Her Dawning Empire: The Proph...

By ToTheExtreme95

How hard can it be to fulfil a prophecy? That is, while having to work with a chiselled, righteous soldier wh... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Epilogue

Chapter 32

577 73 51
By ToTheExtreme95

I've uploaded again! Please make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed it!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                               °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

I looked to the ceiling, dazed and confused. Only it wasn't the usual one I was familiar to. It was more shabby in comparison and I sat up, shocked to find myself in my old room; chained to the bed post. I pulled hard at it.

Once

Twice

Thrice

But, it wouldn't move and I looked around, confused. How did I get back here? Chained to the bed, no less? Everything was fuzzy; I couldn't even remember where I had been last and then I heard the thumping of footsteps as someone ran almost violently up them.

I pulled harder at the chain and this made them only increase in speed as if they knew I was trying to escape. I whimpered at this, pulling as hard as I could, but it wasn't moving and i stilled at the sound of footsteps pounded against the hallway floor, towards my room. What was more was that the sound of the footsteps sounded as though they were on all 4s and this made me pull on the chain continuously.

I stopped when the pounding of footsteps stopped, listening intently. Then, the doorknob turned slowly and I held a breath as it creaked open slowly.

But nothing entered, so I continued pulling at the chain and then, it happened, and I let out a loud scream as a ratty corpse fell hard to the ground, turning to shattered dust.

I sat up rigidly, my breathing rapid and I snapped my head around, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. I could see both Ayla on my left and Maya on my right and I sighed in relief.

It had only been a dream.

Still, I felt wide awake now and I edged off the bed slowly, feeling the need to get some fresh air to calm myself.

Walking through the hallway was slightly eerie and I took in deep breaths to stop from the dark thoughts that were popping into my mind. Yet, when I could find no solace, I hurried my steps to the terrace, thankful when the moon was bright enough to dispel the dark away.

I let out a small noise of surpise when I looked and saw Demir lying down, again, on the ledge of the terrace. I frowned at this; it must have been around 3am now and yet he was here, still. I moved in quietly, my head still slightly fixated on the haunting nightmare.

"What are you doing awake? It's late." I asked in a quiet whisper, watching as he turned to me, a blank look on his face.

"Perhaps, I'm trying to get away from you." He said, his words harsh, but his tone was playful and I rolled my eyes at his words, leaning my hands against the ledge.

"I didn't know my presence had that much of an effect on you." I remarked thoughtfully before pulling myself up and seating myself on the ledge. I marvelled at the view from my standpoint, soaking in the air that hit my face. Demir regarded me then before closing his eyes again as he lay down.

"Get off the ledge, Hanna, it's not safe" He commanded and I rolled my eyes at his words, flicking my hair behind my back.

"Worried I'll fall? You care too much, Demir." I mockingly admonished him to which he scoffed, placing an arm under his head.

"I'm not worried you'll fall; I know you'll fall and I'm in no mood to play hero today, so get off." He retorted, looking to the night sky. I huffed at his response, choosing to stay where I was.

"Don't guise your concern with me by jesting- wasn't that what you had said?" I mused to which he let out a small sigh, closing his eyes.

"I'll no longer jest then if you're mistaking it for concern; I'd hate to give into your delusions." He joked and I smiled, dismissing his words with a wave of my hand.

"Oh, I know you care." I said playfully, leaning back and watching as Demir opened one eye, looking to me.

"And, pray tell, how do you 'know' that?" He asked, putting emphasis on 'know', his tone implying that I knew nothing.

I shrugged at his words, making a mock-thoughtful face before getting myself up into a standing position on the ledge. He raised an eyebrow at this, but chose to say or do nothing and I walked across the ledge slowly, turning to glance at him.

"Well, if you don't care, then you'll just leave me be, correct?" I presumed, knowing all too well what I was doing. Walking on the ledge was frightening, but I was all the more stubborn to prove a point, one that I could rub in his face afterwards.

He smiled slightly at this, realising my tactics before relaxing back down and closing his eyes.

"By all means, have fun, Hanna. Who am I to intervene?" He asked simply, amusement laced in his tone and I huffed knowing I'd have to step it up a notch.

Although slightly scared, I skipped slightly on the thick ledge, turning to look at him with a smile, but he gave no reaction. I even tried a small tap dance, complete with my own humming, but his eyes remained close and face impassive. I huffed again and he smiled slightly at this and I knew he knew my tactics.

I thought for a second before making my way slightly to the edge, my front facing to him and back facing to the view. I tapped a hand against my chin, a contemplative look on my face.

"Well, as you said, you know I'll fall. I'm just that clumsy, right?" I pondered playfully to which he said and did nothing. I sighed deeply, looking back before looking to his impassive form.

"Even if I do, you'll leave it be because you obviously have no concern for me." I said with a slight smile before raising my hands, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

And then, I was falling, the air rushing out from under me. But it was only a fraction of a second before I was swiftly enveloped by warmth. I opened my eyes in surprise to Demir who had lurched forward, a knee against the edge of the ledge as he leaned towards me. One hand was pressed against the ledge and the other enveloped around my waist as he held me tightly. We stayed like this for a moment before he spoke.

