ETHEREAL - glee!

By elisjiah_carpenter

lowercase intended delilah rae acosta was perfect inside and out, she was ETHEREAL. DiSiSCLAiMER :-: i do... More

-the four seasons-
-the cast-
-playlist-
one. zero three
one.zero five
one. zero six
one. zero seven five
authors note
one. zero eight five
one. zero nine
one. zero nine five
one.one
one.one five
one. eleven
one.twelve
one. twelve five
one.thirteen
one. thirteen part two
one. thirteen part three
authors note two
one. fourteen
one.fifteen
one.seventeen
one.seventeen part two
one.eighteen
one. eighteen part 2
one. eighteen part three
one.nineteen
one.nineteen five
one. twenty
one.twenty one
one. twenty one ii

one. zero two

8.5K 204 123
By elisjiah_carpenter

SEASON ONE | EPISODE 1 - EPISODE 2

delilah, santana and brittany stood at their lockers, santana applying lipstick through the mirror she had and delilah smiling at the pictures of them that she had just put up, her dimples evident. she was a freshman, whilst her two friends where sophmores. she was,of course, on the cheerios which made her befriend the pair, alongside Quinn, who's location was unknown to the trio.

delilah looked to her left and saw the schools jerk, noah puckerman, throw a red slushie into the face of the brown haired girl singing girl. she walked over to see if she was okay, before her arm was abruptly grabbed by non other than santana lopez, delilah took note of the disappointment in her face, as if she was a child who walked off in a grocery store.

"where are you going, we've got cheerio practice," santana questioned, slamming her locker and making the younger girl jump slightly. she pointed at rachel and explained how she wanted to see if she was okay, she wouldn't want slushie in her face so why would she.

"lilahs, if you go other there, you will get a slushie in your face, lets go before coach sylvester yells," santana said, grabbing the other blonde's pinky and escorting the blonde duo to the cheerleading gym, where they were met with quinn, a stressed and upset look evident on her face.

other people would call santana controlling, which she was. or they might call her a bitch, which she was. but it was for all the right reasons, she didn't want to see delilah get slushied, she didn't want delilah to be sad or 'bullied'. she was simply saving the girl from reality.

"quinn looks sad," delilah's raspy voice spoke, it being only the fifth sentence she had spoke today, the trio walked over to quinn and she explained how her boyfriend, finn, had joined mr shuester's, her spanish teacher, stupid glee club and how rachel berry was basically 'undressing him with her eyes'. "slushie girl," lilah spoke, "she was the girl noah hit with the slushie," she said, being one of the only people in the school to call puck noah, nobody knew why.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

the next day, delilah found herself with quinn and santana in celibacy club, she sat drawing in her notebook, not caring for anything in the club other than santana, and quinn but mainly santana because she was secretly her favorite. quinn banged her gavel on the wooden block causing the younger blonde to jump, santana intertwining her hand with hers, before turning their attention back to the older blonde.

"the celibacy club is now in session," quinn announces then turns her attention to rachel. "thanks to a school rule that says we have to let anyone join the club, we're welcoming a new member this week- rachel what's-her-name," quinn says and rachel looks around the room, confused.

"slushie girl," delilah whispered, to no one in particular than herself, but by the small smile on santana's face, she heard.
"where are all the boys?" rachel questioned , looking around. delilah thought for a second, deciding whether or not to say anything before opening her mouth.
"they're across the hall," she said, just above a whisper and smiled. "the first half hour we are apart then they come in her and we talk," she finished, quinn and santana smiling at her, as she went back to whatever she was doing, ignoring the everyone else.

sanatana grabbed the smaller girls hand, twirling her around and the cheerios danced, delilah went over to involve rachel but got violently yanked back by santana. they continued to dance and mess around until the boys came.

"let's pair up for the immaculate affection," quinn said, everyone was partnered up with a boy, quinn with finn, santana with puck and delilah with mike chang, a boy from the football team. delilah liked mike because he didn't treat her special, like she was younger than him. she didn't like that. mike also treated her like a princess, literally. "now, remember. if the balloon pops, the noise makes the angels cry," quinn said as everyone started dancing.

"where's our balloon, m'lady" mike asked, noticing that they didn't have one. delilah smiled at the nickname, before explaining how she was scared of the balloon popping so quinn said she didn't have to have one. they danced, ballroom style, mike twirling the girl as she laughed, the pair not noticing the daggers santana was throwing, if looks could kill.

delilah's attention snaps over to santana immediately as she was screaming and struggling to push puckerman off her as he was being, a bit of a dick. "my prince, i'm sorry but i must save the queen," she joked to mike before going over to puck and santana.

one thing about delilah, was that she had a good arm, despite being very shy she stuck up for her friends. most people where taken back that the girl talked, let alone could shout, the shock making them stop.

