Let's Pretend

By _bookaddictt

"I need you to be my fake girlfriend". He paused allowing me to process what he just said. I rubbed my eyes... More

-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
Author's Note
Spin-Off
New Book!!
NEW BOOK
NEW BOOK

-15-

51.5K 1.3K 1.2K
By _bookaddictt

Astraea Grey

I gave a quick thanks to my Uber driver as I stepped out the car. The parking lot was crowded with cars and teens just hanging about. A gush of wind passed by making my hair blow into my face. Wishing I had at least brought a scrunchie I began walking into the blowing alley. I had told Madison and Hayden that I'll meet them here as I had to help with my mom at the bakery.

I walked into the place getting hit with the cold air from the AC. It felt like I was in Iceland. I tugged on my white cropped hoodie to prevent myself from feeling any cold. Seeing as that wasn't going to work I just wrapped my arms around my body attempting to maintain my body heat.

I caught a glimpse of Madison standing by the counter. I quickened my walk and in no time I was beside her. "Hey" I breathed out as I held my arms tighter around my body. "Where are the boys" I looked around seeing no sign of them.

"They went to the bathroom" She looked at me a knowing smirk playing. "I like your outfit".

"Thank you. Colton picked it out". My outfit was a simple white cropped hoodie with light washed high wasted jeans. I paired it off Nike X Off-White Air Jordan's, and had my hair in lose curls with some jewelry.

I looked at her outfit. "How the hell are you not cold" She was wearing a spaghetti strap plaid drees that stopped mid-thigh with a white shirt underneath and her white vans. Her hair was in it's usual curly state. The dress hugged her curves and the smile she had on her face shows she was finally becoming confident in her body and I was living for it.

She shrugged her shoulders "I like the cold"

"Hey Rae" Hayden threw his arms around me pulling me into a side crushing hug.

"Hey" I pulled away from the hug. I scanned over his outfit, and he did the same. We were freaking matching. From the white shirt to the same exact shoes. "Who told you to wear that" I questioned as I leaned aganist the wall.

"I picked this outfit out myself"

I cocked my head to the side to see Madison had her bottom lip tucked in between her teeth trying to surpress a smile. She rocked on the back of the heels of her shoes avoiding eye contact. "Madison you told Colton what outfit to pick out". I knew something was up when Colton barged into my room and helped me pick an outfit.

"Omg, you guys are matching. I swear you guys are cute" Madison said as smirked at me. I rolled my eyes playfully not really caring. "Say bad bitch" She took her phone and motioned her hands for us to get closer. Pushing myself of the wall, I got next to Hayden and pressed my hand on his chest while he wrapped one arm around my waist. I smiled at the camera and my face felt stuck as Madison kept going in every single angle.

"Okay done" She finally said after taking pictures, as she started scrolling through her phone. "I'll send them to you"

"You want me to take some pictures of you and Darnell".

She shook her head "We took pictures already. Now lets get bowling" She cheered as she walked up to the counter and started paying for the lane and our shoes.

"Shoes" The guy boredly stated flipping his phone over. We told him our sizes and grabbed our shoes.

"Thanks" I gave the kid a smile, he was about my age or maybe younger by a year. His dark green eyes bored into my mine and his lips were in a firm line. He rolled his eyes and went onto his phone. "Okay then" I mumbled as I walked over to the side where everyone else was standing taking their shoes off.

I sat down on the floor and took my shoes and slipped into my blowing shoes. I let a breath of air out as I leaned my head aganist the wall, trying to prepare myself for the night ahead. That I planned. Plus, I was trying to regain my breath, the jeans were too tight on me.

"Come on loser" Hayden held his hand out. I took his hand and he pulled me roughly up.

"Dick" I mumbled as I bent down to pick up my shoes. I turned around and my breath hitched as Hayden stood closer to me then before.

"What was that?" He moved closer making me back up against the wall. He placed his hands on my waist, and icthed his hands further up to be on my bare skin. I felt the hairs on my neck stand up almost as I had gotten electrified. I told myself it was because his hands were warm.

"I called you a dick" I slowly said looking him in the eyes.

A smirk played on his lips and he clenched his jaw, looking into my eyes. He opened his mouth to speak but Madison came over to the side, tapping him on the shoulder.

We turned our heads towards her, not moving from our postion "Your ex is here." She rolled her eyes and made a gag noise. Hayden removed himself from me and grabbed my hand. Before walking off I handed the kid my shoes, since I had gotten preoccupied.

We walked over to our lane, number six, and saw Darnell attempting to talk with Asher. But it wasn't working. As Darnell eyes caught us, a breath of relief left his mouth and his looked up to the ceiling. He looked like he was thanking the Gods.

"Finally you guys came. I have two questions, why is she here" She pointed towards Madison with a look of disgust, and if it was for Hayden holding me to his chest, I've would've punch her. "And two why are you guys matching"

"Because I can do whatever the fuck I want ginger pubes" Her mouth feel agape at my comment and everyone started snickering-including Asher which he earned a slap aside the head for.

"How about we start the game" Darnell suggested as Hazel and me were having a stare down.

