Naruto One-shots [Reopened]

By Imuser304

304's Naruto character x reader / character one shot book :)) defaults to fem reader [Requests reopened, if... More

Requests
Not A Drag - Shikamaru x Reader
It's a Date! - Kiba x Reader
Sick Snuggles - Kakashi x Reader
False Parenting - Deidara x Reader
The Time He Saved Me - Iruka x reader
There is Something Wrong With You- Sai x Reader
Hidden In The Sand - Garra x reader
Should Have Said So - Kakashi x reader
We Made That - Rock Lee x pregnant!Reader
See You When I Get There - Tobi/Obito x reader
Mourning Is Worse Than Love - Sasuke x reader
Be Mine! Please! - Rock Lee x Reader
Breakfast - Darui x Reader
Akamaru's Final Breath - Kiba x Veterinarian!reader
And They Laughed - Choji x reader
Less Alone - Shikamaru x Reader
Kitty - Tenzo/Yamato x reader
Mourning Is Worse Than Love pt. 2 - Sasuke x reader
Betrayal - Itachi x Reader
Premature - Iruka x Pregnant!Reader
Stupid - Shikamaru x Reader
a/n - please read
First Choice - Rock Lee x Reader
Chubby Confidence - Sai x Reader
Bugs and Boys - Shino x Reader
Something You Didn't Know - Kisame x Reader
Rain - Tenzo/Yamato x Reader
Thanks Again - Shino x Reader
Not Exactly A Mistake - Kakashi X Reader
He is No Man - Kakashi x Pregnant!Reader
A/N: 10k
Goodbye to a World - Nejiten
I Promise - Sasuke x Reader
Best Birthday Ever - Rock Lee x Genderneutra!lReader
Balcony Strangers - Naruto x Reader
Sigh (Definitely read ;))
I Need to See It - Gai x Reader
NOT SORRY AGAHA

Forbidden - Neji x Reader

9K 165 95
By Imuser304

Requested By: OrochimaruTrash

Prompt: You are so beautiful, I can't believe you are mine!

TW: none

Neji x reader

(Not following the Naruto plotline)

WC: 3777

—––

You stepped out of your apartment on this beautiful day, seeing your boyfriend, Neji, waiting so you could go on a walk in the orchards together. Being around him always made you so happy. His quiet presents was calming and you didn't always need to talk about something to hangout.

His family, other than Hinata, absolutely despises you. You know Neji likes you, but after dating for over six months, he still hasn't said that he loves you. He shows you every day when he sees you, but you've always wondered what it would sound like coming from him. It's not something you thought you ever needed to hear, yet you can't shake the idea that he's just scared because of his family.

"Good morning, Neji," you said, smiling at your boyfriend who maybe looked a little beat up and tired. "You feeling alright?" Neji looked at you with his lavender eyes as a small smile came to him.

"I'm better now than I was earlier," he said, taking your hand into his, and intertwining your fingers.

"What happened?" You asked as you began walking.

"Nothing, it was just a long night," he replied, kissing your head. "You don't have to worry about it,"

"If you say so," you replied as you walked into the orchard. On the other side, there's a big field where you like to sit with Neji. That's where you're excited to go. It's both yours and Neji's day off, so you planned to spend it together. So naturally, you're excited, even if you don't have any big plans. Not that you know of at least. After a few minutes of silence, and admiring the beautiful trees, you decided to ask, "what are we doing today?"

"I just thought we would just relax today, not do anything elaborate,"

"Sounds nice," you leaned on him as we walked. He just seems off today. He's normally quite, but he seems nervous. You know sure as hell he's not about to propose to you, you had talked about it a few weeks ago and decided it was best to wait, so... What's bothering him?

You arrived at the field and found the highest point to lay down. Neji found a comfortable spot and rested there, and you laid next to him, eventually rolling on my side, and snuggling up to him, with your face next to his. You sneaked a short kiss on his cheek to see him blush. He looked at you, still smiling.

