The Theft (taekook)

By bubblewrap1009

Jeon Jungkook, the most sly thief of the town, isn't conscious about his ugly half burnt face anymore just ac... More

Prologue
1. A day in Arauna
2. Slight change in plan?
3. A word.
4. Embrace you in every form
5. Where is it?
6. Shall I apologize?
7. Help me with the word?
8. I bloom just for you
9. One thing I do like a royal
10. You should see me in a crown
11. Obsession never led to pretty
12. Rid me of the purity
13. Truth hurts, lies heal (M)
14. The Prince talks today
15. The Aftermath
16. I'm a heathen
17. The crestfallen queen
18. Kingdom of traps
19. Fire on fire (M)
20. Rewrite the stars
21. The art of manipulation
22. Slight change of plans II
23. The beginning of an end
24. Heat the pins, stab them in.
26. You and I collide
27. A withering petal
28. As long as possible (M)
29. In the father's name
30. Slight change in plans III
31. Seven
32. Last word
33. The unheld hand
34. Through the glass door
35. The Theft
New storyyyyy

25. Lost boy from Neverland

4.9K 555 735
By bubblewrap1009

[Recommended Song- Lost boy (Ruth-B)]

It was dark.

Three out of the four candlesticks that Jongha had placed in the 'room' had burnt out just like his spirit while the fourth, gripped in his hand, now looked back at him mockingly with a smirking flame.

When they said 'isolated dungeon' they indeed meant 'isolated'. The one with door constructed with bricks instead of bars. One with walls so cold that it had seeped deep into the prince's bone marrow and released with every pump of blood from his heart, much to the comfort of his frozen soul.

Kim Songdae had established to detonate explosions to crack this new found tenacity of Taehyung's.

He wished to permeate into every crevice of confidence of the prince and revamp him back into the timid boy who passed out in the dungeon his first night and gave his word to quietly concur to each of their demands only in exchange of his freedom.

A superior sort of servant, if you may.

Ofcourse he was scared of the dark. Ghostly apparitions phantom his head when he finds himself besieged in the blanket of obsidian black.
That was however the case when he had a weak heart. He doesn't have one at all now.

A certain dirty blonde headed male who was dragged out of the hall in a barren state like a rag doll took his heart along with him. That was his theft of the day.

The boy curled up into a pile at one corner of the cursed room couldn't vision how he lived before the thief came along. He didn't wish to vision it either.

His vision was only inundated with the most compelling words of the eloquent male. His eloquent male.

The worst thing you could do to your book, my love, is tear off it's pages. To crumple and discard them before you even experience what it beholds.

It never occurred to him what may actually happen if he stands up for himself. What if he finds a home in himself? What if..

Before you are mine, I want you to be yours.

Chanting this, he concieves that no matter what the fate's ink has fonted on the journal of his life, he shall not tear the pages.

Tomorrow when he fronts the brute demon, he will asail for his integrity.
He will be his own.

*******

"Your majesty." the man bowing at the door reaps the attention of all the heads previously engrossed in a rather irascible discussion.

Around the assembly table seated were the King, the first prince, The army General and his two trusted Leutinents conferencing to somehow obscure the news of Taehyung's run-away from the King who was to arrive the next morning.

"My apologies for intervening. I come here to present the information that I concocted about the convict we bailed. Jeon Jungkook."

"Proceed." Yoongi brandished a hand monotonously. Hoseok's ears perked up through his well slicked-back hair.

"Sir. The boy did not falsify about his family. He is indeed married to a woman named Jeon Trisha and has a son, about the age of four, with her."

The sound of Hoseok's gasp was not discreet to say the least. To conceal it with a fibbing gesture, he feigned coughing violently to which Yoongi pushed his glass of water towards him with a knowing eye and a raised brow.

"What is noteworthy, however, is that he also happens to have a sister who has a separate cottage of own besides the woods. We raided the cottage, the girl was not found."

Hoseok sighed into his glass gulping it's contents haphazardly and it was a given by now that Yoongi observed that too.

"I came to seek orders if we are to inspect his family further and search for his sister?"

"That would not be necessary." the King finally took his cue to broach in. Yoongi's attempt to put forth an argument was shunted promptly.
"It has been substantiated enough that it was Taehyung who performed this transgression. Let that boy be."

"Father, I refuse to believe -"

"It does not matter what you believe, son. If the word disseminates that a royal used a subject for his atrocity, there may be induction of a wave of rebel, which is the last thing I wish for in a moment like such. Or ever."

Yoongi cleared his throat when a dejected Jongha nodded "Let's continue, shall we?"

