The Two Billionaires

By mon1sha

Gwen Carter, the top of the food chain. A billionaire who owns the world. No one knows, who she is or where s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Dear Reader
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Sneak Peak of Dave's Story
Bonus Chapter 4

Chapter 27

54.7K 2.4K 946
By mon1sha

My fists crashed against the punching bag, I
shifted my weight slightly bending my knees and resumed harsh punches. In my haste to get rid of my aggression I had forgone gloves and wraps, my instructor would have my neck if he saw this. Thick blood oozed out of my busted and bleeding knuckles.

When my family had treated me badly I had set forth some solid rules. My insecurities and my thoughts were a cleverly built wall around me, a shell which would protect me from further hurting. But after listening to my father's words my world was turning over. All that I thought was true was not, confusion ran wild in my head. I didn't know whom and what to trust.

Just because my father had told me his side of the story doesn't change the fact that they willing put me through all that, it doesn't deny the sleepless nights I spent crying, doesn't deny the pain and hurt I was filled with.

Things wouldn't change between us so quickly, if they wanted me in their life they had to make it up to me, it was the least they could do.

I resumed the momentum of my punches
ignoring my angry tears and bleeding knuckles,normally this was a moment I would stop and let Dave yell at me.

My hard punch resulted in a cry of anguish and a stream of curses to fall from my mouth, but this was not a war of fists and power it was my battle against my inner demons, my beliefs which I had
set from the age I could think.

My battle was not of the physical sort where I could knock someone out, it was letting go of all the beliefs I held onto, I had to let go of my anger towards my parents so that I could move on, I couldn't let it wrap around my neck like a cord tightening and reminding me of the same event.

It was what so many people told me so easily yet tough was to do it, I wanted to let go of my anger towards the world, myself and try to let someone into my life. Easier it was said than done.

"Are you done?" I heard a deep voice call out, pretending to be oblivious, I resumed my punches until hands wrapped around my waist and tugged me into a warm chest, half heartedly I tried to yank his hands away only for him to tighten them and press his forehead against mine.

"How long have you been standing there?" I
asked wincing when my bruseid knuckles brushed against him.

"Aren't you supposed to wear gloves? Look at your hands. Honestly Gwen, why don't you take care of yourself." He ignored my question and pulled me towards the couch.

"I don't care." I replied softly. Nobody ever cared whether my knuckles were bleeding, whether I had eaten. My parents didn't even bother when I had passed out due to exhaustion, they had dismissively asked the maid to take me to the doctor claiming they had an important meeting.

"I most certainly care, and next time I find you hurting yourself like this. You will get it good, trust me it's not something you will enjoy."Chris said gravely pressing a wet cloth on my hands to wipe away the blood. It was funny to see a bulky strong man like him handle my hands with so much care. It made me want to coo and embarrass him or kiss him senseless, you can pick.

"I'm not crying." I informed him, hating the
fact that I always burst into tears in front of him. I am Gwen Carter and I don't cry, I don't want Chris to think I'm a crybaby.

"My eyes are sweating." I said lamely trying to wipe away the rapid tears from my eyes.

Chris threw his head back and laughed, his eyes crinkled his dimples even more highlighted. The darn man was already so handsome and now let him laugh making him look even more amazing. Stupid Chris.

"Of course. Your not crying. Sometimes my eyes sweat too. You promise to tell me when that happens." He asked bandaging my hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked resting my head on his shoulder for him to wrap his strong arms around me.

"Well someone left without telling me, and
when I do find her, she is full set on beating up a punching bag." He jokes.

"My dad had a heart attack Chris." I told him, his arms tightened around me and spun me to look into his grey eyes.

"I'm sorry." He expressed sadly.

"Is there something I can do?" he cupped my face, looking worried.

"Just hold me." I mumbled resting my forehead against his chest. Sometimes you don't need a lot of words to comfort you, just their presence and time they spend on making sure your okay, will speak volumes on how much you mean to a person.

