šŒšŽš“šŽš‘š’ššŽš‘š“ | JJK šŸ

By -kimtaesan

In which a mechanic who's always dreamed of driving her own car, sneaks into an illegal racing club, only to... More

| START |
| LAP 01 |
| LAP 02 |
| LAP 03 |
| LAP 04 |
| LAP 05 |
| LAP 07 |
| LAP 08 |
| LAP 09 |
| LAP 10 |
| LAP 11 |
| LAP 12 |
| LAP 13 |
| LAP 14 |
| LAP 15 |
| SEASON 2 EXCLUSIVES |šŸ
| LAP 16 |
| LAP 17 |
| LAP 18 |
| LAP 19 |
| LAP 20 |
| LAP 21 |
| LAP 22 |
| LAP 23 |
| LAP 24 |
| LAP 25 |
| LAP 26 |
| LAP 27 |
| LAP 28 |
| LAP 29 |
| LAP 30 |
| SEASON 3 EXCLUSIVES šŸ |
| LAP 31 |
| LAP 32 |
| LAP 33 |
| LAP 34 |
| LAP 35 |
| LAP 36 |

| LAP 06 |

129K 6.9K 24.5K
By -kimtaesan

⋆★⋆
═══════ LAP 6/15 ═══════

💗💜💗
WE REACHED 10K! AGAIN! WOOO!!!
Thank you guys sm! This book was flagged at 13K so not far from where we left off! 🥳
. . .
(LONG ass chapter ahead, as a gift for your patience! Please continue to vote & leave comments, NO stingy ass ghost readers!!!)

And if you have any Motorsport edits/art, PLEASE pm or DM me on IG so I can include it in the story! ⭐️ Read in dark mode & enjoy!

◢◤◢◤ ⚙️ ◢◤◢◤

A week has gone by since my first day at Gatti. After the drive-by, I was hesitant on even coming back until I remembered how much we needed the money. Luckily it hasn't happened again... For now, at least.

Since it's midnight, the backstreet is loud and restless with revving engines, chatter and chanting to fill the night. Beautiful girls strut around like usual while trappers exchange and banter. I on the other hand, continue to clean my tools from the comfort of my personal garage.

I managed to make the room homier with the decorations of car parts, checkered flags, toolboxes, my bicycle, and a picture frame of Paps and I.

"I'll be waiting after you finish your race baby."

I look out to see JK with his hands around a girl's waist, her arms linked around his neck as they leans against a car hood and pull away from their makeout. JK always has killer fashion, but tonight, he sports numerous frosty rings as well as a white bandaid on his cheek.

He licks his lips and hums.

"Mm, I know you will." He smacks the girl's ass and walks off to the call of his name.

...I actually haven't spoken to JK much since my first day. He's the most valued driver here, far too busy to focus his time on a mechanic, realistically.

Tonight's a multi-race betting, meaning the race starts off with two cars of opposing teams before others join and it becomes a ruthless relay between six people. I guess it makes for a busy night, because I've never seen the backstreet this packed.

"Start your engines!"

Opposite JK's Koenigsegg CCR stands a purple Corvette with pink wheels and matching interior neon lights. Four stunning Korean girls giggle and give him sex eyes through the window. The one behind the wheel runs her tongue along her upper lip, making JK swirl his tongue around his cheek with a grin.

"Yo, rat pack." Hwasa snaps her fingers. "Focus on the road. Fucking skanks."

The girls scoff with a glare. Spectators begin to gather around and soon enough, both cars are vibrating with shining-bright headlights. Hwasa stands with wide legs and shouts,

"First team to make it to 149th St. and back wins! On your marks..."

Each cars rev its engines, the violent roars only increasing as Hwasa raises her arms. JK turns to the girls and smirks with one hand on the wheel while they wink at him.

"Get set... Go!"

Both vehicles shoot off when Hwasa flares her flags, JK unsurprisingly taking the lead. There's a lot of commotion from the watchers as the engines of two new cars take their places at the starting line.