*******

He knew it was daylight outside. It had to be. He muses over the first cha-ching of the curtains sliding side to side every morning to reveal first aurora of the daylight.
Oh how left out the sun must feel for the one less soul he gets to nourish this day.

He closes his eyes once to rid himself of any nocturnal tiredness and rather focus on the eternal tiredness instead. That is what he shall channel.

He glances over the bed that he did not sleep in, the one that is loaded with clothes and jewels to put on for the grand meeting today.

But the apparels are not what seize his attention, it's the one accessory that proudly sits above them all.
The crown.

Dry skin of his face creased as the chapped lips stretched themselves in a grin, looking over his shoulder to the memoirs discoursed only and only by the virtue of this headdress.

How in a short of spell of time this inanimate object has gleaned more love and hate from Taehyung than most real people have.

Engrossed in this thought, he significantly flinched from the wham of the unlocking door, followed by a teeth grinding screach when it's lower surface dragged on the floor whilst opening.

A second later the hesitant yet cordial smile of leutinent Park was revealed followed by Namjoon carrying a tray of his breakfast and an ear-to-ear toothy beam.

"You're okay! Thank heavens you're okay!" relief washed all over him and his grin now stretched far enough to tear his cheeks apart. It looked as if he could warble and yodle in happiness just by Taehyung returning his smile.

When someone cares about you, it is so evident that you will never have to wonder if they do.

Namjoon placed the tray atop the small bed and held Taehyung by shoulders. "Jin hyung prepared the oatmeal and soup, Yerin sent these odd looking snacks saying you like them, and I.. I.. I'm so glad you are doing okay."

Taehyung chuckled "I was genuinely concerned for a moment that I may have to swallow something you cooked. But yes, I am more than okay."

Namjoon smiled again and took a step ahead but halted and looked back at Jimin. "Sir, will I be punished if I embrace the Prince?"

Namjoon looked utterly confused when Jimin did not respond only turned his back towards the two, facing the wall. "Not if I didn't see anything."

The next second air was squished out of Taehyung when he was cramped in a set of strong arms squeezing him like lemon. Not that he would complain; it was all he needed at that moment.

Although the relaxation was shortlasted when he found Namjoon ghosting his mouth to his ear and whispered covertly.

"The napkin under the bowl is a note from Jungkook. I don't understand a word of it, perhaps you will."

Retracting the hug Namjoon least expected a raspberry shade of Taehyung's face. Not like he ever does not, however this particular second he looked oh so endearing.
And so in love that he could be read like a book by merely hearing the name of a certain con-man.

"Are we done yet?" Jimin impatiently tapped his foot still facing the wall.

"Sir yes sir. I shall take my leave. Oh and sir, must I mention that you look inordinately charming in this color you have chosen to wear today." Namjoon blabbers like he does whenever he is edgy and quickly saunters out.

"But.. This is the uniform I wear everyday." Jimin mumbles at Taehyung in confusion who only lifts and drops his shoulders shrugging.

Dying to see the note he expectantly grazed back to Jimin who was still standing there now fidgeting with his fingers.

"Is there anything you wish to say, Lt.? You needn't be uptight with me." he wended his delicate urbane smile to which the other sighed and looked outside to ensure nobody eavesdrops.

"Corner right. North."

"I beg your pardon?"

"North. Corner right." the man enunciated whilst lifting his shirt up to reveal a Saper's shovel that he then apprehensively placed under the bed.

"I'm afraid that is all I can afford to say, your highness. I am right outside. I shall escort you to the hall when you are ready for the meeting. Thank you."

******

"YOU!" an absolutely enraged Lee Taran pointed a finger at Queen San-do who cowered and shrunk in her throne.

They were here, the Lee's. The king and his son, to be specific. What was discerned to be a tranquil discussion for the convicted prince's future was now a mere holding of an indignant king who had come to know about the run away of the prince.

"Lee, I'm aware you must be piqued by the happenings yet it does not hand you the right to be disrespectful to my wife. She has nothing to do with us."

"Except she does, Song-dae. She was the one who persuaded me for presenging the offering, saying how meek, differential and compliant your son is! Oh he shall agree in the blink of an eye, she said. And here he is rebelling against the norms? Eloping?"

The king was admittably taken aback by the revelation. However this was not a time for family disclosures, it was to ensure the Lee does not withdraw his offerings.

"We apologize. Albeit we never foresaw this coming either. We are not aware what may have gotten into him, however he is now being kept at a place where his mind can set back to the right rail."

