DANGEROUS WOMAN || THE HUNGER...

By -iamagoddess

"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE R... More

DANGEROUS WOMAN.
SYNOPSIS.
ACT 1.
THE QUARTER QUELL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
ACT 2.
THE CAPITOL.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
WELCOME TO DISTRICT 13.
ACT 3.
DISTRICT 13.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
EPILOGUE.
MY PROMISE TO FINNICK.
DANGEROUS WOMAN PREQUEL?
PREQUEL IS OUT!

16.

62.9K 1.5K 1.1K
By -iamagoddess

"KATNISS.."

--¤☆¤--

The sounds of Wiress humming filled the uncomfortable air, making things slightly less tense. Leaning his head against a tree, Finnick watched as Athena and Katniss talked to each other happily. In their own little bubble. It was nice. Smiling at the girls, he twirled thumbs back and forth as an attempt to distract himself.

So many emotions and thoughts were coursing through him at the moment that he didn't know what to do other than fiddle with his fingers. He wanted to be by Athena's side. He did. But, he knew he had to respect her boundaries. Give her space and time. But, he felt better being within arm's length with her.

"If you keep on staring at her, she may just catch on fire." Peeta jokes, making him jump in shock.

"I'm not staring. I'm scanning the beach." Finnick lies, his cheeks turning a bright pink.

Lies. They both knew it. Looking at Finnick, Peeta chuckled softly as he could see the embarrassment in Finnick's eyes as he was caught staring at Athena. But Peeta would not blame him, he himself had been staring at Katniss. Sitting on the empty patch of sand next to Finnick, Peeta plays with some of the sand.

The grains slipped through his fingers making the young boy feel surprisingly relaxed at the moment. This was the calm before the storm. Everyone knew it, but chose to enjoy the calm and ignore the brewing storm. They needed this moment of calm.

"On the first night here. You mentioned that you didn't care about anyone in the arena, do you still feel like that?" Peeta asks, wiping his hands on his knees.

Straight to the point. Furrowing his brows at the boy, Finnick looks at him carefully before letting a small sigh escape his lips. Finnick knew that he had lied to Peeta and Katniss about not caring about anyone else in the arena, but he could help but be confused at the question. What was Peeta's motive? Did he have one? Or was he just being paranoid?

"What do you mean, Peeta?" Finnick says, tilting his head to the side.

"You said that you didn't care about anyone in the arena, but when you saw Athena. You seemed like you were really worried. Kinda contradicts what you said. So, do you still feel like that?" Peeta asks slightly smugly, his eyes focusing on Finnick's reaction.

Well shit. He got him there. Picking at his nails nervously, Finnick could feel Peeta's pestering stare lingering on him, but he refused to make eye contact with Peeta. He knew deep down that he would crack. But, he'd never say it aloud. Thinking to himself, he contemplated with himself on whether or not he should be honest with Peeta. Pro's, he gets it off his chest. Con's, Peeta uses it against him later on.

"No, it's complicated. I do care, but I know that I shouldn't. That's what can get you killed in here, iIt's a weakness." Finnick said, making Peeta scoff.

"It can also be a strength." Peeta argued, making Johanna chuckle loudly.

"I'm sorry, but didn't you say something differently at Victor's party, Finnick?" Johanna adds, wiping her Axe clean.

"Victor's Party? What do you mean Victor's party? When was that?" Peeta asks, turning his head to face the brunette.

"It was for the Seventy-third. A stupid get together that Snow makes us do every Games. Of course, Athena and Haymitch make it somewhat bearable. Finnick just follows Athena around like a lost puppy." Johanna said, sitting on the opposite side of Peeta.

"What happened at the party?" Peeta asked, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"Not much. Me and Haymitch drank. Finnick was following Athena around like a lost puppy. The usual, you know. Nothing that exciting really." Johanna said, listing off everything casually to Peeta.

"Not true!" Finnick argues, his face turning red.

"You calling me a liar, Kelp-head? You calling Haymitch a liar?" Johanna remarks, raising a pierced brow at a flushed Finnick.

"Johanna." He said, giving her a warning look.

"Shush, Kelp-head! Okay so like I said, it was the Victor's party." Johanna said, swatting the back of Finnick's head to shush him.

--0--

It's the after party of the Seventy-third Hunger Games, Victor's and a few dozen lucky citizens of the Capitol were celebrating at President Snow's mansion. A private party. A 'special' event. To the eyes of the citizens in the Capitol, the President's mansion was gorgeous, especially the large gardens. From the outside, this house looks grandiose. It has been built with tan stones and has marble decorations.

Small octagon windows let in plenty of light and have been added to the house in a mostly symmetric way. The building is rectangular shaped. The house is partially surrounded by stylish gardens on two sides. Grass, flower patches and trees have been placed in a stylish way, but what stood out to the Victor's were the large white rose bushes. Something that was President Snow's was always seen wearing or giving a 'lucky' Victor. But they knew better.

The roof is high, triangular, but one side is longer than the other and is covered with black roof tiles. Two small chimneys poke out the center of the roof. Several long, thin windows let in plenty of light to the rooms below the roof. It was beautiful. The house. The gardens. It was all stunning. It showed just how powerful and rich Snow was.

