What!? I'm a Healing Dragon!?

Oleh AwayAnimal81

A man on his way to work saw a strange brand of energy drink in a convenience store. There was only one bottl... Lebih Banyak

Prologue.
Chapter 1: A Hard Choice, Help Me!
Chapter 2: I Have Surpassed Expectations!
Chapter 3: I Am Free!
Chapter 4: Brewing Trouble, Will We Survive?
Chapter 6: Dragon Spotted!
Chapter 7: The Decent of The "Protagonist"?
Chapter 8: It's Not Just Me Who Knows.
Chapter 9: Scary Thoughts, Scary Sisters.
Chapter 10: You're Out of Luck, Lux!
Chapter 11: Expected Consequences.
Chapter 12: A Change For The Better?
Chapter 13: The Prodigy Healer.
Chapter 14: Who Was That?
Chapter 15: A Childhood Promise.
Chapter 16: Never Enough Time.
Chapter 17: Innocence And The Corrupted.
Chapter 18: Flight School.
Chapter 19: Little Miss Perfect.
Chapter 20: Touch Touch.
Chapter 21: Unreasonable Rage.
Chapter 22: Tea Time Restoration.
Chapter 23: Fight For Freedom.
Chapter 24: The Peeping Jane.
Chapter 25: Stamp of Approval.
Chapter 26: Surprise!
Chapter 27: Easy Come, Easy Go.
Chapter 28: What Will it Be?
Chapter 29: Welcome to the Family.
Chapter 30: The Dreaded Day.
Chapter 31: Breathtaking Battle of Bulls
Chapter 32: A Meeting And A Farewell.
Chapter 33: The Beginnings of War.
Chapter 34: Playing The Fool.
Chapter 35: Mind Games.
Chapter 36: Bandit Scuffles.
Chapter 37: A Quick Visit to The Emperor.
Chapter 38: Suspicions.
Chapter 39: Take Lives to Save Lives
Chapter 40: A Zealot Dragon.
Chapter 41: What Do You Believe In?
Chapter 42: Instincts.
Chapter 43: Mission.
Chapter 44: I'm Getting..?
Chapter 45: Deductions and Destruction.
Chapter 46: Yuri's First Steps in Lionprairie.

Chapter 5: Dad Is In Danger, Let's Heal Him!

15.6K 587 291
Oleh AwayAnimal81

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the new chapter, hope you enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------

With the danger that is coming our way, I need to prepare.

Let's think about it this way, Sans had told me that there are 29 other reborn dragons aside from myself. I don't know about them, but I think Sans doesn't think that any of us were to be able to develop as far as I did. Hence his surprise in the logs.

So that means that most of the other dragons are going to be weaker than me, they all will deal with humans in the next 6 months. That means that it will be very well possible to beat it if ones weaker than me can have a chance doing it.

If a dragon of hatchling level was tasked in helping their guardians in pushing back humans by Sans, then that means that someone of my strength should be able to handle it too. Sans also didn't know of my birth circumstances, so that means that all the humans are going to be of a certain strength.

I have 2 Ancient class level parents who, as you can by their titles, have many years of life and fighting experience. They hunt catastrophe class monsters for breakfast. That's how powerful an Ancient class is. They are powerful because most dragons don't live that long due to being hunted when they are still developing.

If I had to say, I am extremely fortunate.

The humans are probably only going to be prepared to fight a low-tier Master rank dragon to a peak tier at the most. I think this because apparently a dragon, once they become a master rank are considered adults.

Sans also thinks that my reaching of Master rank was unprecedented, something this scenario isn't prepared to handle.

Also, I don't think that 6 months is enough time to prepare to fight something higher than Master rank.

I do not have the knowledge of the human's technological advancements or of how they fight. Is this a time of sword and magic? Or just normal humans with only themselves to rely on and no magic like my old world?

Well, dragons exist as well as mythical creatures, so my best bet is on S&M. I also can use magic so that only confirms it.

Also, I don't know how large this world is or it's geography. Since I don't know that, I can't get a rough grasp of the resources that human countries hold. Is the one closest to here properly equipped to even deal with a dragon of Master rank?