Clocking with a raised eyebrow king Lee swats away his robe backwards before taking his seat. "It better do because this is no more an alley of kindoms. Any further predicaments from your son will be personal. I perpetually achieve what I aim for, and Taehyung has made me aim for him too much."

"Well, that wasn't particularly intended, yet I'm ecstatic." a deep voice resonated in the hall that had every head snap their undivided attention to the boy who walked in with Lt. Park trailing behind.

The walk that he trudged in had a chill run down everyone's spine. It was slow, but not the timid slow it always has been. It was a masculine observatory kind of slow. Like everyone was here for his services and must wait for him to settle.

A sneer like smirk stretched across half his face while the other, considerably straight, had a cocked eyebrow with an impish twinkle in his eyes. He walked in like a- Stallion.

"Greetings, everyone. I suppose there was a chat about me, yes?" he smiled to everyone and took a seat across the assembly table.

Everyone's jaw dropped to the floor.

In years and years of meetings, discussions or assemblies, not once had Taehyung taken a seat. He would stand coyly with his hands locked in front beside Yoongi or other important pupils of the councils, if at all he was allowed to enter.

"Taehyung! What barbarity are you parading here?"

"Father, I barely greeted everyone respectfully and took a seat. Might you elaborate on the barbarity?"

Hoseok tilted his head in amusement at how much the king resembled a blob fish with his downturned mouth. He wondered why he never saw that similarity before.

Nevertheless the bottom line was- Taehyung indeed did not perform any atrocity. It was just him speaking for the first time that offended the king.

"Now let's discuss the preeminent topic, shall we?" Taehyung elegantly placed his elbows on the table and rested his chin on the interlaced fingers, addressing the guest-king.

"I'm certain you did not come with an intention to discuss, rather with one to announce things. My apologies on stars not aligning in your favor today." Taehyung smiled gently and turned to his father again.

"I am here to make known that I shall only be going forth with this marriage under one condition."

Kim Songdae laughed bitterly before scowling back "Whatever makes you think that you have a right to promulgate your conditions."

"Tsk. Father, oh father.. It shall be a detrimental fate if a castaway prince like me has to remind you of Arauna's precedents, wouldn't it?" Taehyung purposefully sighed loudly whilst drawing circles with a teasing finger on the table top.

"Verse-9, Increment 88- A prince below the first one in power has no say in a decision, judgement or settlement unless asked for one; except for... "

"..Except for a decision about his marriage which by the verdict of Lord, can never be imposed on a royal and shall preceed under his/her conditions."
Widely smiling in pride, Jongha finished the sentence for Taehyung but curbed at a glare from the king.

"Thank you hyung-nim."

"Y-you.. You had already agreed!"

"Oh, had I? Must've slipped my silly-silly mind! Can you, by any chance, show me my handprint on the manuscript?" he blinked at the king innocently.

Hoseok was bewildered how the king simulates so many aquatic animals today when he opens and closes his mouth like a goldfish.

"Hmm. Thought so." Taehyung mumbled observing the speechlessness.

"Just bark out your condition, boy." King Lee snarled. Impatience evident from the bouncing leg, producing and irksome tapping noise that nobody shall point out.

"A one-on-one combat.
A swordsman of your choice who matches me."

Two of the kings and a queen howled out a tearing laughter throwing their heads back. King Lee smacked the table once or twice wiping tears from the corner of his eyes.

However Taehyung never felt so happy, so contended. It was a moment of swelling chest for him, when outnumbering the mockerers, he saw more people with clenched jaws and creased foreheads. He saw more support than he thought he would.

"Oh.. O-oh I haven't had a good laugh in so long." King Lee uttered. It was somehow warm to see how his son didn't even crack a smile at something that had his father clutching his stomach.

"You imbecile! Their is nobody in my kingdom with a caliber as low as you. Men who enter my training school are supposed to know a lot more before their enrollment than you know at twenty years of age!"

"Hm.. Impolite but fair. By 'matching me' I can accommodate that it may be a man trained as much as me. Starting today, one month later. He can be as pre-trained as you wish him to be."

"This is a treaty, boy. I am not going to agree to the precedents of a kingdom half the power of mine."

"I was prepared for you to castigate this idea. So... " Taehyung trailed and turned to look at Lt. Park who understandingly bowed and jaunted towards the small table at the corner that had something covered in a blue cloth.

Lifting it, he walked back and handed it to Taehyung who presented a peculiarly old big book with a smug look on his face.

King Lee's eyes went the size of a planet which had Sehun's curiosity first time take over him "What shall this be, Taehyung-ssi."

