The Rockstar's bodyguard { A...

By Unevenfeets

Aaron is a twenty year old who came to Los Angeles for love, and ended up being bled dry by the one woman he... More

Description and note
Chapter 1: The Jeep and the Jailbait {Aaron}
Chapter 2: The J-list campaign { Bethanny }
Chapter 3: The Sister and the Soul { Aaron }
Chapter 4: The Parental Paranoia
Chapter 5: The Debt { Aaron POV }
Chapter 6: The Rugby Challenge { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 7: The Shiner { Aaron POV }
Chapter 8: The Pick Up { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 10: The closure { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 11: The Vegas Zoo { Aaron POV }
Chapter 12: The Pool Party {Bethanny POV}
Chapter 13: The dream and the nightmare. { Aaron POV }
Chapter 14: A dangerous game {Bethanny POV
Chapter 15: Hospital Rooms { Aaron POV }
Chapter 16: The Resolution { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 17 : Playing House { Aaron's POV }
Chapter 18 : The phone thief { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 19: The Insanity { Aaron POV }
Chapter 20: The Gifts { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 21: The Misunderstanding { Aaron POV }
Chapter 22: The Mistaken Trust { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 23: The Broken Bones { Aaron POV }
Chapter 24: The Promises { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 25: The New York Job { Aaron POV }
Chapter 26: Back to Normal {Bethanny POV }
Chapter 27: The Party Crasher { Aaron POV }
Chapter 28 : The Mocha Madness { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 29: The Ho-Down { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 30: Thanksgiving { Aaron POV }
Chapter 31: The Valentine { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 32: The Emails { Aaron POV }
Chapter 33: The Misery Conundrum { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 34: The Depression { Aaron POV }
Chapter 35: The Birthday Party { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 36: The Ride Along { Aaron POV }
Chapter 37: The Last Day { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 38: The Graduation Party { Aaron POV }
Chapter 39 : The Dirty Laundry { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 40: The Skirt in the Station { Aaron POV }
Chapter 41: Moving Forward
Chapter 42: The Wrong Blessing { Aaron POV }
Chapter 43: The Sex Tape Scandal { Bethanny POV }
Chapter 44: The DC Discussion
Chapter 45: The after Party {Bethanny POV}
Chapter 46: The Father and the FBI
Chapter 47: The Departure {Bethanny POV}

Chapter 9: The Covington Boy { Aaron POV }

298 19 6
By Unevenfeets

After two days of listening to Joel's cheesy jokes, watching Bethanny spend way too much time on her computer using her phones WiFi, and glaring down that creep Nolan Porter, we got to Vegas. There were six luxury suites at the hotel we were at, and one was for Bethanny and me. I would sleep in the front room and she'd sleep in the back, giving her privacy. Nolan Porter, unfortunately, would be on the same floor.

Joel and Nolan seemed friendly, which bothered me. I didn't trust him around Beth, but I couldn't prove my suspicions. Also, given how often she flirted with me when we'd first met, I didn't trust she would turn him down if he made a move. Maybe she would, but it made me nervous. Perhaps I was being brotherly, but I felt overly protective of her.

I carried her bags as we checked in. Joel was arguing with the the desk lady.

"But we need all six luxury suites." Joel said.
"We have five," she explained. "We had to give one to a VIP."

"I'm a VIP," Joel said. "And these reservations were set up last year."

"Sorry," the concierge explained. "This VIP has a lot of pull. He's some sort of politician. "

"Oh shit," Beth said, her face turning white.

A group of well dressed people, including an older couple and two teenage boys came in through the front door.

"Is that the Governor of California? " I asked. "I heard that Duke Covington was running for president. I bet he's here for a fundraiser. "

"I need to go," Bethanny said, locking eyes with the older teenage boy. "Now."

I just nodded, not asking questions. I picked up her suitcase and we walked outside. I heard the faint sound of a voice calling out.

"Bethanny!" The voice called.

"Keep walking," she ordered.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Far away from the Covington family," she said, hopping on the bus. I got on and the driver closed the door. I texted Joel to tell him we driving to get some lunch.

As we drove away, I saw the governor's older son in the distance, staring.

"Do you care to explain that?" I asked.

"No," Beth said. "Let's just go away. Buck will disappear again. He always does."

I didn't say a word but just told the bus driver to find us some place with some great chili cheese fries. If I had to guess, I'd bet money that "Buck" was an ex-boyfriend. And whenever Sienna got me down, I needed some cheese smothered fries. I'd feed Beth and then get her to talk.

*

*

*

The fries hit the diner table and Bethanny pushed it away.

"Not hungry," she said.

"Feel like explaining?" I asked.

"All you need to know," Bethanny said. "Is that Buck was apart of my past. He hurt me and it was a dark point in my life. I don't talk about it. My...sister and brother don't even know about it. My parents do, but it's awful."

"So he hurt you somehow," I said. "When? "

"Two years ago," I said. "I'm better now. But I saw him and it all rushed back to me. I had to get away. "

"Ok. So we'll avoid him. I can protect you from whatever you want Bethanny. That includes jerk named Buck."

