Game Changer

By MomoTeuwaiseu

Yujin decided to be a third-wheel on her brother's date in order to escape doing some household chores. Littl... More

Unexpected Day
First Day
Unexpected Meeting
An Awkward Day
Imperfect Girl
Truth
Perfect Day
Sacrifice
Good Girl Gone Bad
What's Happening?
Outing
What Went Wrong?
Trust
One Week
She Knows Everything
Sweet Talker
White Lies
No Way
The Favor
Consent Pt. 2
Consent Pt. 3
Consent Pt. 4
DRUG XXX
The Cure
Deal
Lost in Japan
Wrong Move
Unsaid Memories

Consent Pt. 1

300 7 10
By MomoTeuwaiseu

It's funny how the universe can mess up your life. One example might be Yujin and Minjoo's relationship. Even though they were seperated 8 or 9 years ago, they managed to find their way back. However, it looks like the universe is trying to rip them off for the second time around.

"What do you mean there are only two victims?" Matthew asked.

"There are only 2 copies of the parent's consent. And as you can see both parents of the victims signed in that waiver." the old lady answered.

"Eomma, are you telling me the Mrs. Ahn, I mean the researcher, signed this consent not as the researcher of the project but as a parent?" Eunbi asked

"Exactly. I'm still wondering why would she use her daughter for this horrible experiment." the old woman stated.

Everybody felt their body shiver after knowing the truth. But how did this all happen?

A month ago when Yujin and Minjoo heard their connection with one another, they really tried their best to keep a distance from each other. However, Ms. Kang told Minjoo to act as a substitute teacher for Eunbi will not be able to participate in the camp in Busan.

For the second time, Eunbi have no idea that Ms. Kang will again contact Minjoo to be her substitute teacher. She keeps on wondering why, because there are a lot of teachers in the school.

When Eunbi asked Minjoo if she's alright with it, Minjoo answered:

"It's okay, unnie. I owe Ms. Kang alot. It's my way of paying her back."

"I don't want your heart to break, Minjoo-yah."

"It's okay, unnie. I can handle it."

Minjoo also joined in the investigation. She needs to know more. For her and Yujin. She needs to know how can she fix this mess and be with Yujin once again.

Three days before the trip

"So, we decided to go to Busan to meet your parents on the day of the school trip." Sakura announced.

"But why? I want to come with you but I'm gonna need to be on the school camp." Minjoo pouted.

Eunbi laughed because she will not attend to the camp to participate in the investigation. She also thought that it will be better if Minjoo would not participate in this mess. The more Minjoo know about this, their life would be at stake. Luckily, Minjoo is stuck in guiding Building B-1 students.

"Minjoo-yah, I think you should prepare your things for the trip." Eunbi ordered.

"Okay, Unnie!" Minjoo left the living room.

"Soooo, does your parents know about Minjoo's memories?" Nako asked.

"They don't know it yet. They are kinda surprised that I told them that we're visiting them."

"They don't know why we're visiting?" Matthew asked.

"Yup! I think it's better if we'll ask them on the spot."

"Is Chaewon gotta come with us? I think she wanted to help with this investigation. She told me that Minjoo is not yet talking to her." Sakura said.

"About that. I already talked to her. I asked her to go with Minjoo on the trip to keep an eye on her."

"Wow. How can that be possible?" Sakura asked.

"Chaewon is Hyewon's cousin remember?" Eunbi replied.

"Yeah, I know. But how can Chaewon persuade Hyewon to go with Minjoo on the trip?"

"Hmmm. I don't know how she'll do it, but she texted me earlier that Hyewon agreed to bring Chaewon with her."

"Atleast everything is settled." Nako stated.

It's the day of the camp. Ms. Kang saw Minjoo walking her way on the school bus.

"Ms. Kim!"

"Oh. Hello, Ms. Kang." Minjoo bowed at the older girl.

"Are the students ready?"

"Yes, Ma'am. We are just waiting for Jang Wonyoung and Ahn Yujin."

A teacher ran towards Ms. Kang and was catching her breath.

"MS. KANG! MS. AHN AND MS. SHIN ARE FIGHTING ON THE GATE!"

"WHAT?" Both teachers said in unison.

Minjoo and Hyewon ran towards the gate and saw two girls pinning each other while Wonyoung was sitting on the bench, crying.

"BOTH OF YOU! STOP!" Ms. Kang shouted.

Yujin released the other girl and glared at her.

"I told you to stay away from her."

"YUJIN! Go with Ms. Kim to the clinic. Same with you, Ryujin. Go with Ms. Minatozaki to her office. And Ms. Jang, come with me to the office."

Minjoo saw Yujin walking to her direction. It's been a month since they last saw each other. She don't know what she'll say to the other girl. What surprised her is that as she was about to greet the girl, Yujin walked pass through her, acting like she didn't notice Minjoo.

It hurts. How can she forgot that they are ignoring each other? She just followed Yujin to the clinic only to found out that the nurse is not available, so she'll be taking care of Yujin's wounds.

Minjoo prepared the first aid kit and went to the table while Yujin was seating quietly.

"Uhm. Can I see your face?" Minjoo asked.

