Prince of Knights (An Arabic...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritua... More

MUST read if you want to read further :)
Prince of Knights (A Muslim's Love Story)
Prince of Knights Chp1
Prince of Knights Chp2
Prince of Knights Chp3
Prince of Knights Chp4
Prince of Knights Chp5
Here to answer Questions.
Prince of Knights Chp6
Prince of Knights Chp7
Prince of Knights Chp8
20 facts about the Queen.
Prince of Knights Chp9
Prince of Knights Chp10
Prince of Knights Chp11
Prince of Knights Chp12
Prince of Knights Chp13
Prince of Knights Chp14
Prince of Knights Chp15
Prince of Knights Chp16
Prince of Knights Chp17
Prince of Knights Chp18
Prince of Knights Chp19
Prince of Knights Chp20
Prince of Knights Chp21
Prince of Knights Chp22
Prince of Knights Chp23
Prince of Knights Chp24
Prince of Knights Chp25
Prince of Knights Chp26
Prince of Knights Chp27
Final decision
Prince of Kights Chp28
Prince of Knights Chp29
Prince of Knights Chp30
Prince of Knights Chp31
Prince of Knights Chp32
Prince of Knights Chp33
Prince of Knights Chp34
Book Cover!
Prince of Knights Chp35
Prince of Knights Chp36
Prince of Knights Chp37
Prince of Knights Chp38
Prince of Knights Chp39
Prince of Knights Chp40
Prince of Knights Chp41
Prince of Knights Chp42
Eagle of Knights
Prince of Knights Chp43
Prince of Knights Chp44
Prince of Knights Chp45
Prince of Knights Chp46
Nominated for Best Spiritual book
Prince of Knight Chp47
Prince of Knights Chp48
Prince of Knights Chp49
Prince of Knights Chp50
Prince of Knights Chp51
Prince of Knights Chp52
Prince of Knights Chp53
Here to help Muslim Authors
Prince of Knights Chp54
Prince of Knights Chp55
Prince of Knights Chp56
Prince of Knights Chp58

Prince of Knights Chp57

30.7K 2.5K 1K
By TheQueenofDarkness

Read every word of this chapter. I worked very hard to brim it with feelings. I want you guys to feel what they are feeling. I had to watch many intense, sad, and romantic scenes to write this.

___________________________

~*There's a field somewhere
beyond all doubt and wrongdoing.
I'll meet you there." – Rumi~*

Raghad pushed aside the flap of the tent and froze for a while. There Faris sat by the right side with his head bowed. Raghad took a single step forward, uncaring of the male Tabib who tended someone else's wound on the other side of the tent. As she took another step inside, some members of the wind followed her in while others stay by the door.

The world before her perished. Her teary eyes only recognized Faris. The man she once loathed, but now she could not breathe without. Her legs shook as she walked further in the tent in slow steps. And when the thread of her heart lifted his head Raghad's legs wobbled. His inky eyes landed directly on her, and they slightly went wide.

Raghad inhaled a shaky breath and kept walking, gazing at him as if he were the first drop of rain on parched land. So lost in her thoughts, she did not take note of how Faris dismissed someone with his hand or how his gaze for a few seconds moved to his right.

A few steps closer, her left hand grasped her scarf, and the action caused it to loosen, slide back, and rest at the crown of her head. Upon the sight of her hair, Faris's hawk-like eyes recognized the scarf, here he bit the side of his bottom lip.

Knight of knights sat straight despite his wounds when those big-brown eyes took in his form. He watched, entranced as Raghad gazed at his injuries, his face, and his eyes. He knew she was not aware of her surroundings, was not aware of how her loosened scarf displayed her throat, or how her glossy hair gleamed under the light of the lanterns.

Raghad felt her heart pick its rhythm. Suddenly, the bride felt as if she was seeing Faris for the first time, yet he was always there in her veins. As she walked up to him, with every step, he became more alluring in her eyes.

Her eyes then dropped to his bare chest, and she silently gasped. Deep wounds decorated the side of Faris's chest, and blood coated the clothe wrapped around the middle of his chest. At the sight of his blood, Raghad felt a burning sensation at her belly as if she was bleeding. Subconsciously, her hand went to her abdomen as if to stop the pain that they were feeling. A single drop of tear trickled down her left eye when she stood two steps away from Faris.

Raghad looked down at him, lost. His eyelashes were so thick that she for the first time in their married life; thought that he might have put kohl on them. His orbs were so dark; she was sure he looted the darkness from the night sky. Was he always this enchanting?

