𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐌𝐲 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

Starrmazing द्वारा

|Book 2| 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 Carter. He's hurt. He feels pain. He's full of so much rage. He puts u... अधिक

Cast/Description
/1./
/3./
/4./
/5./
/6./
/7./
/8./
/9./
/10./
/11./
/12./
/13./
/14./
/15./
/16./
/17./
/18./
/19./
/20./
/21./
/22./
/23./
/24./
/25./
/26./
/27./
/28./
/29./
/30./
/31./
/32./
/33./
/34./
/35./
/36./
/37./
/38./
/39./
/40./
/41./
/42./
/43./
/44./
/45./
/46./
/47./
/48./
/49./
/50./
/51./
/52./
/53./
/54./
/55./

/2./

4.8K 224 248
Starrmazing द्वारा

CARTER

It was getting late and I was tired.

The car came to a halt in front of Ospedale SS Giovanni e Paolo. The hospital in Metropolitan, city of Venice, Italy. This is where King rested his head and the place where my fvcking father escaped.

I reached over, grabbing the black duffel bag, trying hard not to wince at the pain I felt in my chest. It was still raw given I was shot a week and a few days ago. I was suppose to stay in the hospital longer but I couldn't. I took the pain killers and I'm walking on steady feet. Or trying to.

The more I move my body, the harder it is to heal properly and I will do that when I know I've finished off the two men that came after my child and my girl.

"Sir?"

I glanced up in the direction of the driver's seat. Rick stared at me, concerned at my sudden pause and I shook my head.

"It's nothing," I say, pulling out the gun, clicking it and making sure it was loaded. Clicking it back into place, I stuffed the gun in the back of my pants. "Ten minutes."

He nods and I got out the car. I walked towards the entrance of the doors and walked past the main desk towards the elevator. I knew what floor and room number he was in. It wasn't too hard to figure out. Thanks to Mina. Mina was a great hacker and Rick's cousin which made it an easy decision to keep her under my wing if I need any help.

I've tested her and she has the skills but despite her being Rick's cousin, I have my eye on her. One screw up or lie, she's gone and I don't mean her leaving alive.

I've had it with the fu cking betrayal. I've kept the circle small and I've told my men to lie low. Take a break and visit their families. I know my father was out there and this is something I had to handle alone. He got his shot at me. It won't happen again.

I've been staying at one of my secret homes. It was smaller than the others and I use it for when I need a low profile.

Rick decided he would stay and help by any means necessary. He and Eva share the same home as me while Camille stays with Ace in his hotel. I offered but it was things they needed to work out so I left them to it.

There was no word on Curt or Brian and I had someone check in on that. When that person got there, the room was clear except for broken glass and blood.

It angered me even more because this just made a new problem for me.

I'm fu cking tired.

The ding of the elevator took me away from my thoughts. The doors slid open and I walked inside. I reached over and pressed the floor number and leaned back against the metal walls. After a moment of waiting and ignoring the movements, the elevator stopped at the floor and opened. Exiting, I made my way in the direction of the room, looking casual.

I stopped at the door and glanced around quickly before going inside. Closing the door and locking it, I turned to face the unconscious man. The room was clear and I stared at the machines before shifting my gaze to the unmoving body.

Walking closer, I stared at this man that caused so much problems. I wanted to question why he was working with Cartron but it would be no point because I knew he wouldn't talk. I took a closer look at his features and I noticed he's lost color to his face. I scoffed. He's suppose to be dead.

This is why I always take headshots. I tried to spare that for Tiana but doing this told me she really wasn't for my lifestyle.

This takes me back to her wanting revenge on her family. I knew she really wouldn't hurt them as bad as they hurt her. The ex, debatable. I killed the fvcker for her. No one and I mean no should go through what he did to her. And no one touches mine.

But I knew deep down she wasn't going to kill her mother nor her brother. What makes her father any different?

I thought about shooting him but now I realized that is not the best way.

I looked towards the machines again and saw his steady heartbeat. I reached over to the sink and grabbed the rubber blue gloves then turned down the monitor sounds. I then lifted his dad from the pillow, taking it away and placing his head back down. Without hesitation, I placed the pillow over his face.