Even they do have the resources to deal with a Master rank, will they want to risk that war potential on a dragon that is not causing anyone trouble? Oh, I guess it was a good thing father didn't kill those humans.

And because it is practically set in stone that they will attack, will they attack again once they realize that 2 Ancient classes are living in this simple cave? There is no treasure here, no gold or jewels. The only thing worth stealing is me, but the risk far outweighs the gain.

If humans, Heroes, that are sent here are able to deal with Ancient classes, then that means that this scenario is rigged. In my opinion, sending a Hero to kill dragons that have caused no one any harm is just plain stupid. Why risk one of your best pieces just for some random dragons? If that happens, there is nothing I can do about it.

Let's just hope that my deductions are true.

If they are not, then I will have to practice my healing magic within this time frame. Currently, at best, I can barely even form a scab to heal my parents on even the smallest of wounds. That's how big of a difference in power and skill is between us. If they are wounded, there is basically nothing I can do to help them, despite me being a healing dragon.

Well, it is my fault because of how I chose to develop myself. But it's also true at the same time that there have been healing dragons throughout the history of this world that did not receive the benefit of being able to consciously train while still being in the egg.

I am basically a normal healing dragon with an abnormal physical body for my age.

Let's just do what I can.

...

For the rest of the week since Sans last sent his message, I have been practicing expelling my mana while simultaneously training my vocal cords.

I have come to be able to speak much clearer than my previous self of when I was just starting. It's like night and day.

I guess it's because I'm a dragon?

Dragons must physically develop fast I'm guessing because that pig that my dad brought me for my first meal has now become 3 sizes smaller than me. Let me tell you, my scales are getting bigger and bigger. That also means that my old ones are getting smaller, so they are falling off me while new ones quickly replace them.

For some reason I collect these fallen scales and put them in a pile next to where I practice. I don't know why. It just seems natural to do so.

I look at my scales that are growing on my body. It's mostly white, but for some reason, there are purple scales growing on my wings in the center. Mom has also mentioned that my horns are starting to develop, a purple color. She has no idea why that is happening, all healing dragons are always entirely white, save for their eyes. My eyes are also purple. I think that this purple is coming from the mix of mother's and father's eyes. Blue and red.

My guess is that this is all because I'm a reborn person. It's always something, isn't it? I feel that I can connect a lot of my theories back to being a reborn person. I think this is happening so that if I were to be able to travel the world before I get killed, I can tell who else is a reborn just by looking at them. I wouldn't have to manipulate their thoughts or play games with them so that they admit of their past.

"But hey, that's just a theory." I say to myself, referencing one of my favorite youtube channels. I can speak quite coherently now. It's amazing. I learned an entire language without even studying for it.

I guess that is just an extra perk of being a dragon?

Back to my siblings, Aqua and Odin are still unable to open their eyes. I mean, they are only like a week old. It wasn't until I was 2 weeks old that I could open my eyes.

But they are so cute when they make the meep noises that I used to make as they blindly wiggle their limbs around trying to explore. When they are not exploring, I can expect with high certainty that they will be cuddled together breathing gently in their sleep.

I wish I could join them. I am not that much older than them, but I feel a great distance between myself and them. The pressure of this responsibility of keeping my family safe is keeping me from taking things easy. I'm almost jealous.

No, I am jealous.

As I'm sitting there, gazing at my siblings with this unnecessary feeling inside myself, my mom seemed to sense my distress.

"What's wrong, Setsuna? What's on your mind?" My mother asked.

"Nothing." I say quickly before crawling away as fast as I could away from her to my special spot. I'm so stupid, why did I dodge her question? Why can't I just honestly answer her?

While beating myself up with questions, I practice expelling my mana while muttering new words to myself so that I can correctly speak them later without embarrassing myself later.

...

After practicing for 6 hours, it was getting dark and dad should be home soon. I heard the flapping of large wings in the distance, a sign that something large was flying around here. I come to the entrance to the cave to welcome him home.

Dad comes through the entrance of the cave all bloodied and battered, he didn't even have the strength to correct his landing and crashed onto the ground.