"You're so cute Neji," you hummed, trying to embarrass him or get some sort of compliment. He lost whatever composure he still had and covered his face with his hands.

"Thank you," he whispered, not sure what to do next. You hadn't even had your first kiss with him yet. He sat up, and you followed, not wanting to be away from him. You longed for the moment that was to come soon enough.

[Flashback]

The way your relationship started was ordinary, other than the fact that his family was, and still is against him dating you, claiming that it would make the bloodline "impure" or "dirty." They didn't mind you before that, being Hinata's best friend and being around their family all the time.

It was only when Neji began to show romantic interest in you, even if you were oblivious, that the Hyuga clan began to hate you, making you feel terrible. You tried your hardest to disappear until you realized that you too, had feelings for Neji. So you tried even harder to hide until eventually, you found yourself crying in a tree near the training grounds. Having told Hinata everything you felt, you decided you didn't want to be around her family at all and ran away to think.

You wiped away all stray tears from your face when you heard footsteps from below the tree you were in. You tried to put your self out of view of whoever it was.

"(Y/n)?" A familiar male voice called, making you blush at the sound of your own name. "Please- I just wanted to talk to you," he jumped to a tree branch to look for you, and you held your breath, trying not to be seen. He jumped to the tree branch in front of you and sat, looking at your tear-stained face. "(Y/n)... Please talk to me," Neji asked. You still didn't know he liked you at all.

"Neji, what does your family... Have against me?" You stuttered out, feeling terrible. He just sighed and grabbed your hand, making your face grow red. "What did I do wrong? Do you hate me too?" You questioned, worried that he did hate you too.

"You didn't do anything wrong," he gripped your hand tighter. "It's really all my fault. And I definitely don't hate you,"

"How in the world is it your fault?"

"Its- because... I really like you-" your world flipped inside out, did he really mean what you wanted him to mean?

"You mean-"

"Yes," he assured you what he meant. "See, it is my fault," he cooed, caressing your face, trying to remove the tears from your cheek.

"I- like you too," you finally agreed, making Neji smile wider than you had ever seen. "but if that makes your family hate you-"

"Then I don't care. Will you go on a date with me?" He pleaded, seeking your approval. You threw yourself into his arms, almost knocking him out of the tree, but he hugged you in return. "Is that a yes?" You hummed a quiet yes back as he let out a relieved sigh. "I'm so glad,"

[End flashback]

You sat next to him, staring into his light eyes. You couldn't help it anymore, you still wondered what those words sounded like coming from him.

You placed your hand on his knee so he would look back into your eyes. You came closer to him, butterflies fluttering in your stomach for this moment. You looked down at his lips, licking your own, leaving them wet and glossy, and slightly parted; hoping your trick would work like you thought it would.

Neji stared at your now saliva covered lips, and back at your eyes, hoping he knew what you meant. His hands found their way to your waist, pulling you as close as he could until he finally did it. He leaned into you and pressed his soft, warm lips to yours, finally after all this time, allowing your first kiss with him to be perfect. Your eyes closed and you ran your fingers through his long chocolate brown hair, pushing him into you, eventually placing your hand over his shoulders, deepening the kiss so it was much warmer.

Without letting you go, he momentarily broke away,

"I love you," he moaned into your mouth, before diving back into you. Time stopped after he muttered those three words. A tear of joy slipped from your eye as you finally pulled away. He spoke softly, his voice had become scratchy after that long, meaningful kiss. You were struck mute, unable to find the right words as he pressed his forehead to yours and your noses touching.

"I-" you quietly tried to speak again. "I love you too," you whispered, so beyond satisfied with the way it sounded.

Neji pulled you into his lap facing outwards to look at the fluffy clouds whisp by on a chilly day. He wrapped his arms around you, making sure you were warm and comfortable. You placed your hands over his and closed your eyes, sinking into your human pillow of a boyfriend.

"You should spend the night with me," you asked, keeping your eyes closed, listing to his soft clam breath.

