O12

AUTHOR

‍ ‍ courting you was like kissing a flame. the fire blazed, yet it was unable to burn the kisser. the possessor would endure weeks of painful lips or the need to restrain himself from kissing another's mouth before being reminded of the flame's presence by the warmth of the hand that was holding his. so even though they weren't physically together, they were deeply in love. baji would go to any lengths for you, even if it meant sacrificing his entire life- being ridiculed by his family, his friends, his coworkers, and potentially even his entire group of friends- all in an effort to catch your attention. life without him was something you could never have imagined. his love for you wasn't just a passing fancy, an obsession, a wish, or even a dream; it was something he had long before resolved to do, and it wasn't just some bizarre fluke and whim. the man with the black hair was intent on winning your approval.

‍ ‍ physical touch was his preferred method of showing you his love, despite the fact that baji was never given the chance to kiss you on the lips because either kazutora and chifuyu would destroy the atmosphere or because he is still shy, the black-haired man was still waiting for your approval before he could do so. the amount of love he could feel for someone so soon after meeting them seemed almost unbelievable, but since you two were soul mates, of course that is how his heart felt. he courted you very well though, with a lot of flowers, chocolates and gifts as he tried to show his affection through actions and words alone. baji already knew you were in love with him too, but he wanted the confirmation from your mouth. and from then on, the both of you would frequently met each other.

‍ ‍ because of baji, you got to sleep for more than an hour. you don't even know why, but there's one thing that keeps coming to mind: you feel safe when he's around. his warmth makes you feel calm. he soothes your anxiety and makes you feel secure and safe as though all of his attention is on him. regardless of what he does, you are appreciative. you've never felt more secure or at ease. before your friends approached you, you weren't even aware that you were falling for him.

‍ ‍ two days ago, the whole group celebrated halloween. everyone turned up in ridiculous costumes even though the idea was meant to be spooky. even hakkai, he arrived dressed like an astronaut. as the group decided to go trick or treating, his outfit and everyone else's looked absurd. although the houses they visited appeared to be a spooky maze, they were nevertheless enjoyable. and now, as the others helped him decorate for the surprise- which was just a few hours away and for which he already had an idea- mikey planned to surprise baji. according to him, baji never acknowledges his birthday. to him, birthdays are just regular days. however, they intended to make it special this year. it would be fun to have a surprise celebration, everyone who knew it agreed. they were going to ensure that their friend had the nicest birthday ever, they intended to go all out today.

‍ ‍ to make the surprise fun, chifuyu suggested that you should neglect baji for the entire day. you agreed to the conditions and immediately begin making preparations with chifuyu and his friends, but he advises that you should go it alone. it's fun, he declared. you still could remember how the two of you fought earlier, and you can't believe how stupid your older brother is.

‍ ‍ "so after the fight yesterday, you've decided you no longer love me? do you even know what day today is?"

‍ ‍ with your throat cleared, you faced your upset boyfriend. "it's november three, baji. what the fuck is wrong with you?"

‍ ‍ the black-haired raised his eyebrows, putting both of his arms on his waist as he stood in front of you. "oh yeah, so you're not going to call me by my nickname now, matsuno?"