somehow having a soothing impact on it. As if mingling with the color of my clothing and claiming it without letting me feel awkward.

I didn't know how long I've been ranting inside my mind but every thought blew away when a football hit my ankle, rubbing against my skin painfully, "Ah!" I cried out bending down to have a look.

I felt him lowering over to my side as well. I rolled my eyes and found a football that had landed in my feet from afar but thankfully my skin wasn't bruised or something.

I kicked the football away but then a kid came running towards us observing my actions.

A scowl appeared on his face when he saw me kicking his football away in a rude attempt.

Ah oh!

He stopped in front of us and picked it up and held it under his arm while his other arm settled on his hip.

"You shouldn't have kicked her like that!" The kid accused through his emerald green eyes and a pout formed on his full pink lips.

Her?   

I eyed the football making sure it wasn't some pet I accidentally hit but nope it was definitely a football.

Kids these days!

Wow I officially sound like a grandma now!

"What a baddie!" King coaxed him against me giving that kid his fake sympathetic look which the kid welcomed while nodding vigorously in agreement.

I stared at the king with my mouth hanging open. I was already bad at handling kids but he wasn't helping at all.

"You should say sorry you know!" Kid advised me in what he must have felt was a best motherly look.

"But your football hit me first!" I defended myself.

Okay. I know I must have sounded like a bigger baby than that kid but I felt caved in when both of them ganged up on me all of a sudden.

Kid's pink lips thinned as his cheeks puffed out and I suspected he took my defensive response as an insult. Before I could have second thoughts, football came whooshing over me like an arrow and it would have twisted my nose for sure this time if not for king to catch it a second before it could hit me right in the face.

The kid really was mad at me!

"Now now now," king stood up with football in his hand, " let's not be rude." He approached the kid who was looking him up with mad expression.

"But she dis-ref-pected me!" The kid used his best vocabulary to intimidate me.

Why is everyone coming after me! I frowned inwardly.

The last thing I needed was kids of this area turning up on me.

"How about we have a deal, big boy?" King asked as he pushed the football down to the ground but before it could hit the ground, his feet caught it swinging it in the air with skilled moves.

The kid's eyes followed the movement  looking like, they practically saw a gold popping out of the ground.

His eyes rounded in astonishment and king smirked, satisfied at the reaction he got, " I play with you for few minutes  and you let her go this time." He offered.

Kid's eyes analyzed me as his tiny brain processed the words.

"I'll let her go cause she looks kinda cute." That kid added as an afterthought making my eyebrows skyrocket.

So he though I looked kinda cute.

King analyzed the kid for a while and then turned to look at me, running his eyes all over my body, taking my outfit in and then frowned back at the kid.

Yeah right!

I also wonder why would that kid honor me with such words. I'm with you on this.

"Back off, buddy! She's mine."  King went in full defensive mode.

Okay, Can somebody explain to me what's happening?

The kid blinked up at king.

But then as if in a daze he quickly nodded his head again. Taking a signal king hit the football this time in the air which went high up before landing right back in his foot and kid chuckled uncontrollably clapping his hands as he jumped up and down in appreciation.

Joy evident on his now innocent features as if he forgot all the anger in a second.

"Come get it!" King shouted now, from further away, as his feet danced around the football and kid leapt on it, as if hypnotized.

From then on, my eyes never left king who was now immersed in playing with that kid. There wasn't the intensity that surrounds his features while playing the actual football games with his buddies.

But this time, I could see the joy creeping in on his features that he stole from the kid in the process, who huffed and puffed to chase down the football.

He looked like completely different person.

I didn't think for a second that I would be experiencing all of it this evening.

My body relaxed now that cool wind smoothed the newly showered skin down with care. The air was cool and the blurred sun was slowly setting down creating the orangey hew on the edge while the rest of the sky reflected yellowish clouds now.

An icecream came into my line of vision and I woke up from my musings seeing king hovering over me with two cups of icecream in his hands.

He was looking down at me as if openly reading me and I quickly closed my self off to prevent him from exploring my inner world.

He extended his hand which held the icecream, "I figured you would like the chocolate flavor." He stated knowingly.

I took it from him not giving him the pleasure to know that his assumption was perfectly on spot.

Settling down again, he took a scoop of icecream, looking far off.

I looked down at mine, suddenly nervous to eat around him. I felt a slight tremor in my hand that held the icecream. It felt so alien to be around him and eat just like that.

While on the other hand, he couldn't look more relaxed.

What a bipolar personality!

Earlier he was shouting at Emma and now he was playing around and eating ice cream.

How could I be around someone so--unpredictable!

How do I know if this is his real self or the other one?

