Let's Pretend

By _bookaddictt

"I need you to be my fake girlfriend". He paused allowing me to process what he just said. I rubbed my eyes... More

-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
Author's Note
Spin-Off
New Book!!
NEW BOOK
NEW BOOK

-25-

51.3K 1.2K 844
By _bookaddictt

Astraea Grey

Jaden held onto my waist loosely as we walked into the gym. I looked around in 'awe'. Even though I did in fact set this all up, seeing everything come together with the students laughing and just have a good time, made my mood lighten even more.

The walls of the gym were covered with sliver glitter drapes, with fairy lights behind them, lighting the gym walls. The theme this year happened to be Wonder Land as it was highly requested by the girls from school. The bleachers were pushed back against the wall and covered by the silver drapes and instead hundred small circler, lantern-lit tables, sitting about a dozen people scattered around. The stage sat dimly light by blue light and music started playing as students already were on the dance floor dancing, seeing Jaden, Madison, Darnell and me got here a little late because my mom thought she was a freaken photographer.

"Wanna dance" Jaden looked down at me. Even though as I wore heels and stood around 5'11, he was still taller than me. I interwined our fingers and pulled him into the floor. Pushing a couple of couple's out the way, mumbling a "Excuse me" as we neared the middle of the dance floor.

"I'll take that as a yes" Jaden chuckled as he threw his head back. He looked at me before losely placing his hands on my waist. I chuckled at how nervous he looked. I watched as I wrapped my arms around his neck, he gluped as I brought him closer.

We stood there just swaying to the music. My head on Jaden's chest, listening to his heart beat, while he just held me closely. Soon the music changed to Selfish by Madison Beer, started playing. I lifted my head from Jaden's chest and looked at the main doors to the gym. In walked the infamous, Hayden Anderson with his date Ginger Pubes, clinging to his arm. My breath hitched as I looked at him. His hair was done in it's usual up way, he was wearing an all black tux, no color was evident on him. A sudden pain stung in my chest as I saw the smile on Ginger Pubes face. She was happy. As I looked at Hayden, I couldn't really tell what he was feeling. He built his walls back up, and showed no emotion. Which I only took as a bad sign.

I looked away from the pair and stared at Jaden's emerald green tie. I pushed the sudden pain in my chest to the side. I brought this upon myself. I was being affraid and dumb, to face the truth even though it was something I've been waiting for as long I can remember. I shook my head trying to earse any though of Hayden from my mind. I was here with Jaden and he didnt desevere me staring or even thinking about someone who wasnt my date.

My eye trailed up from Jaden's tie up his chest to his well defined face. He had a sharp jaw-line, light freckles dotted his cheeks, his nose was crooked a little after a incident back in seventh grade when he fell down the stairs. His green eyes that seemed to turn a emerald green whenever he was happy always seemed to capture anyone-myself included. I was as I stared at Jaden, I noticed his green eyes were a sudden emerald green and a half hearted smile played on his lips. I turned my head following his gaze, he was staring longingly at Hannah Stars.

"Hey, Jaden" I called out as I looked back at him.

"Yes, Astraea" He tore his gaze away from Hannah who was with some of her friends and looked down at me.

"Go dance with Hannah" I stated as I grinned while looking at him. His eyes widened at my statment. "I see the way you look at her" I added pulling away from him.

"A-are you sure?" He looked at Hannah then back down at me. 

"Yea" I waved my hand in the air. "Plus, I'm going to get something to drink".

"Thanks you're the best" His smile reached his ears. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead in a friendly manner. I chuckled as he pulled away and ran towards Hannah. I pushed through the crowded dance floor and walked over to the drinks.

A smirk played on my lips as I watched some sophomore boys huddling around the punch bowl. "Hey" I called out as I stepped closer. The boys pushed away from the punch and quickly placed their hands behind their backs. I chuckled as their faces drained from color and they looked anywhere but at me. "You boys, act so suspicious. The teachers will definitely suspect something" I walked closer the the group.