"You should spend the night with me~" that seemed okay too. "I've been working really hard to get my family to like you, and it's finally working," he suggested.

"You think so?"

"It helps that you're Hinata's best friend too," he finished.

You had been together all day, and eventually, he bought you to dinner, and it was finally time to head home, wherever that was for tonight.

"Are you sure about this?" You asked, really nervous to see his family for the first time in months.

"Nope," he replied quickly.

"Neji!" You scoffed, knowing it was just a joke. "What if he..." You stopped for a moment pulling your boyfriend back and touching his forehead protector and bandages covering his curse mark. "Like last time?" Last time when you saw his uncle, you were with Neji and his uncle became so angry that he activated his curse mark, putting Neji in almost unbearable pain. "I don't want that to happen again," he removed your hand from his face. "It hurts you too much,"

"He won't. I've dealt with it long enough. And if he does... Well, then I'll deal with it again,"

"No- please don't. Not for me, I'm not worth the pain- I'm begging,"

"As I said, I've already talked to everyone, it shouldn't be a problem," he kissed your forehead as you walked into the Hyuga home. No one was around where you had entered. You and he snuck into Neji's somewhat small, but comfortable room. He pulled you into bed, holding you close.

You fell asleep in his arms for a few hours, being woken up Neji's door being opened.

"Hey, Neji-" Hinata called, seeing you, her face flushed, "I'm sorry-" she closed the door and ran away. You turned to Neji who was holding back a laugh.

"You ready to go home? If you stay much longer... I don't want to think about it," you buried your head in his chest, but agreed.

"Yeah-" you whispered, getting up and hopping out of his window so you wouldn't be seen. Neji followed seconds later. "I can get back by myself, I don't want you to get caught-" you stood on the roof of his house, facing Neji. He walked to you so your bodies were pressed together. He held your face, and his other hand snaking around your waist. Your tired eyes met his, and he leaned down to kiss you.

Your mouth was slightly open, waiting for his gentle touch. The warmth of his lips met yours as your eyes closed. You took a breath as he moved away.

"You're just so... Beautiful. I love you so much," you giggled at him, your new favorite words escaping his mouth.

"I love you too," you looked at the still dark sky, the sun barely peeking up. "But you should go back to bed before anyone else catches you,"

"Hnn," he hummed and hugged you again, not wanting to let you go. "fine," you let him go and pushed him away, ninja hopping off the roof and into the ground outside of his residence to walk home.

The whole time you were walking, you continued to look at your feet, smiling like an idiot.

Neji's words stuck in your mind, making you so happy and excited.

"(Y/n)!" Another voice called. You turned to see Hinata following you, running to catch up to you. You stopped to let her catch up.

"Yes, Hinata?"

"I- just... w- wanted to apologize for walking into-"

"It's fine, I needed to head out anyway. Just don't tell anyone else,"

"O- okay," she agreed, "I hope you know how much I miss h- having you around," you stepped closer to her and hugged her,

"I miss hanging out there too. But it is what it is," you finished, letting her go. "I'm going to head home now. I'll see you later!" You ran off with a smile, all the way back to your apartment.

A sigh fell from your mouth as you found yourself at home, staring at your empty bed. Your eyebrows furrowed at the idea of being alone, or rather not being with Neji. But you kept smiling, remembering the day before.

"I love you too, Neji," you fell into your bed, covering yourself in blankets. Before you could fall back asleep, a knock came at the door. You groaned, getting up was just so much work. Another, louder knock echoing your home.

You slipped off the bed and opened the door to see Shino.

"You have a mission, go see the Hokage," he grunted, walking away. You closed the door and pinched the bridge of your nose.

"It's so earlyyyyyyy," complaining wasn't going to make it go away, so you got dressed and left to see the Hokage.

You walked into the Hokage's office, and standing there was Rock Lee, Tenten, and Neji, who looked like he had been beaten up. His appearance said it all, his now unkempt hair, his bloodshot eyes with heavy eye bags and tear crust built up. Not to mention that he was shaking where he stood. The whole room went silent before you came in and lady Tsunade explained the simple escort mission to the village Hidden in the sand.

