Fake love ✔

By laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... More

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

V

5.6K 123 34
By laix_x

Chapter five

•Morgan•

After a long few hours of explaining everything to Hayley, and repeating the 'important' parts to Hayden, I realise I need to leave. "What's the time?"

"Uhh, 4:27pm", Hayden replies, not looking up from his phone.

"Shit", I mumble.

"What's wrong?" Hayley asks, Hayden finally looking up from his phone.

"Romeo will be back from work soon.. and I sort of snuck out", Hayden rolls his eyes, not very discreetly.

"Do you need a ride?"

"Uhh, yes please", I stand up, grabbing my stuff. "Thanks Rob! We'll come back soon".

"Yeah, you better", he jests as we leave.

We drive over to Romeo's house as soon as we can. "Is he home?" Hayley asks.

"I don't know, the garage door is shut", I reply.

"How are you going to get in? Someone might be home".

"Oh yeah, uhh—it's fine, I'll climb through the window", I wave a hand, dismissively. Hayden raises an eyebrow at me. "I'll be fine", I assure him. "My room is just around there, I can jump on to the balcony".

I get out of the car, running over to where my window is. "Yeah, I did not think this through", I say to myself as I stare up at my balcony.

I find two buckets and stack them on top of each other, upside down. I climb on top and jump, trying to grab the bottom of the balcony railings. I miss the first few times, but eventually grab it, pulling myself up. It was quite a struggle but, I eventually make my way over and on to the balcony.

"Yes", I sigh in relief. As I go to open the door.. it's locked. "Fuck. Seriously?" I whine, leaning my head on the glass. Luckily, the curtains are open so if someone comes in to my room, they'll see me.

I sit in one of the chairs, leaning my head on the table, going in and out of sleep.

✯✯✯✯

I wake up on something hard, but soft. I look to where my hand is laying next to my head.. a chest. I look over to see Romeo laying on my bed on his phone. I shoot up off of him, sitting beside him. "Um, s—sorry", I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

He sits up against the headboard. "What were you doing out there?"

"How did I get in here?" We ask simultaneously.

"I asked first", he says.

"We asked at the same time, actually", I mutter.

"Just answer the damn question", he chides, clearly annoyed.

"I just went out there, and it must've locked accidentally".

"Lies. The door doesn't lock accidentally, you have to lock it from inside. So I'll ask again, what we're you doing out there?"

"I just went out for a bit", I mumble, almost inaudibly. "But, before you say anything, I'm safe aren't I?" I say, louder.

"You were lucky. If you stayed an extra ten minutes or so, you don't know what could've happened", he raises his voice.

"If you're just gonna yell at me, you can get out", I cross my arms, leaning against the headboard, next to him.

"I think you're forgetting that this is my fucking house", he growls. "If you're going to act like that then-", he stops himself.

"Then what? You want me to leave? Fine", I stand up, grabbing a duffle bag from the closet and taking it to my dresser.

Stop! The voice in my head tells me. What are you doing?

Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Stop", I turn and see Romeo running a hand through his brown hair. "Go take a shower and meet me in my office", he sighs, walking to the door. "And wear something comfortable", he says as he leaves the room. I sit on the floor, confused as ever, wondering what just happened.

After I take a shower, I get changed into grey sweatpants and a black oversized T-shirt. I put my hair into two french braids and head downstairs. I knock on Romeo's office door, walking in when he tells me to. "You don't have to knock", he mumbles, as I take a seat in front of him.

He's dressed in a hoodie and grey shorts, different from his usual attire. He looks up from what he's writing and stands up, walking towards the door. I swivel in my chair to face him. "Are you coming or what?" I quickly scramble up from my chair, following him out.

He leads us to the theatre room, taking a seat on the large couch in front. He pays the seat next to him, as if telling me to sit beside him. The sofa bed is very wide, I sit with my legs flat in front of me, not even reaching the end of the couch whereas Romeo's just about reach the end.

"You can pick a movie", he grabs the remote.

"Really?" I ask, excitedly. He nods; I giggle like a five year old on a sugar rush.

"I'm going to regret letting you choose the movie, aren't I?" He sighs.

"Yep", I say as I grab the remote from his hands.

"I still can't believe you're making me watch this", he grumbles from beside me.

"I still can't believe you haven't watched this", I retort.

"Yeah but-"

"Shut up and watch the movie", I playfully hit his arm.

We are around half way through our first movie, Moana. He told me to pick any movie, and when I found out that he has barely watched any Disney movies, I had to choose my favourite one.

"Ew I hate this song", I complain as the song 'shiny' comes on the TV. I look over to Romeo and see him completely knocked out. He doesn't sleep much, so I decide to let him sleep and go to the bathroom.

