Incognito

By xxblagitxx

in·cog·ni·to ˌinkägˈnētō,inˈkägniˌtō/ 1. (of a person) having one's true identity concealed. "in order... More

Incognito
Ch. 1 "Help Him"
Ch. 2 "Clark Jordan"
Ch. 3 "Bad Boys Are Sexy"
Ch. 4 "Blondie"
Ch. 5 "Could I Bing You?"
Ch. 6 "Aaron's Party"
Ch. 7 "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"
Ch. 8 "Pickles Is Just My Nickname"
Ch. 9 "Shot Me Out of the Sky"
Ch. 10 "Itsy-Bitsy-Teenie-Weenie-Yellow-Polka-Dot Bikini"
Ch. 11 "I Won't Eat Cookies Before Dinner"
Ch. 12 "So Yummy I Could Rip His Shirt Off And Lick His Abs"
Ch. 13 "Below Average"
Ch. 14 "Fish Have Teeth In Their Throats"
Ch. 15 "Named Them After The Wilson Brothers"
Ch. 16 "Loose All My Masculinity Creds"
Ch. 17 "Photo With Our Tamagotchi"
Ch. 18 "A Guitar Playing Giraffe"
Ch. 19 "Giggle Giggle Giggle"
Ch. 20 "My Thighs Are Just Really Plush And Soft"
Ch. 21 "Call Me, Beep Me"
Ch. 22 "Playing Charades"
Ch. 23 "You Just Ate One Of The Bernstein's"
Ch. 24 "Right Outside"
Ch. 25 "Sure He's Not A Cat"
Ch. 26 "The Silent Treatment"
Ch. 27 "Update: Patient Growled"
Ch. 28 "Santa Shops at Target"
Ch. 29 "The Best Place To Make Friends"
Ch. 30 "Friendship Bracelets Are Vital"
Ch. 31 "Because I'm Manly"
Ch. 32 "Did You Know"
Ch. 33 "Pretty Dang Flipping Complicated"
Ch. 34 "The Heart Wants What It Wants"
Ch. 35 "The Front Door"
Ch. 36 "He Can't Wink"
Ch. 37 "Chicken Nuggets"
Ch. 38 "You Know How He Gets With Chocolate"
Ch. 39 "Without Love"
Ch. 41 "Pure Bromance"
Ch. 42 "Eagle Scout"
Ch. 43 "Human Compass"
Ch. 44 "Rock My World"
Ch. 45 "Goodbye Clark Jordan"
Ch. 46 "Close As Strangers"
Ch. 47 "Just Google Him"
Ch. 48 "I Need To Hear You Say It"
Ch. 49 "The Night of Nights"
Ch. 50 "Hottest Hot Person"
Ch. 51 "Pros and Cons"
Ch. 52 "How Ducking Embarrassing"
Ch. 53 "My Hero Bill Nye"
Ch. 54 "Baby Got Back"
Ch. 55 "Lay All Your Love On Me"
Incognito Q&A / Flash

Ch. 40 "You And I Collide"

20.3K 858 412
By xxblagitxx

Chapter 40

"Surprise!"

I cover my mouth, grinning from ear-to-ear as I look at the crowd of people with party hats and confetti.

Everyone is yelling happy birthday to me all at once. I see all of my friends, grinning or dancing or drinking or just having a blast. It makes me happy.

I see Emerson, Trent, and Braden. I see Peter, Grace, and Clayton. I see Anthony and even Willow, who I'm surprisingly not upset to see. Everyone's here.

Kyle had just taken me out to dinner for my birthday, and I thought we were just going back to mine to watch a movie.

"Did you do this?" I ask Kyle, smiling up at my boyfriend.

He nods and kisses my nose. I bury my head into his chest as I hug him tightly.

"Happy birthday, honeybun!" Luke cries and pulls me away from Kyle.

I giggle and hug Luke as well. Kyle gets agitated and decides to take me back, pressing my back to his chest, his arms wrapping around my waist.

"Guess who came!" Luke challenges with an excited grin, ignoring Kyle's possessiveness that was actually kind of hot.

"Uh..I'm hoping like-"

"Wrong!" Luke cuts me off.

"Oh," I breathe as Kyle chuckles at his friend.

"I, the greatest best friend slash manager slash famous person in the world, have invited the one and only.." he pauses for dramatic effect. "Logan Lerman!"

Kyle drops his hands from around my waist and moves to put them on Luke's shoulders. "Luke, why the hell would you invite my girlfriend's celebrity crush to her birthday party?"

Luke squints as he thinks about an answer. "I don't really know."

I laugh and hug Kyle from behind. There's no reason for him to be worried; I'm all his. He spins around in my grip to kiss the top of my head.

"Remember, Kyle, I'm not really Logan's type," I remind him of his own words teasingly.

He rolls his eyes. "You're everybody's type, Cassie."

"Not true," Luke objects.

I hold a hand to my heart in offense. "Well, that hurt a little bit."

"Please," Kyle laughs, "Luke had a major crush on you after that first day you guys met."