"Earlier-" he started as he gulped down to empty his mouth and my gaze helplessly rested on his heart shaped lips. Those were red due to eating fresh ice cream.

Seeing something other than cigarette in between those lips looked foreign!

He looked over to me, giving me full view of a perfect heart and my breath released on it's on accord.

I looked down at the ice cream. Flushed.

God, I'm pathetic!

I need to learn how to control this heat spreading inside my body!

I need to stop blushing all the God damned time he looked at me!

Grinding my teeth, I kept my eyes glued to the ice cream.

"Were you okay with going on a date with me?" After meeting my silence he added," I mean you came along right!"

"I didn't come. You forcefully brought me here!" I corrected him without wasting a second.

"But you're here." He emphasized.

I got up from the bench with ice cream in hand," I wanna go back."

"Sit down."

"No."

I heard him exhale in response, " why?"

"I got study to do. Tests are right around the corner." I explained while shifting on my feet.

God, let me out of here already!

Slapping his thigh with the left hand in surrender, he got up, "let's go then."

He just agreed! Strange.

We exited the park and started walking back in the direction of my apartment.
People were slowly leaving the park because it was getting dark now.

As soon as I reach home, I'll start studying. Test anxiety was nagging up on me along with the problem of not going to Harry this evening.

Did king come around this time to make sure I'm at the apartment?

To say the truth, I hadn't had much courage to go in that place after what I encountered yesterday.

"Finish your icecream." I forgot how deep his voice was until he spoke while walking right beside me.

I looked down at the melting icecream.

The rest of the walk went by while us eating our icecream. Relief finally swept over me when my apartment building came into view.

I narrowed my eyes at the entrance in case Emma was there instead I saw a car parked beside king's and I recognized it to be Jake's.

She must have called him to tell everything and he's here now as expected.

"So how was the date?" I halted midstep  up the stairs.

"It wasn't a date." I denied.

What happened to him mocking me over thinking that it was a date?

He stopped in front of me as he looked at his fingers tracing the rim of the icecream cup. His midnight bangs hanging low, became one with the dark night that was void of any stars that could be seen if not for the stubborn clouds to cover them up.

I noticed the doorsteps of other apartments lit up with the lights but the other side of the open area gave an eerie dark feeling.

I unconsciously took a step further back up on the stairs.

"Why won't you call it a date?" He looked up and titled his head to gauge my reaction for any possible answer.

Why does he tilt his head like this!

I looked down, clenching the fabric of my shirt. Little yellow feet of tweety hid inside my fist as I refused to look up at him, "Cause it was nothing like one." I whispered out.

"I can make it like one." He assured making my heart jump into my throat.

Now what's that supposed to mean!

He stepped closer making me step backward as the sounds of cricket chirping vanished in the background replaced by rising buzzing sound in my ears.

His eyes scanned the hesitation that was obvious on my face. My eyes were wide, looking down at him standing at on the edge of stairs, with every cell of my body ready to oblige my command any second now.

That's it!

If he moved another muscle, I'll break into a run.

This internal fight increased as my bulged out eyes stayed locked in his hawk like gaze.

Why does he look like he's not thinking anything!

Or Is it that i can't read his mind!

God! Help me please.

Why's he still looking at me like that. I found myself getting hypnotized as my mind started wobbling in concentration. As if my sight was getting zoomed in on his eyes, losing focus on the rest of the surrounding.

I'll totally miss if he moved or anything.

My heart is already stuck in my throat and now my head isn't functioning properly.

Just great!

His unwavering gaze was tightening up the already tied knots inside of me. Is it just the night or he just looks extra mysterious right now!

What's going on in his mind.

I'll pay anything to find that out!

"Come with me." His lips moved relieving me from the trance.

Wait, what did he say?

"What?" I blurted out like an idiot.

Without answering me, he approached me. I turned around hastily, already panicking how late I moved. Before I could even take another step, his arm snaked around my torso. The next thing I knew, I was flying up in the air, "hey! Put me down!" I shrieked out as he turned us around and lowered me on the ground, down the stairs.

As my feet hit the ground I turned around, fuming at his now shadowy face because his back was blocking the light from behind," what do you think you are doing huh?" I raised my voice at him, done with this stupid game of his.

"We are going on a date."

Is this guy serious!

"I don't date!" Frustration was laced up with my every single word.

He lowered his face making me lean backwards,"Neither do I!"

This left me speechless, puzzled.

And that's the exact moment he has been waiting for, cause his hand encircled around my wrist and made it towards his car.

He pushed me inside the car.

What the heck!

Is he serious!

Curling my fingers around the dashboard I turned around. I had to stay focused or else this guy would kidnap me and I would not be even aware of it.

"Are kidnapping me or something?" I asked him bewildered, looking outside the window. If I called Emma, will she hear my voice?

