Let's Love Tonight

By fallingheartsxx

BOOK 2 of the Let's Hurt Tonight series. More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Author's Note

9

12.9K 290 84
By fallingheartsxx

Amelia

My eyelids slowly flutter open, adjusting to the light seeping in the room. It takes me a second to place where I am. I shift slightly, feeling myself being pressed up against Harry's chest with his arm tightly around my waist. I tilt my head up to see his face and find him still sleeping. His eyes are closed and his mouth hangs open slightly, small snores escaping his lips.

Harry is breathtakingly beautiful. He always has been and it amazes me how someone as perfect as him could even like me. His skin is perfectly smooth, leading me to believe he shaved either yesterday or the day before. His eyelashes are incredibly thick and long. His lips are pink and plump. He's exquisite.

But even more than his physical features, he is stunning on the inside. He's kindhearted and beyond soft. He's addicted to physical touch and he absolutely loves cuddling. He loves to read. He likes to make lists so he keeps himself organized. He loves the morning because he enjoys watching the world wake up.

Harry makes me so incredibly happy. I didn't think it was even possible to love this much but here I am, wrapped up in my boyfriends arms while my little siblings sleep around us. Emma and Mikey are sound asleep next to me, but Charlie and James are curled up into Harry's side, with his arm lazily slung over them.

I've never been more in love than in this moment.

I feel myself tearing up from emotions but I force them down. I hate crying. I rarely do it, especially because of happiness. But I just can't help it. In this moment all I feel is pure joy.

I shift slightly, nuzzling closer into Harry's side. He sleepily sighs and grips my waist tighter. I can't help but giggle at his movements, knowing that even in his sleep he still wants to be close to me.

I plant a kiss onto Harry's chest before carefully trying to slip out of his grip. My movements must not be subtle enough though because Harry pulls me closer to him just as I thought I made my escape. He nuzzles his face into my neck, exhaling softly onto my skin before planting two small kisses.

"Good morning, sweetheart," he whispers, raspily.

I turn completely on my side so I can face him. His eyes are barely open from still being tired and he smiles at me, softly.

"Good morning, Harry," I whisper back. "Why don't you go back to sleep? You look exhausted,"

He must be jet lagged beyond belief. I wouldn't be surprised if he got little to no sleep the night he arrived in New York.

"Mmmmm will you stay?" he asks, his eyelids fluttering shut.

"I need to use the bathroom," I laugh.

Plus it is extremely stuffy in here from six people sharing a blanket fort.

"But Ameliaaaa," he whines, drawing out my name.

I bite my lip at his childish behavior. He's adorable.

"Harry I love you, but I need to pee,"

Harry mumbles a quick "I love you more" but it is followed by incoherent muttering as he falls back asleep. I can't help but smile as I finally break from his grip and exit the fort.

I breathe a breath of fresh air as soon as I step out. The fort was a good idea last night and possibly for two people it would have been okay, but it was way too small for the six of us. I wasn't expecting all my siblings to join, let alone spend the night with us. We wound up putting a movie on last night but before we knew it we were all passed out from exhaustion.

I quickly use the bathroom and then pad downstairs where my mom and dad are in the kitchen. Dad looks up at me from his newspaper, his reading glasses perched on his nose.

"Look who's up," he snickers.

He places the newspaper down on the table while I take a seat next to him. My eyes glance to the stove clock and see it's just after 10 in the morning. It's not terribly late, but also not early either.

"Long day yesterday," I mutter.

Mom comes around from the counter and sits across from me with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Oh I'm sure, sweetie. Did you sleep okay?" she asks.

I nod, a blush seeping on my face.

"I did, yeah," I respond.

"That was a hell of a fort you have there," Dad tells me. "I peeked in your room to see where the kids were after we couldn't find them. I figured they snuck in with you and was met with a pleasant surprise,"

"Yeah," I say, awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. "Harry actually wound up staying in there too. We were just going to watch movie but we all passed out,"

I always feel awkward talking about sleeping in the same room as Harry with my parents. I know they don't really care - after all Harry and I have spent a lot of alone time together, especially in California and England. But I always tried to keep that part of my life private. Mom would sometimes make comments about me sleeping in a separate room and she even told Harry to stay in our guest room. I know she's not oblivious to the fact we've slept together, but I think she's still holding onto a shred of hope that I'll still be her innocent daughter.

"With the kids?" Dad asks, a surprised look on his face. "God bless him,"

"They love him, Todd," Mom interjects.

"But does he love them? They're handful, that bunch. Maybe not Emma but the boys are goblins,"

I snicker, being unable to disagree. The boys definitely are something else. One minute they're all peaceful and the next they're wrestling each other due to some stupid fight they got into.

"He loves them, Dad," I tell him.

"Amelia?" Mom asks, causing me to turn my head to look at her. She grips the coffee mug tightly in her hands, causing her knuckles to turn white. "Do you think he's the one?"

I furrow my eyebrows.

"Wh-" I go to say, but then it hits me. I grow flustered even thinking about what she's implying. I just got Harry back in my life as my boyfriend but I am nowhere near ready to discuss marriage of all things. "I - I don't know," I frantically respond.