I gape at Luke, a teasing smile on my face. "Oh really?"

Luke just rolls his eyes. He looks across the room, a new smile coming on his face. He takes my hand in his and starts dragging me behind him.

I trip over my own feet when I attempt to look back at Kyle and end up on the floor.

"And that would be Cassidy," Luke says, not moving to help me off the floor.

I look up to see Logan Lerman, a small smile on his face. He bends down and sticks out his hand to help me.

Oh damn.

I blush and take his hand, pushing myself off the ground. "Thank you, Logan Lerman."

He laughs, "you're welcome. Happy birthday, Cassidy Nelson."

My eyes widen at my name coming out of his mouth. Shit, he's even more gorgeous in person.

Just as I'm about to compliment him on his face, my boyfriend comes out of nowhere with his arm wrapped around my waist securely.

"Kyle?" Logan asks in shock. "Dude, I haven't seen you in-"

"I'm not Kyle," Kyle lies straight to his old friend's face. "Just kind of look like Kyle Blackburn."

"Kind of?" Logan laughs. "You could be his twin brother!"

"This is Clark Jordan," I introduce Kyle for himself, "he's my...friend."

"Friend?" Kyle challenges with a raised eyebrow and removes his arm from around my waist.

I smile innocently and turn to Logan again. We start conversing about random things. Luckily, Luke stuck around to keep the conversation casual when I'd freak out at the realization I was talking to Logan Lerman.

Kyle left after some point, and I felt sort of guilty. But c'mon! He would've done the same thing if we were talking to one of the Victoria Secret Angels.

"And then I was like 'dude, that's a hotdog!'," Luke laughs, finding himself way too funny.

The conversation is on Kyle Blackburn. It's intriguing, yet completely horrifying all at once. I've found out a lot about Kyle's party days.

"I remember once when we were playing beer pong and he-"

"Cass!" Braden interrupts, not allowing me to hear the rest of Logan's story. "Why haven't I seen you all-"

He stops short when he sees Logan, his eyes widening. Logan glances at Braden with a small smile.

"Hey," Logan says and waves.

Braden just lets out a high-pitched scream and runs away.

When my eyes look around in the direction Braden ran off in, I connect gazes with Kyle.

He's leaning against a wall, his arms crossed over his chest. A serious look of jealousy is on his face. It'd be a lot more sexy if he wasn't holding a juice box in his hand.

"I love you," I mouth with a huge smile.

He squints his eyes and lifts his hand to his ear and mouths, "what?"

"I love you," I repeat, signing the action now.

He holds his arms to his side in confusion, a smirk on his face. He then mouths, "but I'm just a friend."

I frown as he starts talking to some girl that goes to our school.

Trent and Emerson have now joined the conversation with Luke and Logan. I try to join in, but my mind keeps going back to Kyle.

He wouldn't cheat on me out of spite, right? That one night was a drunken mistake with Willow. It's not like he'd do it soberly.

My mind leads my feet to march straight over to Kyle and the laughing girl. I move her out of the way and cup Kyle's face in my hands before kissing him.

He kisses back immediately and wraps his arms around my waist to pull me closer.

"Hot damn!" Luke yells from across the room.

I smile into the kiss and pull away, looking into Kyle's eyes. He brushes his nose against mine sweetly.

"I love you," he finally says with a smile.

"Thank you," I laugh, glancing at the girl I might've accidentally shoved. "I'm sorry about that. Just a jealous girlfriend over here."

She laughs. "Don't worry. He wasn't flirting with me anyways."

"I asked her what I should do about my girlfriend who said I was her friend in front of Logan Lerman," Kyle explains.

"I told him to let you be a girl," the girl laughs.

"Thank you!" I exclaim and laugh, my arms trailing up and down Kyle's back.

"But it's fine because you fixed both our problems," Kyle muses and glances back at Logan.

I take his hand in mine. "Will you dance with me?"

"It would be my honor, angel," he whispers and kisses me softly.

Collide by Howie Day is playing, one of my favorite songs.

Kyle places a hand on my waist, the other one still connected with my own. I place my hand where his shoulder and neck connect.

"You suck at dancing," he teases as I step on his foot for the seventh time.

"You suck at being a boyfriend," I mutter passive aggressively.

"Damn," he laughs, spinning me.

I smile as we reconnect, his head lowering to rest his forehead on my shoulder.

"I was only partially kidding," I say, my hands running through his blonde hair.

"Partially!" he exclaims and lifts his head back up to look at me in bewilderment. "I take that as a challenge!"

I laugh as he spins me again, pulling me closely to his chest. "I never took you for a dancer."

"I was a stripper, baby," he reminds huskily.

I blush and bury my head in his shoulder. "They teach you how to waltz?"

"I was taught a lot of things," he laughs and spins me out and back in smoothly. "I can show you some things."

I shake my head, biting my lip. "You need to slow down, big boy."

He laughs and dips me, his face slowly growing closer to mine. My heart is beating out of my chest, feeling like I'm falling in love all over again.

"You finally find," he sings the last verse softly against my lips, "you and I collide."

