Spin The Bottle

Ebby_writes द्वारा

It all started with a kiss during the game of spin the bottle. * When Stephanie Valentine - a wallflower who... अधिक

Synopsis
01 | Senior Year
02 | It's Just a Party
03 | The Party
04 | Spin the Bottle
05 | Hair Cut
06 | Hazel
07 | Poison Ivy
08 | Emily
09 | What Party?
10 | Distraction
11 | It's Her
12 | Cute Dog
13 | Soon-to-be Boyfriend
14 | A Date?
15 | Those Bitches
16 | Brody!
17 | Detention
18 | Twenty Questions
19 | Frozen
20 | Babysitting
21 | I Like Her
22 | Shrek
23 | Debbie Downers
24 | Threat
25 | Dump Her Ass
27 | Old Lady
28 | La Vida Loca
29 | First Time?
30 | Truth or Dare
31 | Makeover
32 | Psychotic Ex
33 | The Deal
34 | Suspended
35 | Lie
36 | Truth
37 | I Love You
38 | Apologies
39 | She's Pretty
40 | Feelings
41 | Tell Her
42 | I Like You
43 | We're Dating
44 | Out of Her Head
45 | I Miss Him
46 | Master of Kisses
Not an Update
47 | Anxious
48 | Happy Birthday
49 | Boyfriend?
50 | Yes
51 | Barbie Girl
52 | Promise

26 | Acting Strange

5.5K 206 71
Ebby_writes द्वारा

Chapter Twenty Six: Acting Strange

It's Thursday and school's just starting. Brooke and Stephanie gets into the school and head for Brooke's locker. Steph waits for her as Brooke gets her notes for class.

"There's a party this weekend," Brooke announces.

"Wow! That's cool but guess what?" Steph says dryly. "I don't care."

"Sure you don't but you're going. WE are going," Brooke declares.

"Goodluck with that," Steph huffs.

"What if I get Luke to make you come, huh?" Brooke wiggles her eyebrows suggestively with a smirk.

"Not gonna happen," Steph says with a gloomy sigh.
She has been trying to avoid Luke but it isn't exactly working. He makes conversation whenever he sees her and that makes it difficult. On the good days that she's succeeding in avoiding him, she'll get this ache in her that she'll want to see him- even if it's just his face. If she hears his voice, butterflies flutter in her stomach. All this trying to avoid him seems to make her want to spend more time with him. And it's FRUSTRATING.

"Hey girls," Chris joins them with a grin on his face.

"Hi," they answer in unison.

"Let's get to class, Hazel."

"We'll need to stop at my locker first," Steph replies him.

"Okay."

They've been talking since the week started and you could say they're a little closer. She isn't being difficult to him and he's being himself. Steph sees him as an acquaintance now- not a friend yet. She hasn't forgotten that he's the infamous player. Brooke is really happy that they're getting close and she doesn't fail to mention it to her. Steph doesn't know why she's happy about it though.

Steph sights Luke and Cole approaching them. She stares at his gorgeous face as he laughs at what Cole's telling him before she starts to panic. Before she can think of how to escape, they are already here.

Cole hugs Brooke and Luke greets Steph. After exchanging pleasantries, the boys notice Chris who is standing with a blank look on his face, showing no emotion.

Chris acknowledges them with a subtle nod and they return it.
Some sort of message passed across.

There is awkward silence before Steph decides to break it.

"Christopher and I need to get to class," Steph says. "See you all later."
She turns around and walks away with Chris beside her.

Luke asks Brooke. "Is something wrong? She has been acting strange lately."

Brooke chuckles in amusement. "Oh trust me, nothing is wrong. She's like this sometimes. Just ignore it."

Luke shrugs.

Cole clears his throat and takes Brooke's hands in his. "So would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, if you want to," Cole answers.

"Took you long enough," Brooke huffs with a smile and hits his chest playfully.

"Oh really?" Cole smirks and winks at her.

Brooke gives out a boisterous laugh before Luke decides to clear his throat, therefore ruining the moment.
They turn to face him.

"Let's get to class, you love sick morons," Luke teases softly and turns to walk away without waiting for them.
Cole and Brooke share a laugh before following his trail.

***

"Why do I feel like you're avoiding one of those jocks," Chris asks Stephanie with a raised eyebrow as they arrive at her locker.

"What....what makes you think that?" Steph asks with an awkward laugh.

"I don't know," Chris shrugs. "Apart from the fact that you left in a hurry and you're avoiding eye contact right now."

"That doesn't prove anything. I'm not avoiding any of them," Steph denies.

"You're terrible at lying but because I'm a nice guy, I'll drop the subject," Chris says with a tongue click.

Steph let's out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. She gets what she needs from her locker and they begin to head to their first class.

Steph notices the stares- or rather- glares sent her way. She has been getting a lot them lately.

"Can you remind me again why you're talking to me?" Steph asks quizzically.

Chris grins. "Because we're friends."

"No, we are not," Steph deadpans.

"Fine. We're about to become friends," Chris tells her.

She doesn't say anything to that.

"Why'd you ask?"

"Because people are wondering the same thing and won't stop staring," Steph mutters.

"Wow!" Chris feigns shock. "That means we're famous. You should be happy."

"Unlike you, I don't like that type of attention," she specifies.

"You would just have to get used to it, Hazel. Very soon, we'll have our very own reality TV show. I can see it already." Chris waves a hand in front of his face dramatically.

"Okay weirdo," Steph says dryly just as they walk into their maths class.

Stephanie takes a seat and Chris takes the one beside her. They settle down before Chris speaks again.

