MARKS. baji keisuke

By keisukyu

── MARKS ‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍to bind two souls, a mark is linked to chain them; the tittle-tattle of people to... More

MARKS.
PLAYLiST
OO1
OO2
OO3
OO4
OO5
OO6
OO8
OO9
O1O
O11
O12
O13
O14 - ending
OO1 - special chap

OO7

12.5K 738 930
By keisukyu

AUTHOR

‍ ‍ out of frustration, you raked a finger through a strands of your hair. the injuries are still quite new and are heavily marked on your skin, leaving a strong purple tint on the surrounding of your flesh. your shirt was uncomfortable to touch because of the blood that is lingering around the edge of your lips and the perspiration that is dripping down to your figure. already, your breast area's skin had already started to darken and showed some red undertones. even if all you want to do is get into bed and spend the entire night asleep, you were unable to force yourself into giving in. it's already been a minute since baji's match concluded, this is not going to end well for you. being hospitalized is the last place you wanted to end up to.

"shit," you groaned after the alcohol made contact with your skin, hands are trembling as you applied the bandage on your nose. there was no way your body would be able to withstand the heat for much longer as you began to mop up the blood that was all over the room from earlier coming out your mouth. the severe agony throughout your entire body won't go away, and you can't even move properly because of the dreadful scent of iron that filled your nose. everything hurts when you moved, feeling like it will become numb in an hour. no matter how hard you tried, your hands continued to tremble. you were unable to watch baji's match because you were too exhausted but emma contacted you to inform you that he won. in all honesty, you were there but departed before the game began.

‍ ‍ "y/n, can you help me with the-" the door swung opened as you screamed at the voice, suddenly throwing the first aid kit at the floor. your hands came up to grab the kit but failed miserably, spilling its contents across the carpeted floor and for a few seconds, silence lingered through the whole room before sounds of footsteps alerted you that he was coming closer. with that, the black-haired male who stood on your door frame closed his mouth before the silence became too loud once again, even sounds of pin drop could be heart. he doesn't have the usual grin on, in fact, he looked almost hesitant.

‍ ‍ panicking, you were quick to avoid baji's eyes but you were sure he had already seen enough. "don't you know how to knock?"

‍ gosh, how cliché could this get?

‍ ‍ "look at me," baji grabbed your wrist, pulling it away from your face as soon as he got closer. his gaze trailing slowly following the bruises on your face with your heart dropping on your stomach. the male's expression were almost nervous or apathetic to what he has found out, but he also couldn't keep his eyes off the bruises on your skin. you had the same bruises as him, same places and same colors but the difference between you two is; you didn't got it from a fight. baji's hands slowly rose up, biting his hands to see if his suspicion was right. in the end, he looked up to meet your eyes, golden eyes were filled with worriedness and guilt showing through.

it wasn't that long before a bite mark showed up from your hands too, and you could feel your heart beating wildly inside your chest. the two of you had matching bruises, both had marks that showed no signs of love, just a symbol of pain— just plain bruises. a mixed of purple, red and yellow was visible on your arms, face too. it made the black-haired male feel bad, he knew that this was no coincidence. you looked down, unable to look into the other's golden eyes anymore. there was something about his expression that made you feel uneasy. disappointed? worriedness? guilt? whatever it was, you didn't like the way he kept glancing at you every now and then.

‍ ‍ "i, uh- i'm fine, just got in a fight with chifuyu's cat."

‍ ‍ "i can't believe this." baji sighed, leaning down as he rested his forehead against yours. "why didn't you told me? do you not trust me?"

‍ ‍ "are you mad?" you mumbled under your breath, loosening your tight grip on his shirt.

‍ ‍ mad is the wrong word to describe how he looks right now. baji was smirking, showing off his canine teeth as his eyes darted on your lips-- not a trace of malice in it but something about it made your heart to hammer in your chest. you were frozen in place and felt like you couldn't move an inch, let alone speak. he had been waiting for this opportunity to happen since the day you met him. after all, he couldn't help it, you were the perfect match for him.

‍ ‍ he chuckled, tucking the strand of your hair that was blocking your view behind your ears with a smile. "why would i? soulmates... are supposed to love each other."

