Racing Heart

By SinalaMarquez

A.X.L movie fanfic. Melanie and her brother are placed in a situation where they become criminals by befriend... More

Broken Chain
Robo-Dog
So So Sweet
Moonlight
Partners
Kucklehead
Burning Heart
Trapped
The Key

Motherly Touch

217 10 0
By SinalaMarquez

Melanie Hill's Point Of View

Miles and the other contestants lined up at the mark. Dad and I made our way to the crowd, I watched as Dad went over to Miles and give him a pep talk. At this moment I realized my brother was lined up beside the boy that got in his way the last race.

A woman walks up to the middle of the track and raises a board indicating there were thirty seconds left, at the same time it was announced. Then the stoppers fell letting the racers go, Miles and the Fontaine boy were in the lead, then began to slow down. I leaned back on one of the rails watching serious at the show being placed in front of me.

Fontaine takes the lead and my brother is hot on his tail. They take a turn and my Miles takes that chance to speed and get ahead of the 23 boy. The announcer hypes up my brother and I grin clapping as I watch Miles cross the finish line first.  

I run over to Miles and hug him, "Good job, Miles. You did great." He nods and hugs me back then turns to our dad hugging him too. I look behind me and make eye contact with the girl who I owe. Waving I smirk and shoot her a wink before taking the motorcycle from Miles and taking over to our station once my brother hopped off.

Miles and dad began to place things into the van while I checked the bike, making sure it was fine. A truck came up from behind and stopped getting our attention by calling out our last name. "Hey, Hill gang. What's going on fellas?" The Fontaine boy says as I pick up the trophy my brother won. "Nice race, Miles." My brother thanks him and I smirk seeing the girl from earlier sitting beside him on the passenger seat of the car. She waves at me, I tilt my head back and smile placing the trophy in the back of the car. "I don't know what you're up to tonight, but I'm having a party at my place. You two should come by, specially you Miles, tons of cute girls."

"I don't know man, we got work in the morning," Miles says shrugging pointing between both him and I. I shrug as well and pick up my toolbox then place it next to the trophy in the back.

Sam, who I learned is the young Fontaine's name, checked his watch like a smart ass, "You got about 12 hours between now and then. You got something better to do?" Smirking I wipe my hands with rag and pull off the hair tie without breaking eye contact with the girl.

"We'll think about it, man. Thanks," I say giving him a firm nod then turning back to the van when they drive away. Rolling my eyes quickly once I see my dad with his arms crossed.

He sighs and sits next to the motorcycle, staring at my brother and I, "You know I'm proud of you, right?" Miles sighs mumbling 'Here we go' causing me to scoff. "Life isn't all about racing, ya'know? Sometimes you got to take your foot off the accelerator or off books for a little bit."

"If you want to lose," I mumble, dad places his hand on my head and ruffles my hair, messing it up. Chuckling, I push him of sticking my tongue out at him and pushing him off.

"That guy, his dad's got connections, right? Connections means sponsors and sponsors means..." He trails off wanting us to finish the sentence. 

"Chains for days. We get it." Miles sighs putting his hands on his hips while I sat on the back of the car taking my dads spot.

I roll my eyes and wait for them to close the double door and drive off. Once we get home I shower and change, yet putting on the same pair of jeans do to loving the comfortable feeling, unlike other jeans did. Miles and I went over to the party, not really in the mood, but wanting to take advantage of the moment. 

Miles wrapped his arm around my shoulder when we enter, pulling me close so I wouldn't get lost or try to leave him to hide. The large amount of people made my anxiety spike, I tried to keep looking forward and pushed people put of my way unlike my brother who was getting pushed aside by a couple off girls. 

We reach the back of the house and pass through the double doors leading out to the backyard, which had a lot more people than the inside did. Miles stayed staring at the few people ahead who were riding bikes. He took his arm away from me and we walk over to the pool. I tense up when someone places their arm around me, calming down when I realize it's just Sam, the boy who lives here.

Sam takes my brother and I to check out the track and getting everyone's attention, "Yo, listen up!" He turns to my brother and asks for his name, then apologizing for not remembering, "Everybody, this is Miles and Melanie. Miles is that fool who always beats me. Seriously, this kid straight sick, his sister too. Didn't your dad do all the work on your bike?"