"You leave in ten minutes, go pack. Dismissed," Tsunade released you, but you just walked with Neji back to your apartment where he had left a bag packed for missions when he spends the night.

He stepped inside after a silent walk back home.

"I thought you said-" you started, slightly upset at the fact that it actually happened to him. "-you said it wouldn't happen," you grabbed your bag.

"(Y/n)-" you shoved his bag in his arms and with a few minutes left, you grabbed a soft hairbrush and had him sit on the couch while you brushed his hair.

"When we get back... You have to break up with me. I can't let this happen to you anymore," you placed the brush down and wrapped your arms around him from the back.

"No, I will not do that,"

"Then I will! This happens too often, and it's my fault. I love you but... It's all my fault you get hurt. It's me and that stupid curse mark," you cried.

"Please don't. I can handle it,"

"Let's go," you said blankly. "We're going to be late if we don't go now. We can spend this time together, but after this mission," you stood, and left out the door, Neji just behind you.

"(Y/n), please think about this,"

"I have been,"

"Then think about it again. We can't be done. I love you so much," he trailed off, taking your hand in his. "You're worth the pain,"

"That's the problem, I don't want you to be in pain," you arrived at the gate with your comrades, who also looked just as concerned. The team, along with you and Neji, finally left. You and Neji stayed in the back to talk. "Can we just... Enjoy the time we have now?" You mumbled.

Your team was escorting Garra back to the Sand, and the trip would be about a week long.

"What if I-" he turned to see your crying face. "Please don't cry. You don't have to end our relationship," he placed his arm around you as you walked.

"Let's talk about it later," you whispered, looking at your feet.

...

"You're not really going to break up with him, right?" Tenten asked as you mixed the pot of stew cooking over a fire.

"I don't have a choice,"

"Yes, you do. He already said that you were worth the pain,"

"I hate that he's in pain, I can't let him do that for me. It's not fair to him," You sighed, not wanting to do it, but knowing it's the best choice. You handed Tenten two bowls of the stew to give to Lee, and Garra, who were talking in Garra's tent. Neji just sat in your and his tent alone. Tenten came back and you grabbed your own dinner along with Neji's.

"Mind taking over?" You asked, walking away, not really caring if she said yes. You stepped into the tent and handed Neji his food.

The air stayed tense and thick as you ate in silence.

Neji finished first, a few minutes before you quit eating the bland, lifeless food. He took your bowls back and returned.

"(Y/n)..." You got comfortable under your sleeping bag. "(Y/n), don't do this. Don't ignore me," he called, grabbing your shoulder. You sat up.

"I just..." Your heart was already broken over something that wasn't set in stone. Neji scoots his sleeping bag next to yours so he could lay next to you. "I don't want to," you sputtered as he laid flat on his back. "I don't want to leave you," you flipped onto your stomach and threw an arm over his chest.

"Then don't. I'll find a way to make it stop if it bothers you so much,"

"Please," you sniffled, tears threatening to fall.

"Don't worry about it. Just- sleep for now," he stroked your hair, knowing there was no way to make it stop. It wasn't an option. The worst part was that it wasn't all of the Hyuga that hated you anymore. Just his uncle, who basically had full control over him.

Yes, the curse mark hurt Neji. But there was no way that he would let you go so easily. He would fight for you as long as he lived. He loves you more than life itself.

Light snores could be heard coming from you. You had fallen asleep, as upset as you were. Neji clicked the lantern off without moving you off him, and he too fell asleep until morning.

You woke up without him and assuming that he had just gotten up, you sat up and looked around, to see Neji lifting his sleep shirt to change. You couldn't lift your gaze from his toned back.

"Good morning Neji," you cooed sweetly. Neji jumped like you had startled him, and scrambled to put his regular outfit back on.