"Hey Hazel."

"Hmm," she answers as she brings out her notebook for class.

"Why do plants hate math?" Chris asks her.

She pauses and turns to look at him, giving him a puzzled look.

"Huh?"

"Why do plants hate math?" He reiterates.

She stares at him but the look on his face doesn't falter.

"I don't know," she shrugs. "Why don't we go and ask one outside?"

Chris chuckles. "It's because it gives them square roots."

"Seriously?" She deadpans. "Math joke?"

He grins with a nod.
"Wanna hear another one?"

"No," she answers flatly.

"What do you call an angle that is adorable?"

Steph sighs and pretends not to be interested but she's mentally thinking about the answer.
When she doesn't answer for some seconds, Chris does.

"Acute angle."

"What do you call dudes who love math?"

"You mean dudes like you?" Steph turns to give him a smirk.

"It's Algebros. Get it? Alge...bros..."

"I get it," Steph snaps. "You're an algebro," she adds with a simper.

Chris ignores her and goes on.

"Why do they never serve beer at a math party?"

"I don't know," Steph groans.

"Because you can't drink and derive," he stresses the last word and Steph smiles.

She shakes her head, "You're something."

"What did-"

Steph interrupts him with a glare. "One more joke and I'm gonna find myself another seat, away from you."

***

"Is it just me or are Mrs. Greene's lessons boring?" Chris asks as they exit their last class for the day.

"I think it's the same for everyone. Didn't you see their faces?" Steph says.

Chris stops walking as they get to a corner. "I have to get to practice. I'll see you later."

"Okay," Steph answers and then proceeds to find Brooke and when she does, they head to Brooke's car together.

"Where do you think he'll take me?" Brooke asks as she buckles her seatbelt.

"How would I know?" Steph questions bemusedly. "The date is long overdue." Then she mutters under her breath, "Turtle Couple."

"I don't know!"

"If there's anyone you should ask that question, it would be Luke. They're best friends after all. I barely know anything about Cole."

"You don't because you don't care. You're too busy thinking about Luke or devouring his gorgeous profile when we're with them," Brooke teases with a smile.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not. I'm usually thinking about how I ended up having a crush on him when we're together." Stephanie ends her statement with a shudder.

And Brooke laughs in her expense.

"Just drive," Steph groans.

Few minutes later, Brooke pulls onto Steph's driveway and stops the engine. They sit in silence for a few seconds.

"No one is home right?"

"Yeah," Steph affirms. "Wanna come in?"

"Sure," Brooke replies and they step out of the car together. Steph unlocks the front door and they head to the living room and sit on different couches.

"Luke noticed you're acting strange around him," Brooke discloses.

"How do you know that?" Steph gives her a bewildered look.

"He asked me why you're acting strange this morning," Brooke deadpans.

"Oh crap! He isn't supposed to notice," Steph whines.

"Yeah, sure." Brooke says with a hint of sarcasm.

"This is not good," Steph says in a small panicky voice. She stands and begin to pace in the room, running her hands through her shoulder length hair.

"Uh huh," Brooke follows her movement with her eyes.

"What do I do?"

"I don't know- maybe you should stop crushing on him and like Chris instead," Brooke suggests in a casual tone as if it's that simple.

"You know that is not possible and would you please stop-" Steph halts her steps, "- about this Chris stuff. I'll never like him in that way."

"Hmm, we'll see about that," Brooke says as she pulls out her phone.

Steph takes a deep breath and goes back to her seat.

"Speaking of Chris- are you still babysitting his little sister?"

"Yeah, I almost forgot. I have to go over soon and....." She trails off as a frown appears on her face.

"What?"

"I'll have to take a cab," Steph sighs.

"I can give you a ride," Brooke offers.

"Really?"

"Sure."

"Thank you so much. I'll be right back. Do you want something to drink?" Steph asks, heading for the kitchen.

"Nope, I'm okay."

Steph comes back to the living room after quenching her thirst.

"So me-" Brooke points a finger at herself, "- you-" she points at Steph. "- party. We're going."

Steph laughs. "I'm not going to any party, cave woman."

"You will, I promise."

"Sure," Steph snorts. "I went to a party about three weeks ago and you expect me to go to another one again? No way! Have you forgotten what happened that night? I kissed Christopher- the playboy."

"Yeah and you guys are friends now," Brooke smirks.

"He's not my friend yet. He's an acquaintance," Steph retorts.

"No probs. I made you go to that party and I'll make you go to this one. Some people party every week and you're here complaining about three weeks gap. You'll go to this party and then the Halloween party Jason is probably going to throw this month.

"Goodluck with that," Steph scoffs, flipping her a bird.

"Oh, I don't need luck," Brooke says with a wicked smirk. "I've got all I need."

There is silence as Steph wonders what Brooke's plan is.

"I need to get to Christopher's house now."

"Sure, I'll take you," Brooke says cheerfully.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

622K 8.1K 25
Emma and Noah always played together, eaten with each other's families, called each other boyfriend and girlfriend and deep down, Emma has always bel...
The badboys pickup lines bubbles_666 द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

68.1K 2.3K 22
Rose Quinn has just moved into a new town with her family and is known as the new girl at school. But one thing she doesn't know is that her neighbou...
12.2K 484 58
There are three things Kaitlin should know: 1. Do NOT test the new bad boy 2. Do NOT keep in contact with the bad boy 3. And Do NOT and I repeat DO...
1.2M 45.6K 37
The rewritten version is on my account: Accidental Roommate (NEW). You can read this version but, just be warned, it is the 1st draft. Expect plothol...