There was blood on his face, blood in his hair, and blood on his hands. She peered at Faris for a prolonged while, suddenly, too overwhelmed to take the final steps and reach him. The knight tilted his head to the side; in doing so, his hair brushed against his bare shoulder. Faris gazed back at Raghad with such ardent intensity that the thin walls around her kindled and crumbled down.

With a sob, Raghad took the two steps, sank to her knees, and wrapped her trembling arms around Faris's neck. Ignorant of the man who sat by the other corner and dropped his gaze with a small smile on his lips.

When her tears kissed his shoulder, a forlorn smile graced Faris's lips, and he placed his hand on her head. He had faced this war for her, and now he came back alive for her. His enemy's daughter. His Raghad.

The woman who dusted the darkness away from his heart; and poured light of her naive soul into his. Knight of knights knew that he loved her and loved the land Raghad walked on. How he wished he had been gentle with her. How, he craved that he could return to the one he felt in his veins with a smile, not a frown. However, to unearth Khaleefa, he had to.

A ruckus inflamed among the wind; some members of the wind felt their hearts burst within their chests. Beaming, some of them turned left and right then giggled at the scarlet cheeks of the other younger members of the wind. At last, the beauty belonged to her beast.

"Why are you weeping, bint-ash-Sheikh?" He whispered in her ear.

Raghad bit her lip at the wound on his back. She pulled back after a short while but held his hand in hers. "It did not kill you."

"What did not kill me?" Faris faced her.

"The serpent."

"What serpent, Raghad?" He frowned.

"It leaped for you, but it did not kill you."

Faris comprehended her rushed words and knew she referred to a dream. "In your dream?"

"Yes. Marwan injured you," her eyes fell on his wounds, then back to him. "But he could not kill you."

Faris closed his eyes and shook his head. A small, almost invisible smile teased his lips. "How can a snake dare kill me when you possess the talent of murdering them ruthlessly." His thumb caressed the back of her hand.

Raghad sighed at the gesture and wiped her tears. "Do not leave me again. Do not come to me wounded again." New tears blurred her vision.

Faris brought his hands up and cupped her face. "I cannot promise you that, Raghad," he kissed her between her eyes. "But know this that I will always come back to you," He kissed her forehead again.

"What if something were to happen to you?"

"Stop thinking so much, woman. I am right here," To emphasize his words; his thumbs brushed her cheek.

"You are right here." Her pale hands touched the wound above his eyebrow. Raghad held the end of her scarf and dusted dry blood from his face.

"Indeed. I am here." Faris gazed at her big brown eyes. His thumb wiped her tears.

Raghad dropped her gaze and shook her head, not knowing what to utter. The feelings she felt for this man were so dangerous she could not dot them down. She had loved before, yes. She cherished her father, cherished Badr, and the rest of her family. However, this man, this knight with inky eyes, held her heart in his hands.

Raghad could almost feel it. She could feel her heart, her soul, wither from his mere sight. No, it was not from anguish, but from the brightness in his eyes which was the ground behind such reaction. And suddenly, she was terrified, terrified that he may abandon her again, perhaps for war or another woman.

"You will abandon me."

Faris's brows knit at her words. "Why must you pronounce such words?"

"Foes are not meant to be together." Her bottom lip trembled.

He will leave her again.

"Are we foes, Raghad?" Faris relaxed a bit and winced at the pain that jabbed at his back. Disregarding it, he studied his woman. Raghad feared he might abandon her, indeed he will for war and other battles, then what is this mysterious fear sparkling in her eyes?

"Can the owner of my heart be my foe?" She wiped the blood from his hands.

"Then why must you utter such words?" The knight repeated his question, puzzled.

"Will you never abandon me for another woman?" She could not meet his gaze. She has accepted him and their matrimony, Raghad knew she could not bear to live alone again.

Her head shot up when an almost inaudible chuckle sounded. "Adhari?" When she did not respond, he cupped her beautiful face in hands once again. "You are my spouse. You are my pride, my equal and my likeness," Raghad's lips wobbled.

"You have never denied your will to take another wife." She dropped her gaze yet once again, addled, desperate.

What on earth was the matter with her?

"And now the petals on the rug are fascinating than my face."

She looked up, with a new fire within her. "You delay denying such notions, Faris," And accused.

He tilted her chin up. "How can I take another woman, when it is you, you rare thing who fought her way in my life. When Allah opened the doors for me in your form," Faris tilted his head back then looked at her again, eyes raw recalling the poison. "When it was you who aided me without your knowledge in terminating this feud in our tribes." At this, she placed her hand on top Faris's hands that held her face.