Yujin lifted her face and Minjoo saw a cut on Yujin's eyebrow and on the side of her lips. Minjoo also observed that Yujin is not looking at her. She quickly grabbed the cotton and put some alcohol on it and dabbed it on the other girl's eyebrow.

"You don't have to do this, you know."

Minjoo was surprised that Yujin spoke to her.

"I have to. These wounds might be infected if we'll not clean it. You should know this." Minjoo replied while putting the bandaid on Yujin's eyebrow.

"Tell me, what happen?" Minjoo asked.

"It's nothing."

"What do you mean it's nothing? You raised a fist to another student and now you're telling me it's nothing? You can be suspended and it can affect your college application." Irritation was evident on Minjoo's tone. It is not because she's mad at Yujin but because she's concern at her.

"What does it have to do with you?"

And that shows how words can kill a person.

"I'm just concern. You're not the type of person who'll do these things. If you don't want to talk about it, FINE."

As Minjoo started to walk out of the clinic, she felt someone holding her wrist.

"I'm sorry. I'm still angry because of what happen earlier." Yujin looked at Minjoo with full of guilt.

Minjoo sighed.

"Let's just clean your wounds so that we can leave for the trip."

Minjoo grabbed the cotton buds and put some alcohol in it for Yujin's wound on the side of her lips.

"Lift your face a little bit higher so I can see your face." Minjoo instructed.

Yujin quietly obeyed the other girl's order. As much as she wants to ignore Minjoo, she can't help it but to feel happy. Because after all this time, she just miss the other girl. As she lift her face up, she can clearly see Minjoo's beauty.

"God, it's been one month. How can she be so beautiful?" Yujin thought.

The funny thing is, Yujin spoke her mind this time around.

"Beautiful" Yujin whispered.

"Huh?" confused Minjoo replied.

"Huh? Nothing." Yujin blushingly replied.

Minjoo finished taking care of Yujin's wounds and started to pack the first aid kit.

"You can now go to the bus. According to the manual, you and Wonyoung are seatmates." Minjoo ordered.

"Okay. Thank you, Minjoo."

Yujin left the clinic.

Minjoo sighed as she hold her crazy heart that is beating like crazy. Who would not be feeling this way if Ahn Yujin called you beautiful?

"Why are you like this, Ahn Yujin." Minjoo murmured.

She came back to the assembly area and rode the bus. As she entered the bus, she saw Wonyoung sitting with her seatmate, Chaewon.

"Huh? Aren't we seatmates?" Minjoo asked.

"Uhhh. Hyewon-unnie instructed me to be seated with Wonyoung. I think you'll be sitting beside Yujin." Chaewon answered.

Minjoo have no idea how many times she sighed this morning. She walked towards to the end of the bus and saw Yujin on the window seat with her earphones on and eating a snack. She sat on the seat beside the other girl and decided to also put her earphones on. It will be a long ride afterall.

The bus stopped for a stopover. Minjoo opened her eyes and saw Yujin's head on her shoulder. She have a choice of waking the other girl up but she chose to observe the other girl's feature. Yujin's face was one of the things that could keep her heart calm. Her pointy nose, her long eyelashes and her lips were arranged in a perfect manner.

"I miss you." Minjoo whispered.

Yujin slowly opened her eyes and looked at Minjoo. Their face were so close that Minjoo can feel her body temperature rising. Then, she heard the other girl say,

"I miss you too."

Yujin smiled and Minjoo unconsciously smiled back. It was a nice ride after all.

"Uhm. I'll just go to the restroom." Minjoo said.

"Oh. Okay." Yujin replied.

"Is there anything I could buy for you?"

"Nothing."

Minjoo left the bus to go to the restroom. As she entered the cubicle, she heard a group of students talking about the incident earlier.

"Hey. Did you know why Ryujin and Yujin fought earlier?"

"I think it's because of Jang Wonyoung. Imagine, two popular students fighting over you."

"Jang Wonyoung is really pretty and charming girl. There is no question why."

"She's lucky enough to be Ahn Yujin's girlfriend though. I hope Shin Ryujin will choose me instead."

"In you dreams!"

The group left the room and Minjoo decided to leave as well. Why does every time that she's falling again with Yujin, the destiny will remind her that Yujin is with Wonyoung now?

Minjoo went back to her seat and saw Yujin sleeping.

"What a sleepyhead." she thought.

Nothing much happen after. They arrived to their destination. It was a 5 star dormitory. Building A and B will be staying on the same dorm. Ms. Kang gave Minjoo the room assignment and saw that she'll be staying the same room with Yujin.

"Ms. Kang."

"Yes, Ms. Kim?"

"I am just wondering if I can switch with Jang Wonyoung. I just thought that it will be weird if I'll be staying with one of the students."

"I don't think anyone will find it weird. A couple staying in one room might be a lot weirder than this. Besides, Ahn Yujin is on observation right now. What happen earlier must not happen again. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Ms. Kang."

"Look. This is not about the mission anymore. I am thinking about the school's reputation here."

"I understand, Ms. Kang."

"Good."

