Mate Massacres

By SianaghGallagher

(BOOK 1 - Mate Series) A merciless Alpha, notorious for hunting the mates of his enemies, uses loneliness to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82

Chapter 78

44.6K 2.8K 1.1K
By SianaghGallagher

Krey bounded to Pip after an hour of asserting dominance on the field. Pip was happy to greet the wolf who tried to give him another wolf kiss. Pip dodged his tongue with a grin. He scratched Krey's head as he sat, panting after an hour of constant exercise.

Makena gazed at his wolf almost longingly, remembering what it was like to have her wolf, and her mate always by her side.

"It's getting late. I'll have Francis bring you up a warm drink and a hot water bottle, Pip." Makena watched Krey carefully as he stared at Mark cuddling into Victoria's wolf. Krey could be arrogant at times, especially in his wolf form.

"That's really thoughtful of you, M-Makena." Pip almost forgot her name. For the past ten minutes, he had been suffering in silence. The cold had gotten to his bones. Pip shivered uncontrollably and was sure the entire pack had heard his teeth chattering.

Being inside the building wasn't much warmer, but Pip was shielding from the wind and his skin was grateful.

Krey walked with him in his wolf form and shifted when they reached the bedroom. He was hot and sweaty while Pip was cold and shivering. "Get under the duvet," he demanded, accidentally using his Alpha voice.

Pip was already halfway onto the bed, not needing to be told twice.

Krey turned on the shower and Pip pursed his lips, sinking down on the bed until the duvet touched his chin. Pip wondered when they would get a bathroom door while Krey, once again, didn't care about his lack of clothes.

Krey wandered into the room when he was done washing, rubbing his hair with a towel, and casually looking through his drawers for some pyjamas.

Pip watched him, clearly flustered. Krey's skin was smooth, with the occasional small mole across his back, and one on his chest. He had a few scars from years of scrapping with other wolves, and a great body from years of running and training. Muscles moved sleekly under his skin, even from the slightest movement.

Krey felt him watching. Just like on the field, Pip's eyes rarely left his wolf. Being watched by a mate was exhilarating. Krey wanted to show off all the time, draw his attention all the time, and find things that entertained Pip. Krey even felt jealous when Pip sometimes talked with his mother on the bench.

He turned when he found some black pyjama bottoms. Pip was staring at his body with glassy eyes and very pink cheeks. He gripped the duvet by his chin, chewing his bottom lip and deepening his dimples.

Krey tilted his head with a smirk. "I sleep naked sometimes."

Pip pulled the duvet over his head and curled awkwardly into a ball.

The corners of Krey's lips twitched with amusement. Instead of putting his pyjamas on, he climbed on the bed and laid next to him, waiting for him to resurface.

Pip surface for fresh air, thinking Krey was wearing trousers. He slapped a hand over his eyes immediately at the first sight of him.

Krey reached over to pull his hand away. It took some persuasion, but a crimson-faced Pip soon peeked from behind his fingers.

Krey studied him carefully. If Pip was uncomfortable, he would put his pyjamas on in an instant. Judging by the size of Pip's pupils, and the hint of a smile on his lips, Krey knew he was more embarrassed.

"Don't you sleep naked sometimes?" Krey tried not to think about it, knowing his mind would fall too deep.

Pip shook his head. "What if something happens in the night and you have to leave in a hurry, but you forgot you're not wearing anything?"

"Then everyone will see me naked." Krey shrugged. "I get that you're a little shy, but I saw you earlier. You have nothing to be embarrassed about."

"N-No?"

"Nothing at all." Krey reached over and tugged on one of the multiple layers Pip still wore. "I liked what I saw. A lot."

Pip detected a tinge of pink on Krey's cheeks. He's flustered again. Pip pretended like he hadn't noticed. "I-I like my body, but I'm not used to other people seeing it."

"I understand." Krey still eyed him like he could see under his clothes. "I'll find a door for the bathroom tomorrow."

"Where would you find a door?"

Krey shrugged again. "I'll steal my mums." He finally put some trousers on when Pip shivered. Krey would have curled up against him naked. They were moving closer to that level of comfort, but Pip's poor cheeks couldn't take more heat.

When Krey was under the covers, Pip latched onto his warm body. His fingers were like ice. Their legs intertwined, locking their bodies together. Krey was getting used to holding someone tightly before falling asleep. He could no longer picture an empty bed at night, and his thoughts lingered to his mother.