Hwasa holds her stopwatch and counts before flaring her flags again. "Go!"

The next two cars bolt in their trail. The colorful streaks of eaches smoky trail is both hypnotic and satisfying...

Damn that looks cool...

"You!" A racer with dreads points at me.

I instantly freeze up on my workroom stool. "Y-yeah?"

"I'm on in a sec, come switch this filter real quick."

"Coming." I quickly grab my toolbox and hurry to the vehicle before popping open the hood. It doesn't take me long to remove the old air filter and rid any debris with a rag.

"Faster shawty!"

"Just a sec..." I sing.

"You the mechanic?" Another guy approaches.

"Yeah?"

"Bruh my bike's buggin. You finna check it out or what?"

"Takeoff, come on you're on!" Hwasa shouts at the first guy.

I hold up my finger at the second guy, "Give me oneee sec—"

"Takeoff!"

"Hurry up shawty, I'm on!"

"Okay okay!" I push the new air filter into place and quickly pat it. "You're good to go."

"What about my bike?"

"I'm coming." Not spearing a moment's breath, I rush over to check the second guy's motorcycle.

Being a Gatti mechanic is definitely more fast-paced than you'd expect. You could get called over 5 times simultaneously given any moment. It's your job not to get distracted by the races taking place and tend to each matter.

Ah, I see the issue here. This needs—

"She."

JK's presence walking past is even more grungy and intimidating than his voice alone. He pinches his shirt and flaps it to air off sweat, tossing me his keys before snapping his fingers and pointing, his other hand weaving through his stringy hair. "My wheel's rusty. Oil it up for me."

...He finished his lap that fast? How?

I nervously catch his keys and look at the motorcycle I was examining.

"C-could it wait a moment? I'm fixing—"

"Don't piss me off, I want it oiled in five minutes." He walks on.

I blink rapidly at his shrinking form before looking at the motorcycle again with a sigh.

Ugh... I'll have to be fast.

I back away from the bike with my toolbox in-hand and tend to JK's car instead, getting on my knees to better examine his tire. This is going to be one busy night...

══════ ⋆★⋆ ══════
— 2:45 AM —

The backstreet has finally settled with most spectators having gone home. Only few club members stay behind to smoke and chat in groups.

A drawn-out screech airs when I exit my workroom and pull down the graffitied garage door. Dad's most likely asleep by now... Hopefully I'm able to sneak back into the house without waking him.

...I should probably give JK back his keys first.

My head rotates both ways as I scan the neon-lit backstreet. Where is he? Did he go home already?

I begin looking around the line up of parked cars in search of the distinctive driver. My feet come to a stop when I stumble across one...

I think this is one of his cars—

"Yo!!" Quavo jumps. A brown girl jolts her head from his lap with glossed lips, his tattooed fingers engrossed in her curly ponytail.

I instantly gasp and walk away. "S-sorry!!"

Man I wish I could unsee that...

I continue to scout the parking lot... Before catching sight of a Mustang GT500 that's been left unlocked beside me. My pupils practically dilate at the view, I unconsciously gravitate towards it and gently trace its roof.

Holy crap... I remember seeing this car on Series 9 of Top Gear. It has the supercharge VH of the 4GT, bringing the horsepower up to 500... Not your standard modern supercar, but definitely a renovation of its classic. I've always wanted to see one in person.

...I wonder what's it's like to sit in one.

I furrow my eyebrows and smack my own forehead. "No Shego, come on don't be stupid."

After JK caught me photographing his car, it wouldn't be wise to get inside of someone else's without permission.

But on the other hand...

No ones around.

I chew on my lip nervously and look around with an impatiently shaking leg...

One minute in the car. Just one.

I excitedly hop into the Mustang and shut the door behind me. My fingertips snake up the fresh leather of the steering wheel, absorbing it's neon blue stitching while resting my head back against the seat. Judging by the new car smell, you can tell this hasn't been driven much.

