The Bad Boy's Baby • Colby Br...

By thean0nym0uswr1ter

It's a new school year, a new journey. Amara has never been popular, she's always hid away in the shadows. Wh... More

Chapter 1: One Drink, Two drink
Chapter 2: Like Nothing Ever Happened
Chapter 3: 5 Stages of Grief
Chapter 4: False Feelings
Chapter 5: Green Light Go
Chapter 6: Rush
Chapter 8: Don't Walk Away
Chapter 9: Back To School
Chapter 10: Support
Chapter 11: Romance
Chapter 12: Oh Boy
Chapter 13: Sam the Man
Chapter 14: The Truth
Chapter 15: Secrets Out
Chapter 16: Ashamed
Chapter 17: Liar Liar
Chapter 18: Lovers Lane
Chapter 19: Daddy Issues
Chapter 20: No Experience
Chapter 21: Betrayed Once Again
Chapter 22: Replacement
Chapter 23: An Eye for an Eye
Chapter 24: Hard Decisions
Chapter 25: Deep Conversations
Chapter 26: Searching
Chapter 27: The Mrs'
Chapter 28: Family
Chapter 29: Preterm
Chapter 30: Baby Boy
Chapter 31: And The World Stops
Chapter 32: Fighter
Chapter 33: Moving Out
Chapter 34: Mistakes
Chapter 35: Fear
Chapter 36: Questions
Chapter 37: You Make Me Sick
Chapter 38: Results
Chapter 39: Honesty
Chapter 40: To My Boys
Chapter 41: Deep Sleep
Chapter 42: Healing
Chapter 43: Happy Birthday
Chapter 44: Paranormal
Chapter 45: Fears
Chapter 46: Grown
Questions!
New Book Coming Soon!
New Book Published
WIP
XPLR WITH ME PREVIEW
100K!!!!!!
150k 😳

Chapter 7: Six Weeks

8.6K 153 15
By thean0nym0uswr1ter

-Amara- 2 hours earlier.

I wake up and see the ambulance walls around me, as well as an EMT looking over me.

"Amara, Amara. We're getting you to the hospital, don't worry. Mom and Dad is there waiting. You're going to be just fine."

I nod my head and clench my eyes as the pain meets me again. It all happened so fast.

"Is Colby okay?" I whisper.

"Yes ma'am, everyone's okay." He says placing a hand on my fore head.

We arrive at the hospital and they wheel me into the ER, going straight back into a room. I watch quietly as they hook me up to machines and begin their work.

I see my mom and dad outside my door, rushing to me. "Oh, baby." Mom cries as she holds me. My dad grabs my hand and kisses it. "I'm okay." I whisper trying to comfort them.

"I'm so glad you're okay." She kisses me head. I smile and wrap my okay arm around her.

"We're going to run some tests and do a couple xrays and make sure she has no broken bones or anything internal. The driver was going 50 miles per hour, so she took a pretty bad hit." The doctor explains the process to my parents and I.

"How long until we find out?" My dad asks. "Well, we have to get her registered and get her into her testing but it shouldn't be too long." He says goodbye and leaves the room.

"Where were you even going? And they said you were with some boy?" My mom asks.

"I threw up in study period, I know him and he offered me a ride home so I wouldn't be sick driving. His name is Colby."

"And you know him from school?" My dad asks. I nod my head. They don't need to know the whole truth.

They look at each other, almost as if they were telepathically trying to decide if I was being honest. I look away from them and down at my wrist. They put a temporary cast on it because they're pretty sure it's broken. I grimace when I notice the pain again, hopefully the medicine they gave me will start kicking in.

A nurse walks in greeting us, "Hello, I'm Nurse Smith. I'm here to take you back to your x ray." She gets my table and unhooks it. My parents say goodbye to me and she starts rolling me back. We pass a couple rooms before she stops in front of the door that said "X-RAY." 

They get me set up. I place my arm in the x ray and position me.

"Okay just stay still, it won't take too long." I nod my head in response to the nurse. After taking the pictures they take me back to my room, where my parents were still waiting.

They put me back in position. "Do you know what happened to the person that hit us?" I ask them. "Well, all I know is that he ran a red light when you and your friend was passing under the green light." My dad says. I nod my head.

There's a knock on the door, then the doctor walks in. "Alright, so looks like you'll need surgery because of your broken wrist. We're going to draw some blood and then we'll get your prepped for surgery. Thankfully, there's a spot today that we can squeeze you in. It'll be a simple surgery and you'll be up and back to yourself within a week. I'll have a nurse in here in just a few minutes and she'll get a blood sample."

I sigh and put my head back, looking towards the ceiling.