"Go out with me Gwen?" he asked suddenly making me look into his grey eyes.

"Where?" I questioned, somewhere in the corner of my jumbled brain barley registering the meaning of his words.

"Like a date. You and me. When all of this over." he replied the tips of his ears turning red.

"Why?"

Ohh, stupid Gwen. Did you think he's gonna take you out to dinner and maybe confess his hidden feelings for you, no he's planing to dump your annoying ass into the ocean under the pretext of taking you on a date.

Really?

God, you are dumber than I thought.

"I mean... Do you like me?" I honestly didn't understand why he wanted to go out with me, a girl who has the tendency to beat people up, an annoying mouth which will make people want to pull their hair out in frustration. Ohh, don't forget my legendary temper.

"I don't know if it's the right time to tell you this. But I can't wait any longer. My life was all about working and my family. I never wanted anything else but after you came in I felt life was missing something. And today I realised it was you. I don't know what life will bring but no matter good or bad I want to spend it with you. I really like you Gwen and you're not pressurised to tell me anything you don't feel. But I just want you to know." Chris said tracing small circles on my cheek.

"Thank you." I replied stupidly. What the hell, the guy practically poured out his heart for you and you say thank you. Gwen you are officially the most dumb person in the world.

"What?"

"I'm scared." I mumbled  looking at my shoes.

"What are you scared about?"

"I've been hurt by practically everyone in my life, I'm scared to let someone in. If you too hurt me I don't think I can take it." I admitted softly.

"I will do my best never to hurt you. I only ask for a chance, if not you can stomp over my heart and leave me. But I'll be damned if I let me hurt you." Chris said looking into my eyes.

I lowered my eyes as though my admission
would make me vulnerable. I pressed my face into his shirt until my voice was muffled and whispered "I think I like you Chris."

"What was that? I didn't hear you." I heard his amused voice.

"You heard it and I'm not saying it again." I told him trying to stop my goofy smile.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked pulling me closer.

Too embarrassed to reply, I shyly nodded, biting my lower lip. I draw my hands around his neck bringing my lips closer to his, Chris waited hesitantly as though giving me space to pull away and storm out, when I didn't he gently pressed his lips against mine, I tugged on his silky golden hair causing him to groan against my mouth, he lifted me up gently until I could sit on him, knees on either side, one hand cupped my face angling it towards him, the other resting on my waist. He deepened the kiss causing sparks to erupt in me, i shivered when he nipped at my lips. With a soothing nip  my bottom lip he ended the kiss before I would have liked it to, and pressed his forehead against mine.

"I'm a cold hearted bitch with an unbearable attitude, an affinity to beat people up, do you really want to take a chance with me?"

"I'm a guy of few words, I can hold back the hands of any guy you want to punch, can drive the getaway car, and help in hiding any dead body for you. Yes, I do want to take a chance with you."

"Then you're mad." I grinned against his lips. His eyes darkened as his lips descended on me, slowly breaking down my reflexes, until the only thing I remembered was him.

***********************
We are all a little weird, And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall into a mutually satisfying weirdness–and call it love–true love.–Robert Fulghum

I'm bad at writing romance. Ignore any mistakes if possible.

Time to throw in the monkey wrench in the next chapter, hold on tight because a lot is gonna happen.

My next update will be Saturday.

Please vote and comment.

Until then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 1.8K 23
[BOOK ONE.] "I'm straight!" I snapped bitterly, my face burning with embarrassment. Ace chuckled softly. "Your body tells me another story." He tease...
48.6K 1.5K 51
Gwen did a lot of things, made a lot of mistakes, and crossed paths with a lot of people. And, she made those people very dirty. This makes those peo...
1.7M 50.3K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
329K 5K 103
Gwen did a lot of things, made a lot of mistakes, and crossed paths with a lot of people. And, she did those people very dirty. This makes those peop...