Silence followed them for a few seconds as they gazed at each other. It had always been in their company, yet, today, silence spoke volumes. It roared the feelings in Faris's heart and whispered hums of Raghad's soul.

"If you face me with those eyes, I shall drown," his thumb traced a small circle on her left cheek. "Not from your tears, but rather from the tempest in these eyes."

Raghad shook her head, and at last, a small smile appeared on her lips, content. The action caused her scarf to slither further down her head and tumble to her shoulders. Faris's eyes crinkled from the side. It was the same scarf he had presented her, the one she had worn on Eid.

"Raghad, you must greet Badr." At his words, she frowned. Faris shook his head at her, dropped his hands from her face then looked to their right. When she followed Faris's gaze, there sat a man who finally lifted his head and eyes at the mention of his name.

"I am here as well, Raghado."Badr beamed.

She took in his form, his bloody thobe, a shiver cascaded down her spine. "Ya Allah, Badr."

"Now, do not weep. I am fine. We are fine, Alhamdulilah." Badr glanced at the dressing on his left hand then at her again.

"When did you come in?" Raghad looked around the tent to find no one aside from them there, her hands still in Faris's hands. At the realization that Badr had been there all the time, crimson blood tingled her cheeks, and she bit her bottom lip.

"I was here all along," Badr interlaced his fingers and leaned back on a round cushion. Aware that his beloved sister will not run up to him like she used to do before. He knew that her innocent heart ached to see the man before her, for that Badr knew he could and would forgive Faris.

When he heard Khalifa utter Faris's secrets, Badr was shell shocked. Faris had made everyone believe that he loathed the Rashideen tribe, that he could not stand being in the presence of Raghad. However, the knight had always been a step ahead of them.

Indeed, when famine hit the Rashideen tribe, help came from different corners of these lands, and Badr knew who was behind them. However, there was a time he failed to recognize the aid sent to his tribe. Back then, he paid no heed to it, and now knowing the truth, transformed everything.

Faris never hated Raghad. Knight of knights never actually desired to rip his throat out or kill Khalid. It was all fake so, he could unearth the real culprit.

"Are you well?" Raghad turned her body toward Badr, but her hands remained in Faris's.

"When have wounds stopped us?" Badr smirked.

Raghad smiled, both her siblings always responded the same, but she knew that Badr was in pain, and she also knew he would not show it. She watched as his eyes moved to Faris, and the knights conversed in silent language.

"I failed to notice it," Badr spoke with Faris. His face was serene, as if Badr sat in the Rashideen tribe, as if he had never heard of what sin Faris had committed, or that their swords never crossed paths.

"It was never intended to be perceived, Ya Badr." Faris let go of Raghad's hand when a wave of pain hit his abdomen. However, he remained seated. He knew Badr was indicating at all his concealed expeditions.

Raghad frowned, not comprehending what they were discussing. What was to be discreet?

"Why not appraise her of your maneuvers, Faris?" Badr gestured at Raghad when he took heed of her frown.

Knight of knights rubbed his fingers on his lips. He knew that the Rashideen deserved some explanation since it was their tribe, he wanted to shake hands with, and it was their tribe Khaleefa desired to soak in blood.

He rested his elbow on his uninjured leg. "A'ami Khaleefa was the man behind Marwan."

Raghad gasped and looked at Badr, who nodded. "He was the man who murdered Saif and indicted our sibling, Salem."

"How? Why?" Raghad turned back to Faris.

"He believed Sheikh Mubarak was neglecting who assassinated their father," Faris rubbed his eyes, feeling the last of his strength seeping from his body. "Indeed, Sheikh Mubarak has always yearned to eliminate the feud between our tribes. However, he was unsuccessful because Khaleefa never permitted him to do so."

"And you took it upon yourself to accomplish that disposition." Badr finished.

Faris gave a single not of his head. "Alone, no wolf can survive these lands. Tribes are mightier when united," He stroked his beard. "Our tribes witnessed blood. How long would two Muslim tribes reside as enemies?"

"So why never divulge that it was you who sent the Rashideen tribe so much aid that we pulled through the famine." Badr now leaned forward.

Now it was Raghad's head that snapped towards Faris at Badr's words. Her brain unfurled an old parchment. Can it be that the anonymous aid came from Faris, and they never knew all this time?

"Like I stated, how long would we endure as foes?" Knight of knight grabbed the cup from his side and drank the water from it.