"W-we have no idea what you're talking about Astraea" A boy with raven black hair spoke out, pulling at his tie.

I rolled my eyes before walking closer and bended my head down "Hand it over" My voice came out more demanding. The boys gave each other glances before reluntanly handing the silver flask over. "Thanks now keep an eye out and dont look suspicious" I whispered before opening the flask. I looked around and saw the teachers looking at the teenagers with disgust as they started grindding on one another. 

I put one foot in front on the other and tripped, dumping the contexts of the flask into the punch. I closed the flask and turned around to the raven haired boy. "Do you want some punch" I gave him a smile which he returned. I poured him and myself a cup as the other boys ranned off. 

So much for keeping an eye out.

"Thanks" He mumbled before walking off.

"Astraea" I looked over at a senior boy, Justin who was on the baseball team. Flashbacks from the party I had went to clouded my thoughts and I remembered I had danced with him. I gave him a sly smile as I brought the cup to my lips. "Did my eyes decieve me or did I jsut witness you pouring whatever was in the flask into the punch".

I smirked at him "I don't know what your talking about".

Justin nodded his head and rubbed his chin "Dance with me". 

I shrugged my shoulders before drinking the rest of the punch, ignoring the burning sensation in my throat. "Sure".

~*~

A high pitch laugh escaped my lips as Justin attempted to dance. The only thing he knew how to do was grind himself on a girl. He too laughed and grabbed my hand, pulling back to the drinks. We had been dancing through about ten songs and I was already feeling thirsty.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom" He slurred out. While we were dancing, Justin started drinking from his own flask, and now as he was walking to the bathroom, he wasnt looking too well.

Feeling as if I was being watched, I turned my head looking for the reason why I felt like I was being watched. My eyes locked with the similar choclate brown eyes that I had long fell in love with. I watched as he was sitting alone, drinking whatever was in his cup as he held his eyes on me. Never once did they leave my face only to look at my dress then he went back to my face.

My breath hitched as neither of us broke away from the entense staring contest we silently challenged one another too. As we just stared at one another, it felt ike we were the only ones here in this room. There was no screaming and yelling of song lyrics, no laughter leaving peoples mouth. No. Just us. I finished the rest of the punch Justin poured for me and placed the cup on the table. I brushed my hands over thr skirt of my dress and walked out the gym, feeling way to overwhelmed.

I walked further down the hall, until I was away from the blasting music coming from the gym. I stopped by some lockers and leaned my forehead aganist the cold metal. It felt refreshing- relaxing aganist my skin.

Footsteps padding against the tile of the floor, echoed the halls. Not even bothering to lift my head. I had a feeling who it was. The past week, we had ignored one another after my little slip out in the hall. But in these past couple days I always felt his stare on me. I just wished I could have a normal homecoming night for once. But seeing who I was and who I associated myself with. Drama always knocked on my front door. Drama was there on every corner I took, or even every step I took.

"Rae, can we talk" I straightened myself up and turned to look at Hayden. I nodded my head, because we both needed this. I just hoped it could've waited until after tonight. Hayden took a step closer towards me and the moonlight coming from the windows above the lockers relfected upon his face, making him even more hot.

Argh, why was I so fucked up in the head?  I couldn't even look at this kid without thinking sexual as my eyes trailed over his body.

Hayden took a breath of air before opening his mouth. "Even though we were pretending. Everything was real to me. I don't know what it was for you. But for me it was real. It meant more than it should have. And I was willing to be with you forever." He paused and held eye contact before I looked down at my dress. My heart was beating out of my damn chest. "I've always cared for you. I've always had a liking towards you. But even spending such little time fake dating, I noticed something. I noticed how great a person you are for me. I noticed it wasn't some like Hazel I should be chasing after, but you, Rae. It was always you even though, I tried many times to push it away. I always went back to you. I've never told you becasue I was scared. Sacred you'll reject me, so I pushed away the feelings. I thought the feelings for you disappeared when I started dating Hazel, but when I asked you to be my fake girlfriend, slowly I started seeing what I could have with you."