"Aren't you curious what happened?"

"Do you want to share?"

She shook her head.

"Then I'm not curious."

She picked up a fry and frowned at it like it was diseased or something.

"So what should we discuss? " she asked.

"You know what I really want to know," I asked with my brows raised.

"What? " She asked hesitantly.

"How many people have you maimed on the soccer field? Twenty, thirty, or have you lost count?"

"Aaron," she said with an eyeroll.

"Have you killed anyone to win a game?"

"Stop! You're ridiculous! "

"Ridiculously handsome," I smirked.

She just shook her head and ate a fry. Sure I was being weird, but she was smiling again. And that felt like a small accomplishment.

*

*

*

When we got back, the room situation was settled. The Covington family had the entire sixth floor and the tour took the fifth floor. I guess potential presidents ranked higher than rock stars.

We walked up to the room, and I kept my eyes peeled. What was I more afraid of, some crazed stalker from Joel's past or Bethanny's punk ass ex-boyfriend? She let her shoulders sink when she saw Joel outside of her door, arms crossed.

"Bethanny, " Joel said. "Where did you two run off to?"

"We got lunch," she said. "I had to get away from the Covingtons. I can't see Buck dad. I just can't. "

"Bethanny, I have no desire for you to spend time with that boy," Joel said. "But you can't just run off without telling us. Even though you took Aaron, you can't be so reckless. In addition to death threats, there are also paparazzi and fans to worry about. You can't just bolt and take off in an unknown city."

I just silently watched this inreraction, trying to be neautral.

"Dad, it's fine," she said. "I won't do it again. But look, I'm in one piece and I even had a healthy lunch."

"You're lying," Joel said. "I can always tell when you lie, babygirl."

"Fine. I had an unhealthy lunch, but it was delicious. "

"Ok," Joel said. "Go see your mother. She wants you to call Dr. Brivio."

"But dad...."

"No buts Bethanny! I refuse to see you backslide. You're doing so well now, and you see that kid for five seconds and you're running away."

"I'll never have to see him again," Beth said.

"Unless his dad runs for president, " Joel said. "Then he will be on television and in newspapers. If Blake's history is any lesson, they might even develop an interest in you too, and your past with the boy."

"I'll just one of the many," Bethanny said sullenly. "I'm not even a blip on his radar."

"Go. Call. Dr. Brivio." Joel ordered.

She huffed and went to her mother's room, knocking loudly. I didn't know what to think. I knew Bethanny was a bit naive with men, which was normal for her age. But why did she care so much about this kids opinion? She was fiesty, strong, and independent. If I was totally honest, she could probably kick my ass if I was having a bad day. So why was she turning into this sullen, emotional girl who ran away? I didn't like it at all.

Beth went inside and slammed the door behind her.

"We need to talk, " Joel said.

"Sorry she took off. I just wanted to make sure she was safe."

"You did well," Joel said. "And I have a second job for you."

"Anything, " I said.

"This kid, Buck Covington, he is toxic for my daughter. The last time he was in her life, she had to change schools because she spiraled into a very dark place."

"She mentioned something like that. She didn't want to talk about it."

"Well," Joel said. "I'm telling you some things in confidence. Obviously, this information is private."

I nodded. I didn't want to betray Bethanny's trust by hearing the story, but I worked for Joel. If Joel wanted me to know, maybe it mattered.

"The Covington family was close to ours," Joel explained. "We've donated to their campaign, I've played for events for Duke. Bethanny and Buck have known each other for decades. They were best friends from the moment they met at sandbox, you know."

I nodded.

"So when Bethanny and Buck started dating in eighth grade, we were thrilled. Yes she was young, but we loved Buck. We trusted him. Bethanny trusted him."

I just kept listening as Joel continued.

"So they dated and it was fine. Duke ran for governor. Bethanny knew that if duke won, Buck would leave for Sacramento. We discussed how they could stay in touch since he meant so much to her: skype, daily phone calls, and the Covington family was willing to let her visit every so often. Duke even joked about giving Beth an internship because she was so smart she could help run the state."

I laughed. The girl was pretty smart, mostly smart mouthed, but still.

"When Duke won, and Buck changed. He didn't break up with Bethanny but he was distant. She almost broke up with him, but then they didn't. I didn't understand it. Later I was told Bethanny didn't want to break it off even though he was cold to her because Buck was her first time. I didn't want to know that about my daughter, but it helps explain what happened next."

"What happened, " I asked.

"The Covingtons moved away. Bethanny missed her boyfriend. So she did something reckless. Even though she just had a learners permit, she stole our car and drove to Sacramento. When she got there, Buck's parents weren't home. The youngest son, Dallas, let Bethanny in to see Buck. She went to knock on his door, and her boyfriend wasn't alone. There was another girl in bed with him."

"Oh shit," I said. "I'll kill him. What room is Duke's? "

"Calm down, " Joel said. "I felt that way too. But the story doesn't end there."

"Ok..."

