Heartbreak Warfare

By thedaydreamer270

"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: Epilogue

Chapter 51

58.1K 2.2K 1.1K
By thedaydreamer270

As soon as they landed outside the Manor, Draco's felt the urge to bolt, but it was too late. His heart was in his throat and looking up at the dark and gloomy manor, he was reminded of all that he had been through. He could hear the screams of those being tortured, see Voldemort's blood-red eyes as he scarred him. The mark on his forearm started to tingle as he got closer to the gate. The Snatcher that had ahold of him, shoved him toward the gate.

"Look who we found," the Snatcher grinned.

Draco swallowed hard as his eyes met his aunt's. She immediately opened the gate and pulled Draco out of the Snatcher's grip.

"Your parents have been worried sick," Bellatrix purred. "And looks like you brought some friends."

"They're nobody," Draco spoke, trying to keep his voice level. "I only stuck with them to draw less attention to myself. I met them at some pub a few months ago."

Bellatrix looked over the trio, her eyes lingering on Harry's muffed up face. "What happened to this one?"

"Hit by a stinging jinx, I reckon," the Snatcher holding Harry replied.

"Bring them all in," Bellatrix decided. "The spell will wear off soon enough and we'll see if my dear nephew is lying."

They all walked into the Manor and into the foyer where Draco's parents were standing. Their eyes widened when they saw him and to Draco's surprise, his mother ran up and hugged him.

"Thank Merlin, you're all right," she whispered in his ear.

Bellatrix pulled Draco out of his mother's grip. "Don't forget that he's a deserter. The Dark Lord—"

"Doesn't have to know," Mum said. "Not if we tell him that he brought us Harry Potter."

Draco's heart dropped and he had to hide his shaking hands in his pockets. "Like I told Bellatrix, they aren't who you think they are."

His father stepped up to Draco. "We would be heroes, Draco. The Dark Lord would trust us again," he put his hand on Draco's shoulder. "We won't have to be afraid anymore."

"It's not them," Draco said, firmly.

"I know a way we can find out," Bellatrix replied, a cruel smile creeping onto her lips. "I heard a rumor that Draco was dating Harry Potter. If it's not Harry then Draco won't mind if we extract some information out of him."

Draco couldn't breathe and didn't dare look at anyone. That's when he noticed that one of the Snatchers was holding the sword of Gryffindor. The sword that he had heard a rumor that it had been in Bellatrix's vault for safe-keeping.

"Wouldn't you rather have your sword back?" Draco asked, looking up at his aunt.

She froze. "What?"

"I'm sure you've been missing it," Draco gestured to one of the Snatchers.

Bellatrix whipped around and shot a spell at the Snatcher holding the sword. The sword flew out of his grip and landed in her free hand. "Where did you get this?" She asked, her voice low and menacing.

"I found it in her bag," the Snatcher said, pointing a finger at Granger.

Bellatrix strolled up to her, bringing her face so it was inches away. "Then I think we should talk. Girl to girl."

"There's no need," Draco said, trying to bring his aunt's attention back to him. "I was the one that took it from your vault. She was only holding it for me."

"It's obvious that you can't be trusted," Bellatrix said, keeping her eyes on Granger. "But I can persuade her, I'm sure. Take everyone else down to the dungeon. Now!"

The Snatchers grabbed Harry and Weasley, dragging them kicking and yelling. Draco locked eyes with Harry for just a moment—terror was in his eyes and Draco was sure that his eyes mirrored that—before he disappeared down the hall.

"This isn't necessary—" Draco started but Bellatrix held up a hand.

"Lock him up in his room," Bellatrix said. "The Dark Lord will want a word with him when he comes."

"Sister—"

His father cut his mum off. "We have to, Narcissa."

His parents each took a hold of an arm and practically dragged him upstairs. When they made it to his room, Draco sat on his bed and crossed his arms.

"You can't keep me here," Draco said. "I won't stay and even if you lock me in here, Voldemort will kill me anyway."

His parents flinched. "Don't say his name," his father snapped.

"I'm not going to be one of his followers," Draco snapped back. "I don't care if it costs me my life. I won't do it."

"Don't be stupid," he replied. "He's going to win this war and you don't want to be on the wrong side when he does. You're already marked anyway. There's no going back."

"I. Don't. Care," Draco spoke, slowly as if he was talking to a child.

He pulled out his wand and pointed it at Draco but his mother got between them. "Enough, Lucius! Let me have a word with Draco alone."

His father looked like he wanted to argue but his mum gave him a look so he left. His mum sat next to him but Draco wouldn't look at her.

"Draco, sweetie, I know you're upset—" she started and Draco scoffed. "But, I was just trying to protect you."

"Protect me by letting me be tortured. Really solid protection, Mum."

"If I would have stepped in then he would have hurt you even more. It wasn't an ideal situation—"

"None of this is ideal. The only comfort that I got these last ten months was being away from all this. If you really care about me then you would let me go."

"To be on the Dark Lord's bad side is the surest way to get yourself killed, Draco."

"And being on his side isn't really living, mother."

"It will if you turn Harry Potter in."

"I already told you, that's not him."

"Fine," his mother stood up. "Then I have no choice but to send you to Hogwarts for the rest of the year. Snape is the headmaster so he will look after you."

"Mum, please, don't—"

"You'll leave first thing tomorrow. Where's your wand?"

"The Snatchers took it," Draco muttered.

His mother nodded and left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.7K 2.3K 40
!!!!! ALTERED CHAPTERS !!!!! "Have you any idea what it's like?" There were tears in Harry's eyes and it was suddenly like he couldn't control it a...
16.9K 933 18
When Draco Malfoy watched Charity die in front of him, he decided no more. Joining Harry on the search for Horcruxes the blonde finds more than just...
2.4K 94 5
He leaned back out when he was out of breath, breathing hard and staring into magnificent emerald green eyes with a visible blush on his neck and fac...
646K 21.1K 67
Harry was not at all excited to start school again. He was not ready for all the "dark lord" talk to start up again. Back at Hogwarts harry walks in...