Here Badr chuckled. "And, you feigned to loath us."

To respond to this, Faris looked at Raghad. "I was aware that someone was constantly observing my every action. And, if I were to let my guard down, it would put many in harm."

Ya, Allah, all those tyrannical statements, all those mockeries were vocalized just to protect her and her tribe. How can a man be so contemplative? All this time, Faris pretended to be repelled from her mere sight when, in reality he guarded her every second.

Her breath hitched in her throat as Raghad recalled his sudden appearance whenever she was in need or confronted danger. The hill right before their Nikah, Abdulaziz, and even from himself.

With a groan, she held her head in her hands, when a sudden throb attempted to tear it. "Why? Why did you never appraise me? All these moons, I have prayed for your misfortune, why Faris?"

"If it makes you content, it was very challenging."

"Then, I am your sinner." Raghad breathed.

"You are not to be condemned. Your spouse was your foe."

"A foe who fought against his own to protect mine." Raghad pressed her palms on her eyes.

"A husband must shield his spouse, and that is what I did." Faris cleared his throat when he felt a thin trickle of blood down his back.

"Forgive me." The bride whispered, fighting her tears.

"You are not a sinner for me to forgive you, Raghad." The knight squared his shoulders.

"But I am, do not you see. I have prayed for dreadful events to occur to you. I have supplicated to never come across to you again." A sob ripped pass her lips.

Faris chuckled. "Well, if that is the case, then I shall forgive you, and you shall forget it," She parted her lips to argue, but Faris held up a hand. "It is in the past."

"Your spouse is right, Raghad, it is in the past. Now, you must, aid him in bringing the tribes together, stronger; than ever." Badr added comprehending Raghad's turmoil.

"Was Khalid your ploy as well?" She questioned both. At her words, both knights shared a look, and a smile adorned Badr's lips.

"Ahem, something of that sort." Faris interlaced his bloody fingers.

"Ya Allah..." Raghad exhaled.

Before Raghad could finish, Faris's eyes caught movements by the flap of the tent. Quickly, yet gently, he grabbed her scarf and placed it on Raghad's head in time for the flap to push aside, and two men saunter in.

"Salam Alikum Far..." Hamdan's voice trailed off when he saw Raghad sitting in front of her spouse.

Raghad looked over her shoulder, and her eyes slightly widened when she saw Jabbir stand by a Borkan knight. At her sight, both knights by the flap dropped their gaze.

What was Jabbir doing in the Borkan tribe? Her gaze went to Badr, who nodded. He must have called for their aid. Was Khalid here as well?

"What is the matter, Hamdan?" Faris demanded eyes fixed on them.

"They have brought Nasser and the others," Jabbir responded, not looking at Raghad, who still peered at them in bewilderment.

"Very well," Faris grabbed a robe from his side and rose to his feet. Raghad's heart clenched at the groan that sounded from his lips. "Lead the way. I shall be right behind you."

"In sha Allah." Jabbir nodded and departed.

"Raghad," Faris called, and the bride looked up at him. "Go call mother and remain with her. She will need your aid."

"Is Nasser well?"

"Nasser is severely injured, but Alhamdulillah, he is alive," Badr responded, standing to his full height as well. "Yallah, I shall see you soon." He added then followed his dearest friend, Jabbir.

Raghad stood up and faced Faris. "There is much to understand. So much to ask of you."

Faris dropped a kiss on her forehead, and she closed her eyes against the feel of his warm lips. "Let me keep my oath to my mother and bring back her son to her. Then, in sha Allah, my time is all yours."

She tip-toed and helped him wear the robe and bind the sword around his waist. "Yalla, let us proceed." Faris held her fingers in his and made his way to the flap of the tent with Raghad alongside him.

The wind beamed for it was content in witnessing a flower blossom among the foes, grow petals and bloom. It shooed its members willing to give peace to the enemies who had just transformed destinies.

At last. 

________________________

How was it? I know it was awesome because I have a headache now from writing it lol Let me know in your comments. 

P.S. anyone who wishes to send me pictures for the book they can, since the next chapter is the LAST chapter and I want to make a video in the tribute of this book. 

Instagram (Queens_realm) << send it here 

Don't forget to vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 2.9K 47
"I hate you. I can never ever love you. I married you because it was my mother's wish. Otherwise, I don't even look at people like you. Have you seen...
25K 2K 35
{Highest rank: 285 in Spiritual} {THA 1st place winner in Spiritual} I won't be anything like my parents. That's what they both said. Dina vowed...
830K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
607K 32.3K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...