Catching me off guard, the man began to struggle underneath and I pressed the pillow harder into his face. The monitor beeped as he continued to struggle until his movements began to slow.

Carter, please.

I shake my head. Then I heard her sweet voice again.

Damnit, Tiana.

I pulled the pillow away and King struggled, gasping for air. Coughing, he winced, scooting further upon the bed. I placed the pillow down, glaring at him.

His eyes wide when he saw it was me. When he went to ring for the nurse, I grabbed his hand and twisted it back. I winced at the shock of pain that hit my chest. He groaned in pain as I twisted his hand in a irregular angle.

"That will be your biggest mistake, King. We need to talk." My tone serious and low. I let go of his wrist and watched him grab his wrist.

He glared at me. "What do you want?"

I glared right back. "You know already but it's not the right place to talk." I say, taking off the gloves and stuffing them into my pocket.

"Where's Tiana?"

Crossing my arms over, I made my way to the other side of the room. "Safe. But she doesn't want to talk to you. You think you can take her and give the baby to my fucked up father and she'll be okay with it."

His look was hesitant before covering it up. "She'll be fine. It's your fault she's got pregnant. You manipulated, kidnapped her, and God knows what else you did to corrupt her. She's only twenty but I know she conceived when she was nineteen. She's still a child."

I scoffed but said nothing. He was right, I did a lot of things and I'm still making up for it but I don't regret a lot otherwise, we wouldn't have what people call love nor would I now be a father and Tiana a mother.

"I'm not here to discuss my relationship with your daughter. I'm here because I was going to kill you. Truth is, you should be dead but you've made it and that's thanks to your hopeful daughter. I want to know what Cartron is planning."

He grunts, annoyed while looking off. "That man wants for himself." He said lowly.

"Nothing new. When you are released, I'll have a car to get you." I say, walking to the door.

"Why?"

I turned back, annoyed. "You want to see your daughter?"

He was silent before nodding.

"You give me everything on Cartron and you will see her. Deal or no deal, the choice is yours." I said finally, and left out.

Once I've made it to the car, Rick looked at me in the mirror. "Where to next, Boss?"

I exhaled a long breath before giving him the destination. The place I desperately wanted to be.

Without saying a word, he drove off in the direction of the homes near the center of Venice.

TIANA

She cried and cried and cried and cried.

"Please, go to sleep, Princess." My voice on the verge of tears as I continued to rock Cariana back and forth while walking.

I'm exhausted and I just got finished feeding her. She had a fit and now she wouldn't stop crying. For the first time, I didn't know what to do.

I tried to put the pacifier in her mouth but she didn't accept it. I burped her. Nothing worked. No matter what I tried she wouldn't stop crying.

A knock sounded at the door and I placed her in her pin. Her face turning a cherry red as she continued to cry. I swiped away the tears that escaped and cleared my sore throat.

I ran my fingers through my hair while hurrying to the door. I looked in the peephole and my heart stopped beating when I saw that it was Carter standing on the other side. Handsome as ever. I swallowed down my nervousness and opened the door.

I took in his features and he looked different. Not to different but he had facial hair growing and I would not deny that he looked sexy right now.

"Tiana." His voice low, husky and I could hear the exhaustion.

My eyes burned as I felt fresh tears on there way. I cleared my throat and pulled from the door, letting him enter.

He walked in and I noticed Rick was leaning against the car. He gives me a bow and waves at me. I motioned for him to come in and he shook his head and nods towards Carter.

Understanding, I closed the door, locking it. I turned to face Carter and he was already staring at me. His eyes hard as he took me in and he was not smiling.

"What's wrong?" He questions.

Cariana's cries continued and I exhaled another breath. "I'm just tired." I say and walked past him and walked back towards the living room. I picked Cari up from her pin and rocked her.

I could feel Carter's eyes on me as I spoke soothing words. She wouldn't stop. The tension between Carter and I was not helping.

"Let me see her." Carter's voice broke through the strong tension.

Without giving me time to register, he was in front of me instantly. I hand her over to him and he cradled her, rocking her back and forth slowly. He said things that was in another language. I didn't understand them but it had a huge effect on Cariana. Her loud wails began to soften until they were nothing but soft coos leaving her.