What I wouldn't do to take this thing for a test drive...

"If I knew how to drive, that is." I frown.

But a childlike grin makes its way back to my lips when I grab the wheel and playfully pretend to drive.

If I had a car, I'd drive dad and I on so many holidays... I'd take him on road trips every month so he wouldn't be overworked and then we'd go fishing in the countryside like we used to.

Ooo, or maybe—

Without warning, the Mustang's rear door opens and slams shut behind me before a hand completely clamps my mouth shut to block any screams, the cold metal of a gun's nuzzle pushing against my jaw.

"The FUCK 'you doing in my car? You looking to die?"

I tremble all over from the deep voice grumbling into my ear. My breath hitches behind his palm that only tightens against my lips, my face shifting to the side at the nudge of his gun.

"I asked you a fucking question."

I desperately shake my head with my eyes pinched shut to suppress any tears.

"Not so adventurous now, are you?"

Recognizing his lighter voice, my eyes widen as his hand falls from my lips and the gun is retracted from my skin. I don't turn around, breath still hitched and body stiff as JK climbs from the backseat into the passenger. He casually plants his gun in his back pocket and chews on some minty gum.

"So. You gonna explain why you're in my car?"

"O-oh my God... I thought y-you were gonna kill me..."

"Good. That'll teach you to go snooping." He points out the front window and waves his finger.

"This was anyone else's whip, you would've got shot. Remember this the next time you wanna be nosey. You're lucky it was me."

Yeah, lucky. Not traumatized at all...

"Well I-I came to give your keys back. For the tire I oiled earlier." I nervously pinch the keys.

He takes them, looks me up and down, then looks back out of his window.

"I take it you wanna drive."

"Huh?"

He taps his finger against the steering wheel, referring to the imaginary adventures I was having.

"You saw that? Ugh..." My face slumps into the steering wheel in embarrassment.

He chuckles lopsidedly. "Have you really never driven before?"

"Nope... I know everything about fixing cars but I've never gotten behind the wheel. Even though it's my dream to."

An idea suddenly hatches in my head.

"What if you could teach me!"

JK rolls his eyes, "We don't need more drivers. Plus I told you when you joined, you're just the mechanic."

"But I'd get to know the cars so much better if I actually experienced one. Please?"

"Your dad's a mechanic, ask him."

"I have. He doesn't think I'm ready." I frown at the wheel. "He's worried I'll get into an accident since Compton's so dangerous, but if anything, I'm more ready than ever." My eyes now meet JK's.

"Even one lesson, I'll be happy. I just wanna drive... That's it. Please?"

I ask the question rather innocently, making JK kiss his teeth and look out in thought.

"...One lesson."

"Yes!" I eagerly tug my seatbelt. He looks me up and down again.

"What are you doing?"

"...I have to strap my seatbelt first, right?"

JK stares at me dumbfounded before snorting.

"Don't make me laugh." He sweeps his hand dismissively, "Start the car."

I frown and slowly let go of the seatbelt.

"You familiar with the gears?"

"Mhm. Park, reverse, neutral, drive, and sports."

Already knowing the basics, I check my mirrors before pushing down the handbrake and pulling the gear stick into drive. My foot lightly pivots from the break to accelerator as we slowly pull out of the parking lot and turn around the block.

"You're so slow." He rubs his brows.

"W-well you're kind of intimida—"

"Left."

A dark lamppost appears before the car, camouflaging with the night sky but I manage to swiftly turn without knocking into it. JK nods and pops his gum.

"You're not bad for a beginner... But your speed sucks. Drive back to the club in fourth gear."

"But the speed limit—"

He rolls his eyes and yanks the gear for me. I focus on the road that now slips under us at a faster speed, but can't help paying nervous side glances at JK who watches me with a lingering grin.

"Do I make you nervous?"

"Nervous? N-not at all, I'm not nervous."