"Hoping you're someone I used to know..You look like a movie..You sound like a song..."

Finnick had to admit, much to his dismay, that the house was beautiful on the outside. But it was what was lurking on the inside that made him hate it. The elegant building hosted none other than President Snow, even though his name was cold. If Finnick had learned anything in the past eleven and a half years, it was that there was no boundary between physical and mental games when it came to President Snow.

It was very simple, you are nothing more than a pawn in his game. If you disobey him in any way, shape or form, someone you love will die. If you obey him, you and your family will live to see another day. That was something that he had to do, if he wanted to keep Athena and his family back at home safe. He was willing to do anything if it meant that Athena was safe. If it meant spending the night with a silent, then so be it.

She was⎯is his everything and if he were to lose her. Surely his heart would break into a million pieces. Balancing himself on the heels of his feet, he looked at his feet to notice that his shoes were untied. Great. Bending down, he ties the laces of his shoe, fumbled with the leather string before finally tying it tightly. He would rather not be here. Looking up from his shoe, Finnick was greeted with the sight of a sapphire blue dress standing in front of him.

"You alright there, Fin?" A soft voice said.

Looking up from his feet slowly, he felt his breath hitch, his lungs curling up tightly refusing to let him breath. She looks just like a dream. The prettiest girl he's ever seen. It was as if time stopped for just a moment. As if the world stopped moving and stared at her for just a moment.

'She's...' He thought.

The sapphire blue dress barely covered her bare chest, but had silver chained spaghetti straps that flowed down into a modest round neckline. It's a close fit which gives the dress a relaxed, yet graceful look. Her arms have been covered with white gloves that make the silver chains from her shoulder's shine brightly.

A choice which adds to the elegance and grace of the dress. The dress' waist is broad, but it's a slim fit. It was decorated with silver and blue chains that create a graceful, flowing look. Below the waist the dress widens slightly and reaches all the way down to the ground and is the same length all around.

"My God this reminds me, of when we were young..Let me photograph you in this light, in case it is the last time..."

She was wearing matching blue heels, which further adds elegance and class. To top it all off she's wearing a lavish diamond earrings and an opulent bracelet. Looking at her face, he noticed that her hair was curled and pinned back into a bun with diamond-covered hair pins that decorated her brown locks. Her make-up consisted of matching blue eyeshadow and red lipstick, nothing too dramatic yet not too boring and bland.

'Beautiful..' He thought.

"You⎯I⎯You look." He whispers, his cheeks flushing a bright pink.

"Terrible, I know. I told Pixie that it was too much, but she told me that it was perfect. I should go change⎯" She rambled, but he cut her off with a scoff.

"You look nice⎯No, not nice! Wait, that came out wrong! I didn't mean it that way! I mean⎯you look beautiful!" He said, stumbling over his words.

Placing a hand over her mouth to stop the giggling, he smiled brightly at the sight of her smile. He wished he had a camera so he could take a photo of this moment. Just him and her. No one else. Flashing her a small smile, he rose up from the ground making him have to look down at her rather than look up. Placing her hand gently on his shoulder, Finnick tensed up at her touch before relaxing and leaning in.

"You alright, Fin? You're looking a little red." She said, pointing at his now red cheeks.

"Yeah! Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He said, his facing turning even more red than before; if that was even possible.

"You're also really warm and you're starting to sweat. Are you sure that you're okay, Fin?" She said, her voice soft and soothing.

"Yes! I'm sure." He stuttered, looking down at her.

"Oh come on, Fin. You know that you can tell me anything." She said, pouting her lip at him.

"It's nothing! I'm fine." He said, trying to assure her that he was okay.

He was flustered. Really flustered. So flustered. Like a stupid little school boy. God, it was embarrassing. Being so nervous. Not being able to get out a clear sentence. He could flirt with anyone but her. She was his weakness.

"Alright, I'm taking your word. But, if you faint like the last time Finn. You're going to get an earful from me and Mags." She warns, making him playfully roll his eyes at her.

"That was one time! Besides, I've learned my lesson. You and Mags make it very clear to me that if I put off being sick until I faint, that you give me more than a lecture and the silent treatment." He said, making her giggle at the memory.

Looking down at the floor, he placed his hand underneath her chin, tilting her head up so that they could meet each other's eyes. Smiling softly at her, he felt his heart stop for a moment when he noticed how close they actually were. Their chest's were just centimeters from touching and their faces were dangerously close.

If Finnick were to lean in a little more, their lips would be brushing against each other. He could kiss her. He wanted to kiss her. He really wanted to kiss her. He should kiss her. It would be so worth it. But, she had a family. But, Snow wasn't watching them. He should do it. No. Yes. No.

"DON'T BE A WUSS! TAKE THE SHOT!" A loud feminine voice shouts, making both of them flinch.

Fuck. Turning their head to the voice, they realized that it was coming from a man and a woman from the bar area. They knew that yell. Looking more closely, they soon recognized the man and woman as Haymitch and Johanna. Both were pissed drunk.