Colby is just all around bad luck. Don't get me wrong, he was sweet to take me home but it was probably just a reason for him to leave school. I doubt he really cares too much.

About thirty minutes later a nurse comes in and draws my blood quickly. She took a small sample from my left arm, it didn't hurt too bad. My mom and dad occupy themselves with their phones as I sit quietly. I'm not even sure where my phone is. Probably with Colby.

I turn on the TV and turn it to one of the movie stations. Jurassic Park is playing, which is one of my favorite movies. I turn the volume up on the remote and continue watching the tv, letting time pass.

About half way through the movie the nurse walks back in with a concerned look. "Mom, Dad, could you wait out the hallway for just one moment?" She asks. My doctor then walks in behind her with my chart. My parents look to each other with a worried look before following orders.

My doctor sits on the end of my bed, "Amara, are you aware that you're pregnant?" He asks. My heart stops. I can't be pregnant. It was one time, I only did it one time.

"W-What?" I say while my heart races. "Well your blood levels showed that you have a high count of HCG, which is the hormone released during pregnancy. We're concerned for the fetuses life, so we need to know how far along and if it's okay for us to do an ultrasound to find the heartbeat."

My mind races as he speaks to me.

I'm pregnant. How can I be pregnant? I know how, but why me? Why did I have to get pregnant? And by a boy I barely know or even trust. I can't believe this. My family will kill me, I'll be disowned.

"I-" I take a deep breath as tears welp up in my eyes. "Take your time, sweetie." The nurse says. "What day was your last period?" The doctor asks.

I trace back, "August 4th." I say quietly. He nods and writes it down.

"Okay, so youre about six weeks along, we can get you set up with an OBGYN, but we won't be able to give you your surgery. This isn't a big deal, we'll put a cast on you and it'll be good as new in just a few months. Would you like to us speak to your parents?" I nod my head in response. I'm still shocked. How will I tell him?

The nurse brings my parents in and sit them down.

I look at them but turn away, trying to keep calm.

"So, we found in the bloodwork that Amara is about 6 weeks pregnant." My dads face turns to anger as my mom opens her mouth in shock. "This means that she won't be able to have her surgery, however we do need to do an ultrasound and see if the fetus has a heartbeat." He explains. I can see my mom grab my dads hand that was clenched into a fist.

"You can both stay in here during this if you'd like, and if Amara is alright with that."

My parents both look at me, disappointment painted over their faces as they both realize their baby is having a baby.

"I need some time." My dad says. I look at him but he seems to not be able to look into my face. He leaves the room. My mom sighs and thanks the doctor. "I'll be back with an ultrasound technician in just a few minutes."

As he leaves my room my mom walks over to me, sitting on my bed. "Did you know before today?" I shake my head no. "Who's the father, Amara?" My chest hiccups as I began crying, looking out the hospital window. "Amara please talk to me. I know you're not a bad kid and I'm not angry at you." She puts her hand on mine.

"The boy I was with today." I tell her crying. "And are you two together?" "No. It was a one time thing, I was drunk and I swear it's the only time I've ever done it, I p-promise." I start crying harder.

Her eyes tear up and she hugs me softly. "It's okay, baby. We're going to get through this I promise." My head buried into her chest as she held me.

"H-He hates me." I say, regarding my dad. "No he doesn't, he just needs some time to process. Do you want me to get in touch with Colby?" I shake my head no vigorously. I can't face him yet.

"I- I can't. Not yet." I swallow back and cry.

She backs away from me as the ultrasound technician walks in. "Hi, how are you feeling?" She asks me as she sets up. "Good." I smile. "I see you took a nasty hit. Car wreck right?"

"Yes ma'am." I smile. I haven't even seen what I look like, but I can feel all the cuts and bruises on my face and body.

"Alright, I'm going to have to do a cervical ultrasound. Are you comfortable with having your mom in here? I'll have to get you to lift up your legs." She asks me.

"Yes, that's okay."

She instructs me into the position before beginning the ultrasound.

The screen is facing away from both my mom and I. I hold her hand tightly and hold my breath. I see a small smile form on the nurses face, she moves the screen to my mom and I and points to the small baby. "Here is the baby," she points to a small dot, "And here is the baby's heartbeat." I watch as the small heart beats in amazement.

"Mom," I laugh. She smiles and kisses my hand. "You can do this, baby." She tells me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 552 25
Sequel to In Love With My Boy Best Friend (Charlie Gillespie Fanfic)
108K 2.6K 16
30 days was all that it took to shatter Charlotte's perfect world. Book 1: The Virgin Bet Book 2: After The Bet
163K 3.1K 200
~Reign AU/Collection of Oneshots~ The world can be dark, Mary, and uncertain and cruel. The only thing that matters is that we face it together. No m...
290K 6.4K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.