JK licks his lip with a brief smirk, leaning in slightly to make it more obvious that he's staring at me.

"J-JK, I'm driving."

"So?" He props one elbow up against the dashboard and continues to stare. His expression is so blank, I can't tell what he's thinking and it's driving me to my breaking point.

"JK!"

"Stop the car then."

I immediately hit the breaks, causing the car to screech slightly. I continue avoiding eye contact when JK cocks his head and clicks his tongue.

"Good drivers ignore the distractions around them. Your dad's right, you're not ready for the road." He gets out.

"Oh come on. That was my first time, I could go faster with more lessons." I get out as well.

He ignores me and lights the blunt in his hand before inhaling with squinted eyes. I sigh and slacked shoulders.

"I just think with a few lessons, I could understand the cars better enough to fix them faster. You're the best driver at Gatti, you can teach me the fastest."

JK blows a cloud of smoke before letting his eyes trail down my form. He looks back out into the night and puffs.

"You're lucky I'm lit right now."

"Yes! I'll see you tomorrow night then." With an ecstatic grin, I turn around and begin walking away—

"Wait."

JK strolls towards me without breaking his intense stare when I turn around. He ruffles a hand in his pocket which makes me grow nervous.

"For your first week." He passes me a hefty roll of cash.

"Oh wow... How much is this?"

"Well you tuned 7 cars and 3 bikes so... 12K?" He smokes.

"What?! You mean I made this much in just a week?!"

"Tch, chill. It's just 12 racks."

"Uh, 12 grand is a lot to make in one week."

"Then you can use it to buy some new clothes."

I lower my brows and trail down my outfit consisting of an old t-shirt, dungarees and sneakers.

"What's wrong with my clothes?"

"You can't keep dressing like that if you wanna work at Gatti. Tomorrow, I wanna see ice."

"Ice? But I don't own any jewelry."

JK stares at me blankly, processing the seriousness in my statement. He rolls his eyes and holds his blunt between his lips while taking off his watch and nudging his chin. "Hold your hand out."

"W-what?"

I'm too startled to even process him harshly grabbing my wrist and buckling the accessory around it. Once he steps back, I twirl the watch in the moonlight to admire its freezing twinkles and blinding shimmers.

"There. Now you've got no excuse."

I blush and look down timidly, a subtle smile staining my lips when I trace my fingers along the diamonds. "...Thanks."

From afar, Hwasa watches from the alley door with her arms crossed, scowling at me and shaking her head in anger.

══════ ⋆★⋆ ══════
— ONE WEEK LATER —

After a long day of work, Dad sits on our fabric couch with a plate of food on his lap, trying to distract his thoughts with the car auction airing on TV.

But something lingers in his mind.

He checks his watch repeatedly as he waits for me to come home.

"It's 1:45 AM... Where are you Shego?" He sighs.

"Paps!"

Dad instantly looks over his shoulder when excitedly I enter our home. He jumps up to hold my shoulders and kiss my forehead while I keep my hands behind my back.

"Oh thank God you're safe, I was getting so worried. But you blew me off today! Again! Where were you??"

"Out." I smile despite his frown.

"Out?"

"Mhm. I've got a surprise."

"A surprise? What is it?"

"Well I can't tell you!" I chuckle, "Close your eyes."

He chuckles back, "Alright alright, they're closed."

"Open your eyes in 3... 2... 1."

Dad uncovers his eyes to see me holding out a large Saint Laurent shopping bag. His eyes bulge massively.

"W-who's that for?"

"It's for you!" I laugh.

"Me?! W-what did I do?"

"Be Compton's best dad, that's what. Open it!"

"Wh..." Dad hesitantly opens the bag, too taken back by the luxurious logo. I fail to contain my smile when he first pulls out a brown and gold leather watch.

"Holy jeep! What's this?!"

"This..." I remove his old, worn-out watch and replace it with the expensive one. "Is the YSL golden plated Swiss watch. All the cool people are wearing them."