I held my hand to my mouth to muffle the sobs as tears were streaming down my face. It was actually happening. The tears werent some sad sappy tears. No they were tears of happiness. Everything that I had wished for was happening. "Please dont cry" Hayden tilted my chin up to face him. "I love you, Astraea Grey" He murmered as he looked in my eyes.

"I love you" I murmured not breaking our eye contact. I didn't feel the need to add 'too'. I just loved him. I loved this dork who has been my best friend since birth.

"I love you" I repeated softly to myself with a smile on my face. Hayden's lips twisted into a smile showing his white teeth. He lowered his head and pressed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer, deepening the kiss. Hayden's hands moved from my face to my waist, pushing me further back into the lockers, tightening his grip on my waist. I bit Hayden's bottom lip and he groaned in response opening his mouth. Our tongues tasted each other like it was the first time. 

We broke apart from the kiss, gasping for air. Hayden lowered his lips to my exposed neck. He placed a light and soft kiss, before biting and sucking on my neck. I moved my neck, exposing my neck further for him. He smiled against my neck as soft moans left my mouth filling the hall.

"Astraea!! Where are you?" My eyes widened at the sound of our bestfriend, her heels clicking signaling she was coming closer. I pushed Hayden away only to get a frown. "Astraea!" Panic started rising in me. She couldn't see me with Hayden, she'll kill the kid.

I placed on final kiss on Hayden's kiss, before rounding the corner and bumping straight into Madison. "Hell, Astraea!" Madison screeched as she held her chest. "Where were you"

"Uh, I went to fix my makeup" I stated looking at my bestfriend who eyed my neck.

"Did you happened to run into a Damon on the way" She pointed to my neck and I quickly covered the it with my hair. I'm going to kill Hayden. "Now lets get to the gym. Homecoming queen"  

"What?!"

"Yes now lets go" Madison dragged me from the hall and we began our way back to the gym. I looked over my shoulder to see Hayden smirking at me. He knew damn well what he was doing.

"And we are finally welcomed my this year's homecoming queen" Our principal cheered as he noticed me walk into the gym. Madison lightly pushed me further into the crowd. I climbed the stage, ignoring the glares. Trust me, I didn't want this either. I thought as I looked at all the glaring girls.

"And our homecoming king is" The principal trailed off as he looked at the paper "Asher Jones". I felt like I wanted to vomit. This wasn't happening. Why couldn't it be someone else. I would gladly take Earl from chemistry class.

Asher walked up to the stage with a smirk on his face, allowing one of the student council members to placed the sash and crown on him.

"Now Astraea and Asher if you have anything to say" My principal walked off to the side. I stepped up grabbing the microphone.

"So I want to say thank you for the people who voted for me. I didn't even ask for this. But I'm going to have to pass as being homecoming queen" A couple of smirks spread across girls faces, hopping which one would get the crown. " So Ginger Pubes why don't you come up here" A couple of snickers left everyone's mouth, while whispers left other. "Oops sorry, I meant Hazel. But I'm keeping the crown" I added as I walked off the stage and towards Madison who was over by the punch.

"Wow" She remarked as she drank her punch. "There's definitely alcohol in here". I hummed in response as I drank my fifth cup- I believe.

"So who became a vampire tonight and thought to suck your neck".

I chocked on my drink "No one" I mumbled earning a look from Madison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 241 39
"Focus, I need to know, are you some kind of criminal? Why do they keep such a close eye on you?" "I just have helicopter parents and a soldier for a...
101K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
37.3K 230 11
"I... Am here to see you.", I told him as I placed my hands around his neck. I could feel my heart beat getting faster but I had to keep it strong if...