Amidst his grief, he had forgotten to think about how her days had changed too. Now that Krey had Pip, he realised how lonely her life had grown to be. "I think I'll look in my dad's office tomorrow." Krey would usually keep those thoughts to himself. The longer he was with Pip, the more he wanted to share the thoughts that were heavy with emotion.

"Will you look with your mum?" Pip asked with his head against Krey's bare chest. His skin was hot against the side of his face.

"Yes."

Pip listened as Krey's heart quickened. "And you haven't been there since... um-"

"Since he died. No. I'm kinda- I feel weird about it," he mumbled. "I avoid that corridor because I can't stand to see his name on the door." Krey frowned, not expecting to talk about that. He wasn't used to sharing how he felt.

"It might be good for you and your mum to take the time to remember him."

Krey gulped back a sudden pang of sorrow. He held Pip tighter against him, using his comfort as a strength to tackle his sadness.

* * * * *

Krey hovered behind his mother as she held the key to Roden's office tightly in her grip. Her knuckled whitened, her breath was weary, her mouth was dry. Standing outside her mate's office was too much. She couldn't bring herself to open the door.

"I'll do it," Krey said impatiently, worried that they'd both change their minds if they took too long. He had waited until after lunch to find his mother. Pip had given him all the encouragement he needed to finally reach approach the void that was his father's office.

Krey took the key and shoved it into the lock. He held his breath and turned it. The door clicked, and his hand hovered above the brass handle. Krey inhaled calmly. He felt the tension flowing from his mother.

The door had trapped so much pain inside, but Krey inhaled another breath, and pushed the door open.

His mother fell to her knees.

Makena covered her mouth with a trembling hand. Sudden tears filled her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

Krey crouched by her side and tried helping her back to her feet. "I know," he said when she failed to form words. "It smells like him."

Krey admired her strength. She was dragging herself through each day just for him. Without a mate she was hollow. Krey was the only strength Makena had left to get out of bed each morning.

"I never- I-" Makena, with the help of her son, stood up and edged towards the room. "His clothes were starting to lose that smell. My poor Roden." There was a stain on the worn peach carpet where he died and werewolves had tried to clean it up.

Krey and Makena stood in the doorway, looking around the room. The blinds were still drawn up wonky, just the way Roden liked it to avoid the sun shining on his papers. An empty mug of what would have been black coffee still sat on top of books. The chair Krey had sat in that dreadful night still rested in the same place. The desk had mounds of papers stacked all around it. Roden struggled with computers. He liked putting paper to pen. He liked drawing maps and pinning things to his walls.

Krey entered first, leaving his mother to clutch the doorway. The atmosphere in the room was heavy on his heart. Krey breathed as though his breath would disturb too much. He moved carefully to a picture on the wall and unpinned it.

The picture was small and at least ten years old. His parents stood at the front with their pack all around them. Nine-year-old Krey sulked on the floor by his father's feet. If only I knew he would die so soon. All those years- fucking wasted. Krey shoved the picture into his pocket.

Makena then braved a step. She almost tumbled but Krey moved swiftly to her side. She linked an arm with his, and he took her to the desk. Makena slowly lowered herself into Roden's leather chair. "I used to greet him in this spot when he got back from his meetings." She wiped the tears from her eyes and pulled her long grey hair into a bun. "The smile he would give me when he opened that door." She closed her eyes, gripping the desk. "I can see it as if he were standing there right now."

Everywhere Krey looked, old memories formed. Opening the door to his dad's office had set him free in a painful sort of way. Krey was already feeling lighter, but on the verge of tears. The memories hurt like a million pins pressing against his heart. Deep down, Krey was thankful to remember him in such a glorious light. His father had been his hero without Krey even knowing it. He hoped that one day, he could make his father proud.

No, Krey thought with a sudden look of triumph. He turned back towards the desk where his father had spent endless nights. Krey wanted to make new memories in honour of his dad's hard work. Krey could not fail now, not when his father's pack needed him for survival.

"I will make him proud," he said aloud, clashing eyes with his devastated mother. "I will."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 353K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
1M 47.7K 40
Book Two in The Mate Series Sven never understood why he loved his Papa so much. He didn't understand why other kids thought he was weird for simply...
3.8M 158K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...
211K 6.9K 40
Alexi is your average high school junior. He gets good enough grades, he has an amazing best friend, and his family is super caring. But, there is a...