After Minjoo announced their room assignments, she went to her room and started to unpack their things. Yujin then entered a few minutes after Minjoo finished unpacking her things.

"Oh. I didn't expect to see you here." Yujin said.

"Eh? Where were you during the room assignments?" Minjoo asked.

"Ah. I went out to meet Wonyoung. Just checking how she is."

"Ahhh."

The room was silent.

"You're done unpacking your things huh?" Yujin asked. Breaking the awkward atmosphere between them.

"Ah. Yes. You should unpack your things too. Tomorrow's session will start at 8 am."

"Okay, thank you Minjoo."

Minjoo went to have a shower while Yujin started to unpack her things. Yujin's stuff was not that many so she managed to finish fixing her things. She decided to observe the room and saw Minjoo's anklet. Yujin remembered giving it back to Minjoo during Yena's sleepover party.

"This thing really looks familiar." Yujin whispered.

The door of the comfort room opened and Minjoo saw Yujin holding her precious possession. It is the anklet that Yujin gave her when they were young.

"What are you doing?"

"Ah! Nothing. I saw this anklet on the floor." Yujin answered.

Minjoo quickly grabbed the accessory and wore it.

"That must be very precious to you." Yujin said.

"Ah. An old friend of mine gave this to me." Minjoo answered.

"I see. You know what, that thing seemed to be familiar to me. Maybe I used to make those things when I was young."

Minjoo stopped for a second. Does it mean that this anklet meant a thing for Yujin?

"Really? Did you gave an anklet to someone?" Minjoo asked.

"I don't really remember. I guess I have. I'm a generous kid, you know." Yujin chuckingly stated.

"I see."

Lights were off and Minjoo is still awake. Is it because of she's with Yujin or because of Yujin kinda remember Minjoo's anklet. As much as she wants to spill everything to Yujin, she can't do that since she also don't have any idea.

"Minmin."

Minjoo froze for a moment. Did Yujin just called her Minmin? She looked at Yujin's bed and saw the other girl sleeping.

"Minmin-ah."

Minjoo realized that Yujin was sleeptalking.

"Don't leave me, Minmin-ah."

This line seemed to be familiar with Minjoo. Her head suddenly felt dizzy as she remember a specific memory.

"Don't leave me, Minmin-ah."

"I won't, Jinjin."

It was a scene where both of them were crying and someone is pulling Yujin away from her- it's Mrs. Ahn.

"What happen to us, Jinjin?" Minjoo thought.

It was morning. Minjoo woke up earlier than Yujin. She stood up to wake the other girl up.

"Yujin-ah. Wake up."

No response.

"Ahn Yujin."

"5 more minutes."

"You're going to be late."

"I'm still sleepy."

Minjoo tried pulling Yujin up. But being an athlete, Yujin was stronger. Instead Minjoo pulling Yujin up, she was pulled by the other girl towards the bed.

As Minjoo opened her eyes, she was in Yujin's arms and she was facing Yujin.

It was awkward. Both girls were staring at each other. After a few seconds, Minjoo accidentally pushed Yujin away.

"Yah! You better prepare now. Ms. Kang might scold me."

"O-okay."

Minjoo walked out the room because she needs a fresh air to breathe.

Today's schedule is an orientation for all participants. A total of 500 attendees are in the venue. Minjoo was in the registration booth to check the attendance of Building B. She saw that Jang Wonyoung has not yet arrived in the venue while Yujin is already inside. She tried calling her phone but no one is answering. She quickly asked Chaewon where Wonyoung is but she the girl has no idea. She went back to the dormitory and saw Ryujin kissing Jang Wonyoung.

Minjoo was so shocked and she have no idea what the hell is happening already.

She saw Wonyoung pushed the other girl and said,

"You already got what you want. Stay away from me and Yujin."

"But I want you, Wonyoung. I know you and Yujin are not going out as a couple." Ryujin smirked.

"What are you talking about?"

"I know Yujin likes Ms. Kim. And I know you know it too."

"Shut up."

"Why? Isn't true?"

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Wonyoung shouted.

Minjoo quickly ran towards the two girls and said,

"Please proceed to the venue now."

Both girls just obeyed Minjoo's order. As she took a glance on Ryujin, she swear she saw the girl smirked.

"What is she up to?" Minjoo thought.

As the program started, Minjoo decided to go to the restroom since it's Ms. Kang's opening speech. As she was washing her hands, another lady entered the restroom.

"Omo!"

Minjoo looked at the lady and saw her greatest nightmare.

"How are you, Minjoo? It's me, Mrs. Ahn."

"I'm great, Mrs. Ahn." Minjoo smilingly replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 889 30
Minjoo joined a school contest with hopes of getting closer to her crush and confessing her feelings, but things don't always go the way she wants th...
38.4K 1.3K 21
Wonyoung's trying to make it into photography. Yujin needs to pass her psychology class and Wonyoung happens to be great at that subject. One problem...
62.1K 2.3K 41
which is minjoo suddenly fell in love with her new teacher. chaewon was assigned to be a teacher for 1 year. 2kim❤️💓
9.2K 466 16
some night drives that may help fond their relationship. Hyewon x Eunbi fic • Completed • TOL THE SERIES #1