"I thought you were asleep," he said, stepping to your still sleepy self. He bent down and kissed your forehead, but you grabbed his face and pulled him to your lips, wanting to forget about everything else.

"You seem to be in a good mood this morning,"

"Far from it," you grumbled as he stood you on your feet and pulled you into a hug.

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice breaking from seeing you sad. "I'll figure it out," he let you go. He began to leave the tent so you could change.

...

Two days later you arrived at the Sand Village. You planned to stay the night, which seemed to fly by. You left early the next morning with everyone.

Garra and Lee stayed at the gate for a moment, the rest of the team watching as he left a kiss on Garra's lips before running to catch up with you. Tenten's jaw dropped at the sight of the two young men. Not that she was against it, but surprised that she hadn't seen it before.

...

The night before you arrived back in the Leaf Village was quiet and almost more sad than before. You stayed curled up in Neji's arms, balling about not wanting to leave him.

"(Y/n), I told you I am going to be fine. Just... Come home with me and... I'll talk to him more, please don't worry..." He gripped you tighter.

"But-"

"No, you're what's important to me. I'll be okay no matter what happens," he wiped the tears from your face.

"If it happens again- I really don't want to,"

"Just don't, I'll prove it. And then, everything is going to be okay," he spoke softly, rocking you back and forth, trying to get you to calm down.

"I love you so much," you cried, holding onto him.

"(Y/n), you're everything to me," he said in a low voice. "Please don't cry," the sky had grown dark, and Lee and Tenten were already asleep. You and Neji finally decided to sleep, so he placed you in your sleeping, and slid into his own, right next to you; facing you, and wanting you to be happy.

He took his forehead protector off, with just his bandages covering his forehead.

"Neji..." You looked into his eyes as he unwrapped his forehead at your request. You reached your hand up and ran your fingers over the mark. "I'm so sorry,"

"It shouldn't be a burden you have to bear. It's mine, and mine alone, got it?" He grabbed your hand and moved it away. He swiped a few strands of hair from over your eyes and rested his hand on your cheek. "I'm going to be okay," you nodded. You wanted to say with him so badly, it hurt your soul to imagine life without him.

"You promise?" You asked, knowing he did. He nodded and turned the lantern off so you could sleep.

"I promise,"

The next day you made it back to Konaha, never more anxious to be back. You and your team reported back to the Hokage and went your separate ways, Neji following you back to your apartment to get cleaned up before heading back to his house.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes," Neji pulled you inside, immediately being met with Hiashi and Hinata. Hinata hugged you, while Hiashi just glared at you and Neji. You braced onto Neji, waiting for something bad to happen. But after a moment of intense stares, Hiashi showed a small smile and walked away.

You turned to Hinata who was grinning at you and Neji.

"...what?" You and Neji were stunned.

"It t-took a lot o-of convincing, but..."

"Thank you, Hinata!" You exclaimed, pulling her and Neji in for a hug.

"Yes, thank you Hinata," Neji agreed, thanking his cousin.

"I missed having you around and know how much you love Neji-" she was cut off by your tears, and let you go. Neji continued to hold you. Hinata left you and Neji alone.

"I told you everything was going to be okay," he whispered, giving you a moment to breathe. You closed your eyes, so happy that he wouldn't be in pain because of you.

"I'm just-"

"You are so beautiful, I can't believe that you are mine, just... Don't worry about me anymore,"

"I won't,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 11.2K 50
Y/n L/n the last survivor of the L/n clan. Will protect Naruto with her life. Meets Gaara. Decides to protect him at all costs too. Fuck everyone els...
74.6K 1.3K 52
You're the daughter of kakashi hatake. Everything was good and fine in your life, nothing new until your dad decides he wants you to meet his team...
674K 11.7K 64
Naruto & Naruto Shippuden one shots! I might do Gaiden one shots if I ever decide to update this book and continue writing. I might do Boruto One...
217K 3.1K 81
Probably all smut I do not own any of the Naruto characters Request are open. Enjoy