"They broke up," Joel said. "Beth came back, but she seemed different. She stopped eating regularly, she didn't sleep at night most nights. She was physically I'll often. She quit studying. She quit going to soccer practice. She was a ghost. My strong, fierce little girl was just broken. Then I guess she started to act out, I don't know why. She started sneaking out, partying."

"Did she do drugs?" I asked, swallowing hard.

"Thank god, no," Joel said. "But she was very self destructive. She started behaving provocatively, and she slept with guys form her school. A lot. I don't know the number, but it got to the point where we were in the principals office because Bethanny was having sex at school."

"Oh no," I said. This didn't sound like Beth.

"The last straw was when she was expelled for sexually harassing her math teacher," Joel said, crying a bit when he talked about it. "Again, this is private stuff. Blake doesn't even know about Beth's troubles, and Bryan only knows bits and pieces."

"So what did you guys do?"

"We sent her to a rehab center," Joel said. "Sure, she didn't have anorexia or an addiction. But clearly the emotional trauma of loosing Buck made her snap, and all of her boundaries faded. So we thought, why not? We told her siblings she was going to soccer camp. We enrolled all three in a new school. We blamed it on security. Besides, Blake's friend Miranda went there so the kids didn't mind the switch."

"So this rehab," I asked. "Obviously it worked."

"Yeah. Three months of therapy and escaping her life and she seemed better. She was eating. She didn't want to hurt herself, literally or by sleeping around. My little girl got better. She still sees Dr. Brivio weekly and we call when...when things happen. A year ago if she saw Buck, she might have crumbled and reverted back to her problem days."

"She's strong though," I said.

"Yeah," Joel said. "But I don't want Buck aroumd. He's tried to call, to apologize over the years. We haven't filed for a restraining order because it'd ruin the Covingtons political image. But my daughter comes first. That kid broke her once; he doesn't get a second chance."

"Understood. "

"If you see him," Joel said. "Keep him away. Put the fear of God into him."

"I will," I said. "Joel, I know this is a job. But your family, they've helped me lately. Where I'm from, if someone saves your life, they become your family. I'll protect Bethanny like I would one of my own sisters. I'll do everything short of breaking his bones to keep him away."

"Thanks." Joel said. "And this conversation..."

"Never happened," I said.

Joel just smiled, because we were clearly on the same wavelength.

*

*

*

Since Bethanny was with her parents, I felt safe to peruse the hotel. I knew from my training I had a few things to do as her bodygaurd: talk to the hotel staff about security, do regular walk around the perimeter to scan for unusual activity, check to make sure the entryways and exits were secure. There was only one way to the fifth floor, with a key to the elevator. It wasn't full proof bug it was mostly secure. I also found out that the hotel had its own security. So I talked to them and gave them Bethanny's picture, and Britney's most recent photograph.

"I wouldn't worry about security this week though," the concierge said. "The Covington family has this place on lock down like fort knox. They are the only other occupants other than your bosses crew. We have three empty floors, all rented by the Covington family."
Well shit. These people had serious cash.

"Is there anyway to ensure Buck Covington doesn't go onto the fifth floor?" I asked.

"Well, since his family has rented the entire hotel for the week, no. We don't normally tell our occupants what to do. If he wishes to visit someone on that floor, such as your client, we can't forbid it."

I sighed. I turned around to see a man in a suit, watching me. Clearly he had been listening.

"Excuse me, " I said.

"Excuse me," he said. "I'm the cheif of the Covington security team. So why don't you want their son on the fifth floor?"

"Well," I said awkwardly. "I am Aaron Amdrews, Bethanny Mcnarie 's bodygaurd. Her father doesn't want Buck near her, given their history."

"History?" The large man asked.

"Look, " I said. "Let's just say it's my job to protect this girl. If you want a drama free weekend, keep him away from my client."

"Or what? "

"Or..." I said. "Let's just say I used to work for a major news publication. I don't Duke Covington wants his official announcement to be overshadowed by tabloids discussion his sons lovelife. Just imagine the headlines, governor's son stalking Rockstar's daughter. I can't imagine that's the behavior expected of a potential member of the first family."

"You wouldn't do that," the guy shrugged. "It'd upset your client."

"Lets just say I don't have a lot of limits of what I wouldn't do to protect her. So if you want to avoid conflict, keep the little jerk off the fifth floor."

"Fine," he aaid, holding up his hands. "But I have one more thing to say."

"What?" I barked out a little harsher than I intended.

The man rolled his eyes and handed me a card from his pocket.

"If you ever need a job," he said. "Call me. I like you. You're half my size but you have balls. I also like how invested you are in your client. My numbers there, and my firm is good. We work mostly with politicians though, so it might be less glamorous than what you're used to."

Should I tell him I'm used to working in a diner, and this is my first job ever?

"Thanks," I said. I handed him my card, which I'd made on my neighbors computer. She was ninety so all my business cards smelled like old perfume. Very manly. "If you need any help, just call."

He nodded before he went on his way. I felt a bit victorious, since I had successfully kept Buck away. One problem solved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.5K 51
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
54.5K 2.5K 18
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
235K 7.5K 167
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...