"noah, stop it," she demanded, an authoritative tone taking back everyone around her and puck surprisingly letting go, she went to go back to mike before hearing a popping sound which made her jump over to santana.

"it's okay hun," she said, playing with the girls hair as she linked her pinky with hers. "finn!" quinn yelled as the dopey boy looked like a deer in the headlights. "it must of caught my zipper," she defended. "or his dick," delilah whispered to santana, making her playfully shove the blonde, surprised that that came from her. they were struck from their quiet banter and their eyes flickered to the angry brunette, rachel.

"you know what? this is a joke," she yelled, santana and delilah sharing a 'oh fuck' look on their faces. "did you know that most studies have demonstrated that celibacy doesn't work in high schools? our hormones are driving us too crazy to abstain," she continued.
"who pissed in her milk?" santana whispered, to delilah and mike, as they had both taken a few steps back, away from the screaming teenager. "she's like an angry mouse,"

"the second we start telling ourselves that there's no room for compromise, we act out. the only way to deal with teen sexuality is to be prepared. that's what contraception is for," rachel finished, walking towards the door.

"don't you dare mention the "C" word," quinn gasped, like she had swore.

"you want to know a dirty little secret that none of them want you to know? girls want sex just as much as guys do," rachel said, and stormed out of the door. "that was dramatic," delilah whispered.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

delilah found herself at her weekly appointment in miss pilsbury's office, despite santana's protests that her 'best friend was fine' and 'not crazy' but the truth was that delilah wouldn't speak to anyone but quinn, brittany and of course, santana. she wouldn't answer or ask questions in class, she didn't like to talk. delilah didn't see a problem with that, she spoke to santana all the time when they were at her house. she spoke at cheerio practice after everyone had left. but this wasn't good enough for miss pilsbury, or her teachers.

"hello delilah, how has your week been," miss pilsbury asked, looking at the girl with her usual wide eyes. delilah responded with a shrug. her week had been the same, she didn't do anything special, cheerio practice, tutor sessions, santana came over so she wasn't alone while her parents where in maine. "have you made any new friends?" miss pilsbury asked. she didn't know why the guidance counsellor would ask her this, she had more friends than the slushie girl, unsurprisingly after what santana had told her. she probably had more friends than miss pilsbury.

"i don't need anymore friends," she spoke, quietly and miss pilsbury flashed a smile. "perhaps, lilah, if you had different friends that you were more comfortable with - " the teacher started. was she serious. it wasn't her friends that she wasn't comfortable with - she was very comfortable with sanatana. it was everyone else she didn't like to talk too. "i speak to my friends, miss pilsbury, i don't want more friends," she answered back. "brittany is very nice, so is quinn, i like speaking to them, britts makes me laugh and quinn is nice to me," delilah says. "santana and i speak a lot, especially at my house," she finishes.

"i am aware that you feel comfortable around them, but what about their friends, do you speak to finn?" the guidance counselor asks. "or noah puckerman?" she continued, knowing the group of people delilah was surrounded by, it not normally being the type she would speak to. she often spoke to the kids that weren't popular, like the 'slushie girl' not delilah.

"i can speak miss pilsbury, i just don't see the need to do it to everyone all the time," delilah sighed. "i like finn, he is nice," she finished. "finn is part of the glee club, i think joining would be good for you," miss pilsbury said. she did not want to join the glee club. yes, she loved to sing, and yes she was amazing at it. but she knew that every single member, other than finn, had been slushied. she knew that it was a loser club, santana would not approve. she also knew she would have to sing and dance in front of people.

"no thank you miss pilsbury," she declined and the lady just sighed with a smile. "they're performing at the assembly, i think you will enjoy it, then i'd like you to go to their next practise, you can just watch," she said, delilah left the office thinking about it, maybe she'd like glee club, maybe, just maybe, she wouldn't tell santana, that way, she couldn't stop her.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"how was your stupid session with that clean freak," santana asked, as the 'four seasons' as they called themselves walked towards the assembly hall. "it was okay," delilah answered, picking at her nails, nervously, debating whether to tell santana about glee club. santana grabbed the girls hands and locked their fingers, she would always claim that she didn't want to have to repaint her nails as she picked them all off but the truth was that she liked the feeling of delilah's hands in hers. and delilah didn't mind it either.