Surrounding the pair, were stacks and stacks of empty shot glasses with the occasional bottle of beer in the mix. Muttering a small curse under his breath at the distraction, Finnick joins Athena at the bar. Trying to stop the pair from embarrassing themselves further.

"Hey⎯err⎯Johanna! Look is the⎯err⎯'Marvelous' Athena Grey~" Haymitch shouts, hiccuping at the end.

Perking her head up at his slurred speech, Johanna gives Finnick and Athena a sheepish smile and wave. She was in trouble and she knew it. But, if she gave Athena a kiss on the cheek and a little praise she wouldn't get that bad of a lecture. Leaning her head on her hand, Johanna takes her time inspecting the man in front of her. Her eyes darted between the Athena and the drink in front of her.

"How much have you two drank?" Athena said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Err⎯like⎯um, only one shot. No biggie." Haymitch said, brushing off Athena, making her narrow her eyes at him.

"Haymitch Johnathan Abernathy. Do not test me." She said, her voice calm yet stern at the same time.

"No. No. No. Don't look at me like that. Me and Johanna really needed a drink. You know how boring these things can get." He whines, chugging the last of the remaining whiskey in his cup.

"Really, Haymitch? You know how she gets." She said, making the man scoff.

"She's fine, I promise. You're fine, right, Johanna?" He said, raising his eyebrow at Athena.

Staring at Haymitch unamused, Athena points her finger at a now hunched over puking Johanna. Johanna was a lightweight. She could stomach down three glasses of whiskey before getting hammered. Everyone knew it. That's why they gave her colored water with limes in it, pretending that it was tasteless Capitol alcohol, when it wasn't. Raising a brow at Haymitch, Finnick couldn't hold back the chuckle that was in his throat anymore.

"Yeah, she doesn't look fine." Finnick adds, making Haymitch crinkle his nose in disgust.

He's fucked. Sober Haymitch is going to have a fun time. Shaking his head at the sight of her, Athena lets go of Finnick's hand to go help Johanna. Opening his mouth to mutter some excuse, Athena silences Haymitch with a glare and a shake of her head. Wrapping her arms around Johanna's side, Johanna leans against Athena mumbling nonsense under her breath.

"Well, as the 'Marvelous' Athena Grey. I am going to help Johanna clean up. Stay here, we'll be back soon." She said, holding up a wobbly Johanna.

Nodding her head in salute, Athena wobbles her way to the nearest restroom with Johanna. Weaving their way through the crowds. Watching her walk away sadly, he couldn't help but let his eyes linger a little lower than they should normally be. Following Finnick's eyes, Haymitch quickly sobers up and gives him the deadliest glare that he could muster. Nope. No. Not happening.

"First of all. Don't look at Athena like that in front of me ever again or else I'll tell Mags, Odair! And I promise you, Mags scolding you will be child's play compared to what I'll do to you." Haymitch threatens, making Finnick gulp slightly.

"Yes, sir." Finnick blurts out.

"Good. Second, you really love her. Don't you?" Haymitch whispers, nudging Finnick with his elbow.

"Sorry, sir⎯Haymitch⎯er, yeah." Finnick stutters out, smiling at the mention of the brunette.

"How much?" Haymitch asks, making Finnick's smile falter for a second.

"How much? How much? I could go on and on for hours but it wouldn't ever be enough. But, to put it short, simple words with all of my heart." Finnick said, rather confidently.

'If only he had this much fucking confidence in front of her..the wuss..' Haymitch thought.

"God your fucking cheesy. But theoretically speaking if we were put back in the games⎯and let's be real, that's not gonna happen⎯But anyways, would you put her life before yours? Would you kill for her? Would you?" Haymitch questions, staring Finnick down.

"I would, yeah." Finnick said, running a hand through his hair nervously at Haymitch's reaction.

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys! So yeah..I put some fluff in before the BIG surprise!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically in quarantine! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!

P.S. Let's just say, in the next chapter..Something BIG is coming to the Games! It's absolutely..to DIE for..

ALSO, WHEN SHOUTING #BLACKLIVESMATTER DON'T FORGET! BLACK TRANS, GAY, QUEER LIVES MATTER TOO! THEIR ARE PEOPLE OF COLOR WHO ARE IN THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY! THEIR LIVES MATTER TOO! ALL LIVES WON'T MATTER UNTIL BLACK LIVES MATTER!

P.S.S. Want to know more about Athena's origins? Check out, 'FRAGILE GIRL'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 375 24
are we too young for this? feels like i can't move. finnick x oc written in full grammar. PREQUEL to the Catching Fire book. 1 in #district13 - 18.12...
718K 25.3K 68
The life of a victor isn't always great. Amelia Sawyer knew that all too well. After winning the 67th Hunger Games, she found herself back in Distric...
509K 12.2K 22
❝You want me to babysit them for you?❞ ❝A little bit of blood is the least of my worries.❞ ❝I don't care how well I do, I don't care if I get hurt or...
7.5K 202 21
↳ ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 ... 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐒. ❞ The caverns of her dark soul w...