"You wish!" He commented while getting inside the car.

I was so done with everything.

His cologne was lingering inside the car making the air its slave.

I leaned back folding my arms on my chest.

I had no fight left inside of me.

I don't know what he thinks we were doing before and what we're going to do now.

He revved the car out in the open road and soon cold wind started brushing against my face. Even though I felt like just snuggling up and going to sleep right there and then, I had to stay awake.

I wonder what my parents would do if they knew what was going on here.

They would definitely freak out ending up calling me back to Pakistan.

Nothing seems to work here. I can't tutor Harry properly. There's the issue of tests fee. I haven't done enough preparation yet.

My headaches are getting worse every other day.

Soon my hair would start turning grey and I'll go back to Pakistan without my degree and grey hair.

Buildings blurred out as he kept speeding on the road. I didn't wanna look over at him. The space was too closed up.

The only sense of freedom was the view outside the window. As if I wasn't inside this car beside him but out in the open.

After about ten minutes the car stopped in front of what looked like a brightly lit restaurant. The neon lights created a mysterious hue against the otherwise dark glass and interior of the restaurant that was visible from here.

It complimented his personality.

As if made especially for someone like him!

He made no effort to get out or ask-more like tell me to get out.

I turned around to find him removing his jacket and throwing it on the back seat. His white shirt glowed inside the car and he rolled up his cufflinks to show his forearms. I looked at the veins apparent on them due to work out His hands that were working on the sleeves showed the bluish veins, popping out in the middle.

"Let's go." With that he exited the car leaving my every single cell in an alert mode.

Did he expect me to go inside that restaurant wearing this!

I looked down at myself chewing my lower lip and threw a wary look around. There must be really posh people coming to eat but he expects me to go there while wearing my worst possible clothing.

I quickly rushed out of the car and ran after him before he could enter. Holding him back by the arm, I stopped him right next to the stairs that led up to the uniformed guard.

"Hey, we can't go inside!" I whisper screamed lowly, eyeing the guard to see if he heard but his face stayed professionally disinterested.

King looked down at me tugging on the sleeve of his white shirt. I unclenched my fingers, suddenly conscious of my actions and left it taking a step back. Embarrassment crawled up my body.

"Why not?" He turned fully towards me.

My eyes peered up at him pleading," You want me to go inside like this?"

I pointed at my self in a wild gesture.

His eyes followed the signal.

Oh God! Why on earth did I shift his attention on my look!

Now what! He's looking me up as if I'm an exhibition.

"Why, what's wrong?" He asked, his voice sounded like coming out from far off.

"You can't be serious!" I turned around, to go back inside the car but he didn't let me take a step away as he held me in place by grabbing my arm.

"What a pleasure to see you again-" came a third voice and we both turned around to find that bald man from that day in the parking lot coming down the stairs," and her." His over friendly eyes landed on me and then on king's hand around my arm.

King's grip tightened around my arm on its own. The familiar uncomfortable feeling surrounded me and I felt exposed under that man's gaze.

"You!" That's all king responded with.

"Surprised to see me?" Man grinned and his beady eyes disappeared under the flaps of his hooded eyelids. He finally lowered down the stairs standing few feet away from king," what a coincidence." He trailed off thoughtfully.

"Nothing is a coincidence in your world." King's solid voice broke the web of uncertainty man's voice created inside of me.

He grinned at king's comment," Always analyzing everything like a shark. Nothing ever changes about you Kingston." He then leaned sideways to look at me. As if on cue, king pushed me behind him.

"State your business." King demanded in a stern tone.

The man clasped his hands together  sucking in a thoughtful breath, and turned around to look at the guard who was silently accessing this exchange.

"I don't think it's safe to state here. What about we go somewhere..." he pocketed his hands inside his dark jeans pocket," less chaotic."

The thought of going anywhere with this guy felt like a bad idea.

I clutched king's sleeve in desperation, not ready to go anywhere. If king decided to go along, he'll bring me along as well which was a big no no.

As if sensing my insecurity, king raised his chin to look down at this tough man in front. King's height gave him advantage over this otherwise muscular man.

"You better get down to business cause I don't have enough time."

Upon hearing this, the man peered down at me but king shifted to get back his attention, meeting man's intelligent gaze with his own steely one.

I shifted on my spot, looking back at the car that although was parked just at couple feet but looked too far to approach.

Knowing king wasn't going to budge, the man stepped closer as if ready to share some dark secret and my ears perked up.

