The Light House Girl.

By Growling_moon

17-year-old Abigail Wells, known as Abbie, is shipped off to live with her estranged mother. The same woman w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Untitled
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Bonus Chapter : Krystal's POV
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter 2 : Krystal's POV
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Untitled
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Chapter 19

338 13 0
By Growling_moon

I woke up feeling a weight on my stomach. I adjusted my position to see Krystal sleeping with her head on my stomach. I was awakened by a vibration. Trying to find the source of said vibration, I came face to face with my cell phone which read about 30 missed calls and 12 texts all from Ade, Ryan and Jane combined. Ugh! I did not get any until now. The signal in this place is blotchy. And its sudden that you get texts much less call. I thought I can go bring some breakfast for both of us and while I am out, I can call them back. I gently took Krystal's head and put my backpack underneath her head. I rubbed some of the toothpaste I bought for Krystal last night on my teeth and went to search for food. It was really early. And yes, I found out there are places open where I can find food at early morning in this town. I used to think this town woke up at around lunch time. But after my first week I found a donut shop that open at 8 am. Imagine my surprise!

I walked around the beach to get to my car to go to the donut place. I saw it was 9 am. Still early for me but at least it's not like its 6 am. I bought some donut and coffee and went to the shop I went last night to buy toothbrush to see if they have some more food items. I found small sandwiches not the usual ones and I bought several of them. While returning I decided to call Ade. To my surprise Jane picked up and started yelling at me.

"What the hell were you thinking? Where were you? Do not tell me you were at the light house? I was so worried. We were all so worried. You could have just texted you will not be back. I mean I would have understood. But this....oh god! This had me so worried. I was so scared. Ade could not even sleep last night. I didn't sleep either. But Ryan did not let us go to look for you in the light house. I was determined to go and bring you back. Why didn't you text me even?" Jane's voice sounded panicky and laced with worry.

"Hey Abbie, this is Ade. You could have texted. I know signal is not that good there. I know you needed it after what happened with Riley. I get it you know. And you seem to have a bond with that place I get you wanting to be alone. Just text us next time okay."

I heard Jane yell from behind her, "There will be no next time. No. I...I don't know what to say. I want to say I am grounding her, but I can't now, can I? I thought we were close Abbie."

"Jane calm down. I am really sorry for not texting. Honestly, I just fell asleep. I did not even realize I was fast asleep until I woke up with a text from Ryan and then I got all the missed calls and the other texts as well. I am really very sorry guys. I did not mean to scare you all."

"Its fine Abbie. When are you coming back? I am assuming you are not on your way back." Jane said tersely.

"What? How do you know that Jane?"

"Really Abbie? I know you. Ade is snickering at your question now and saying of course you will not come back now even if you were on your way back. I know that is not true at all because you will be back later, and you had no plans of driving back home now did you? Oh, by the way to answer your question I knew as soon as you called. Simply because you called instead of waiting a few minutes to face us. Now go do whatever the hell you do there. Just eat do not stay hungry. You hear me? Oh, and Ade wants to tell you to not just eat donuts."

"Thanks Jane. I already bought donuts and some sandwiches as well. Don't worry either of you. And Jane..." I took a deep breath before continuing, "you can ground me you know. You have the authority or whatever you want to call it. Don't ever doubt that. I umm... yeah. Okay. Good morning. Ha-ha that does not make sense now. Okay bye." I hung the phone I heard Jane take a deep breath and her breath hitch when I said she has the authority. I know it kills her that Ade is still married to my dad and that she cannot call me anything other than Ade's daughter. But the care and love she shows me, it's more than my dad or anyone ever gave me except now Ade. I wanted to tell her that, but I am not sure how to and also it might not be fair. I need to help Ade fast. But first I need to go back to my blue-eyed crystal beauty, Krystal. HUH!

I reached the landing and I heard sniffling noises. What? Just like the first day I met her. But why is she crying now? Oh no! I hope she did not cut herself. I am here. I need to hurry, but I do not want the coffee to spill. I peek my head in to see Krystal crying and holding a thing in her right hand. Shit! Is that blade of some sort? Oh shit! I am an idiot I left here alone without even a single note or text to get food. She must have thought I left her. Shit I am an idiot!

"Krystal. I brought breakfast. And I brought coffee. Do you even drink coffee?"

"You...y-you c-came-e b-ba-back." She sobbed her reply.