‍ ‍ "y/n, have you seen..." your head snapped in the direction where the voice came from, there stood up a wide-eyed chifuyu. "i'm sorry! i should have knocked!" the blonde shouted, shutting the door closed immediately.

‍ ‍ both you and baji snapped your heads to look at each other with a shock expression written on your faces, bright red flushing on both of your faces and rushed out of the room after realizing how chifuyu probably misunderstood everything that he witnessed. there wasn't anything wrong about being close to each other, but it seemed like it did. did it?

‍ ‍ "was baji's kiss good?" your thoughts were cut shot after hearing emma's voice ran through your ears, almost tripping yourself on the road.

‍ ‍ "what?"

‍ ‍ "chifuyu told us that he saw baji kissing you last night." hina spoke, a sound of screams following after.

‍ ‍ that snitch! "no, we didn't! don't believe that guy!"

‍ ‍ ‍ the underground location if off-limits to visitors from one in the morning to five in the afternoon unless they are boxers or have permission to enter. however, this time, you needed to find the bag that you had left earlier after supporting takemichi from the match— so, you reasoned that it would be safe to enter clandestinely to find the bag that you had left after supporting takemichi in a match. you struggled to recall where you had left your bag as you continued to walk inside and were met with an empty building. the location was large and resembled a sports stadium more than an underground boxing place. the moonlight glittering in the sky keeps it from being too black, despite the fact that it is pitch-black yet not too dark. you had to keep moving even though you were on the verge of passing out, while staring down at your phone to prevent yourself from being lost in the dim passageways.

it was very much dangerous to do so, to sneak inside but, you couldn't care less. nothing; the place is deserted. it's not like you wanted to come here, after all, this underground boxing place was far from your workplace. additionally, calling baji to have him pick up your bag would interfere his day off too. your heart began to sink as you heard a loud thump on the other side of the ring, forcing you to blink out of your reverie. as you gently looked around for another intruder— if that counts because you are one too— or a staff, your hands reflexively lifted towards your head.

‍ ‍ "ow!" you shouted, almost sending you down to the ground when you bumped into something hard.

‍ ‍ you looked up after seeing a familiar silhouette. who, in fact, was him. his gaze never left your physique, and you pondered what could possibly happen while your heart was beating rapidly. "keisuke? what are you doing here at this hour?" it was almost unsettling that he was a little embarrassed for being caught by you, it was a little flattering, you had to admit.

‍ ‍ "i spotted you sneaking out earlier. seriously, is sneaking your thing? i didn't even know you had some guts to come here." he said, patting your head and let out a small hum. with his black hair tied up but unkempt and little strands of his hair sticking out, he looked like he have just woken up from his slumber and a small purple bruise on his cheekbone, which you also had one. baji's face was a little flushed from the zephyr and sleepiness while his hands were stuffed into the pocket of his jacket. "you should be sleeping..."

‍ ‍ you headed towards the lost and found place, the moment you spotted it which was near the entry door while baji trailed behind, holding a flash light in his left hand. when you both arrived there, he immediately directed the light in your face with a grin. "did you see your bag there? of all the things you could forget, your bag had to be it."

‍ ‍ "i thought i was carrying my bag, turns out it was emma's. we have the same bag!" you smiled, reaching over to your bag. "there it is."

‍ ‍ both of you were taken aback when you heard a key rustling outside and something clicking the door. baji was quick to grab your arm after you hastily snatched your bag while looking around. despite being startled, you chose not to panic because you didn't have much chance to do so before the door opened, a brilliant light emanated from it, and a guy slowly entered. it was a guy in his late thirties or forties, who appeared to be an ordinary person and not someone you'd be looking for as a potential murderer; a guard. you gave up attempting to understand why he chose to bring you in his arms instead of running away since it felt pointless to do so.

‍ ‍ your face met baji's warm chest, pushing your head more closer to his chest as he wrapped his arms around your body. for someone who has a big body, it's a surprise that he's being gentle with you.

‍ ‍ the minute he did that, your face were pressed in his chest. his familiar manly scent was lingering around the tip of your nose, one more shove and you might end up passing out. "stay still, or i won't be able to defend you." you could feel the vibration in his chest with each syllable that ran out from his mouth. you remained motionless for a short while before sensing his heart beating out of his chest, it was loud and quick. the black-haired male carefully pulled his hands away from the back of your head to prevent you from dying in suffocation.

