OO7

AUTHOR

‍ ‍ out of frustration, you raked a finger through a strands of your hair. the injuries are still quite new and are heavily marked on your skin, leaving a strong purple tint on the surrounding of your flesh. your shirt was uncomfortable to touch because of the blood that is lingering around the edge of your lips and the perspiration that is dripping down to your figure. already, your breast area's skin had already started to darken and showed some red undertones. even if all you want to do is get into bed and spend the entire night asleep, you were unable to force yourself into giving in. it's already been a minute since baji's match concluded, this is not going to end well for you. being hospitalized is the last place you wanted to end up to.

"shit," you groaned after the alcohol made contact with your skin, hands are trembling as you applied the bandage on your nose. there was no way your body would be able to withstand the heat for much longer as you began to mop up the blood that was all over the room from earlier coming out your mouth. the severe agony throughout your entire body won't go away, and you can't even move properly because of the dreadful scent of iron that filled your nose. everything hurts when you moved, feeling like it will become numb in an hour. no matter how hard you tried, your hands continued to tremble. you were unable to watch baji's match because you were too exhausted but emma contacted you to inform you that he won. in all honesty, you were there but departed before the game began.

‍ ‍ "y/n, can you help me with the-" the door swung opened as you screamed at the voice, suddenly throwing the first aid kit at the floor. your hands came up to grab the kit but failed miserably, spilling its contents across the carpeted floor and for a few seconds, silence lingered through the whole room before sounds of footsteps alerted you that he was coming closer. with that, the black-haired male who stood on your door frame closed his mouth before the silence became too loud once again, even sounds of pin drop could be heart. he doesn't have the usual grin on, in fact, he looked almost hesitant.

‍ ‍ panicking, you were quick to avoid baji's eyes but you were sure he had already seen enough. "don't you know how to knock?"

‍ gosh, how cliché could this get?

‍ ‍ "look at me," baji grabbed your wrist, pulling it away from your face as soon as he got closer. his gaze trailing slowly following the bruises on your face with your heart dropping on your stomach. the male's expression were almost nervous or apathetic to what he has found out, but he also couldn't keep his eyes off the bruises on your skin. you had the same bruises as him, same places and same colors but the difference between you two is; you didn't got it from a fight. baji's hands slowly rose up, biting his hands to see if his suspicion was right. in the end, he looked up to meet your eyes, golden eyes were filled with worriedness and guilt showing through.

it wasn't that long before a bite mark showed up from your hands too, and you could feel your heart beating wildly inside your chest. the two of you had matching bruises, both had marks that showed no signs of love, just a symbol of pain— just plain bruises. a mixed of purple, red and yellow was visible on your arms, face too. it made the black-haired male feel bad, he knew that this was no coincidence. you looked down, unable to look into the other's golden eyes anymore. there was something about his expression that made you feel uneasy. disappointed? worriedness? guilt? whatever it was, you didn't like the way he kept glancing at you every now and then.

‍ ‍ "i, uh- i'm fine, just got in a fight with chifuyu's cat."

‍ ‍ "i can't believe this." baji sighed, leaning down as he rested his forehead against yours. "why didn't you told me? do you not trust me?"

‍ ‍ "are you mad?" you mumbled under your breath, loosening your tight grip on his shirt.

‍ ‍ mad is the wrong word to describe how he looks right now. baji was smirking, showing off his canine teeth as his eyes darted on your lips-- not a trace of malice in it but something about it made your heart to hammer in your chest. you were frozen in place and felt like you couldn't move an inch, let alone speak. he had been waiting for this opportunity to happen since the day you met him. after all, he couldn't help it, you were the perfect match for him.