My eyes watered as I watched them. It was so easy and effortless to calm her down within seconds.

Something's wrong with me.

This wasn't her first time wailing like this. It took me almost a while to calm her down. It was hard and stressful. I must be doing something wrong.

I took a seat on the couch and Carter kissed the top of Cariana's head and placed her in her pin when he noticed she was sleep after a while.

I felt the spot next to me deepen and I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. They cascaded fast down my cheeks and I did nothing to hide them. My hands covered my face and another hand wrapped around my waist and pull me onto his lap.

"Stop crying, Babe." His tone soft while he stroked up and down my back.

I take my hands away from my face and look towards Cariana's pin. "I'm terrible at this. I'm doing something wrong. It's like she hates when I'm trying to bond with her." My voice breaking.

"No one said it was going to be easy." He said and I sighed.

"For you it is. As soon as you held her she got comfortable and stopped crying. This is not her first outburst. It's so hard to put her to sleep. Heck, I can't even sleep." I sniffed and wiped at my eyes.

"Postpartum." He murmurs.

"What?" I look into his eyes and he held mine.

"I've done my research when you were pregnant. The doctor also said this. It's very common in women after they've gave birth. You've got all the symptoms and it's hard for you to bond with our daughter."

I looked away from his mesmerizing eyes and turned my gaze to my fingers. "How long will it last?"

"I don't know but it's temporary. Just give it some time. I will be here." His tone firm, leaving no room for argument.

I nod my head and slipped from his lap and he let go of me. I pulled down my shirt, covering the my stomach. This time apart from Carter has made me insecure. My body is different and I just felt....I didn't feel like my old self.

"W-What did you want?" I question softly, avoiding his eyes.

"I wanted to talk but I know now is not a good time."

I sighed. "We can talk. Shall I start?" I sat on the other side of the couch.

"If that's what you want."

I look at him and swallowed. He was staring at me, waiting. "I-I think we should...take a break from each other."

A dark look formed upon his face causing my nerves to swim anxiously. Inhaling, I got my thoughts together quickly.

"It's temporary until I get myself together. I realized the life you live might not be for me at all." I say, thinking back to the standoff.

I stopped Carter from killing my father. Something was wrong with me but I just didn't want Carter to do it. I want to know the story before anything else is made up to mind.

"You're not the only one who thinks that." His tone was deep and a bit snarky.

I closed my eyes. "Please, don't be angry."

"Angry." He chuckles bitterly. "I'm not angry, I'm fvcking furious."

My eyes open and I tensed when I saw the look he gave me. His brows crashed together and his lips turned down and his nose was flared. His face red.

"Carter-"

"I honestly have nothing else to say after this. You and I been through a lot of shît. This relationship is not going to be set back temporarily. It's either we are in a relationship or not." He spoke low, but firmly.

Fresh tears creeped into my eyes. "I'm just trying to make things easier on us."

"No, it's making things harder on us. You're running like always."

I gasped at him. "Carter..." my heart breaking.

"We can co-parent. We can figure out the days to share Cariana later on." He stood to his feet and made his way to Cariana's pin. He kissed her and looked at me with an angry face.

I opened my mouth to say something but he stopped me.

"You have my number and I'll make sure both of you are taken care of. I'll see you around." Then he left.

I fell back on the couch, covering my mouth as I cried. My heart completely is shattered and it's my fault once again.

What did I do?

________________

Thoughts on Carter and Tiana?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

56.8K 1K 27
He doesn't know how much he's breaking my heart right now. "Trinity, I don't know how to show you how much sorry I am." He states, rubbing his face...
127K 5.1K 75
Dev, he saw the same dream every night, the same beautiful curly haired girl, looking at him with those pleading pair of eyes, but he could do nothin...
BLACKBiiRDS kenn12 द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

5.9K 222 12
"I call this one pain. And this lil one right here under his wing is suffering." "No offense, but...who the hell would wanna be reminded of pain and...
372 2 17
It's been three years since the incident with Tory and Asia on that Bridge and things have been fair for the most part. Briana and Delontae are...