I Miss You (Klaus Mikaelson)

By Floyd__

She was the angel in his nightmare, the angelic face of Klaus' one true love, ripped away from him countless... More

01.
02.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
Author's Note
28. AU
29. AU
Epilogue. AU

03.

53.1K 1K 702
By Floyd__

1860
Klaus danced with her. Her blue eyes brighting the dark of night. Her hair sweeping down her back, she was perfect, just as he always loved her.

"It is a curse," Layla mumbled.

Klaus looked down at her, "You will be dead, I don't know when, but I will protect you, drink my blood, if you die you will come back."

Layla smiled and shook her head, "Always look on the bright side of things, maybe I won't die."

"Do you not wish to live with me forever? Do you not love me?" Klaus asked.

Layla smiled sadly, "I wish, to live a happy, normal life."

"You fell in love with me, there is no normal, I am a vampire," Klaus whispered to her.

Layla frowned, "I am selfish, and only wish the best for myself."

Klaus glared at her, "Then why am I here? Why are you here? If you want to live a happy, normal life, you should have ran along time ago!"

Layla looked at him, tears forming in her eyes, "If you can't handle the truth, maybe it best I leave."

Layla turned away from him and began walking down the dark roadway. If only Klaus knew she was walking into her death, again.

A man was waiting for Layla behind a tree. He attacked her muffling her screams so Klaus couldn't hear. He tied her up and hung her from a tree, for Klaus to find his love the next day.

****************************
Elijah told them that the ritual will happen tonight. It was a full moon, Klaus had all he needed. They had a plan to stop Klaus. At the moment if his weakness, Elijah would rip his heart out. Of course for this to happen, Elena needed to die, so Damon, Stefan, Elijah, and Layla sat around the Salvatore's figuring out ways they could save her.

Layla, didn't know why she just wouldn't drink vampire blood. It was the simplest solution. She was so determined to live, yet she turned down the thing that would save her. Elena always needed more, if she did not want the blood then, why couldn't she handle the fact she would die? Why couldn't she just hand herself over, no surprises, and just do it for Mystic Falls, so the psychopath would leave?

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah told the group.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus," Stefan told Elijah.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid," Elijah said.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today with Bonnie," Damon said, while descending the stairs.

"Damon..." Stefan warned him.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Layla joined in.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," Damon smirked.

"It's not an option, Damon," Elena cut in.

Layla glared at Elena, she was putting Bonnie in that place. It was time to step up and accept her fate. If Layla was to die tomorrow, she would welcome death with open arms, it would be her fate.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know," Elijah said.

"The moonstone," Layla mumbled.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each," Elijah said.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asked.

"The final part of the ritual," Elijah said while taking a wooden box off the shelve, "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

Elijah took a vial out of the box showing it to them.

"And that's where you come in," Elena said.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation," Elijah said.

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asked.

"And then you won't," Elijah said slowly.

"God listen to the man," Layla said sending a glare to Elena.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asked looking between Elijah and Elena, You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work," Elijah corrected Damon.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" Damon asked.

"Then I guess she'll just be dead," Layla said, ignoring her friend's glare.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Damon asked.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will," Elijah said.

Damon glared at everyone in the room before going outside to stand with a glass if bourbon. Layla followed her friend outside, "Breakfast of champs?" she asked.

"I'm surrounded by idiots. I need all the help I can get," Damon said.

"You know, I agree with you," Layla said.

"Elijah is an original vampire, one we tried to kill. Yet they are going to believe this guy?" Damon asked.

"Elena makes the worst decisions in her life, I've known her all my life, she was always reckless thinking about herself. It was me in her place, I would just die or become a vampire," Layla told him.

Damon sent her a small smile, "She is just going to end up dead."

"She puts her faith into the wrong people. She trust the wrong people. I even like Elijah, put I would never put my life in his hands," Layla said.

Damon was starring off into space so Layla decided to leave him go, "I'm leaving. Want to come to the Grill then?" she asked him.

Damon nodded, "I have to do something first, I'll meet you there."

**************************

Layla sat at the Grill with Damon and Alaric. They just filled her on, at what happened. Damon feed Elena her blood, rendering her useless to Klaus.

"I'll have the same," Alaric said to the bartender.

"I screwed up," Damon said shaking his head.

"Yeah. Yeah, you did," Layla told him.

