Chapter 22: The Mistaken Trust { Bethanny POV }

*authors note*
So this chapter is a bit heavy. I want to post a warning bc this is the kind of stuff that gets people angry, traumatized, and hurt. So I'm posting a warning which I feel is nessecary, bit it contains a spoiler.

This chapter contains graphic violence and touches on rape. I'm writing it because it's very cathartic for me as a once victim and because it is important to the plot and baths development.  I don't write things like this for the shock factor. I don't want to offend anyone or glorify the the subject.

But given all of the recent news about college campuses dealing with sexual assault and people like politicians claiming women want to be assualted, I feel the need to discuss things like this. My stories are my voice, but I speak from experience as honestly as I can.

If you are offended or sqeamish, fill free to skip this chapter or glaze over the rocky parts. It's important but you can catch up without seeing every detail. 

I hope you do read it, and feel empowered by Bethanny's experiences as she goes through a similar journey to my own. This story is a little darker and heavier, but I promise it will all work out. 

So without further ado, here is the chapter.
*end note*

Aaron left, leaving me feeling cold and alone. Not to mention rejected. His words echoed in my head like a recurring nightmare.

I'm not interested. This can't happen.

Why did I think he liked me? This whole time I assumed he was attracted to me. But I'd thrown myself at him, naked and begging. I'd gotten a cold 'no thank you.' At least I knew where we stood. He'd been crystal fucking clear.

He probably saw me as a little sister. I was an idiot.

            I pulled out my phone and wiped my tears away. I needed to talk to someone. Mel? I called and she didn't answer. It went straight to voice mail; she probably forgot to change her phone. I couldn't call mom, Beth, or Bryan without my dad finding out, probably. And my soccer girls would think I was slutty for doing this at all. I needed someone who would never judge me, who would just listen.

What about Nolan Porter?

             I'd promised Aaron I wouldn't talk to him, but Aaron was gone. And frankly I was a little pissed at him. So I pulled out my phone, hands shaking as I dialed.

"Hey Beth!" He said into the phone. "I missed seeing you backstage. Where were you tonight? "

"I ummm..." I stammered. "I was in my room. Nolan, I did something stupid and I really need a friend. I just... I'm feeling so stupid right now? "

"What happened? " he asked. "Are you safe?"

               "Yeah," I said. "Remember how you joked about me trying to seduce Aaron? "

"Vaguely," he said.

"Well I tried and failed. And now I feel like shit. God, please don't tell anyone. "