Kucklehead

Melanie Hill's Point Of View

I turn to A.X.L and tell him to stay with Miles, but Sara grabs my hand and tells me to stay as well. "I'm not gonna hide from that knucklehead." I said, she stared at me for a second then nods knowing I wasn't backing down.

"But Miles stays. If he sees you, he'll freak out." She says in a hush voice. I nod and walk out with her to the front of the building. My brother scoffs but doesn't do anything else.

"Hey," Sam smiled waving at us. "What kind of sketchy business goes on up here, huh?" I giggle and sit on the edge while Sara hops off and walks towards him. "You know I'm used people using me, Sara. I just didn't think it'd be you. I guess it makes sense, though."

"How have I used you?" She asks, now standing in front of him. There was an unreadable expression on her face, but I could tell she felt accused.

He shrugs and licks his bottom lip, "Well, you act like we're together. You suck up to my dad. My family practically gives you and your mom everything, and the minute I turn my back, turns out you're a dyke hooking up with a piece of white trash." I stand up and glare at him, Sara shakes her head and turns around walking back to me. Sam becomes angry and gets off his dirt bike telling her to stop.

When Sam grabs her arm I rush over and push him off her. "Back off you ass." She tells him to leave but he ignores her.

"Why, because of this tramp and her brother?" I scoff and shake my head. "What's up, Miles?" He says turning to my brother as he jumps of the crumbling building. He swings at Miles, but he dodges. A.X.L runs from the house and tackles Sam to the ground.

My brother walks over to Sara's truck and sits on the edge rubbing his hands together. "Miles, tell Ax to stop." He blocks off my voice and I try to push the canine off the boy, even if he just insulted my brother and Sara, not caring about myself though. Ax wouldn't budge no matter how hard I pushed.

Sara yells at my brother to stop and he smirks, "Okay, AXL!" The dog turns to Miles, his eyes glowing red, like rubies. "Bring him here." He commands and I glare at my brother. Sara then turns to yell at the robot to stop.

A.X.L steps of Sam and bites his foot, dragging him to my brother. I shake my head watching the defenseless boy be dragged as he screamed in pain and fear. "Miles, just let him go!" Sara snaps.

"I'd stay as still as possible if I were you, buddy." Miles sneers at Sam then kneels besides him and grabs him by the hoodie, pulling him up so that he hovers over the ground. "Listen to me. I don't ever want to see you near my sister and her girlfriend again. You go that?" I try to pull my brother off Sam but he pushed me away. "I want to hear you say that you understand. Say it, Say you understand or I'll send this thing after to you."

Miles tells Ax that it's okay and he can't hurt Sam. The Fontaine boy does as my brother says and scatters to his feet and runs away getting back on his dirt bike and driving off. Miles stand up and I grab him by the collar of his shirt, "What the hell is wrong with you Miles! Sam could have died because of your ego!" I snapped at him. Sara pulled me of him and told me to calm down.

"Melanie, he was insulting both of you. You're finally happy, and he was gonna ruin that. I did it for you, and I was protecting you. I just want you to be happy!" He frowns confused at my actions.

I shake my head and scoff, "That's not for you to decide, Miles. He could've gotten hurt, because of you! Of course I'm happy to have Sara, but not everyone is going to support it. What are you going to do about it, huh? Threaten everyone that comes in our way? You have to think before doing whatever comes to mind." My head begins to pound. "You just don't get it brother. Sara lives with them. They pay for everything she and her mother have, they even pay for her grandmothers nursery home!" My vision began to blur and I fell to my knees clutching my head, there was a ringing in my ears and I groaned. 

"Mel? Melanie, what's wrong?" Sara grabbed my head in her hands and stared at me scared. My breathing was heavy until it suddenly stopped. "What just happened?"

"I don't know." I whispered. Miles picked me up and placed me on the truck. "Miles, I'm not mad, okay? Just don't get ahead of yourself, don't let it get out of hand again." He nods and turns to Sara.

"Hey, I'm sorry. You should go clear things up with him, I'll take care of-" Shaking her head Sara cuts him off with a smile.

"They might own us, Miles, but I'm not leaving Melanie alone. Or you, or Ax, okay?" My brother nods smiling at her grateful. "Now get on that bike, but don't hurt Mel's baby." I starter to get tired only hearing bits of her last words. "I also wanted to say I really like Melanie. I like... Miles. And I want... girlfriend." That's when I crashed falling back on the seat, knocked out cold.

I was taken to our house. Sara opened the door of the car and Miles drove in and parked my bike then rushed to me and carried me inside the house. Miles kicked the slightly opened door and rushed in placing me on the couch. My eyes fluttered open and I squinted at the light. It was blurry for a second then I adjusted to the brightness. Dad came into the view and I sighed at his tone of parental authority, "What the hell happened to my daughter?"