And by cool people, I mean Offset. I saw him wearing this the other day and thought it'd look good on dad.

"I don't believe this..." Dad leans in to sniff the jewelry and gasps. "It even smells expensive!"

"That's not all."

I take out a small box and jacket. "I also got you this leather jacket and glasses. Put them on!"

"How did you even afford all this?" He scoffs laughter, rolling his arms into each sleeve. I shrug playfully.

"I have my ways."

Now dripping in his new ensemble, dad spreads his arms with one foot stuck out. His lips purse cooly as he lowers his glasses down his nose bridge with a pose. "How do I look? Am I hip now?"

"So hip." I laugh.

Dad chuckles and wraps an arm around me gratefully. "I love you pumpkin."

The guilt of keeping my Gatti secret suddenly manages to taint my mind. I flicker a half-smile when patting his back...

"Love you too Paps."

══════ ⋆★⋆ ══════
— NEXT NIGHT, 3AM —

In an empty parking lot far away from Gatti, I whizz around the spread training cones at 40mph while JK sits on a pavement pillar to watch, an arm propped on his arched knee to swirl the lollipop in his mouth.

It's probably not the safest idea to have a driving lesson this late at night, but post-races are the only time he's actually high enough to agree to teach me. Nevertheless, I manage to work my way around the darkness.

Once I park, he nods and walks towards me before resting an arm against the car's roof.

"I've never seen a girl learn the wheel that fast... You sure you've never driven before this?"

"Never." I beam.

"Don't get flattered, you haven't impressed me yet." He walks around the car and gets in the passenger seat.

"What? But I drove us all the way out here and made it around the cones."

"Yeah but do you know how to do tricks?"

"Tricks?"

"Bike wheelies, drifts, doughnuts..." He counts casually.

"Uh..."

JK snaps his fingers and points, "Drive to my boy's customs shop. It's just up the road. Fifth gear."

"Um... Okay."

Not questioning the random demand, I pull out of the parking lot and drive up the street before JK suddenly grabs the wheel and swerves the entire car. My foot instantly pushes the brake and I let out a scream of panic as the car screeches, casting dark rings on the road while smoke travels up our windows to create fog.

JK lets go when I release the brake entirely.

"There. Now you can do doughnuts."

I spare him a frozen, wide-eyed side glance, my hair strands dangling and chest heaving with every breath I catch.

"T-that was really dangerous."

"How? Nobodies here." He grins.

His laid-backness makes me look around to remind myself of the empty road, excluding the orange and yellow graffitied customs garage that's now beside us. I honestly don't know if that was scary... Or thrilling?

"Now that you know how to drive distances..."

JK gets out and walks towards a cloaked car that's parked up outside. The cloak unveils like a graceful ribbon at his pull, revealing a widebody purple Lamborghini that lies underneath. It's body ombres blue towards the rear with black trimming all over, purple headlights and even reflective tire lettering.

JK spins his keys around his finger once, bounces his brows and presses his tongue against his teeth.

"Let's race."

"What?!"

"Relax, I'll go easy on you obviously." He gets in and revs his engine obnoxiously loud. The noise only makes me more panicked.

"J-JK I only just learned— Plus it's late and I don't have a license!"

Sparing me one last look, JK looks around daringly before grinning and shutting his beetle-winged door...

"Fuck a license."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 23.2K 73
"You should be careful, love. If I can find out about you, so can they." "I'm sorry, but I don't take advices from c*** s****." "Why don't you come s...
160K 5K 38
his suppose to kidnapped me little did he know I already kidnapped his heart. They captured my limp body, forcefully tied me up, put a tape over my...
3.7K 93 26
Kim Y/N who is a struggling female mechanic who has always wanted to see a illegal street race just so she can see the many cars and motorbikes. So s...
1.2K 95 6
"just ride it." In the world where speed matters the most, Jeon Jungkook, a charismatic and mysterious motorcycle racer who believes he has no weakne...