"Leave her be, Kelly. She's twenty two for God's sake," Dad half-laughs, although I see his protective side jumping out.

"I'm just asking a question. You know I ask this every time you date someone," Mom says to me.

"I know, but I haven't thought about it," I answer. Yes I've thought about having a future with Harry but marriage has seldom crossed my mind. "But - uh - Harry did ask me to move in with him," I blurt out quietly.

Mom's eyes widen dramatically and Dad takes off his glasses, rubbing his eyes with his fingers.

"I'm sorry, what?" he asks.

I smile awkwardly.

"I didn't say yes or no," I tell them. "I wanted to think about it,"

"You're considering it?" Dad asks, sternly. "You've only been dating since - what - December?"

"Yes, but we've known each other since September -"

"That's still only seven months, Amelia. That's not a lot of time. Your mom and I didn't move in with each other until we were engaged and at that point we were dating for a couple years,"

I sigh. I shouldn't have said anything. I knew Dad would react this way. He's always been protective of me. So has mom but it's always been Dad's job to reprimand me or keep me in line.

"Sweetie, I don't know. I agree with Dad that maybe it's a little soon," Mom tells me.

I find myself a little upset that they aren't jumping on the idea. I mean, did I expect them too though? Not necessarily. But maybe I was considering it more than I thought I was and that's why I feel so let down.

The idea of living with Harry is both exhilarating and terrifying. I love the idea of having our own home together but I also fear that if things go south, it will be horribly awkward. I don't necessarily picture us breaking up but the fear is natural with taking the step to move in together. It's a lot.

"I really love him, you know?" I say, quietly. I fiddle with my fingers on the table. "I know I haven't known him long but I know who he is. He's kind and gentle and he wouldn't hurt me,"

"We know that, dear," Mom says with a sad smile on her face. "After everything he told us recently we know he wouldn't intentionally hurt you. He loves you too, Amelia,"

I smile slightly. I know she's trying to lighten my mood but it doesn't help. Maybe I'm overly emotional right now or just being dramatic. I'm not upset, but subconsciously I just wish they supported me more although I guess they can't really support me if they don't know what it is I want to do. I don't even know what it is I want to do.

"I'm going to go see if he's awake," I mumble, standing up from the table.

"Amelia," Dad says, making me halt in my tracks and look at him. "Just think about it is all we're saying. We'll be here with whatever you decide,"

My lips upturn.

"Thanks, Dad," I tell him.

I turn around and make the trek back upstairs. I shouldn't have talked to my parents. I don't feel any better from my nerves creeping up on me. I know the moving in with Harry is between him and I but their opinion still matters to me. I suppose it helps knowing that Dad told me they will support me no matter what but I need guidance and I'm afraid if I press for it further they'll only give me the opposite of what I really want.

I suppose I really do want to move into Harry. I would love to wake up to small kisses from him and fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat. We could cook together and decorate the place to suit both of us. I can just imagine him sitting at a piano in the corner of the apartment, playing softly while I read a book across the room. It's so domestic and tranquil.

I run into Emma while I'm lost in my thoughts, her body colliding with mine.

"I'm so sorry," I tell her.

She yawns.

"I'm sorry too," she tells me. "I barely even saw you there,"

I laugh.

"Touché. Are the boys still in there?" I ask, gesturing to my room.

She nods, a smirk forming on her face.

"Oh they're in there all right," she says.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"Go in and see for yourself. It's quite cute if I say so myself,"

I eagerly walk away from my sister and into my room. Squatting down slightly, I peel back one of the blankets and my heart nearly melts at the sight. Harry lays on his back like when I left him, but now all three boys are curled up with him. Charlie now lays across his stomach and James and Mikey have found their way under his arms. I don't even know how this position happened, if it was intentional or not, but it's absolutely adorable.

I sigh, not wanting to wake them up. I know my brothers will probably be up soon enough but I want to let Harry sleep. It's clear he's exhausted so I opt not to disturb him right now. But what I do do is crawl slightly into the fort to grab my phone that rests on the floor. I open up my camera app and carefully snap a picture of Harry all cuddled up with my siblings. I have no intentions of sharing with anyone, but I want something to remember this moment and how he made me swoon just by loving my family as much as he loves me.

...

Bro the Watermelon Sugar music video comes out tomorrow and I'm hyped

ALSO my temptation got the best of me and I looked into buying that candle that supposedly smells like Harry. The candle was out of stock BUT they had an oil diffuser in the same scent and I bought it lmaooo it got to my house today and honestly it smells really good. It reminds me of fall and pumpkins

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

721K 23.3K 86
And if you let go, I'll float towards the sun, I'm stronger 'cause you fill me up. But when the fear comes, And I drift towards the ground, I am luck...
377K 23.8K 58
**Karma always has a way of biting you in the ass** Deception, manipulation and lies ruined the high school romance between a popular and tries-too-h...
13.3K 887 30
Shridha and Rudra happen to come across each other through their parents. Shridha Saxena, a 22 year old girl who committed herself to the finance wor...
42.5K 1K 39
Harry Styles is losing it. His job kills him from the inside out. His girlfriend is the most stubborn woman he's ever known to exist. His father is...