I connect our lips as the last strum of the song is played.

I completely forgot that we were in a house full of people until I heard the cheers from my friends. Blushing, I breakaway from the kiss with my arms still around Kyle.

The song change gets everyone dancing instead of gawking at our PDA.

Luke and Braden start grinding against me to the Pussycat Doll song, Buttons. I laugh, my hand still connected with Kyle's.

I see Logan talking to Kyle, the two laughing about something. It makes me sad that Kyle can't talk to his old friend with memories like Luke and Logan did. He has to pretend to be someone else.

Tonight was the perfect night.

The party ended and now I was sitting in my bed, Kyle's arms around my waist as we watch a movie on my laptop.

My dad and Laura and Frankie were at Laura's, so technically we were all alone.

But yet we still chose to just watch the comedy Zoolander with Ben Stiller.

Kyle laughs, "his versatile calendar!"

I giggle with my head rested on his chest. This movie is so stupid, it hurts.

Kyle seems to love it, so I let him keep watching. Plus, he looks really cute laughing at the stupidity.

I spend a lot of the time watching Kyle's face instead of the movie. It's kind of magical how beautiful he is.

I start drawing circles on his stomach, not able to pay attention to this movie. I've seen it before, since Peter loves it as well.

He let's out a girlish giggle and slaps my hand away. "It tickles!"

"You're so adorable," I muse.

"I'm not adorable!" he argues in a deeper voice. "I'm a manly man."

I laugh and kiss his jaw. "Whatever stops the tears, cutie."

He closes the top of the laptop, setting it aside to fully press his lips against my own. He shifts us so he's on top.

I giggle as he pulls back to flex for me, trying to show off all of his muscles.

"Impressive," I laugh and poke his abs that are actually really impressive.

He rolls his eyes. "Some people say I'm as manly as David Hasselhuff."

I laugh and pull his lips back on mine. His hands hold onto my hips tightly, his thumbs circling on the skin.

I don't even know how to express my love for him anymore. It's still so scary being this in love and knowing he's that in love with me.

But at the same time I wouldn't change it for a thing.

Because I'm in so love with him and he's so in love with me and it's a beautiful thing.

We stop kissing after a few, wonderful minutes and decide to just cuddle. I always love cuddling with Kyle. He makes me feel so loved and so wanted.

"It's crazy how beautiful you are," he whispers and presses a kiss behind my ear. "And not just on the outside."

I smile at his words, even if they were very cheesy. "I'm lucky to be in love with you."

He chuckles, his chest sending vibrates through my body. "It's definitely the other way around."

"That's not true," I argue, rolling so I can face him and look him in the eyes. "You're easily the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Isn't that scary?" he whispers, his nose brushing mine.

"Very," I say and kiss his lips chastely. "But I think it's worth the terror, this beauty we have."

"Getting deep," he giggles and cups the side of my face.

"That's what she said," I joke.

Kyle's eyes widen by my joke. "Cassidy Nelson! I'll call your father right now!"

I laugh and snuggle into his arms, letting out a content sigh. We lay in silence for a bit, just enjoying the presence of one another.

"You're eighteen now," Kyle reminds. "Damn, I'm dating an older woman!"

"You've dated a thirty year old," I laugh.

"But she wasn't nearly as hot as you," Kyle says. "Just kind of good at sex."

I cover my ears and repeat, "I'm not hearing this. I'm not hearing this."

Kyle let's out a booming laugh and takes my hands off my ears. "Kidding! Just blow jobs."

"Kyle!" I yell and slap his face in a way that won't actually hurt him.

"Cassie!" he mimics in a girlish scream.

I pout and turn away from him, my arms crossed over my chest. This only makes Kyle chuckle.

"Aw, honey, you know I was messing with you," he coos gently. "Don't be mad."

Silent.

"Cassieeeee," he whines, tickling my sides.

I laugh and spin around, jello in his hands. "Cut it out!"

He stops the torture and kisses me instead. "Your wish is my command, princess."

"Thank you, kind sir," I say in a posh voice.

We spend the rest of the night talking until three in the morning or so. It's random talk, mostly. We're both too tired to talk about anything serious anymore.

Just as I'm drifting off to sleep, I can hear Kyle's sweet voice singing in my ear.

"You finally find, you and I collide."

~~

AN:

they finally have a song yess biotches! listen to it if you don't know it! (Collide by Howie Day)

I've been writing this chapter like the whole day so hopefully you enjoyed it

I did, I really did

thanks for all the birthday wishes:) you guys are so sweet!

Logan Lerman gives me a lot of feelings

but you know what else does? their relationship

•comment•vote•enjoy•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 171 15
Discover (adj.) find (something or someone) unexpectedly or in the course of a search. "𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝." "𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐲�...
426K 12.2K 22
A widower. A runner. An ex sister-in-law who won't let go.
3.4K 82 15
Ryan can't be real with himself, or anybody else about who he truly is. Can he get comfortable with the truth before he loses out on everything he re...
2.1K 65 15
Trickster (adj.) a person who cheats or deceives people "𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐦." 【 oc x...