‍ ‍ "baji-san, what are you doing here?" you heard the guard asked, pressing the switch to turn the lights on and you found yourself tightly gripping on the black-haired male's jacket.

‍ ‍ "mr. han! my girlfriend told me she wanted to go with me here and she said it's a bit cold, that's why i'm giving her a hug."

‍ ‍ "oh, i'm really sorry for interrupting the two of you but you can hug outside instead. i'll check the whole place now."

‍ ‍ "let's go, baby!" baji laughed.

‍ ‍ you were unable to look at him after that, the scenario was enough to start a WWE match inside your gut. although baji had touched you for many times, his physical touches managed to send chills down your spine as he wrapped an arm around your waist after observing your trembling legs. he didn't have to strive for it, but his touch was enough to make you nervous. the man who previously spoke to the guard seemed to be a completely different person; the seriousness from his face was replaced by laughter coming out of his mouth.

‍ ‍ you quickly turned to face the long-haired male next to you but quickly shifted your gaze away, too afraid to make eye contact with baji standing next to you. "what the hell?"

‍ ‍ and he's quick to reply as he sent you a apologetic smile, "in my defense, i only did that so we won't get in trouble and shit, my hands are sweating so much."

‍ ‍ "that's good, how did you even know that guard?"

‍ ‍ "i know everyone here and they know me too, so fair enough i guess. i usually hang out here when i can't sleep."

‍ ‍ "holy shit!" you laughed, "i guess being a social butterfly has its perk. good job, bro."

‍ ‍ unexpectedly feeling your phone vibrate in your pocket, you look down to discover your chifuyu calling with hundred tons of messages from him, saying that he'll come to follow you if you won't reply right away while realizing that you've been gone for more than twenty minutes. "it's nearly four, let's go. i know you're still sleepy." you put your phone back in your pocket, swinging the bag on your shoulder before moving an arm up to stroke his shoulder with a slight smile on your face.

‍ ‍ the roads are already deserted, gloomy and the moonlight was the only thing that provided direction while you both were walking along in its light. neither of you had no any idea what to say and when's the right time to speak up, choosing to walk around in silence instead. you were taken aback by baji's ability to act as if it were nothing, despite the fact that his heartbeat indicated otherwise. you can even still feel the burning on your cheeks. even though baji appeared unaware, but he knows that it was him who made you flustered, just by analyzing your actions because who else is with you? he just wishes that he could see your face at least once more.

‍ ‍ "but i can't sleep!" he pouted, scratching the back of his neck. "wait, are you free tomorrow?"

  "tomorrow? uh, i have work but my shift always ends at noon. why?"

  "oh, nothing.'

‍ ‍ you could remember every detail about it, and you found yourself entering emma's house in a flash even though shinichiro scared the crap out of you, "emma! oh my gosh, you won't believe what just happened!"

‍ ‍ jolting up awake, she quickly sat up and panicked. "what? wait! is this about the math test when we're in high school? well, i'm so sorry for copying your answer but we need each other's back."

‍ ‍ "what?"

‍ ‍ "i mean bitch, i'm sorry but it's 50/50. it's either we pass or we fail, it doesn't matter!" she yawned.

‍ ‍ "no, i'm just gonna tell you what just happened earlier! oh my god, emma!"

(( KEISUKYU ))
– it's really fun to read everyone's
comment i really appreciate it!
ABDSJSBDJSBGSHS THANK U

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 171 21
⤷ soulmate [sōl māt] ; a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner Almost everyone has a soulmate. On your 13th birthda...
33.2K 1.1K 30
fem! reader | soulmate au •◦இ•◦ Soulmates are a fascinating thing. Some people are astonished by the idea of having a special someone to keep dear to...
350K 13.3K 34
Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, placed somewhere random on your body. Some easy to cover, some hard. Some soulmate marks are pairs, both havin...
41.6K 2.9K 62
An old Japanese legend says that a man coming from the moon sometimes ties two people with a red thread, making them destined to be lovers, regardles...