Then she saw him, a man so perfect, like none she has seen before. His blue eyes piercing into her's. His blonde curls made her want to run her hands through it. He was an angel on earth to Layla, and she was heaven to him. He smirked when he caught her gaze. Layla looked away, embarrassed on what just happened.

"Gentlemen? Why so glum?" he asked.

"Ugh. Klaus, I presume," Damon scoffed.

"In the flesh," Klaus smirked.

Layla's eyes widened. She though he was hot? How could she? Layla thought to herself.  She didn't dare to look into his eyes. She kept her head down, focused on amber liquid in her glass.

"Thanks for the loaner, mate," Klaus told Alaric.

"Any reason you stopped by to say hi?" Damon asked.

"I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret. And I also came for the lovely Layla," Klaus smirked.

Layla slowly raised her head to look at him. A smile was plastered on his face, she knew the smile from somewhere, she couldn't place it. Maybe a dream.

"Stay away from her, she has nothing to do this," Alaric said.

Damon sighed, wrapping a protective arm around Layla, making Klaus jealous, "Any chance for a postponement?"

"You are kidding?" Klaus asked looking at Alaric, "He is kidding, right?"

"No, not really," Alaric mumbled.

"I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?" Damon asked.

"Let me be clear... I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up," Klaus said standing up, he gave Layla one last glance, "If I were you love, I would leave don't get in the middle of this."

"I wasn't planning on it," Layla whispered.

He smiled, "Good, I'll be seeing you soon love," Klaus said leaving.

"That was fun," Damon smirked.

"You're going to screw it up, aren't you?" Layla asked him.

"You think if I took his werewolf out of the equation, she might...get over the fact that I tried to turn her into a vampire?" Damon asked.

"I think it won't matter, because you'll be dead," Alaric said.

"But without the werewolf, he can't perform the ritual tonight, which means I would have bought her one month before the next full moon," Damon smirked.

"And you'll still be dead," Layla told him.

"Are you gonna help me or what?" Damon asked.

"I'm not, but you and Ric have fun with this project," Layla said getting up. She gathered her stuff and left the Grill to go back to her house.

******************************

Layla pulled up to her house, her eyes widening at the sight on her porch. It was Klaus, sitting on her porch furniture. Layla didn't feel scared off him, just annoyed. She got our of her car walking up her front steps.

"What do you want?" she asked.

Klaus smiled, "To see you."

"Stop being a perv, you're like a thousand years old," Layla said.

Klaus chuckled, "Sorry to intrude, I thought we could spend some time together."

"Like hell, I don't know you," Layla mumbled, "Why are you at my house?"

"Don't you meet the parents before going on a date with their daughter?" Klaus asked.

"I'm not going with you Klaus," Layla said, "Plus your to late, they died two years ago."

Klaus frowned, "I'm sorry I didn't know."

Layla kept her face straight, "Now if you don't mind, leave."

Klaus looked to the ground visibly upset, "Okay if that is what you want."

Layla instantly felt bad for him, he didn't seem like a bad guy other than he was planning on killing her friend.

"Please just go," Layla whispered.

Klaus got up, leaving Layla alone on the porch, alone with her thoughts.

***************************

Later that day, Layla discovered that Klaus planned on using Tyler and Caroline for the ritual, only to make her hate him more. Thanks to Damon they were able to escape but for taking his wolf and vampire, Klaus decided to make Jenna into a vampire. Layla was still wary of his decision to do this. He just didn't make vampires just because he felt like it.

His eyes still looked into her dreams. Layla couldn't put the feeling over it. Maybe it was the universe telling her something, whatever it was she didn't like it. He seemed to comfortable around her. On the plus, maybe he wouldn't kill her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.4K 19
Klaus is on a mission to break his curse while there are others, including his own family, who are trying to stop him and save the doppelganger. What...
492 29 19
Takes place: Mystic Falls after Hermione finishes hogwarts. How can something so wrong feel so .. right? Hermione Granger and Klaus Mikaelson go on...
258K 5.4K 36
Lucy Salvatore, born, raised and died in Mystic Falls 1864. She is now a vampire in present time and has to deal with the supernatural world along wi...
71.6K 1.5K 31
[BOOK 3 OF THE VALERIA SALVATORE SERIES] "I'm not the girl I once was. You have no idea what I can do"