"lord tubbington said that he heard you talk once, i could tell her and you can stop leaving us, sanatana doesn't smile when you're not here," brittany said, causing delilah to smile. "i can talk brittnay, i just don't like too," delilah said. "look, you did it again," brittany said and she smiled back at the girl. "miss pilsbury is wrong, tanas said you go there because you don't talk, but you're talking," brittany said. delilah laughed at her, brittany knew she could talk, the spoke all the time.

they walked into the gymnasium, and sat ready for the assembly as principal figgins was already talking. "silence, children. silence. first, an announcement. the toilets are broken again. we are fixing the problem. but let me warn you. there will be zero tolerance for anyone soiling school grounds. we're not going to have a repeat of the last time," he said and the girls exchanged disgusted glances before turning their attention back to the stage. "we have a treat for you guys today. mr. schuester," he said and the glee club went on stage.

"yay, glee! glee kids, hooray!" miss pilsbury applauded and yelled. "i can't believe they make you talk to that," santana sighed. throughout the whole performance, quinn looked ready to explode and the rest looked oddly disturbed. "quinny, are you okay," delilah asked and she shook her head, but smiled. "im joining glee club," she said and delilah smiled. "can i join too," delilah smiled and the four exchanged knowing glances.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

the four were sat in coach sylvester's office, santana and delilah's hands intertwined as usual, and they waited for the coach's reaction to them joining glee club."let me get this straight, you're joining glee club?" coach asked as she looked at the girls.

"i'm sorry, coach sylvester, but something is going on between finn and that thing," quinn said. "slushie girl," delilah clarified, now referring to rachel as nothing but that since the incident in the hallway. her constant reminder to everyone that rachel got red slushie in her face made the four giggle. "you saw how it was undressing him with its eyes, please don't kick us off the cheerios," quinn said, ready to begin fake crying, even though sue would not give any sympathy to anyone, except for delilah - everyone had a soft spot for the girl.

"cease fire on the waterworks, i don't want to hear it, i don't want to see it," the coach said, snapping her fingers and making delilah squeeze santana's hand slightly harder and making her return it. "you know, q, when I first laid eyes on you I was reminded of a young sue sylvester, though you don't have my bone structure," the coach said and quinn looked proud, yet insulted. "i think quinny has nice bone structure," delilah comments making q flash her a smile and santana to flash a small jealous look. "but it wasn't until this very moment i saw how alike we really are, you three are going to be my spies, i need eyes on the inside," sue says.

"there's four of us coach sylvester," santana said. "i don't want lilah to feel like she has to do anything," coach sylvester said, out - of - character and looking out for the young girl, knowing something like this might stress her out and they needed her to be at her best for the cheerleading nationals.

"i would be the best spy, i sit there and listen to everything, i can do better than tana and britts and q," delilah said, surprising everyone and all the girls in the office to wear a proud smile. "we're going to bring this club down from within," sue said.
"and I'm gonna get my boyfriend back," quinn smiled. "i don't care so much about that,"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

the four auditioned for glee club, well santana,quinn and brittany, delilah sat and watched. the glee club needed enough members and they refused without delilah joining so mr schue had no choice but to accept them.

quinn was going to get her boyfriend back, brittany could dance and spend more time with her friends, santana was in sue's good books (and got to see delilah more) and delilah made was making everyone happy. and, perhaps, she would sing one day. but baby steps, small steps.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 969 14
[š š„šžšž] [š¬šžššš¬šØš§ šØš§šž - š¬šžššš¬šØš§ š¬š¢š±] Dylan Miller is a wild combination of many qualities, and most of them are not on the positive...
71.7K 2.5K 53
"šµš“Šš“‰ š“ƒš‘œš“‰š’½š’¾š“ƒ' š’¾š“ˆ š’·š‘’š“‰š“‰š‘’š“‡ š“ˆš‘œš“‚š‘’š“‰š’¾š“‚š‘’š“ˆ š’Ŗš“ƒš’øš‘’ š“Œš‘’'š“‹š‘’ š’·š‘œš“‰š’½ š“ˆš’¶š’¾š’¹ š‘œš“Šš“‡ š‘”š‘œš‘œš’¹š’·š“Žš‘’š“ˆ šæš‘’š“‰'š“ˆ š’暝“Šš“ˆš“‰ š“š‘’š“‰ š’¾ļæ½...
5.9K 106 8
Brittany just moved to Lima and is trying to get used to her new "normal." She's not really enjoying her life since she moved but school is now start...
10.7K 659 15
Welcome to a world where your parents think you're special. They think you're the most special kid in the entire universe. You're so special; they of...