"This, Sehun-ssi, is the doctrine of your kingdom, Darata. Only catch here, this is the original edition that was written by your ancestors."

King Lee looked at the prince in disbelief which merely motivated the other to continue.

"I wonder what your imperials and ministers may have to opinionate when they come to know that your respectable late father or former king of Darata along with his son amended the ancestral doctrine that is apparently never to be tempered with, without the consent of your ministers?" Taehyung pouted tapping a finger to his forehead feigning to think deeply.

Sehun and Jongha were both caught off- guard when they caught each other trying to hide a smile.

"You would not!" King Lee muttered, who was now borderline frantic.

"Ofcourse I would not. It is none of my business, provided you follow this- something you stealthily banished from your revised version-"

He smiled as if he had not just single-handedly made two of the most hard-nosed rulers sweat profusely in a matter of minutes; and cautiously turned the pages of the old book.

"Aha! Found it!" pointed at a particular script.
"Cardinal 4 from page 850- once proposed, a treaty shall only be withdrawn or aborted with the consent of the opposing party's attempt at the disagreement."

"Now thinking about it in actuality, opposing party is me, not my father. And I only wish to fight for myself one last time. If I loose, which many in this hall including myself shall vote the plausibility for, I will accept you as my future and never lift a head against you, ever."

"So you are aware of your impending failure and disregarding that are obstinate enough to challenge for a combat?" incredulity was dripping from the once poised man. "You must have lost the last string of your brain, boy."

"Yes, because I go down anyway. However I wouldn't accept that without putting up a last fight for myself. I am a prince afterall."

"You are nothing more than an abomination! You weeped like a girl on the sight of a sword!!" the long forgotten Queen jumped in and Jimin could swear he saw Lt. Dwae reach for his dagger.

"Ugh! Witchy interruption." Taehyung rolled his eyes. Numerous gasps echoed in the hall at the retort.

"TAEHYUNG!!"

"Verse 24, section 6- the order of holding respect in the royal family shall be the order of their arrival to it." dusting something non-existant from his shoulder Taehyung muttered nonchalantly.
"Don't make me reiterate this repeatedly, mother. We all know who joined the royal family first. The second queen or the younger son of the first."

It was getting out of count how many times the former mousy fearful royal had managed to slap back years of blasphemy in just the last half hour.

The now pale queen dragged back her chair in apall and stomped out of the hall.

"Anyway.. Think of it as so, uncle Lee, if you proceed to the idea of a combat, you don't deal me; you win me. Shan't that be another badge in your historic achievements, no?"

That seemed to seal the deal. A power-greedy man shall hanker nothing more than a dish already cooked.

King Lee now not so reluctantly gave his handprint on the manuscript that Taehyung handwrote with charcoal from the dungeon walls used as ink.

After the Lee royals took a leave Taehyung was about to depart too when a roar of his name had him adhering back to his seat.

"How dare you! How dare you think that you will get away with that?" King Kim banged a hand harshly on the table wood.
"A moron who cannot look at a sword wishes to fight a trainee from the biggest training centre? Have you lost your insight?"

"I will train him. One month is not enough yet we can attempt with the best of us." Jongha butted his masculine voice in, bathing in determination. "I'm glad you are fighting for yourself, Tae."

"Thank you hyung-nim! Send a call for me to my luxurious abode." A smile so wide almost every tooth displayed itself when the lips stretched into a box-like shape.

"Have you both gone asinine? You are an irredeemably hopeless lad! You will indubitably cower away halfway, as pathetic you are."

"Just because you hear mewls and purrs you assume it to be a cat. Little do you know that it is also the sound a Cheetah makes before gashing it's prey." Taehyung addressed to no one.

Then he stood up facing the king and smiled. "Again, I'm aware I may loose. Oh I'm certain I will. But I refuse to wave a white flag before putting up a fight this last time!"

"WHY?"

"Because I am mine before I'm anyone else's."

================================

Hello

Thank you for sparing your time.

Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 187K 194
A single stolen picture of Taehyung that circulated in a famous social platform has changed the course of his life. Gone are the peaceful days as Tae...
338K 18.1K 45
Taehyung was a very good person who is always engaged to his studies, going out with his friends at weekend only,then giving respect to his parents...
438K 12.2K 40
"Jungkook, I'm warning you...Don't dare to touch me...! " You half yelled at him. His smirkfull but handsome face right an inch toward you as his ho...
4K 262 9
"we all wears scar, find someone who makes your feel beautiful" and jungkook did, he found the one who never judge him, hate him for his scars. Inst...