"Are you insane?" He grit out and I felt the vibrations of his voice against my ear.

I smiled smugly, feeling my heart race from the adrenaline of what I had just done.

"Probably, but never delusional. I thought you said you'd leave me be?" I questioned haughtily between breaths and I felt him pull my form up, his hair tickling my neck. It was only when I was seated back on the ledge and he was stood in front of me that I saw the scowl on his face. I laughed at his expression.

"Oh, Demir's too prideful to show he cares?" I asked between laughs and he raised an eyebrow, looking to me.

"I don't care." He said bluntly and I laughed again at his words, annoying him further.

Suddenly his hand went around my neck albeit loosely and I let out a shrill scream as he dipped me back so my upper torso was in mid-air. I looked up at him as he smirked, his cool eyes glimmering against the moon.

"I would love to just drop you." He let out and I made the mistake of looking down before letting out a small gasp and holding at the hand he had against my neck to stop from falling. His smirk widened at this before he relented, pulling me up until our foreheads were touching. I tensed at the proximity, feeling the heat crawl up my cheeks as his intrusive gaze pierced into mine.

"Does that show how much I care for you, Hanna?" He murmured, his hand still loosely around my neck and I chose to say nothing, my heart beating in my throat. My hair was blowing against his face, but it didn't seem to affect him as he regarded me with cool eyes as I stared back at him.

His hand finally dropped from my neck and he stepped back. I watched him intently; curiously.

"I know you wouldn't drop me even if you say that." I let out to which he laughed and sat on the ledge. I shook my head, moving closer as I spoke the words on my mind.

"Why don't you use all your powers? Is it because you're afraid of who you'll become?" I asked meekly, knowing it was random, but my mind was still on the conversation I had with Maya.

He tensed slightly at this, but the blank look remained on his face as he looked to the moon. I sighed when he stayed silent, knowing that I may have pushed too hard and that it wasn't in my place.

"I'm sorry for prying." I apologised to which Demir sighed heavily.

"It's no secret, Hanna. If you're staying, you might as well know like the others." He said bluntly before a small silence descended across the night.

"My powers are different to the others." He began, a scowl on his face, and I sighed in relief that he wasn't angry at my prying before making my way to sit on the ledge beside him. He ignored my gaze as he continued.

"I was born in the Withania province, a bit further than the Centaurae province we had gone to. Being born a descendant is considered a blessing, but mine- it was considered a curse." He explained and my eyebrows furrowed at his words.

"Why?" I asked to which he sighed, leaning an arm against his up-raised knee.

"I was one of the only two descendants to be born to a god or goddess of misfortune." He said simply and I nodded, my mouth slightly agape.

"The other descendant being Anouke." I pieced together to which he nodded, a scowl on his face at the name.

"With dark powers like ours, they only expect you to go down one route." He finalised and I tutted in exasperation.

"But you obviously wouldn't." I retorted to which he scoffed.

"It's not something I could control, Hanna, they were right to fear me." He almost admonished and I sighed at his words before perking up.

"But you can control it now?" I asked to which he nodded, making me feel relieved.

"Negus found me and helped me control it, but sometimes, I can still feel it. If I'm in my room at night in darkness, I can sense the urge." He said disdainfully and I looked back to the darkness of the hallway before looking at the brightness of the moon.

"That's why you come here." I concluded to which he laughed slightly.

"So, there is a brain?" He joked, shifting off the serious discussion and I rolled my eyes at his words, looking to my hands.

"If there was, I'd probably have figured out what my powers are by now." I let out sadly to which he tutted, turning his grey gaze to me, his hair flopped into his eyes as he spoke.

"You've been on Earth and unaware of the powers for so long, it's no wonder they're dormant." He reasoned as if it was the most logical thing to assume and I slightly pouted at his words.

"I just wish it wasn't so difficult." I admitted and he raised an eyebrow at my words, looking back to the moon.

"It's like acquiring a language at an older age rather than when you're a child. It's, ultimately, going to take time, balīd. Just learn to be patient." He explained as though I was a child and, although I rolled my eyes at this, I felt better at the thought that I may get better with time.

We sat for a minute before he turned to look to the hallway and back to the sky.

"It's late, go inside." He said with no room left to oppose so I merely nodded, feeling my eyes droop slightly with tiredness.

I moved slowly off the ledge before making my way the door. I looked to him before I exited.

"You should come too, it's late for you too." I advised to which he nodded non-commitally but made no move to get up. I sighed at this before making my way into the room and falling into a deep sleep.

***************

Unknown POV

I walked quietly, hurrying along to the dark daunting carriage that stood at front.

"Do you any news to share?" The eerie voice spoke from within the carriage, but its form was concealed in darkness.

I nodded in response, my voice clear in the pitch black night.

"The prophecy has been found" I said, impassively, watching as there was some movement in the carriage almost as if they were sitting up straight. I smiled at this before shaking my head.

"She's of no threat, worry not." I consoled to which the eerie voice let out a small discernable noise.

"Malika Anouke will be happy to hear it."

                           °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

Hope you guys liked it! Let me know how it was!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698 17 9
Leilani was ready to leave high school behind her, along with the annoying boy that she'd come to hate due to that one night. But little did she know...
15K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
72.6K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
289K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...