I close the bathroom door behind me, taking out my phone. It's rings for a few seconds before they answer. "Morgan?"

"Hey, dad".

"It feels like forever since we've spoken".

"Dad, it's only been, like, four days", I chuckle.

"Yeah, but still. Anyway, how's it going?" He asks.

"It's going okay.. I think. It's too early to tell really, it's only been a few days. But he's actually really nice when he wants to be".

"That's good. Just remember, don't get too attached, you can't like him.. okay?"

"Yes dad, I know", I mumble. "I've got to go now, bye. I'll call you soon".

"Okay, goodbye", I hang up and walk back to the room. Romeo is still sleeping, so I continue to watch the movie.

Once the movie is over, I get hungry, so I make my way over to the kitchen. As I begin to stand up, I hear Romeo speak. "Where are you going?" His voice husky and full of sleep.

"I was going to get some food", I say, softly.

"I told Will to take the day off; you can order whatever you want", he shifts, his eyes still closed. I assume Will is the chef.

"Oh, okay", I grab my phone. "Do you want anything?" I look over at him but he's already fallen back to sleep.

I end up ordering a large pizza, incase Romeo wants some when he wakes up. I don't know what he likes so I ordered pizza, everyone likes pizza.

The doorbell rings, roughly, 45 minutes after I ordered the pizza. I try to stand up but Romeo is now laying down, hugging my leg. "Where are you going?" He grumbles.

"Food's here", I mumble. He let's go of my leg, falling onto the couch face first, when I stand up. I chuckle, causing him to flip the bird at me, making me laugh even more.

I grab Romeo's wallet from the kitchen and pay the pizza guy. "Hey, do I know you?" The pizza guy asks me.

"Um, I don't think so. What's your name?"

"Jacob, but people usually just call me Jake".

"Wait. Jake? Jake Miller? From-"

"Little stars, yeah", he chuckles. "Morgan, right?"

"Yeah", my eyes light up at his statement.

"No way! I missed you so much when you were gone, you were pretty much my only friend", I chuckle.

"I'm sorry", I slap his arm.

"Don't be fucking sorry, you idiot. Anyway, you're what? 19 now?" He nods. "We need to go out soon, it's been so long!" I exclaim.

"Sixteen years? Something like that", he smiles, looking down at the floor.

"I'm surprised you still remember me, you were so young", I chuckle.

"So were you-", he gets cut off by a loud thud from upstairs and a groaning.

"Shit. Sorry, I gotta go", I put the pizzas down and grab the pen from his sleeve, writing my number on his hand. "Text me, okay?" He nods and says goodbye as I shut the door and make my way upstairs.

As I walk into the room, I see Romeo laying on the floor, flat on his face. "What the hell happened to you?" I say as I place the pizzas down, helping him up.

"You took too long and the movie finished, but the remote was too far away and I fell", he mumbles the last part. I stifle laughter as I put the pizza box between us. "I'm choosing the movie now", he says.

We finished the pizza and we're now watching a horror movie, chosen by Romeo. "Ahh!" I scream as the face popped up at the window. Over to the right of me, Romeo doesn't even flinch. "Did you really have to choose a horror movie?", I whine in fear.

"Relax, it's not that scary", he says, not taking his eyes off of the screen.

I move close to him, hiding my face in the crook of his neck when it gets scary. I end up resting my head there for a while until everything goes black.

✯✯✯✯

I hear a loud sound from downstairs and footsteps coming upstairs. "Hello? Anybody here?" Me still being half asleep, I take no notice of it, until the voice comes into the room. "Hey!" He yells. "Oh shit", he whispers, once he realises we're sleeping.

"What the f-", I hear Romeo's voice before he stops and pushes my head off his lap, causing me to hit the floor.

"Dude, what the fuck did you do that for?" The person, who I'm guessing is Max, says. I let out a small cry of pain on the floor before standing up.

"Asshole", I mumble. "I'm going to bed", I walk past Max, rubbing my head where I fell on it.

When I get up to my room, I go into my bathroom and debate whether to have a shower or a bath. I decide to have a bath, so I run the hot water and get in.

they always know the pizza guy.. am I right?

btw, I'm team Edward :)

updated authors note:
hiii :) i forgot to update today but here it is, a little late. ive also decided to update on wednesdays as well as mondays and fridays, if anyone even reads it lol😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 39.3K 83
Meet Giselle Rose Moretti, an assassin known as "the Killer" and an undefeated underworld street fighter in the name of "the Devil's Angel." She was...
1.4M 38.7K 71
"Pl-please I am sorry" "I loved you more than anything, I would've given my life for you without question...but what you did to me was worse than de...
181K 4.2K 34
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
700K 12.9K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...