"I just feel like you should be extra careful after what went down that day. Jay's not much happy about getting his men beaten up. Especially after he found a thorn-" his gaze slipped over at me before meeting king's again, "right in the middle of your throat that he's planning to use to cut down-"

King grabbed him by the collar before he could utter another word. I stumbled back. The man grabbed king's hand but couldn't break his grip," tell that dog," king lowered his face closer to the man and sneered, " I don't take threats nicely."

With that, he let the man go who's grin was now wiped off, transforming into one of a sour look as if he just tasted blood.

He looked up at king, his eyes screaming murder. Throwing one final dead look my way, he hurried down the other side with long manly steps that meant urgent business.

King turned around and steered us back to the car instead, restaurant long forgotten.

My mind was still stuck in that look of the man.

What did he mean by the thorn?

Why did he look at me while saying that?

Is that a bad news? Is king in danger? Am I in danger?

But again I don't know anything about king.

I don't even know the person I'm going around places with.

What if he turns out someone dangerous and gets me in danger as well!

Nobody's here to protect me from these people. They look scary. God knows what they do.

Another wave of vertigo struck me.

My head started spinning in exhaustion and all the depression I've been having lately.

I clutched my forehead with freehand as the wave of dizziness clouded my vision.

Unaware of what he was doing to me, he opened the passenger door of the car and waited for me to climb inside.

"No." I grabbed the door to upright myself before I could fall right inside the seat.

Why do I suddenly weak so weak. I adjusted my weight on legs that seemed like turning into a jelly.

I felt an arm snaking around my back again as the other arm was wrapped under my knees and I was hauled into the seat followed by the bang of door getting closed and he rounded the car before opening the door and settling in himself.

My monologue was going on inside my head as I robotically settled inside the car.

Suddenly the air smelled like him and it started suffocating me.

It wasn't my first time inside his car but no matter how many times I'm inside it with him, it always gives off a feeling of falling down in a cave. As if walls are getting closed up around me and I'll get crushed by him in between those walls.

I needed to go!

I needed to run off.

Emma will know if I go missing right!

I patted my upper thighs where usually my cellphone is placed inside my jeans pockets but then realized that I was wearing sweatpants.

God no!

Nothing goes my way!

Why everything has to be messed in my life!

How am I supposed to get help!

"Hey calm down!" Somebody shook me up but I realized I was shaking uncontrollably. I opened my eyes and felt like getting drowned inside those empty eyes that were so close to me.

"Breathe!" His words registered inside my brain long after his lips moved. He took a long breath in and I followed him while looking up at him as he held it inside and then released it. His eyes kept me in focus throughout this time.

He nodded at me in encouragement as I felt him rub my arms to create friction. Soon I felt the blood start circulating again as heat started spreading inside of me.

I gulped down blinking couple of times as my eyelids felt like heavy rocks, immovable drooping on their own accord.

He pushed me gently against the headrest and my body went in that direction, having no internal control of it's own.

"You're okay." He reassured as my eyes dropped until I was unable to open them up anymore.

"What's happening to me?" I whispered out from labored breaths that were going back to normal.

I was surprised my state went downhill this fast.

This almost never happened.

"You just had a panic attack I guess. But I'm not sure. Never dealt with one before." His voice came out strained as I heard shuffling around in the car.

Panic attack!

I never had one.

Was that a panic attack? Was my depression getting this serious?

"Open your mouth," I felt something cold linger against my lips and I wanted to see what it was but I had no energy to open my eyes.

I felt my lips parting and soon cold water seeped inside my mouth from the bottle and I gulped it down like a thirsty camel.

"Slowly!" His voice held softness or was it my fading consciousness, I wasn't sure.

After a while, I pushed my hand against the bottle but it made contact with his fingers creating a tinge of electricity that rushed up my spine, making my body go alive at the contact but then having no more strength, I lowered down my hand. He lowered the bottle away from my mouth. I wiped my mouth with the back of my sleeve.

"How're you feeling now?" He spoke near my ear and I just shook my head.

"Fuck!" A curse left his mouth as he ran his fingers through his hair wildly. Worry flickering all over his features and his aura gave off the graveness of the situation.

Turning it towards the window hoping for the fresh air to clear my senses.

As if reading my mind, he started the engine and I felt the first gash of wind hitting my face with a promise to lull me into unconsciousness soon.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 341K 52
"I hope you realize you made the worst f**king decision of your life." She could feel his cold icy blue eyes piercing through her soul. "I didn't as...
210K 8.5K 42
"You Have to marry me & if you say 'no' then I'll kill everyone & forcefully marry you..I'll claim you either by hook or crook. Am I clear?" John sa...
727K 3.6K 4
"SHE BELONGS TO ME!! SHE BELONGS TO THE DANIEL KNIGHT!!" °°°°°°° "He is handsome as hell but something about him screams danger." ••••••••••• "I don'...
160K 5.1K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...