I scoff and shake my head poking the inside of my cheek amused, "No, I did. Dad is just a mentor and supporter." I said sliding my hands into my pockets. He smirks and nods taking his arm off me. Sam then goes to my brother and talks to him while I stay back not interested in the bike riding. I turn around and walk away looking back when I see the boys playing with a flamethrower.

Smiling slightly to myself at the sight of a couple of girls in the pool wearing bikinis. Shaking my head at the wolf whistles I received from a few horny boys. Without looking back again I head to the side of the house frowning when I see a woman picking up trash and tossing it inside a large black plastic bag. "Hey, let me help you." Giving her a smile, I take the garbage bag from her and throw in the red cups and beer bottles.

"Honey, you don't have to do that," She smiles wiping the sweat off her forehead. I shake my head and tie up the bag once its full. "Thank you. I don't think I've seen you around Sam." She says sticking out her hand for me to shake. 

"I'm not really a friend of his. My name is Melanie and my brother met him earlier today at a race. We were invited, but it's not really my kind of scene." I let go of her hand and shrugged smiling at her.

She sighs and pats my head. There's a sudden urge to cry, my eyes tear up and I sniff. The woman frowns and takes my face in her hands inspecting my sadness up close, "What's wrong, sweetheart?" I laugh shaking my head slightly.

"It's nothing, I-I just haven't had a motherly touch in awhile. My mother is no longer around so..." She nods understanding and I wipe away a few tears that had slid down my face. "Um I'm going to throw this away. It was nice meeting you. And sorry if I made you worry." She nods and gives me a quick side hug then I leave.

I look around and after five minutes I find a garbage bin by the front of the house. Opening the lid, I toss in the black bag and wipe my hands on my jeans then head inside. Not wanting to go where there is a lot of people and noise, or anywhere I could get dirty by the food fight they were having, so I walked around the house and until I stumbled upon a garage where there was a gorgeous red bike and car. I smiled and went over to it, running the tip of my fingers over the handles amazed by its beauty.

My mind went completely blank. Without thinking, I threw my leg over the bike and tested out the leather on both the handle and the seat. A grin spread on my face. "So, not your scene?" My head snapped up to the door and saw the girl from before staring at me with a teasing smile.

Laughing softly I shook my head, "Didn't think it was yours either." She looks down and shrugs saying she didn't have a choice. My jaw clenches and I raise a brow annoyed, "Why, because of Sam?"

She looks up at me through her long lashes and nods, "Yeah. He was my ride home." I look at the place and sit up on the bike confused. "I live in the back house. My mom takes care of the place since the Fontaine's are out of town a lot, so..."

Nodding I look at her with a soft smile, "So you and Sam..." I trail off waiting for her to get the hint of what I meant.

Her face turns to one of amused, shaking her head she chuckles, "No. No, it's not like that. I'm just the help." She shrugs and I nod.

"Good to know," I whisper under my breath not expecting her to hear, but realizing she did when she looks at me with a knowing grin. Clearing my throat I hop off the bike and lean on it changing the subject, "But trust me, that's not the way he sees you."

"And how does he see me?" She asks crossing her arms giving me a pointed look.

Shrugging I smile at her, "Like everyone does once they've seen someone beautiful." I say softly, anxiety eating me up. She nods surprised at my response and tucks a hair behind her ear. Smiling she turns to the car and hops in on the drivers side and nods her head telling me to get in.

Rolling my eyes I give in to temptation and go to the other side. "Thanks for the spare part, by the way. You left before I could thank you." She grins and nods saying it was okay.

She sits up on the leather seat and glances at my lap. Her hand reached down and grabs the paper sticking out of my pocket, lifting it and showing it to me. Her hands fumble with the piece of paper and unwrinkled it. She laughs and shows it to me, "You picked this out of the trash can?" 

I laugh shaking my head, "Not really, considering you suck at throwing. You missed and it landed next to it." She scoffs and hits my shoulder, "I like it. Although I've never actually had someone draw me before."

"She's a beauty ain't she? Take it out later if you're lucky." Sam's voice makes me tense up for the third time and I turn to him. "Party's picking up phase two and y'all are just chilling in the garage."

He makes his way to us with a red cup in hand and I get out of the car, "Sorry about that. Um, thanks for the invite, but I got to get home." I smile walking over to him. He nods and I wave at the girl, "Tell my brother I left. Thanks for everything." I left the party and jogged over to my bike, that was parked right besides Miles', and took off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 17.3K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
320K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
342K 20.1K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
283K 9.2K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...