"Of course, I did. Why would I go away or even leave you? That too suddenly without even telling you?" I put down the coffee and hugged her. She sobbed into my shoulder while I carefully removed the scary looking blade from her hand. And I unwrapped her from me and brought her left wrist to my mouth to kiss the scars there. She looked dumbfounded before giving me a sweet smile. Just like the smile she gave me this morning while sleeping when I kissed her forehead before going out. I have no idea why I did that. But I knew that somewhere inside me wanted me to ease her and take away all her pain. Even a simple gesture of kissing her marks felt like a very intimate caring gesture to me, which suddenly made me think. 'Am I making her uncomfortable?' I mean she hugged me only yesterday and yet I am kissing her forehead and her wrist. Shit! But she is smiling. And now she is taking my hand putting it on her wrist. What is she doing?

I looked down and saw that she covered her scars with my arm. Okay! What does this mean? I tilted my head in a suggestive quizzical way to look at her. she just smiled and shrugged. Okay. Guess I am not getting an answer to whatever that was. She is not hiding it from me. So, is she hiding it from seeing it herself? Or is something that I am helping her with...no there is no chance. We haven't known each other for that long but then again, we did become close very soon. Come to think of it. I became close to many people here pretty soon. Whoa!

"Let's eat. Here Krystal." I handed her the coffee cup.

She looked at me weirdly. Oh no she is a kid. Maybe she does not drink coffee and I am giving her coffee.

"Do you not drink coffee?"

"I do. Sometimes. You?"

"Of course, I do. I used to drink it all the time back in California. Now not so much."

"California?"

"Oh yeah that's where I used to live before I came here. It was not a good time for me there. Anyways, let's eat first I brought donuts and sandwiches and then we can go the balcony to see the area. Okay?"

"Okay. But the balcony is scary."

"No problem I will be by you side all the time." She just beamed at my statement. Gosh I love her smile. I would love to see her smile more.

We ate silently and then climbed the stairs to the balcony and sure enough she held onto my arm super tightly. Like was clinging to my arm with her whole body. When we reached a spot, I just stood to look at the ocean below us and take in the beautiful natural scenery in front of me. In a few seconds, I realized I was staring at Krystal instead of the water body or the scenery around. It seemed like I was seeing her for the first time. might as well be. We always see each other in flashlights. Even during daytime, the room does not get much light, so flashlights are always on. She is beautiful. She has red hair, which is a bit dirty now understandable. Her face is like a color palette because of the fading bruises. Her features are really sharp, she has high cheek bones, her nose is slim and oh her lips. They are perfect pink lips. Whose corners are now turned upside. Oh, she is smiling. And I look up to her eyes and find her watching me staring at her. My face must be so red right now. Yet I did not take my eyes away from this beauty. And then I noticed something. She is so thin, like alarmingly thin. And she looks pale as well. Huh! Does she not get much food at her foster house? I am going to feed her as much as I can and give her food to take back. She...she is so beautiful, and I cannot stop staring at her. Now her whole face is red, and the redness is creeping down her neck. I am sure my face is just as red as her is. She looked down and I lifted up her face with my finger under her chin.

"You are so beautiful you know that Krystal. And you are so sweet, kind and I have never met anyone like you."

"I have not either. And y-you are t-too." She stuttered blushing; she is so cute.

If only I did not have to leave her here. I do not want to force her to come to Ade's house yet. Maybe later on I will ask her. Not today. I do not want to scare her. She barely started talking to me yesterday.

We went back in after a while and chatted about well.... we just made up stories about the light house. Then I went out to bring some lunch for the both of us. But this time I told her I am going to get lunch. We ate and made up some more stories, I played music we just listened to them and the waves crashing below us. Then suddenly I remembered Riley is coming over today.

"You have to go, don't you?"

"Yes, I am so sorry Krystal. I will be back at night."

"Okay. You promise?"

"Yes, I promise. I have a friend coming over. The same friend who I saved two nights ago. I have to go back for a bit. I will be back okay. Don't worry."

"Okay. Take care of that friend. And ....you too." Krystal said softly just before I rushed out. And realizing I might be late and Riley, well... surely Ryan can keep her company, right? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.9K 3.4K 27
Emery Randolph swore she would never return to her hometown the day she graduated and left for college, but its eight years later and her father is g...
1.4K 161 18
"We were just kids in love." Nicole is an outgoing senior in high school, hoping to make this year her best yet. She is the new girl in town and is l...
1K 66 29
Football player meets figure skater Moving to the middle of nowhere, to a place called Arizona? The desert! Yep, that's my luck. And to top it off, I...
18K 1.7K 24
"You had no right to do that," I snap, trying my best to out walk him. His chuckle was loud behind me and his hand griped on my forearm, stopping me...