"DAD!" I scream, crawling as fast as I could to get to him. "Dad, dad, wake up!" I nudge my head against his body to get him to move. "Dad, what happened to you!?"

"Humph, just let me rest, my daughter." He said weakly, also while huffing a hot vapor from his nostrils, showing his anger.

I freeze for a second, and then slowly back away.

He opened his left sapphire eye that peers right into me. "Go get your mother." He commanded nodding his head toward the cave before closing his eye and continuing to breathe heavily.

"There is no need." Said my mother out of nowhere. I turned to see her right behind me and getting closer. "Setsuna was so loud screaming for you, I knew something was wrong."

"Hmph." Dad shortly huffed.

"Dad, what happened to you? Who did this to you?" I am trembling right now in anger and worry for my dad. These wounds are so beyond my reach of what I can heal it's not even funny.

I knew I should have focused on healing.

I'm such an idiot. Why did I want to focus on making myself physically harder? I am a Healing Dragon, not a Earth Dragon. I am a dragon meant to fight with others to support while they protect me, not me protecting them.

All for that feeling of pleasure of getting stronger? I'm so STUPID!

A Total Moron.

"Detected that one week since detected birth has occurred. Playing log, now." The auto voice suddenly said. I'm going to call them auto-san.

"Hello my dear Healing Dragon. By now, your guardian, or one of them, I don't know how many you have, have suffered great injuries. This is a small task that I have set for you. Pal.

A Healing Dragon should be able to heal wounds. Hence, the 'healing' in their names. I have set circumstances to coincidentally injure them to a near death point. The training you should have gone through while in the egg by expelling you mana should allow you to heal them back to full health.

That is just background information though.

I want you to heal your injured patient with your very special <Healing Breath>. You, being a Healing Dragon, have a breath that actually doesn't do any damage compared to the other dragons. It actually heals damage.

Now, all dragons are able to breathe their attributed element. If they can't then that means that they will very well learn that they are just weak meant to be killed by predators since one of their strongest moves is not available to them.

Your healing breath, like the other dragons, cost mana. Your <Healing Breath> is able to heal wounds even faster than when you are to expel your mana. The catch is, is that it burns through your reserve very rapidly. So rapidly that if you were given time, you could heal a person better if you just expelled mana.

This is only for emergency situations. Your breath, that is. You get great immediate effect for the cost of a indispensable amount of your mana in a fight. Get this, because it's a breath attack, you can heal more than one target at a time. It's an AOE healing spell if you know what I mean.

To be able to use your breath, you need to gather your mana in your throat and expel it when you exhale. Be warned though, there is a scale underneath your head where your throat will be that will glow brightly when you're about to use the breath. This gives your enemies time to realize what you're about to do and counteract against it.

Now, if you can't manage to use your breath, then in around 24 hours, your guardian will die. If you do manage to be able to use your breath, then that mark of death will be removed and you will be able to spend as much time as you need to heal them back to a healthy condition.

Also, the higher your rank, the more effect the breath has. Because of that, it's even more costly. But don't worry! You just need to adjust how much mana you put into your throat to match the rank of the breath you want to use.

A Novice rank dragon can adjust their breath to where it would have the effect as if a Hatchling were to shoot it.

Well then, I will come back 1 month from now to teach you a new move. Sayonara!"

Sans said his goodbye, leaving me awestruck at what he said about the mark of death put on dad.

"Message end." Auto-san also said.

...

Spread my mana and gather it into my throat? That's easy. I just need to manage to use my breath and I can spend as much time as I need to heal dad back to full health, right?

God, Sans has said some things and it's hard for me to hate him and it's also hard to love him. He basically crippled my dad leaving us with our stockpile of meat with no inflow until he get's better, even marking him to die if I don't manage to throw my breath at him, but then again, that breath is my best way of healing at the moment. Because it's affected by my rank, I can throw that at my dad for even better effect than just injecting him with my mana.

It's a saving grace for how I built myself, but a costly one.

Thanks Sans, you're a bastard, but thanks for the advice.

Let's get to healing dad... 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

279K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...