"Sure, come on" Hayden walked us over to the benches.

"Rae" Madison stood by the computer where we had to enter our names. She motioned for me to come over. I released myself from Hayden's grip and walked over. "Wanna help me pick the names" She whispered wiggling her eyebrows in a funny manner. I let out a laugh and nodded my head eagerly. I looked up to see Hazel made her way over to Darnell and Hayden and Asher disappeared. We finished typing the names and grinned at each other.

I looked up at the screen laughing at the names.

Bad Bitch for Madison.

Football Jock for Darnell.

Starry One for me as that was the actual meaning behind my name.

Fatass for Hayden.

Scumbag for Asher because you just don't go for your friends ex girlfriend.

And finally but not least Ginger Pubes for the one and only Hazel.

"Why the hell is my name that" Hazel screeched making my ears bleed.

I looked at her and shrugged my shoulder "It suits you" I walked over to where the bowling balls were and ran my hands over the blowing balls before stopping at a mid-night purple one that had white dots scattered across.

"Lets do teams" Asher spoke out as he sat down with a trey of French fries. "I choose Rae"

"And I choose Hayden" Hazel jumped up and leeched her arm on my boyfriend-nope friend. My eyes squinted as if she was serious.

"No how about we team up with our actual boyfriends". I seethed out. I clenched my jaw as I glared at Hazel.

"But I think this well be better" She challenged. I removed my fingers from the holes on the bowling ball and walked over to her-because if not the ball will be making contact with her face.

"I think it'll be better if we teamed up with our boyfriends" I repeated.

"Hayden, you should decide" She looked up at him and placed her hand on Hayden's chest. She still had an effect on him. His eyes widened and his eyes looked anywhere but at my face.

He scratched the back of his neck "I think we should do what Asher suggested". Hazel squealed and I maneuvered towards my partner for the night. I sat as for away from Asher- to the point where I was on the end of the chair. I looked up at Hayden who seemingly didn't look as miserable as I did. But of course he wouldn't be-he was with the girl he loved.

~*~

I stared at the bowling pins and held the bowling ball in my hands. I looked at the score board- stupid scumbag Asher and me were in last place while ginger pubes and bastard Hayden where in first. There was one thing I learned when I played the games with my brother on his X-box and that was I hated to lose.

"Here like this" I felt Asher's hot breath fan my neck as he whispered in my ear. My body didn't react as it did with Hayden. No, in retrospect I felt disgusted.

"Can you move" I whispered as I kept my gaze on the bowling pins. He completely ignored my request and stepped closer to me. To the point that my butt was literally on his area. Getting uncomfortable I dropped the bowling ball. "I said move" I seethed out as I pushed him away.

That only made him grab me tightly by the rest. "Come on, don't be such a bitch. I know you want this" He whispered as he leaned closer to me. I scrunched my nose as his hot breath hit my face. He was way too close for my liking. If I was to take a step forward and go on my tippy toes, then I'll be kissing this scumbag. Instead I tried taking a step back but he pulled me closer to his chest.

My eyes widened as he started leaning down. I wriggled my hand out of his grip and slapped him. My hand was stinging from the force I had put upon it. Asher took a step back and held his cheek. "You fucking bitch" He pushed me to the floor and I ended up hitting my head- hard might I add.

"What the fuck?" I heard Hayden's voice and I leaned up on my elbows seeing he dropped the food he had on the floor and rushed over to where I was at and pushed Asher away from me. "Don't fucking touch my girl. I thought I made this clear, the first time" Hayden seethed out as he drew punches upon Asher's face.

I stood up to my feet, blinking my eyes as everything felt like it was spinning. As I regained my composure, I touched Hayden's arm "Just forget about it. Lets go home" I tugged at his arm.

He stopped punching Asher and looked at me. The anger that had cloudy his eyes only seconds ago, now soften as his eyes locked with my own. "Are you okay" He cupped my face, while looking at me.

"Fine. Can we go" I pleaded not wanting to be here any longer. He nodded his head and grab my hand. We walked up to the counter getting our shoes.

"Rae, Hayden we were looking for you guys" Darnell yelled as he walked with a not to good looking Madison. I removed myself from Hayden and walked over to her.

"Are you alright. Do you need your medicine" I whispered the last part as Hayden started talking to Darnell. That happened to be our little code message between the three of us if Madison went through the same thing as before.

"No. I just puked" She made a nasty face. "I think it had to do with the food I ate before coming here. So Darnell is taking me home"

I nodded my head "Same with us. Do you want me to drive with you"

Madison's lips twisted into a small smile "I'm fine, don't worry about it. I'll text you when I get home" I nodded my head and we walked to get the rest of our shoes and left the bowling alley.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248 11 9
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...
39 3 4
CHAPTER 5 OUT SUNDAY!!! Serena Hansen is a very nonchalant girl, she's quick with insults, uncaring about everything except for her loved ones and g...
5.9K 528 31
A story where people happen upon a friendship that can flourish into a budding romance if only.... ...
3.1K 241 39
"Focus, I need to know, are you some kind of criminal? Why do they keep such a close eye on you?" "I just have helicopter parents and a soldier for a...